Charles Barkley: Kobe not in conversation with Jordan

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
78 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
79 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
39 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
67 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What do you think?
Charles is a knuckle head 35 38.89%
This turns into a Lebron/Kobe thread 55 61.11%
Voters: 90. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '08        #141
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,728 | Props total: 11620 11620
 wheezyfbaby said:
I hear what you are saying but rather it's skill or luck what was the point of him making it a priority to put a disclaimer on some of Kobe's game winners? He doesn't do this for all players. Plus everybody keeps showing 1 game winner out of 25+ like that validates his claim of "some". Does 1 shot equal some shots now.
Obviously him hitting game winner after game winner take skill im not knocking Kobe for hitting the shots i respect what he does...But all he's sayin is some of the shots he had were lucky case in point the Miami one...And Kobe has had more then just that 1

[video - click to view]

Now you tell me that 1st one wasnt luck
 03-11-2010, 06:51 PM         #142
antdog  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
only thing that n*gga said that was correct was kobe isn't and never will be MJ. All that other s**t he spwein is bull and he sound salty
 8 years ago '04        #143
wheezyfbaby 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,410 | Props total: 29 29
 Rico23 said:
that he's not in the same convo what the f**k? i'm not even gonna sit here because u and the rest of the kobe brigade have been at this thread since i got off my 3rd shift job...the only thing i disagree with is this luck bulls**t... i think barkley says a lot of true s**t but i hate when he says kobe's game winners are luck not skill....my thing is how can several regular season GW's make u better than Jordan
Do you know what the question was Dan asked Chuck? Because the article's title and the article itself is misquoted based upon the audio interview from the Dan Patrick Show, which aired today.
 8 years ago '04        #144
wheezyfbaby 9 heat pts
space
space
 Main Event said:
Obviously him hitting game winner after game winner take skill im not knocking Kobe for hitting the shots i respect what he does...But all he's sayin is some of the shots he had were lucky case in point the Miami one...And Kobe has had more then just that 1

Now you tell me that 1st one wasnt luck
What's lucky about the first shot? I'm serious. Is it because he's off balance?
 8 years ago '08        #145
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,728 | Props total: 11620 11620
 wheezyfbaby said:
What's lucky about the first shot? I'm serious. Is it because he's off balance?
That n*gga just chucked it up there and it happened to go in thats why the announcer even sounded suprised compared to now where its just like "Neh Kobe hit another one"...That was a prayer that the big guy answered
 8 years ago '04        #146
wheezyfbaby 9 heat pts
space
space
 Main Event said:
That n*gga just chucked it up there and it happened to go in thats why the announcer even sounded suprised compared to now where its just like "Neh Kobe hit another one"...That was a prayer that the big guy answered
OK. I give you Miami but that Portland shot was an uncontested off balance fadeaway 3. He has a clean look and follows through even as he hits the ground. That announcer, Paul Sunderland (he took over for the late Chick Hearn back in 03) is going crazy because he wasn't used to seeing this stuff in person, but Stu Lantz wasn't hyped for it. We have to disagree on this one. Paul even goes crazy for the 2nd 3 to win the game and Stu is still calm because he's seen it before and expects it.

Last edited by wheezyfbaby; 03-11-2010 at 07:18 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #147
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,477 | Props total: 6081 6081
he's right.....

and what chuck also meant to say is

first of all...first...first of all.........lebron......lebron jame.......lebron jame.....is da best playa.......in d nba
 8 years ago '04        #148
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
 dre03 said:
They were all past their prime... Your going off reputation...

The year after the Bulls last championship Rodman played 35 games total for the rest of his career... He wins a ring and all of a sudden he goes to another team and he is too old to contend... The very next year u kidding me

Scottie showed how good he still was playing 40 minutes with the Rockets and averaging a measley 14 points on a career low 43% shooting

Ron Haper was only out there for size and defense... He only played 100 games after the Bulls final year and very little production from him aside from his defense

Kukoc was good but only in that system he wasnt as productive everywhere else... The whole point is on a team with Jordan once Jordan learned to trust his teammates his entire team instantly became better than they really were... U cant ignore the fact that 90% of that team sucked balls after Jordan...
the best thing about their team was they all had a role to play, everybody di their job & nothing more

kinda like the 6ers team wit AI, them guys never did s**t their whole careers, well except mutumbo...aaron mckie??? eric snow?? tyrone hill? george lynch tod mccullough(however u spell it)

guys just had roles & did it thats what made them successful, its whats the bulls did with rodman kerr kukoc etc...nobody tried to do too much...thats when they were great but they go elsewhere & start playing differently, they didnt stick to their strengths like they were asked to do with chicago

u need 1-2 perimeter defenders, spot shooters, mid range guys that can defend the post on the other end, a guy that is a presence down bottom with blocks & s**t, & u need a slasher that can also play the passing lanes
 03-11-2010, 08:19 PM         #149
k3llz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
he's right.....

and what chuck also meant to say is
if Kobe was with the Magic last year ya'll would have won the ring last year
 8 years ago '07        #150
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,477 | Props total: 6081 6081
 braided_uppimp said:
if Kobe was with the Magic last year ya'll would have won the ring last year
what an irrelevant post. and NO
 03-11-2010, 08:42 PM         #151
malikmoore9  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
U dumbass thats cuz Kobe been in more close games than Jordan... This year alone he has been in like 10+ situations where the game came down to him... Of course if he had more chances to win the game he will have more... How bout you find out how many he has missed compared to Jordan
Its finally official ni**as on BX done lost they mind Jordan started in this league since day one Kobe didnt even start for the lakers until five years after being drafted. From what your saying Jordans teams were always winning by twenty so there was no need for a game winner. Get the F*ck out of here> I understand that Jordan is still the GOAT but as of this year and records we can add clutch performances to Kobe's short list of things that he is better than Jordan at along with shooting range.
Jason Kidd has more 3 pointers made then Kobe i guess that means Jason Kidd is a better 3pt shooter than Kobe then right... Hell that would make him the 5th best 3pt shooter all time... Since he has more that has to be what that means right...
and this is your logic for hating on Kobe can he not be better than Jordan at a few aspects of the game.
 03-11-2010, 08:44 PM         #152
malikmoore9  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and why do yall skip a team Pippen did lead the trailblazers back to the playoffs. The rockets were a last attempt at greatness
 03-11-2010, 08:49 PM         #153
malikmoore9  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Come to speak of players that left Jordan who didnt do anything name all the players that left the Lakers and became instant stars. If Odom was to leave he would go somewhere start and be a half a.ss baller on another team. If bynum left he would have no mentor and would be double teamed into insanity. Gasol is the only star who could produce elsewhere. everyone else is a bench rider. Oh I forgot Ron since we added him this year. He has proven that he cant be the man he has to be second fiddle to be great if not he will shoot you right out of winning.
 03-11-2010, 08:55 PM         #154
k3llz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
what an irrelevant post. and NO
you don't think if Kobe was on the Magic last season, ya'll wouldn't going win it all??

f**koutmyfaceliln*gga

8 years ago '09        #155
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,408 | Props total: 12343 12343
I'm not a Lakers fan but even I know from reading this s**t most days that dre dont know what the hell he is talking about 83% of the time.

s**t, if you know the game and watch this s**t, then you know what Barkley said is just typical Barkley speak and shouldn't be taken seriously. He is just for entertainment purposes only.

That s**t got a lot of n*ggas in here bent out of shape and everythang. Why does Kobe have n*ggas so mad?
I guess when Kobe leaves the game and they start comparing LeBron to Mike you n*ggas gonna stop loving Bron and start finding ways to hate on him too huh?
 8 years ago '04        #156
bigtrevdogg 
space
space
$1,961 | Props total: 352 352
 braided_uppimp said:
just old heads riding for old heads

it's no difference between Jordan and Kobe, just different eras

that's about it
it's a big difference. kobe just doesn't have that k!ller instinct as jordan...imo.
 8 years ago '05        #157
MadGam325 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,218 | Props total: 2 2
 fmoney88 said:
Barkley speaks the truth, Yes kobe is good, but he is not close to Jordan in any way, People forget how good jordan was, Jordan was unreal on the court, Kobe is guardable and can be shut down. Jordan made the nba defense change

cmon dude.
Posted via Mobile Device
 03-12-2010, 12:15 AM         #158
malikmoore9  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Kobe is guardable and can be shut down
If Kobe was guardable he wouldnt have 81 points in regualtion not in a league where the zone is implemented and you can triple team a player. GTFOH
 8 years ago '08        #159
sasuke-sama313 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,731 | Props total: 64 64
 TheG1ftedOne said:
"Barkley said that Bryant's Lakers wouldn't have a chance against the great Bulls teams."

So whats this saying.

Jordans team was better?
the sad part is that the bulls are better 4 reasons u don't understand
 8 years ago '09        #160
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,408 | Props total: 12343 12343
I will agree with one thing Barkley said. The Lakers now wouldn't stand a chance against the second 3 peat Bulls. Those teams are mentally and just flat out tougher than the Lakers. If the Lakers struggled with Houston Rockets last year who was punking them and the Celts in 08 then Mike, Scottie, Rodman and the gang would have had them shook and beat 4-1 at best
Home      

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
83 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
43 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
20 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
68 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
53 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
37 comments
2 days ago