how should i wire my amp to my subs

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
28 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
85 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 8 years ago '05        #21
kodak314 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,841 | Props total: 144 144
shouldnt be using bass boost.

no, you will never damage a sub getting it to low of power!! people blow subs with less power, is becuase they max out the gains, bass boost, trying to get it louder which in return clips the signal to the sub. creates more heat which then damages the sub
 8 years ago '05        #22
mtownrepa 1 heat pts OP
space
space
$317 | Props total: 0 0
 kodak314 said:
shouldnt be using bass boost.

no, you will never damage a sub getting it to low of power!! people blow subs with less power, is becuase they max out the gains, bass boost, trying to get it louder which in return clips the signal to the sub. creates more heat which then damages the sub
sorry for all the questions i really appreciate your help. so i should just turn the bass boost all the way down which is number 3 on the amp manual? and also it says that the fuse that goes in the amp is a 35a would it be ok if i put a 40a fuse in there? Also should I set my gain first or set everything else first and then the gain?

Last edited by mtownrepa; 03-18-2010 at 01:19 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #23
kodak314 2 heat pts
space
space
yes off.

it might be fine with a 40a but i wouldnt do it because theres a reason it has a 35a to start with. just stick with the manufactures spec

you set everything first
 8 years ago '05        #24
mtownrepa 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 kodak314 said:
yes off.

it might be fine with a 40a but i wouldnt do it because theres a reason it has a 35a to start with. just stick with the manufactures spec

you set everything first
when im setting my gain for my amp should i have my headunit bass and treble set to what i want it or have everything on the headunit set to 0 and after i set my gain turn it up? also does the bass and treble on the headunit do anything for the subs or just my interior speakers?

i bought 2 dual 2ohm subs how would i wire them to put out 4ohms bridged? or would u recommend wirring them a differnt way?

Last edited by mtownrepa; 03-18-2010 at 11:23 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #25
kodak314 2 heat pts
space
space
 mtownrepa said:
when im setting my gain for my amp should i have my headunit bass and treble set to what i want it or have everything on the headunit set to 0 and after i set my gain turn it up? also does the bass and treble on the headunit do anything for the subs or just my interior speakers?

i bought 2 dual 2ohm subs how would i wire them to put out 4ohms bridged? or would u recommend wirring them a differnt way?
i have all my settings at 0, but people like to set there settings to there liking. all b4 you set your gains. when you set the gains, you pretty much sayin this is the max i want it to go. if you set your gains then set your settings you will be clipping the signal.

yes the bass on the hu will boost the signal at the subs.

why did you buy 2 dual 2 subs? you wont get a 4 ohm load out of that.
 8 years ago '05        #26
mtownrepa 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 kodak314 said:
i have all my settings at 0, but people like to set there settings to there liking. all b4 you set your gains. when you set the gains, you pretty much sayin this is the max i want it to go. if you set your gains then set your settings you will be clipping the signal.

yes the bass on the hu will boost the signal at the subs.

why did you buy 2 dual 2 subs? you wont get a 4 ohm load out of that.

is this wirring diagram wrong or am i not understanding it right?
if the diagram is correct which one of these 2 should i do?
and is the second pic ok to even wire to my amp?
i think my amp puts out more power when on a 2 ohm load

it shows that its putting out a 4 ohm load

[pic - click to view]

2 DVC drivers with Voice Coils in Series / Parallel
Connecting the two voice coils of each driver in series (+ to -) and the drivers themselves in parallel (+ to +, etc.) will result in the following impedances:
Dual-6 Ohm Subwoofers: 6 Ohms
Dual-4 Ohm Subwoofer: 4 Ohms
Dual-2 Ohm Subwoofer: 2 Ohms
Dual-1.5 Ohm Subwoofer: 1.5 Ohms

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by mtownrepa; 03-19-2010 at 12:44 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #27
kodak314 2 heat pts
space
space
 mtownrepa said:
is this wirring diagram wrong or am i not understanding it right?
if the diagram is correct which one of these 2 should i do?
and is the second pic ok to even wire to my amp?
i think my amp puts out more power when on a 2 ohm load

it shows that its putting out a 4 ohm load

[pic - click to view]

2 DVC drivers with Voice Coils in Series / Parallel
Connecting the two voice coils of each driver in series (+ to -) and the drivers themselves in parallel (+ to +, etc.) will result in the following impedances:
Dual-6 Ohm Subwoofers: 6 Ohms
Dual-4 Ohm Subwoofer: 4 Ohms
Dual-2 Ohm Subwoofer: 2 Ohms
Dual-1.5 Ohm Subwoofer: 1.5 Ohms

[pic - click to view]

what i was sayin was you cant get a 4 ohm load when you wire 2 2ohm subs together, its either 8,2,.5ohm
but if you are putting them on separate channels then it will be 1 or 4ohm

both pics are right.

the first is each sub on its own channel for a 4 ohm load to each sub. thats not 4 ohm bridged. bridged is when you take the 2 channels and make them 1. if you did that your outcome would be 2 ohm

the second is when you connect them together

your only choice is the 1 pic. cause if you do the second, youll blow your amp.
to make it easier on yourself, can buy a mono (1 channel) amp that must power at 2 ohms.

Last edited by kodak314; 03-19-2010 at 07:15 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #28
mtownrepa 1 heat pts OP
space
space
im going to go with the first one just to play it safe but if i did the second pic it would put out 2 ohms right? i thought my amp can handle a 2 ohm load?
 8 years ago '05        #29
kodak314 2 heat pts
space
space
it can on each channel. thats what the first pic is

if you did the second 1 youll be bridging the amp at 2 ohms. thats what it cant handle, it can only go 4 ohm bridged
 8 years ago '05        #30
mtownrepa 1 heat pts OP
space
space
oh ok.. i wired my speakers to my amp today and set my amp. how do i tell when my speakers are getting distorted when i turn the gain up cause i dont here it when i turn the gain up. i have it only 1/4 turn would it be ok to turn it up more? what sounds am i looking for to know that i have my gain set to high is it the bass? i know im not getting as much power as my other subs but the bass isnt even half of what it was. should i turn up my bass on my hu? is it ok to turn the bass up on the hu? need some advice on this thanks

Last edited by mtownrepa; 03-24-2010 at 12:11 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #31
kodak314 2 heat pts
space
space
kind of hard to explain distortion and all that. better to read up on it.

if your not gettin much bass, then the amp is probably not strong enough and push them properly. you shouldnt turn the bass up if you already set the gains. probably the reason it was louder was because of clippin.
 8 years ago '05        #32
mtownrepa 1 heat pts OP
space
space
im only pushin 4 oms non bridged so the amp manual says im only gettin 300w rms at a 4 ohm load. could i turn the bass boost up on the amp and then set the gain or should i just adjust my bass from my hu and then set the gain? if i was to get a 1 channel amp should it be a 1 ohm amp for the 2 ohm subs i have?
 8 years ago '05        #33
kodak314 2 heat pts
space
space
lanzar is overrated, so it might say 300 and u can really b gettin 150w or less

[video - click to view]

a few videos on how to set gains

no you have 2 dual 2 subs so u need a amp that does power at 2 ohms
 8 years ago '05        #34
mtownrepa 1 heat pts OP
space
space
im thinkin about returning the subs i got and getting a PAIR OF DIAMOND AUDIO 15" 2000 WATT Car Subwoofers 1000w each sub 500w rms each sub if i was to wire these bridge to my amp would they be getting to much power to the subs or do you think they could handle it and if they could would they be louder than the 2 ohm subs im pushin now?

Features:

* PAIR DIAMOND AUDIO 15" 2000 WATT Car Subwoofers
* Power Handling: 2000 Watts (1000 Watts each sub)
* RMS Power Handling: 1000 Watts (500 Watts each sub)
* Impedance: Dual 4 Ohm
* Dual Voice Coil Subwoofers
* Textured Copolymer Cones with Aluminum Dust Cap
* Nitrile Butadine Rubber (NBR) Surround
* Extra Heavy Gauge Stamped Steel Basket
* Optimized Spider with Balanced Linear Suspension
* Integrated Tinsel Leads
* Venturi Vented Basket
* Vented Pole Piece
* Double Stacked Ferrite Magnet
* Dual 2.5" Voice Coils
* Low Frequency response: 20 Hz
* High Frequency Response: 250 Hz
* Sensitivity: 88 dB
* Diameter: 15 Inch
 8 years ago '05        #35
kodak314 2 heat pts
space
space
will it be louder? no way to tell you. there are too many variables that determine that. but i do think it has better protential

ill suggest gettin a new amp as well. and a custom made box. with thagt it shbould sound better and louder, if its done correctly
 8 years ago '05        #36
mtownrepa 1 heat pts OP
space
space
so the 2 diamond audio would be able to handle the amp bridged at 4 ohms?
 8 years ago '05        #37
kodak314 2 heat pts
space
space
yes, itll handle it. that amp isnt pushin nowhere near what the specs say

the thing is, its hard to set gains on a amp when you dont kno the real rms value.

so what did you set it too?
 8 years ago '05        #38
mtownrepa 1 heat pts OP
space
space
i would say i set the gain about 1/3 cause it doesnt have any numbers on the gain i dnt here any distortion or anything out of the subs so i think there good but i want to get 4 ohm subs for this amp untill i get a new one. i know they aare not pushin no where near what they say but im just stayin with this amp for now untill i fully learn how to set my gains and stuff.when i do get another amp should i stick to a 2 channel amp if i have 4 ohm subs? also to i was reading on the 2 diamond audio subs and they said they are refurbished is that bad or would they still be good? if they are not good refurbished i was thinkin about gettin some audiopipe subs are those decent subs? im just tryin to stick with cheap stuff for now cause im still tryin to learn how to set my amp and stuff so if they mess up i wont be at to big of a loss on money
 8 years ago '05        #39
kodak314 2 heat pts
space
space
you want to get a mono amp (1 channel), if you have dual 4s get a amp thats 1 ohm stable.

refurbished is like a hit or miss. they could be perfectly fine or could blow as soon as u hook them up. you never know. its harder when the sub cant be recone as easy as other subs.

you dont have to keep buyin cheap equipment cause your worried about blowin them, just get some good quaility equipment and set the gains right and youll b good to go. its not hard at all.

that amount of money you gon keep spending on cheap equipment, you could just buy higher and save.

tell me how you are tryin to spend, and ill set you in the right direction
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
40 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
68 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
83 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
135 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
295 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy