playing your ipod in your car with no aux or casette player

most viewed right now
Video inside Drake - talk is cheap feat aaliyah (leaked) fire!!!!
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jim Jones Responds To Cam'ron: You A F*ck Boy With No Honor
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Warriors Coach Steve Kerr admits to smoking marijuana in the past year
53 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I imagine these being the best b0obs, ever
42 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #1
67374 pageviews
21 comments

infamxus 12 heat pts12
space
space
$5,392 | Props total: 2 2
playing your ipod in your car with no aux or casette player

was usin the cassette player method until i got a car with no tape player or aux-in. is there somethin out there i can buy for cheap (not fm transmitter/modulators cause of the static) like something i can hook up to the power outlet and play off thatimage

21 comments for "playing your ipod in your car with no aux or casette player"

7 years ago '06        #2
"SS" 23 heat pts23
space
space
$9,782 | Props total: 2826 2826
nope

fm modulator would be your only option

there are some good ones out there that have minimal static
 7 years ago '05        #3
renagade281 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,149 | Props total: 0 0
 Ex The God said:
Just get a cd player with AUX. Only option really.
this or nothin...they come pretty much standard on newer cd player now days..and u can get wgood ones for cheap prices
 03-11-2010, 10:12 AM         #4
ILLMATIC_RIDAH 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
f**k AUX buy a deck with a direct ipod cable that runs in your glove box...that is the only way to enjoy your ipod IMO without static and distortion...you can buy one for less than 100 bucks
 03-11-2010, 10:17 AM         #5
Thee504Legend 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ILLMATIC_RIDAH said:
f**k AUX buy a deck with a direct ipod cable that runs in your glove box...that is the only way to enjoy your ipod IMO without static and distortion...you can buy one for less than 100 bucks
I never heard of this. So it's an aftermarket CD player w/t a direct ipod cable? What the diff b/w that and a AUX connection?
 7 years ago '05        #6
pnoi89 9 heat pts
space
space
$10,026 | Props total: 1890 1890
 Thee504Legend said:
I never heard of this. So it's an aftermarket CD player w/t a direct ipod cable? What the diff b/w that and a AUX connection?
from what my friend's deck is capable of, he just connects his ipod and keeps it in his glove box and controls everything on his ipod on his deck.
 03-11-2010, 10:32 AM         #7
Thee504Legend 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pnoi89 said:
from what my friend's deck is capable of, he just connects his ipod and keeps it in his glove box and controls everything on his ipod on his deck.
Damn and they're really only $100???
 7 years ago '06        #8
D.O.H. 
space
space
$4,888 | Props total: 432 432
just buy a cd player with usb or aux, got my gf one for like 125
 7 years ago '06        #9
realgunta 692 heat pts692
space
space
$16,857 | Props total: 4292 4292
i had an ipod adapter that would stream the signal through RF and then play through the radio.

but my current car has an AUX so i no longer have to use that RF thingy
 7 years ago '04        #10
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,189 | Props total: 659 659
 ThyInfamousOne said:
was usin the cassette player method until i got a car with no tape player or aux-in. is there somethin out there i can buy for cheap (not fm transmitter/modulators cause of the static) like something i can hook up to the power outlet and play off that
How is the song going to magically play through the speakers with no cord or fm transmitter?
 7 years ago '06        #11
"SS" 23 heat pts23
space
space
$9,782 | Props total: 2826 2826
 bran007don said:
if you go to walmart in electronics section they have a device where you can plug into your lighter and you can listen to your ipod through the radio...its some weird s**t. you change the station to whats on the cord you bought and your ipod seems to play through the radio..you have to find the right radio station that doesn't have much broadcast but its simple the cord does everything

similar to this

thats a fm modulator what he said he didnt want
 7 years ago '04        #12
$tr3tch 
space
space
$4,260 | Props total: 0 0
 hockeythug said:
How is the song going to magically play through the speakers with no cord or fm transmitter?
i had that like 5 years ago. theres a wire (if i remember correctly) from the tape to your ipod
 7 years ago '09        #13
Gonzilla 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,485 | Props total: 51 51
Im about to cop a new stereo for my truck because of this exact reason.

Was looking at this nice JVC joint with HD Radio, AUX Port, and USB Port for around $200 installed with warranty. But I dunno yet, it's pretty dull in the looks department... so im still shopping around.

What's up with that deck that goes in your glove box though? Never heard of this.
 7 years ago '04        #14
deneye 
space
space
$1,437 | Props total: 17 17
 pnoi89 said:
yep that is what i have, its way better than having cords coming out from every direction
 7 years ago '06        #15
layzie8171 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,332 | Props total: 55 55
 deneye said:
yep that is what i have, its way better than having cords coming out from every direction
where u get them (bestbuy or something?) and what they called so i can look em up
 7 years ago '04        #16
pbody13 
space
space
space
$82 | Props total: 0 0
Depending on your car, some factory radios that have connections in the back for a factory cd changer, and you can buy an adapter that tricks your stereo into thinking your ipod is the cd changer. Sometimes you can control it from your factory radio too but again it all depends on the type of car you have, and factory stereo. Buying a new deck is the best option plus you will get better sound. But without buying a deck I would get a WIRED modulator if your factory stereo doesnt support the ipod adapter option.

check this site and you can see if your factory stereo is supported.
 7 years ago '04        #17
deneye 
space
space
$1,437 | Props total: 17 17
 layzie8171 said:
where u get them (bestbuy or something?) and what they called so i can look em up
yeah i got it from bestbuy had a little gift card..i have a pioneer deck too, the ipod kit is suppose to go with the pioneer deck...and i don't remeber the name man, but it would be in the car section, not the audio section where the ipod accessories are.
 7 years ago '04        #18
badboy600 14 heat pts14
space
space
$5,040 | Props total: 698 698
Alpine's made for ipod decks are the best ipod car integration options.
 7 years ago '09        #19
Gonzilla 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,485 | Props total: 51 51
@ The people saying the have in-car decks. I thought y'all meant that you hook up the deck to your STOCK stereo, not that you had an aftermarket stereo WITH and deck.
 7 years ago '07        #20
THEprophecy 
space
space
space
$339 | Props total: 0 0
depends on the car that you have. If its a newer car and it still doesnt have an AUX you can get whats called an Isimple. I have one in my car, and it basically plays to perfection. It plugs into the bottom of your ipod, and it plays through the speakers with great quality. None of that through the radio bulls**t.

Heres a link, their actually really easy to install. I drive an 05 Acura TSX, and it literally took me about 10 mins to install myself.

you can get them at bestbuy for about 140 bucks.
Home      

most viewed right now
CAM'RON explains y he dont rock with that dirtbag JIM JONES anymore. Speaks on..
178 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 1 - woman knocked unconscious in Kroger baking aisle for asking ho..
116 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Chef Sharpens $1 Knife Making It As Good As A $1000 Knife
53 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 GS “Red Velvet” Official Images
19 comments
21 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Alleged 72 hour Final Fantasy XV battle actually takes 50 minutes
49 comments
24 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside I Watched The Funniest Standup Special Since Dave Chappelle's Killing E..
189 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Was Born Ready. I'm Sure you can Guess What for
151 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
J.Cole dissing Kanye on new song "False Prophets"
338 comments
19 hours ago