Charles Barkley: Kobe not in conversation with Jordan

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
119 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
62 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
102 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What do you think?
Charles is a knuckle head 35 38.89%
This turns into a Lebron/Kobe thread 55 61.11%
Voters: 90. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #61
6thward 
space
space
$641 | Props total: 2 2
 smj_724 said:
I hope that was a joke
In all seriousness that had to be.
 03-11-2010, 02:52 PM         #62
Rynoh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Gumb0 said:
Look at the players he sitting next to, other than gasol thats some pretty bad players. Newble Mihm Vlad rad, and that boston team was mad stacked

Jordan is the GOAT but did he ever have to play against a team with 3 hall of famers

People always bring up Kobe losing in the finals but so did Magic, Bird, Malone, Shaq, Lebron, Barkley, Stockton, Kidd, Payton, Ewing, and many more
This is good company. :)
 8 years ago '06        #63
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
 WilliamHBonnie said:
Those are both luck, one is more extreme than the other.

IMO ANYONE that shoots a GW buzzer beater while fading to the side and banks it in got lucky. How come Kobe doesn't shoot all his 3s as bank shots than?
Scenarios aside...That shot, or any of his other game winners this season, make or miss, weren't prayers. If he hit 3 one armed heaves from the other end of the court then you'd have something. A bank shot from the top of the key imo doesn't compare. Even if it was, that's only one shot. What about the other 5 or 6? Sir Taco said some.
 8 years ago '07        #64
smj_724 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,474 | Props total: 710 710
all I'm gonna say is if lebron hit that same bank shot against the heat or any other player for that matter you guys would have no problem calling it lucky. Just like you guys was saying lebrons shot against the magic was lucky. I don't get why kobe fans have to make excuses or come up with some bulls**t logic with everything he does.
 8 years ago '06        #65
6thward 
space
space
$641 | Props total: 2 2
 Gumb0 said:
Look at the players he sitting next to, other than gasol thats some pretty bad players. Newble Mihm Vlad rad, and that boston team was mad stacked

Jordan is the GOAT but did he ever have to play against a team with 3 hall of famers

People always bring up Kobe losing in the finals but so did Magic, Bird, Malone, Shaq, Lebron, Barkley, Stockton, Kidd, Payton, Ewing, and many more
But thats basically the same team that won the Championship last year
 8 years ago '04        #66
wheezyfbaby 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,410 | Props total: 29 29
TVee, Main and who ever else I will concede the Miami shot has some luck to it but there was also skill involved in making the play/shot happen.
 8 years ago '06        #67
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
$31,366 | Props total: 5627 5627
 P. Dedos said:
no s**t

telll us something i dont knoooooooooooooooooooooooow

can't say it any better.

free max b.
 03-11-2010, 02:58 PM         #68
Rynoh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hood135 said:
Scenarios aside...That shot, or any of his other game winners this season, make or miss, weren't prayers. If he hit 3 one armed heaves from the other end of the court then you'd have something. A bank shot from the top of the key imo doesn't compare. Even if it was, that's only one shot. What about the other 5 or 6? Sir Taco said some.
Full court heave are more like Hail Mary's in football... prayers are Brett Favre passes throwing it 45 yards in the corner of the endzone no matter who's there... that's basically what Kobe did. We simply have two different ideas as to what luck is... to each their own, even thuogh Kobe himself said it was luck.

That's the only Kobe prayer shot I can think of by the way... you mean he has more?

Last edited by Rynoh; 03-11-2010 at 03:03 PM..
 03-11-2010, 03:09 PM         #69
A K G  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Main Event said:
He didn't.. And I don't even think that's an argument. The 08 Celtics are better than any team Jordan ever had to face in a playoff series.

Anyways, they should really wait until the book closes on Kobe's career before they try to make comparisons with anyone. Dude is far from done.
 8 years ago '05        #70
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
 WilliamHBonnie said:
Full court heave are more like Hail Mary's in football... prayers are Brett Favre passes throwing it 45 yards in the corner of the endzone no matter who's there... that's basically what Kobe did. We simply have two different ideas as to what luck is... to each their own, even thuogh Kobe himself said it was luck.

That's the only Kobe prayer shot I can think of by the way... you mean he has more?
man that s**t was luck...he didnt intend on banking that s**t...fortunately it went in...s**t was luck
 8 years ago '04        #71
dre03 
space
space
$10,168 | Props total: 2448 2448
 hood135 said:

Changes the whole dynamic of this discussion. Phil seems to think so and he's the greatest coach of all time who coached them both. I'll take his word over Sir Taco any day.
Phil never ever said Kobe was better than Jordan... He said more talented which alot of players were more talented than Jordan... That doesnt mean better...

He also said Jordan made everything easier out on the court... He always found a way to get what he wanted and get easier shots... Its funny how u guys seem to ignore parts of the conversation...
 03-11-2010, 03:10 PM         #72
Rynoh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thatruest said:
Who the f**k cares?, Jordan's time has come and gone. Kobe's playing right now. These comparisons are useless. In the end, it's only opinion, never a fact. SMH @ n*ggas that hate on others n*ggas. Could you beat him @ ballin'?
True, I'm just saying Kobe's not as good as Jordan IMO... that's all... and the one shot against the Heat was luck.

I'm only comparing because people seem to think otherwise and it's ridiculous.
 8 years ago '06        #73
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
 smj_724 said:
all I'm gonna say is if lebron hit that same bank shot against the heat or any other player for that matter you guys would have no problem calling it lucky. Just like you guys was saying lebrons shot against the magic was lucky. I don't get why kobe fans have to make excuses or come up with some bulls**t logic with everything he does.
You guys a.ssume waaay too much. Ima start demanding proof because I swear some of yall be pulling s**t out the air.
 8 years ago '04        #74
dre03 
space
space
 hood135 said:
Ever heard of being modest. It didn't look like he was throwing up a pray to me. Those are what you call lucky shots. Post a pray and we can talk.

And no because you're talking about one shot, that could have been lucky. Sir Bacon said some which indicates that he gets lucky on more than one occasion. I don't think that's true so my "what's the basis of that comment" senses kick in.
So how do you know every comment or interview you hear people arent being modest??? Where do you draw the line or distinguish between the two???

The man himself says the shot was luck and he didnt say it about any of his other game winners
 8 years ago '04        #75
dre03 
space
space
 Main Event said:
I give up
 8 years ago '06        #76
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
 dre03 said:
Phil never ever said Kobe was better than Jordan... He said more talented which alot of players were more talented than Jordan... That doesnt mean better...

He also said Jordan made everything easier out on the court... He always found a way to get what he wanted and get easier shots... Its funny how u guys seem to ignore parts of the conversation...
I said this dip s**t....

I made that comment because you said Kobe was a "poor man's Jordan". Phil has never said who's better. He just says that they excel better than one another in different areas. He would smack you because Kobe isn't a poor mans anything.

[video - click to view]

I swear you n*ggas just like making up s**t and arguing with yourselves.
 8 years ago '06        #77
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
 dre03 said:
So how do you know every comment or interview you hear people arent being modest??? Where do you draw the line or distinguish between the two???

The man himself says the shot was luck and he didnt say it about any of his other game winners

Okay the Miami shot was luck (not imo). Thats one lucky shot. Charles said that Kobe hit "SOME" lucky game winners. One doesn't classify as "SOME". Back to my original issue...Why would Chuck say that after knowing that Kobe is a great crunch time shooter?

And I pose you the same question....How do you know every comment or interview you hear people are being modest?
 03-11-2010, 03:29 PM         #78
hurricanegamePZ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
silly b**ch barkley..dude is an idiot....

luck is when preparation meets opportunity..simple as that

there is no such thing as this 'luck' word u b**ch n*ggaz believe in
 03-11-2010, 03:39 PM         #79
antdog  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thatruest said:
This hate on Kobe, LeBron is just getting out of hand. Dudes ball, period. Championships are determined by teams. Allen Iverson is the one player that I can say honestly took a team by himself to the Finals. Even won one game. Now that's wild. Jordan had a sick team. Bryant has a good team. Jordan didn't win without Pippen, Jordan went to play baseball and Chicago went to Game 7 in the Eastern Conference Finals against Indiana. Kobe gets hurt and misses 5 games, Lakers go 4-1. There is always an argument. They are all nasty, leave it at that. Barkley is a laughing stock. f**k a Snorlax.
why do n*ggas always say the ECF when it was only game 7 second round, that's a big a.ss difference, I see that s**t on every board when talkin bout that team.
 03-11-2010, 03:55 PM         #80
Silver N Black  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 A K G said:
He didn't.. And I don't even think that's an argument. The 08 Celtics are better than any team Jordan ever had to face in a playoff series.

Anyways, they should really wait until the book closes on Kobe's career before they try to make comparisons with anyone. Dude is far from done.
so Atlanta (took Boston to 7) was a better team than anything Jordan ever faced? Cleveland (also took them to 7)?
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
75 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Final Bright Trailer: Will Smith Gets a Magic Wand
17 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy