how should i wire my amp to my subs

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
136 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
25 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #1
6410 pageviews
38 comments

mtownrepa 1 heat pts
space
space
$317 | Props total: 0 0
how should i wire my amp to my subs

my voice coils in my subs burned out but my question is the people who wired my subs to my amp bridged them i have a 4000w amp and two 15" subs at 2000w apeice if my subs were bridged to the amp does that mean im pushin 4000w to both subs? if so should i wire the subs to each channel? all i want is for 2000w to go to each sub how should i wire them....

btw i am not a pro at this so if i sound like i dnt know what im talkin bout thats cuz i dnt

38 comments for "how should i wire my amp to my subs"

8 years ago '05        #2
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
$20,252 | Props total: 2426 2426
in order to help you we need the brand and model number of the amp and subwoofers to be able to tell you how to safely wire your setup. with out that information no one will be able to help.
 8 years ago '05        #3
kodak314 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,841 | Props total: 144 144
 mtownrepa said:
my voice coils in my subs burned out but my question is the people who wired my subs to my amp bridged them i have a 4000w amp and two 15" subs at 2000w apeice if my subs were bridged to the amp does that mean im pushin 4000w to both subs? if so should i wire the subs to each channel? all i want is for 2000w to go to each sub how should i wire them....

btw i am not a pro at this so if i sound like i dnt know what im talkin bout thats cuz i dnt
so your subs are blown but your still goin to hook them up?

and youre not pushing 4k watts can almost guarantee that. but to use your logic, if you bridged the subs to the amp (depending on the coil config, and ohm the amp is stable at) and it produces 4k watts. it will be 4k total. so if you have 2 subs it will be split so 2k to each sub

like hirollin said cant tell you without more info.
 8 years ago '05        #4
mtownrepa 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 kodak314 said:
so your subs are blown but your still goin to hook them up?

and youre not pushing 4k watts can almost guarantee that. but to use your logic, if you bridged the subs to the amp (depending on the coil config, and ohm the amp is stable at) and it produces 4k watts. it will be 4k total. so if you have 2 subs it will be split so 2k to each sub

like hirollin said cant tell you without more info.
im gettin new subs im not puttin the same ones in

i have Max Pro 15'' 2000 Watt Small Enclosure Dual 4 Ohm Subwoofer MODEL: MAXP154D SERIES: MAX... Max Pro 4000 Watt 2 Channel High Power Mosfet Amplifier MODEL: MXA282 SERIES: MAX
link for the amp
link for the subs

i know im not pushin the full 4k but this is the easiest way for me to explain.. so your sayin that if there bridged it would be 2k to each sub? i dnt understand how it splits 2k to each sub if its bridged at 1x4000w? so i guess the next question would be is why would my voice coils burn out? and please dnt say cuz i have cheap subs and amp i have heard that enuff

Last edited by mtownrepa; 03-09-2010 at 08:25 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #5
kodak314 2 heat pts
space
space
 mtownrepa said:
im gettin new subs im not puttin the same ones in

i have Max Pro 15'' 2000 Watt Small Enclosure Dual 4 Ohm Subwoofer MODEL: MAXP154D SERIES: MAX... Max Pro 4000 Watt 2 Channel High Power Mosfet Amplifier MODEL: MXA282 SERIES: MAX
link for the amp
link for the subs

i know im not pushin the full 4k but this is the easiest way for me to explain.. so your sayin that if there bridged it would be 2k to each sub? i dnt understand how it splits 2k to each sub if its bridged at 1x4000w? so i guess the next question would be is why would my voice coils burn out? and please dnt say cuz i have cheap subs and amp i have heard that enuff
no youre not pushin the full 4k cause its not capable
its a 2 ch amp so when bridged turns it to a mono (1 channel). so its goin to put out 4k on that 1 channel. so if you had 1 sub to it, it would get the whole 4k; if you have 2 its split two ways and so on and so on.

there are a lot of reason why they blew. settings were not set correctly, clipping, low voltage, etc etc

but my guess would be clipping
 8 years ago '05        #6
mtownrepa 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 kodak314 said:
no youre not pushin the full 4k cause its not capable
its a 2 ch amp so when bridged turns it to a mono (1 channel). so its goin to put out 4k on that 1 channel. so if you had 1 sub to it, it would get the whole 4k; if you have 2 its split two ways and so on and so on.

there are a lot of reason why they blew. settings were not set correctly, clipping, low voltage, etc etc

but my guess would be clipping
ok so bein bridged is not a problem. so how would i stop it from clipping how should i set my amp?
 8 years ago '05        #7
kodak314 2 heat pts
space
space
 mtownrepa said:
ok so bein bridged is not a problem. so how would i stop it from clipping how should i set my amp?
bridged is not a problem, but i recommend a mono block for subs just because their alot easier to work with.

by setting your settings correctly on the hu and amp (no bass boost, lpf/hpf set correct, phase, gain set right, etc)

to learn you can go to the12volt.com or bcae1.com
 8 years ago '05        #8
mtownrepa 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 kodak314 said:
bridged is not a problem, but i recommend a mono block for subs just because their alot easier to work with.

by setting your settings correctly on the hu and amp (no bass boost, lpf/hpf set correct, phase, gain set right, etc)

to learn you can go to the12volt.com or bcae1.com
thanks for your help this sh*t is really confusing to me im gona put the amp manual up could u tell me which ones i should adjust or is it all of them the numbers on the manual is 1,6,2,7,8 do i need to adjust all of them or just certain ones?

Last edited by mtownrepa; 03-10-2010 at 12:58 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #9
kodak314 2 heat pts
space
space
1 - is the gain, i cant tell you how to set it cause it all varies. this is what u need to set

6 - is the high pass filter, and its just like it sounds a high pass. youre passing all the frequencies above where its set. since your using subs this should be at 0

2 - depending what you have hooked up to it. if its speakers to hpf, if its subs lpf and if your using a external crossover like a hu then set it to full

7 - is the low pass filter, and its just the opposite of the high pass, youre passing all the frequencies below that point. if your box is sealed this should be off or 0. if your box is ported it should be set ~10hz below the tuning frequency

8 - is the phase, it should be at 0. unless you have inverted subs or other situations
 8 years ago '05        #10
mtownrepa 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 kodak314 said:
1 - is the gain, i cant tell you how to set it cause it all varies. this is what u need to set

6 - is the high pass filter, and its just like it sounds a high pass. youre passing all the frequencies above where its set. since your using subs this should be at 0

2 - depending what you have hooked up to it. if its speakers to hpf, if its subs lpf and if your using a external crossover like a hu then set it to full

7 - is the low pass filter, and its just the opposite of the high pass, youre passing all the frequencies below that point. if your box is sealed this should be off or 0. if your box is ported it should be set ~10hz below the tuning frequency

8 - is the phase, it should be at 0. unless you have inverted subs or other situations
thanks for the help i understand it a lil better now
 8 years ago '05        #11
kodak314 2 heat pts
space
space
 kodak314 said:

my bad this is wrong, i was thinking about the ssf. the lpf should be set to around 80hz
 8 years ago '05        #12
mtownrepa 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 kodak314 said:
my bad this is wrong, i was thinking about the ssf. the lpf should be set to around 80hz
thanks.. i was in another forum and a guy told me the safest way to wire my subs is at a 2ohm load and non-bridged to the amp should i wire them this way if so how? or leave them bridged and adjust my amps gain?
 8 years ago '05        #13
kodak314 2 heat pts
space
space
 mtownrepa said:
thanks.. i was in another forum and a guy told me the safest way to wire my subs is at a 2ohm load and non-bridged to the amp should i wire them this way if so how? or leave them bridged and adjust my amps gain?
you can do either.

to get a 2 ohm for each channel, just take the pos and neg from the sub 1 and connect it to channel 1 neg and pos. and do the same for the other sub
 8 years ago '05        #14
mtownrepa 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 kodak314 said:
you can do either.

to get a 2 ohm for each channel, just take the pos and neg from the sub 1 and connect it to channel 1 neg and pos. and do the same for the other sub
is this how i should wire them? this would be a 2ohm load non-bridged right?

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '05        #15
kodak314 2 heat pts
space
space
yes..
 8 years ago '05        #16
mtownrepa 1 heat pts OP
space
space
could i hook up 2 15" subs at 1600w apiece to my amp?
 8 years ago '05        #17
kodak314 2 heat pts
space
space
yea you could, but that amp wont do 1600 per channel
 8 years ago '05        #18
mtownrepa 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 kodak314 said:
yea you could, but that amp wont do 1600 per channel
would i wire the same way the diagram i put up?
 8 years ago '05        #19
kodak314 2 heat pts
space
space
yea..
 8 years ago '05        #20
mtownrepa 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 kodak314 said:
yea..
that was just a curious question thanks.. i forgot to ask u what would i set the bass boost on the amp? i didnt put that number up there thats on the manuel. one more question if my settings on my amp were to low for my subs would it damage my subs or only if the settings r to high?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
73 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
160 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
73 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
71 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
116 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
57 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy