Jay-Z's genius marketing plan??

most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
175 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
130 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
37 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
23 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-14-2010, 07:58 AM         #21
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
let me cue the music

03-14-2010, 08:01 AM         #22
kingz21 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I see what your saying ahhaa. But stfu, you were just d*ckriding drake a few months back now you tryna hate on him. SMH rap fans change up so quickly. In a few months your gonna post how j.cole flopped and his album isn't what you expected it to be.
 8 years ago '04        #23
young $ 2 heat pts
space
space
$659 | Props total: 11 11
People who don't know J Cole should really look dude up... I am glad I did a while back when some one put me on his mixtapes... Lights Please is so vicious
 8 years ago '05        #24
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,734 | Props total: 12541 12541
this is one of the worst theories I've ever heard in my life.

The fact that you believe that Jay-Z passed on a chance to sign Drake, someone who will literally generate millions of dollars in a time where it's hard to sell records, just to set up J.Cole who is not garunteed to win over the public, just s**ts on this theory plain and simple..

This isn't even a well thought out theory..

For one nobody passes on a RAP/POP future sensation, for someone who is just pure hip-hop. You don't do that, and Jay-Z wouldn't do that, he's too smart of a business man to do something like that.

Last edited by Hold That; 03-14-2010 at 09:05 AM..
 8 years ago '10        #25
SandmanNyC 26 heat pts26
space
space
$4,591 | Props total: 2249 2249
whats a j. cole?
 8 years ago '05        #26
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,734 | Props total: 12541 12541
 SandmanNyC said:
whats a j. cole?
the best rapper you've never heard about.
 8 years ago '04        #27
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
space
$18,900 | Props total: 1128 1128
 Scan said:
And Jay will be behind every step it takes...

ILLUMINATI
^ ahahahahahaha.
 03-14-2010, 09:19 AM         #28
Sephiroth757 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '04        #29
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
space
$18,900 | Props total: 1128 1128
 THE TAKEOVER said:
I still dont understand why people say jay hasnt put j.cole on.

You do know that he is the ONLY new school cat to have a verse on the album bp3.

You know that same album that was k!lling the charts?
^ he may be the only "new school cat" to have a verse on the album, but drake and kid cudi did hooks on two different songs.
 03-14-2010, 09:55 AM         #30
THE TAKEOVER 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hardkore said:
^ he may be the only "new school cat" to have a verse on the album, but drake and kid cudi did hooks on two different songs.
I knew that. My point was that Jay only gave Cole a verse on his album not the other two.
 8 years ago '08        #31
Showtimegp 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,550 | Props total: 41 41
This n*gga thinking too deep, Jay didnt tell drake about wayne it was J.Prince and lol @ thinking jay plan to help J.cole if so you would of seen the n*gga make mad cameos in his videos and jay would of big him up every time he was on tv/radio like what he does to drake
 03-14-2010, 10:50 AM         #32
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
j cole is nas without the l's? i dont even know who j cole is.....needless to say, mentioning nas and conspiracy theories made this thread irrelevant. whats this genius marketing plan? ha....good one
 8 years ago '04        #33
EOAE 60 heat pts60 OP
space
space
$6,927 | Props total: 283 283
i remember i told you guys 50 cents career is over...you all said no...

ILLUMINATI
 8 years ago '07        #34
Bkjj11 3547 heat pts3547
space
space
$92,325 | Props total: 69889 69889
 Scan said:
i remember i told you guys 50 cents career is over...you all said no...

ILLUMINATI
And you're wrong, just like this thread

ILLUMINATI
 8 years ago '04        #35
DJ Maximum|M 47 heat pts47
space
space
$43,333 | Props total: 11467 11467
so i get it

Jay-Z is God

J.Cole is Jesus

smh
 03-14-2010, 03:08 PM         #36
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
his whole marketing strategy is riding illuminati coattails. all dude has to do is make a video with certain symbolism, wear a shirt with a logo, or shake someones hand. its that simple.

first big marketing strategy i can remember him having was trying to be king of n.y. his second was retiring, his third was coming back, and now its illuminati. cause word of mouth is free.

does is surprise you that during the peak of interest for any of those hes also got something hes trying to sell you, like a new cd.

Last edited by Ni2; 03-14-2010 at 03:12 PM..
 8 years ago '08        #37
Lot17 24 heat pts24
space
space
$3,022 | Props total: 465 465
lol ya n*ggas too funny
 03-14-2010, 10:16 PM         #38
gmn23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
J.Cole and drake are two diff artists...drake came up originally wit nicholas F, rapper from va who was featured on freesytyle friday on Bet....he wuld bring drake in for fill ins after his mixtapes were done, thus indirectly helpin drake to learn how to come up with concepts and melodys for songs...i know this bc my cousin is a producer who has worked with both artists...with that being said...cole is ah diff kinda brotha...he frm NC(fayetteville) small town but known down here for its tough crime rate and violence(similar to Durham) Cole sings with harmony in his hooks, drake be eww eww singin like he signed to the group Guy or sumthin....all jokes aside, Drake is top dawg bc of commerce and his ability to be marketable thru his wrks with Disney and s**t....aint no street s**t behind him, the streets always tell u who hot(French Montana Max B Curren$y Cole etc) streets ain neva lied
 8 years ago '05        #39
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,723 | Props total: 2169 2169
this is real spit right here...
 8 years ago '06        #40
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,967 | Props total: 3475 3475
 Scan said:
I think I've uncovered Jay-Z's genius marketing plan for his up and coming Roc Nation artist, J. Cole that will propel him to levels never before seen in hip hop.

Jay has been preparing this since 2008...here it goes...

The marketing plan is Drake.

Plain and simple, Drake is hot. I knew he was hot for a very, very long time...when his idol was Phonte of Little Brother and he was making more...or less commercial friendly music and more hip hop..almost backpacker, music.

When I first saw the download for his song "Ransom" with Wayne, I thought it was some type of bulls**t blend, but I got it because I wanted pretty much every Drake record...turned out to be the first song of I heard of the Young Money Drake. The Weezy co-sign was probably the strongest co-sign any rapper could get in 2008, let's keep it real.

After that, his buzz grew..ppl were talking about him..."who is this dude" ...his name started getting up there and then So Far Gone came out. Buzz went through the roof, but it wasn't that next level...

Then they started playing songs from a mixtape on the radio from an artist with no deal, no stain, and not even from America...

Then Best I Ever Had became a top 2 single....then the features on other songs and all that s**t.

That sent his buzz to the next level...then it peaked...then the natural steady hate comes...even with him dropping hot s**t still...

But now Over has come out and it is a resounding disappointment to a lot of people...including me...a lot of us have high hopes for the man who was being praised throughout last year as the next face on hip hop's Mount Rushmore....but the lackluster single caught a lot of people off guard and now some fear the Thank Me Later will be a disappointment.

But is this all set up? On some State Property 2 Biggis El Plaqua s**t...for J. Cole to do what people will say Drake couldn't?

I believe Jay told Wayne about Drake, and told him to take him under his wing knowing that the world is listening when Wayne is speaking. They all are in on the plan to make J. Cole the new face of hip hop...

Drake has history in acting...he sometimes has a weird vibe in his interviews..he switches up his personality for diff things..peep a cnn/abc interview then peep a mag interview...

Recently his confidence has been tooken as arrogance...he's playing the role of top dog in the new school without officially cementing that status....Cole is the "Nas" without the constant L's...the underdog

THIS IS THE PLAN TO PROPEL J. COLE...

Let everyone watch Drake's fast a.ss meteoric rise lead to a crash and burn...then watch J. Cole's buzz bubble into the real thing...j. Cole will have thus saved the game like Drake was supposed to.

And Jay will be behind every step it takes...

[pic - click to view]

Scan said:
ILLUMINATI

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
86 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
295 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
23 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
LIL FLIP shows $1,000,000 worth of JEWELRY!!!!!!
89 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
40 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
69 comments
23 hours ago