Kobe has bron and wade, who did jordan have?

most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
136 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
113 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
55 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #121
dre03 
space
space
$10,171 | Props total: 2452 2452
 Kziatic said:
How come you can list sf's to prove your but its not ok to list PG's?
Thats what i was saying... I thought we were listing perimeter players... But modalee proves time and time again that he is a hypocrite
 8 years ago '04        #122
dre03 
space
space
 modalee81 said:
If you were Jordan would you rather have to play against an athletic yet larger SF or a smaller athletic point guard in which you can post up all day long especially without zone defense being allowed? its very simple for anyone that has basketball knowledge that players with length and size along with athleticism are much harder to defend.
With your dumbass logic Lebron is undoubtedly the best defender in the league since he is the most athletic with size...

Wade cant be a good defender cuz he is only 6'4 the same size as Gary Payton (a PG u attempted to clown me over for naming as a perimeter player)... And Kevin Durant causes every perimeter player problems cuz he is so long and athletic...

But seeing how your logic is retarded none of that is true... Lebron is not the best perimeter defender, Wade is a good defender and Durant with all the length and athleticism in the world is a subpar defender...

Defense takes hustle and determination not athleticism... Athleticism is only an addition... It is nothing without hustle and determination....
 8 years ago '04        #123
Kziatic 12 heat pts12
space
space
$1,793 | Props total: 442 442
 modalee81 said:
If you were Jordan would you rather have to play against an athletic yet larger SF or a smaller athletic point guard in which you can post up all day long especially without zone defense being allowed? its very simple for anyone that has basketball knowledge that players with length and size along with athleticism are much harder to defend.
Thats right i almost forgot because you long a skinny makes you a great defender. So if had a choose of lets say westbrook or durrant covering mike you'd take durrant cause he's longer?
 8 years ago '05        #124
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,884 | Props total: 8408 8408
 Gattsau said:
hall of famers playing right now from the top of my head
kidd, kg, ray allen, dirk, lebron, kobe, wade, duncan, shaq, melo..

durant dwight will defintely be if they stay healthy.

cant think of any other no doubters
maybe iverson?
 8 years ago '04        #125
Kziatic 12 heat pts12
space
space
$1,793 | Props total: 442 442
 dre03 said:
Thats what i was saying... I thought we were listing perimeter players... But modalee proves time and time again that he is a hypocrite
lol no im on your side, but every time he writes its a text of non sense
 8 years ago '07        #126
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,846 | Props total: 4830 4830
 antdog said:
there is still lebron, tmac in his prime, allen in his prime, vince when he was worth a damn. My point is Jordan did not have that much comp at the 2/3 positions in the 90's, if kobe and all these dudes were in the 90's mike would def have a harder time defending his best in the league status and there still is a good chance he would be recognized as the best in the game, but it would not be like how it was when dude was on another level nobody could touch. Nobody said Kobe was better than Jordan or any crazy s**t like that, all i said was Kobe mos def faced more comp as a guard. Jordan fanboys are worse than Kobe fanboys,all defensive and s**t when kobe gets mentioned. Go re-watch the 93 finals or somethn n*gga
uve been called idiot enuff.i want to find a new word

if u had a clue about ball in tha 90's,teams wasnt 1 man shows like they are now,and in jordans era it was strait man to man.jordan is from tha handcheck,faceguard era.these girl scouts in tha league today make me sick.u cant even sneeze on wade or lebron,a hard foul is 1 shots plus tha ball,a clear lane is 2 shots plus ball.s**t is all about offense.

wade an lebron may be betta individual talents than most guards out that era but guards back then didnt have glarin holes in they games,an teams as a whole were much tougher.guys like nick anderson,mitch richmond,jeff hornacek,craig ehlo,hersey hawkins,kenny smith,jamal mashburn,vinnie johnson,eddie jones,jim jackson,nick van excel,ron harper,reggie lewis,drazen petrovic etc etc would dominate these sissys of today. and majority of those guys were role players.

as far as superstars it aint even close. back in those days stars actually guarded stars.wasnt none of this jamario moon guardin dwayne wade s**t that goes on today
 8 years ago '07        #127
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,846 | Props total: 4830 4830
 Gattsau said:
hall of famers playing right now from the top of my head
kidd, kg, ray allen, dirk, lebron, kobe, wade, duncan, shaq, melo..

durant dwight will defintely be if they stay healthy.

cant think of any other no doubters
based on what would melo,dwight an durant be hof?i see cp3 makin it b4 these guys
 8 years ago '06        #128
ginobili 20|m 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$11,205 | Props total: 602 602
i would love to know, how bron and wade are considered rivals, being neither has played against kobe in a game of any importance yet

the whole idea of naming off radom players from thier era, doesn't make any sense either
 8 years ago '06        #129
tdub-zr0 139 heat pts139
space
space
$26,909 | Props total: 14790 14790
Seriously, man these threads are just f**king ridiculous and seem like a daily occurrence. Using revisionist history to discredit a man who is largely regarded as the greatest basketball player of all time is just pathetic.

During Jordan's era, which wasn't hampered by ticky-tac rules that benefited superstars and actually allowed for tough, physical play, he competed and excelled against many players that inhabit the much heralded, "50 Greatest Players of All Time" list. To discredit the importance of these players in order to benefit your guy only shows that you don't know a damn thing about the game and only serve to perpetuate idiotic thoughts.

This era does have great players, theres no denying that but we have to respect those great players who paved the way for them and have allowed them to benefit in the league today. And this post isn't directed towards everyone, just those who have the idiotic ideals I listed above.
 8 years ago '04        #130
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,831 | Props total: 2 2
He had Drexler
 8 years ago '04        #131
rasheedwallace 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,340 | Props total: 11258 11258

[pic - click to view]

but on the real clyde the glide
 8 years ago '06        #132
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,791 | Props total: 2321 2321
Joe Dumars was the size of a point guard he would get trampled by above average SGs today Jordan stans think that a 6'2 190lbs Dumars is comparable to a 6'8 260lbs Lebron James or a 6'7 260lbs Ron Artests. s**t the best perimeter defender in Jordans era played on his team but Jordan stans keep on making these 6'2 guards like Starks and Dumars seem like mythical defenders that could transcend any era of basketball
 8 years ago '04        #133
dre03 
space
space
 modalee81 said:
Joe Dumars was the size of a point guard he would get trampled by above average SGs today Jordan stans think that a 6'2 190lbs Dumars is comparable to a 6'8 260lbs Lebron James or a 6'7 260lbs Ron Artests. s**t the best perimeter defender in Jordans era played on his team but Jordan stans keep on making these 6'2 guards like Starks and Dumars seem like mythical defenders that could transcend any era of basketball
Dude just stfu... dont try and act like u were calling Dumars a PG cuz of his size... ur clearly the dumbass i pointed you out to be plenty of times before...

Its clear u didnt watch basketball before 2000 we know this my problem is dont post about s**t u know nothing about... Kobe plays against Lebron James twice a year never played against him in the playoffs... So obviously a LEbron James is not the reason Kobe didnt succeed like Jordan...

U post sizes like that actually mean something... The two best defenders in Kobe's era being Battier and Bowen are non athletic old school type defenders in the size of all the players i named just now...

Derrick Mckey 6'9 215lbs -
Bobby Phills - 6'5 210lbs
Eddie Jones - 6'6 190lbs
Nate McMillan - 6'5 195lbs
Latrell Sprewell - 6'5 190lbs
Dan Majerle - 6'6 215lbs
Rodney McCray - 6'7 220lbs
Michael Cooper 6'5 170lbs
Paul Pressey 6'5 185lbs
Cedric Ceballos 6'6 190lbs
Xavier Mcdaniel 6'7 205lbs
Reggie Miller 6'7 185lbs
Doug Christie 6'6 200lbs

All but 3 were all-team NBA defenders some of which Jordan played grueling series against in the playoffs... Especially Derrick Mckey that long muthaf**ka always covered Jordan and it didnt make a difference... Even at 40 Shawn Marion a premier defender in Kobe's era couldnt stop Jordan...

Teams use to have players put in specifically to foul Jordan hard... Thats it... Play tough defense and when he drives aim to hurt... And kobe has it so much easier in the paint... He didnt have to deal with Hakeem's, Rodmans, Robinson's, Laimbeer's , Mahorn, Eaton's, Ewings... The league was no longer intimidating... Now what excuse do u have u uneducated piece of s**t?

Last edited by dre03; 03-12-2010 at 07:02 PM..
 03-12-2010, 07:06 PM         #134
Hurricane24  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you guys are still arguing over here?
 8 years ago '08        #135
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,733 | Props total: 11628 11628
Pretty sure Jordan dropped 51 at the age of 40 against the "superb 6'7 athletes" in the NBA today
 8 years ago '07        #136
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6147 6147
penny
 8 years ago '05        #137
HeGotBeatz 6 heat pts
space
space
$2,342 | Props total: 557 557
if your trying to compare kobe to jordan then at the end of the day, if it wasnt for jordan, kobes game wouldnt be what it is today.
 8 years ago '05        #138
lamarowns 
space
space
$1,973 | Props total: 636 636
the goat shuldnt ever b compared 2 copies of himself
 8 years ago '04        #139
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,346 | Props total: 2774 2774
WTF.....

jordan never had played againt a player that is Bron, wade, t-mac level....LMAO

When jordan first came in the league he had to go up against Magic and Bird...during his prime there was Grant Hill, Penny, Clyde Drexler(one of the greatest shooting guard ever), Dominque. Really has anybody watch basketball before kobe came in the league. not only that, there was more than 2 great center in his era which mean that it was alot harder to attack the paint.

Last edited by VictoryThagr8; 03-12-2010 at 10:59 PM..
 8 years ago '09        #140
Lupe Hunter 77 heat pts77
space
space
$15,519 | Props total: 5708 5708
Penny and Grant Hill use to s**t on Jordan and Pippen
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
95 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
164 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
93 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy