most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
79 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

gun to head, wich actor would u take
Robert De Niro 61 50.41%
Denzel Wahington 60 49.59%
Voters: 121. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '07        #61
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,270 | Props total: 15131 15131
 javi1989 said:
LOL, I don't even know how this is debatable *waits for Hughes Brothers vs. Scorsese thread*
it shouldn't be, but this is boxden so...
 8 years ago '07        #62
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
LETS GO BLACK PEOPLE DE NIRO IS CATCHING UP

**speeds away in a unmarked cube van**
 03-18-2010, 01:34 PM         #63
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KeepinItTrill said:
ppl on here go by race more-so than acting ability

I mean, I saw a poll where it was I think Dave Chappelle vs George Carlin and Chappelle won
I wouldn't be surprised if that was true.
 8 years ago '08        #64
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 8 8
 KeepinItTrill said:
ppl on here go by race more-so than acting ability

I mean, I saw a poll where it was I think Dave Chappelle vs George Carlin and Chappelle won
dude are you serious? foh wit that race s**t...just because Denzel is winning the poll by 1..that means all the people who voted are racist against de niro? maybe those people actually think he is a better actor ...its all opinion...why get upset? get your head outta your a.ss, kids.....

Last edited by supervillain; 03-18-2010 at 04:02 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #65
space
space
 Mathematic said:
dude are you serious? foh wit that race s**t...just because Denzel is winning the poll by 1..that means all the people who voted are racist against de niro? get your head outta your a.ss, kids.....
look at some of the responses in the thread dumb f**k...

and did I say they were ALL racist? don't put words in my mouth

there are some dudes that voted who lean towards Denzel cuz he's black, and if somebody tries to tell me I'm lying then they're full of s**t forreal. Nothing racist about that comment.

and kid? I'm almost 23, far from a damn kid

Last edited by KeepinItTrill; 03-18-2010 at 04:04 PM..
 03-18-2010, 07:54 PM         #66
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mathematic said:
dude are you serious? foh wit that race s**t...just because Denzel is winning the poll by 1..that means all the people who voted are racist against de niro? maybe those people actually think he is a better actor ...its all opinion...why get upset? get your head outta your a.ss, kids.....
Its true, no way Denzel is a better actor, not just because he is black but because his prime was recent. Ask this question to some older people and you get different responses.
 8 years ago '04        #67
wheezyfbaby 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,410 | Props total: 29 29
Current day - Denzel
All time - De Niro

Why are we comparing De Niro to Zel? It's not really a fair comparison. De Niro is 40 yrs deep with countless classics. Denzel was on St. Elsewhere in the early to late 80s but he didn't blow up until 89' (Glory). Going back to the 70s the debate has always been between Bobby and Pacino.
 8 years ago '07        #68
space
space
 KeepinItTrill said:
look at some of the responses in the thread dumb f**k...

and did I say they were ALL racist? don't put words in my mouth

there are some dudes that voted who lean towards Denzel cuz he's black, and if somebody tries to tell me I'm lying then they're full of s**t forreal. Nothing racist about that comment.

and kid? I'm almost 23, far from a damn kid
your a.ssuming that black people voted for him because he was black...and im pretty sure NOBODDDDDDY white would do such a thing

...and before you go bringing up my comment i was being sarcastic
 8 years ago '07        #69
space
space
 Pistol Peter said:
your a.ssuming that black people voted for him because he was black...and im pretty sure NOBODDDDDDY white would do such a thing

...and before you go bringing up my comment i was being sarcastic
I've seen plenty of your other "pro black" posts so there was some truth behind what you said even if it was sarcastic this time

and I never said white ppl wouldn't do that, but even if Denzel were white or Bob was black, you can look at their filmographies and if you've actually seen their acting you can say right off the bat who's better....

this shouldn't even be close but it's f**kin tied...
 8 years ago '08        #70
space
space
you're angry because the voting is tied? Ok, now i see whats up. FOH

Last edited by supervillain; 03-18-2010 at 10:14 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #71
space
space
 KeepinItTrill said:
I've seen plenty of your other "pro black" posts so there was some truth behind what you said even if it was sarcastic this time

and I never said white ppl wouldn't do that, but even if Denzel were white or Bob was black, you can look at their filmographies and if you've actually seen their acting you can say right off the bat who's better....

this shouldn't even be close but it's f**kin tied...
so even if my one vote is rejected due to my extreme "pro blackness" :rolleyes: you think all the other people who voted denzel is bulls**t because they voted for him simply because he is black?..maybe they loved his performance as malcom x..or maybe they hated or never seen taxi driver...or maybe just maybe they just think he is a better actor

you are simply in deny mode because of what you think is right...and what the f**k is the ratio of black people to white on here since you wanna play the race card...im pretty sure us blackies are out numbered
 8 years ago '08        #72
space
space
 Pistol Peter said:
so even if my one vote is rejected due to my extreme "pro blackness" :rolleyes: you think all the other people who voted denzel is bulls**t because they voted for him simply because he is black?..maybe they loved his performance as malcom x..or maybe they hated or never seen taxi driver...or maybe just maybe they just think he is a better actor

you are simply in deny mode because of what you think is right...and what the f**k is the ratio of black people to white on here since you wanna play the race card...im pretty sure us blackies are out numbered
man, you cant argue with that kid....he pissed because the voting is tied..you cant argue with dudes like that...
 03-19-2010, 10:02 AM         #73
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Pistol Peter said:
im pretty sure us blackies are out numbered
Doesn't matter, anything black, hood, hip hop related, slave related etc. will gain attention here. Denzel has done black gangster films, slave films, movies popular in hip hop etc. And most of all he is black and great (there are maybe a handful of great black actors so in the community they get overrated by default)

Pacino is another one, I have heard from several blacks including my family members that he is better than Bobby strictly for the piece of s**t rapper's cult classic Scarface, not one of his best roles and nothing on DeNiro but that is how a lot of people see it.

Obviously people won't vote DeNiro because he is white considering it is a hip hop site, and that 80%+ of the best actors are white, you have to be aware of the difference in minority and majority when looking at these votes. (btw EVERY website with a poll voting will have biased considering the type of site) I hate bringing up race when discussing talent and skill but to sit here and deny that Boxden isn't racially biased is laughable. I would bet 50% or more voted Denzel without actual knowledge of both filmographies or talents, just the race, and time frame of his career in mind.

Now we can end this discussion and compare Denzel to Tom Hanks and Johnny Depp.
 03-19-2010, 10:04 AM         #74
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mathematic said:
man, you cant argue with that kid....he pissed because the voting is tied..you cant argue with dudes like that...
Nobody is pissed, it is more funny than upsetting. Its not like Boxden's consensus opinion has ever made a difference, it is just a solid debate that questions how much real movie fans we have here.
 8 years ago '07        #75
space
space
 smokeweed101. said:
Doesn't matter, anything black, hood, hip hop related, slave related etc. will gain attention here. Denzel has done black gangster films, slave films, movies popular in hip hop etc. And most of all he is black and great (there are maybe a handful of great black actors so in the community they get overrated by default)

Pacino is another one, I have heard from several blacks including my family members that he is better than Bobby strictly for the piece of s**t rapper's cult classic Scarface, not one of his best roles and nothing on DeNiro but that is how a lot of people see it.

Obviously people won't vote DeNiro because he is white considering it is a hip hop site, and that 80%+ of the best actors are white, you have to be aware of the difference in minority and majority when looking at these votes. (btw EVERY website with a poll voting will have biased considering the type of site) I hate bringing up race when discussing talent and skill but to sit here and deny that Boxden isn't racially biased is laughable. I would bet 50% or more voted Denzel without actual knowledge of both filmographies or talents, just the race, and time frame of his career in mind.

personnally i dont think denzel is better and yes i am 100% field negro black...but i dont think its fair for yall dudes just to say all black people voted for him simply because they are black as if black people are savages who dont know any better and just go by what looks like them and as if white people are so beyond that and above of voting in one of their own because they know better and they are such a evolved and prestige race

its the same thing with other things as well...this may be off topic but it ties in with the topic so pleasee hear me out...me and my white co-workers were talking boxing..i said i like floyd mayweather and they said "just because he is black" and i said why is it that mexicans can like oscar and asians can like manny and puerto ricans can like cotto and nobody will never point a finger at them but when somebody black likes another black person they would say "oh your just doing it becasue they are black"...same thing with black people being accused of voting in obama...i dont know...either way we shouldnt discredit other peoples views simply because we dont like the outcome...and if you dont get it f**k you and your unborn seeds
 8 years ago '07        #76
space
space
 smokeweed101. said:

and just for the sake of argument who would you pick....i would say denzel but i dont want to be accused of being racially bias
 8 years ago '05        #77
lflaxjr_1 1 heat pts
space
space
$232 | Props total: 0 0
DENZEL ALL THE WAY! PHENOMENAL ACTOR!:agreement6:
 8 years ago '05        #78
I Am... 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,208 | Props total: 49 49
pffffffttttttttttt denzel k!llllls deniro, yall dont understand movies
 8 years ago '07        #79
space
space
 Pistol Peter said:
personnally i dont think denzel is better and yes i am 100% field negro black...but i dont think its fair for yall dudes just to say all black people voted for him simply because they are black as if black people are savages who dont know any better and just go by what looks like them and as if white people are so beyond that and above of voting in one of their own because they know better and they are such a evolved and prestige race

its the same thing with other things as well...this may be off topic but it ties in with the topic so pleasee hear me out...me and my white co-workers were talking boxing..i said i like floyd mayweather and they said "just because he is black" and i said why is it that mexicans can like oscar and asians can like manny and puerto ricans can like cotto and nobody will never point a finger at them but when somebody black likes another black person they would say "oh your just doing it becasue they are black"...same thing with black people being accused of voting in obama...i dont know...either way we shouldnt discredit other peoples views simply because we dont like the outcome...and if you dont get it f**k you and your unborn seeds
nobody's acting like whites are superior or anything like that, it has to do with Robert's filmography vs Denzel's. Lemme put it this way, it would be like saying some new kid comes along and they automatically start sayin oh he's gonna be better than Michael Jordan, cuz MJ is that standard in basketball. In my, and alotta ppl's eyes, Robert De Niro is the standard in acting. His filmography is incredible, yea he's fallen off now and ppl are getting the present confused with ALL of his work. His acting resume is untouchable. Denzel is a great actor, and has recently come into his prime with the roles he picks and pursues. I like Denzel a lot, but to say he's a better actor than Robert or has a better career than Robert is f**king insulting to movie fans. Not even Denzel himself would say he's better than Bob, and that's the main point me and smokeweed101 are trying to make here. We aren't on some "blacks stick with blacks" s**t but when you got dudes actually saying Denzel makes better films than Bob, you gotta wonder why they're saying that. It's either 1 of 2 things, and that's they're black and they ride behind Denzel because he's black more because he's an established black actor that gets respect from all races, or 2 they don't really know Bob's movies and form a dumb a.ss opinion without ever really seeing his movies. I'm a fan of both actors, but it's not a coincidence that Bob has been in some of the most praised movies since the history of cinema. Denzel can't say the same.

and if I came off as thinking "oh they ALL just voted for him cuz he's black" then that's my poor choice of wording. It had more to do with ppl not really seeing Bob's films and making a blind judgment call than them sticking behind Denzel cuz he's black. But it does make you wonder why ppl choose who they choose when they are saying Denzel is a better actor though...

Last edited by KeepinItTrill; 03-19-2010 at 01:11 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #80
space
space
 Pistol Peter said:
and just for the sake of argument who would you pick....i would say denzel but i dont want to be accused of being racially bias

Johnny > Denzel > >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tom
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
135 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
100 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
180 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Biggie Smalls was Official South Side Compton Crip
60 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
75 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
60 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside 15 Artists That Biggie Wanted To Work With (But Never Got The Chance)
42 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy