Really - Manny Pacquiao?

most viewed right now
 120
 NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
26 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 116
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
135 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 95
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
133 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 92
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
21 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 03-16-2010, 01:23 PM         #181
DCReprezenta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 igotgame4ya said:
finally somebody that knows what they're talking about!!!!!!!!!!!
Bit of a Pacquaio hater, are we?
 8 years ago '05        #182
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$7,949 | Props total: 6 6
 PEK said:
This is the Bulls**t Floyd haters love to spew, and it just proves to me you dont know s**t about boxing. At that time Margarito hadn't done s**t to deserve a f!ght against Floyd. And in every interview Floyd kept asking the media who had Margarito beaten and none of them could answer the s**t. Margarito lost to a bum named Daniel Santos, then afterwards beat 3 bums including Kermit Cintron who also aint never beat nobody.

Baldomir was the true Welterweight champ and had wins over Judah, Gatti, and a DQ win over Clotey and was on a 27 f!ght win streak. The fact is Baldomir had a far better resume than Margarito. The only difference is Margarito had Arum as a promoter who is a much bigger name than Dan Goosen and Arum convinced you stupid a.ss Floyd haters that Marg deserved the f!ght, despite the fact that he hadnt done s**t to earn it. The same way he convinced you f**king idiots that Clottey deserved to f!ght Pacman when he hadnt done s**t to earn it.

Not to mention at that time Floyd wanted to f!ght De la Hoya, who wanted more time, Moseley who had a toothe ache, Hatton who wanted a 13 million dollar guarantee, and Cotto who Arum promotes but would only offer Floyd 7 mil to f!ght despite the fact that he was undefeated and a bigger name than Margarito who he offered Floyd 8 mil to f!ght.

You Floyd haters are pathetic and really need to STFU.
If you honestly watched both f!ghters at that time and you're telling me Baldomir was the better f!ghter, you're clearly f**king retarded. Baldomir was clearly losing that DQ win over Clottey by the by. Margarito had Martinez and Cintron on his record and wasn't 35 f**king years old like Baldomir was. Mayweather wanted to f!ght Mosley for what would have been a 4th time in a year, that's when he challenged. And you're money excuses hold no weight. Yes it's clear Arum and PBF don't get along, but he took a million dollars more to f!ght an overrated 35 year old instead of f!ghting one of two of the top 5 welterweights.

Only thing I agree with is Clottey probably shouldn't have fought Manny, but it's not like Clottey was some slump and hadn't fought major opposition either.
 8 years ago '04        #183
igotgame4ya  OP
space
avatar space
space
$1,858 | Props total: 19 19
nah not at all.. i think is a good f!ghter, he doesn't have the FMJ skill set though...

and I give him credit for his wins... but lets call fair ball on both sides...

you can't discredit may for wins that you give pac credit for... i don't care how "fast or quick" they were beat... nah mean...

example.. collazo gave the blueprint to beating hatton, fmj just finished it... and pac saw this and just capitilized on the flaw...
but may nor collazo get credit for it.. all you hear is that pac ko'd him in 2...

all this catchweight stuff and penalties is garbage... lets just f!ght!

don't knock may and give pac praise for doing the same things is all i'm sayin...

and if ANYBODY really thinks a high punch output is all is needed to beat floyd... ur crazy!

if you didn't see Pac just throwing to be throwing ur crazy! he landed 27% of his punches!!!!

and some people say this is an ATG??????? one thing I WILL HATE ON is that he's an ATG...
ATGs dont land only 27% of the punches!
 8 years ago '05        #184
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$7,949 | Props total: 6 6
No a southpaw who closes the ring is how to beat Floyd. That's what gives him the most trouble and I do think throwing 100+ punches a round can definitely make him change his game plan.

My point is Floyd nor Manny should have never fought DLH and Manny shouldn't really have fought Hatton, but for a second f!ght at welterweight a former champ isn't a bad tune up f!ght.
 8 years ago '04        #185
igotgame4ya  OP
space
avatar space
space
$1,858 | Props total: 19 19
 Santoro said:
If you honestly watched both f!ghters at that time and you're telling me Baldomir was the better f!ghter, you're clearly f**king retarded. Baldomir was clearly losing that DQ win over Clottey by the by. Margarito had Martinez and Cintron on his record and wasn't 35 f**king years old like Baldomir was. Mayweather wanted to f!ght Mosley for what would have been a 4th time in a year, that's when he challenged. And you're money excuses hold no weight. Yes it's clear Arum and PBF don't get along, but he took a million dollars more to f!ght an overrated 35 year old instead of f!ghting one of two of the top 5 welterweights.

Only thing I agree with is Clottey probably shouldn't have fought Manny, but it's not like Clottey was some slump and hadn't fought major opposition either.

who was the top 5 welter??? please dont say margo!!! if you are thinking SO...
 8 years ago '05        #186
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$7,949 | Props total: 6 6
Cotto and yes Margarito was being ranked top 5 to top 10 by many people.
 03-16-2010, 02:10 PM         #187
Hurricane24 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Santoro said:
No a southpaw who closes the ring is how to beat Floyd. That's what gives him the most trouble and I do think throwing 100+ punches a round can definitely make him change his game plan.

My point is Floyd nor Manny should have never fought DLH and Manny shouldn't really have fought Hatton, but for a second f!ght at welterweight a former champ isn't a bad tune up f!ght.
if you think pac can just throw a million punches and f**k with floyd then you're wrong, pbf unlike clottey is a great counter puncher and has the fastest hands out there, it will be a great f!ght though, hope it happens
 8 years ago '04        #188
igotgame4ya  OP
space
avatar space
space
$1,858 | Props total: 19 19
 Santoro said:
Cotto and yes Margarito was being ranked top 5 to top 10 by many people.

LINK???
 03-16-2010, 02:16 PM         #189
DCReprezenta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 igotgame4ya said:
who was the top 5 welter??? please dont say margo!!! if you are thinking SO...
Dude...were u watching boxing prior to Tonio's f!ght against Mosley? Margarito was a whirlwind, scariest punch output in the game with one of the most solid chins. It was to the point where I aint even consider his knockout of Cotto an upset. Dude was pretty revered during his run, prior to his 'advantage' being discovered. Definitely was a noteworthy opponent for Floyd during that time.
I rememba watching him take 6 Heads out in no time, and how he just demolished Kyvelos to the body (prospect at the time), the Cintron f!ght just put it over the top...SICK body attack man, 4 years ago, I dont think there was a more feared body puncher than Margarito. He even threw 100+ a round consistently without even slowing down.
 8 years ago '05        #190
Sizzler01 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,066 | Props total: 1011 1011
 PEK said:
This is the Bulls**t Floyd haters love to spew, and it just proves to me you dont know s**t about boxing. At that time Margarito hadn't done s**t to deserve a f!ght against Floyd. And in every interview Floyd kept asking the media who had Margarito beaten and none of them could answer the s**t. Margarito lost to a bum named Daniel Santos, then afterwards beat 3 bums including Kermit Cintron who also aint never beat nobody.

Baldomir was the true Welterweight champ and had wins over Judah, Gatti, and a DQ win over Clotey and was on a 27 f!ght win streak. The fact is Baldomir had a far better resume than Margarito. The only difference is Margarito had Arum as a promoter who is a much bigger name than Dan Goosen and Arum convinced you stupid a.ss Floyd haters that Marg deserved the f!ght, despite the fact that he hadnt done s**t to earn it. The same way he convinced you f**king idiots that Clottey deserved to f!ght Pacman when he hadnt done s**t to earn it.

Not to mention at that time Floyd wanted to f!ght De la Hoya, who wanted more time, Moseley who had a toothe ache, Hatton who wanted a 13 million dollar guarantee, and Cotto who Arum promotes but would only offer Floyd 7 mil to f!ght despite the fact that he was undefeated and a bigger name than Margarito who he offered Floyd 8 mil to f!ght.

You Floyd haters are pathetic and really need to STFU.
Lenny you always out do yourself you say someone doesn't know what they are talking about then you say Baldomir had a 27 f!ght win streak Floyd fans will say anything... you know damn well Margarito would have wiped the floor with Baldomir he was a journeyman that got hot thats all

the reason was Floyd said easy Margarito was easy money, if it don't make dollars it don't make sense, im about making money why not take an easy f!ght for 8 mil?

and what Floyd fans always ignore is that Arum offered Floyd 7 mil to f!ght Margarito but he opted to instead f!ght a washed up Sharmba Mitchell for 4 mil, all about the money?
 03-16-2010, 02:22 PM         #191
DCReprezenta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 igotgame4ya said:
nah not at all.. i think is a good f!ghter, he doesn't have the FMJ skill set though...

and I give him credit for his wins... but lets call fair ball on both sides...

you can't discredit may for wins that you give pac credit for... i don't care how "fast or quick" they were beat... nah mean...

example.. collazo gave the blueprint to beating hatton, fmj just finished it... and pac saw this and just capitilized on the flaw...
but may nor collazo get credit for it.. all you hear is that pac ko'd him in 2...

all this catchweight stuff and penalties is garbage... lets just f!ght!

don't knock may and give pac praise for doing the same things is all i'm sayin...

and if ANYBODY really thinks a high punch output is all is needed to beat floyd... ur crazy!

if you didn't see Pac just throwing to be throwing ur crazy! he landed 27% of his punches!!!!

and some people say this is an ATG??????? one thing I WILL HATE ON is that he's an ATG...
ATGs dont land only 27% of the punches!
Well...Collazo and Floyd both boxed Hatton and let him walk into shots. Manny fought a completely diffrent f!ght and went straight at Hatton. In no way, shape, or form did Manny's attack resemble the "blueprint" that Collazo and Floyd laid.

Floyd is definitely one of the best p4p, he just simply talks more than he signs. This f!ght with Mosley should be his toughest to date, be interesting to see him f!ght a guy who I believe can match him jab for jab....da way Judah was able to before he hit his expected wall, which is about 3.5 rounds.

Manny landed 27%, but im sure about 80% made contact...kinda hard to have a high connect rate on a guy who's in a shell and isn't willing to f!ght. Margarito showed that, he threw everything at Clottey for just about every second for those last 6 rounds....dude just goes into a full defensive shell.
 8 years ago '05        #192
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$7,949 | Props total: 6 6
 Hurricane24 said:
if you think pac can just throw a million punches and f**k with floyd then you're wrong, pbf unlike clottey is a great counter puncher and has the fastest hands out there, it will be a great f!ght though, hope it happens
Did I say that? No. Paquiao needs to close of the ring and come at all angles, because Floyd will run around the ring for 12 rounds as usual. Manny doesn't need to just throw punches to throw punches, but a high work rate is usually a good thing. Floyd is gonna try and out box manny and counter. If Manny and Roach can learn how to take advantage of him being open during those counters it could get really interesting. Floyd has also had some difficulties with lefties as well. Boxing needs this f!ght either way.
 8 years ago '08        #193
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$48,730 | Props total: 11627 11627
 Sizzler01 said:
Lenny you always out do yourself you say someone doesn't know what they are talking about then you say Baldomir had a 27 f!ght win streak Floyd fans will say anything... you know damn well Margarito would have wiped the floor with Baldomir he was a journeyman that got hot thats all

the reason was Floyd said easy Margarito was easy money, if it don't make dollars it don't make sense, im about making money why not take an easy f!ght for 8 mil?

and what Floyd fans always ignore is that Arum offered Floyd 7 mil to f!ght Margarito but he opted to instead f!ght a washed up Sharmba Mitchell for 4 mil, all about the money?

Arum said while Mayweather would have taken the $8 million to f!ght Margarito, he asked for a $10 million guarantee to f!ght opponents such as Miguel Cotto and Ricky Hatton, when Arum was only willing to guarantee $7 million.

Arum said Mayweather also asked for $20 million to f!ght De La Hoya, a f!ght Arum said he wasn't interested in participating in.


Arum is a c*nt
 03-16-2010, 02:26 PM         #194
DCReprezenta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sizzler01 said:
Lenny you always out do yourself you say someone doesn't know what they are talking about then you say Baldomir had a 27 f!ght win streak Floyd fans will say anything... you know damn well Margarito would have wiped the floor with Baldomir he was a journeyman that got hot thats all

the reason was Floyd said easy Margarito was easy money, if it don't make dollars it don't make sense, im about making money why not take an easy f!ght for 8 mil?

and what Floyd fans always ignore is that Arum offered Floyd 7 mil to f!ght Margarito but he opted to instead f!ght a washed up Sharmba Mitchell for 4 mil, all about the money?
Not to mention, Gatti wasn't looking half bad until he appeared to be injured and it all went downhill for him. Combine that with the fact that Gatti was clearly f!ghting at a weight that wasn't beneficial to him and u get da same result he got when he fought Alfonso Gomez.
Shyt....Baldomir was what? 170 pounds.
 03-16-2010, 02:28 PM         #195
DCReprezenta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Santoro said:
Did I say that? No. Paquiao needs to close of the ring and come at all angles, because Floyd will run around the ring for 12 rounds as usual. Manny doesn't need to just throw punches to throw punches, but a high work rate is usually a good thing. Floyd is gonna try and out box manny and counter. If Manny and Roach can learn how to take advantage of him being open during those counters it could get really interesting. Floyd has also had some difficulties with lefties as well. Boxing needs this f!ght either way.
2 times Floyd appeared to be stunned were against southpaws. Chop Chop rocked him pretty good, and Zab scored an uncredited knockdown.
Floyd adapts pretty well though, so I do believe he'd be picking Manny off by the middle rounds....It'd just be nice to see them sign the contract and let it happen.
 8 years ago '04        #196
igotgame4ya  OP
space
avatar space
space
$1,858 | Props total: 19 19
HE SURE DID, and you didn't WATCH MARGO b4 that... so stop lying!

margo barely had any f!ghts televised IF ANY... .. cintron was his 1st big one... and he was only makng noise b/c of the incident with fmj at a conference or something...

remember he ran up on fmj for a f!ght and was asked who did you beat? beat somebody and we can talk... i bet you don't remember that...

besides when margo got his chance to shine.. he almost let clottey beat him!
and that was televised !!!!

"Manny landed 27%, but im sure about 80% made contact...kinda hard to have a high connect rate on a guy who's in a shell and isn't willing to f!ght. Margarito showed that, he threw everything at Clottey for just about every second for those last 6 rounds....dude just goes into a full defensive shell. "


fmj would have landed more than 27% ... on anybody!


Last edited by igotgame4ya; 03-16-2010 at 02:31 PM..
 03-16-2010, 02:32 PM         #197
DCReprezenta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 igotgame4ya said:
HE SURE DID, and you didn't WATCH MARGO b4 that... so stop lying!

margo barely had any f!ghts televised IF ANY... .. cintron was his 1st big one... and he was only makng noise b/c of the incident with fmj at a conference or something...

remember he ran up on fmj for a f!ght and was asked who did you beat? beat somebody and we can talk... i bet you don't remember that...

besides when margo got his chance to shine.. he almost let clottey beat him!
and that was televised !!!!
Extremely inaccurate, prior to his first f!ght wit Cintron...I'd already seen him at least a half dozen times on TV. Seen him f!ght Lujan (where he appeared to detach dudes ear), 6 Heads Lewis, Hercules Kyvelos, Santos (they fought twice, the one i saw was the rematch at 154 for Santos' title).....by the time he fought Clottey, he'd already been very well known by real boxing fans. Those who don't strictly follow the big PPV's and HBO 24/7's.
 8 years ago '06        #198
Isiah61 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,005 | Props total: 1467 1467
Take the test
 03-16-2010, 02:36 PM         #199
DCReprezenta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 igotgame4ya said:
"Manny landed 27%, but im sure about 80% made contact...kinda hard to have a high connect rate on a guy who's in a shell and isn't willing to f!ght. Margarito showed that, he threw everything at Clottey for just about every second for those last 6 rounds....dude just goes into a full defensive shell. "


fmj would have landed more than 27% ... on anybody!
I don't doubt that. Floyd is a sharp shooter, one of the best counterpunchers to bless the sport.
I will say this.....17/45 will generally get u a better connect rate than 20/95.
 8 years ago '04        #200
igotgame4ya  OP
space
avatar space
space
$1,858 | Props total: 19 19
 DCReprezenta said:
Extremely inaccurate, prior to his first f!ght wit Cintron...I'd already seen him at least a half dozen times on TV. Seen him f!ght Lujan (where he appeared to detach dudes ear), 6 Heads Lewis, Hercules Kyvelos, Santos (they fought twice, the one i saw was the rematch at 154 for Santos' title).....by the time he fought Clottey, he'd already been very well known by real boxing fans. Those who don't strictly follow the big PPV's and HBO 24/7's.
you must have been out of the USA bc margo WAsNT known to people...
where did you see him? hbo, espn... versus....where?

clottey was after cintron! what are you talking about!!!!!!!!

when he fought clottey people wanted to know who is that man that people say floyd is ducking... that's it... then we witnessed clottey break his hand while giving margo the biz!!!!


so if u say you saw him f!ght tell me where ... b/c i could never find his f!ghts!
maybe 1 or 2... but not enough to say he's an elite f!ghter...
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 50
Video inside Who is she!!
25 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 39
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 29
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
51 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 16
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 16
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 12
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
202 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 11
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
79 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 11
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy