Mar 7 - 911 Operator Hangs Up On A 8yr Old Girl Whos Parents Have Been Shot

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
58 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
251 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 14 - The FCC just killed net neutrality
77 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #1
12558 pageviews
86 comments

Xaiv 149 heat pts149
space
space
$4,280 | Props total: 2189 2189
Mar 7 - 911 Operator Hangs Up On A 8yr Old Girl Whos Parents Have Been Shot

link to the video of the call

[video - click to view]

Call to 911: Girl, 8, says Mom's 'almost dead'
Chilling call prompts probe of operator's response
George Hunter / The Detroit News

Detroit -- A child's anguished 911 call as her mother lay dying has prompted police to investigate the emergency operator and plead for the public's help to catch the k!ller.

"My mother's in the basement; I need emergency," the breathless 8-year-old girl screamed to the 911 dispatcher on Monday. "She's almost dead. Mommy!"

Audio of the call released Friday revealed the girl told the operator repeatedly her mother was breathing but near death. But the dispatcher didn't ask what had happened or learn there was a double shooting at the home until more than four minutes into the call.

It's unclear how long it took the operator to send help, but the woman died on the way to the hospital. Another victim was dead at the scene.

The chilling call, made shortly after two men opened fire inside a house on the city's northwest side, has Detroit Police Chief Warren Evans outraged over "the agony of what that young lady went through," he said.

"If you listen to the tape, you'll be as righteously indignant as I am," Evans said

Police said ex-convict Derrick Smith, 42, and another unidentified suspect are responsible for murdering the girl's mother, Monica Botello, and a man, Purcell Carson, inside a house Monday night in the 19000 block of Glastonbury. Carson is not the girl's father, although she referred to him as "dad," police said.

The 8-year-old and her 6-year-old sister were in the home at the time of the shooting, although police said they did not witness the attack.

A warrant for first-degree murder has been issued for Smith, who was released from prison in 2007 for kidnapping and robbery charges and was on parole until January. Detectives are also looking for an accomplice.

Carson served time for a drug offense and was in prison with his k!ller, said Lt. Dwane Blackmon, head of the Homicide Unit.

"The suspect had some connection with the victims," Blackmon said, declining to elaborate.
Probe of dispatcher

Police also are investigating the 911 dispatcher who took the girl's call, Evans said. A recording of the call shows the operator spent several minutes trying to calm the girl and get the address. The girls were visiting the house with their mother.

"I'm not totally comfortable with the demeanor of the dispatcher," Evans said. "I'm not passing judgment at this point, but we're going to investigate.

"You need to calm a child down in that kind of situation. When a kid's traumatized, we need to get a car there as soon as possible."

Officials of the union that represents Detroit police dispatchers did not return phone calls Friday.

Police released an abridged version of the 911 call with permission of the victim's family. It is 2 minutes, 27 seconds long, but WDIV-TV (Channel 4) posted a version on its Web site that lasts 5 minutes, 24 seconds. Police said they released only a portion because the unabridged version contains information investigators do not want to make public.

During the call, which was placed at 8:50 p.m., the dispatcher repeatedly cut off the girl to ask her address, and expressed frustration the girl was unable to tell her.

Evans questioned why the operator left the girl on hold for an undisclosed time, and expressed concern about how long it took her to dispatch a squad car to the scene, although he did not say how long it took. Carson was dead at the scene. Botello died on the way to the hospital.

"We need to have an investigation to satisfy those concerns," Evans said.

Had the call been made from a land line, it would have been an easy matter for the dispatcher to determine the address, Evans said. Because the call came via cell phone, the technology does not exist to quickly determine its location, Evans said.
911's troubles

Detroit has had trouble with 911 dispatchers in recent years.

An operator, Sharon Nichols, was convicted of willful neglect in 2008 after she told a 5-year-old boy to stop playing on the phone when he called to report his mother collapsed in 2006. By the time police arrived at the home hours later, the boy's mother, Sherrill Turner, was dead. An arbitrator in July gave Nichols her job back.

Evans said listening to the little girl's cries during the emergency call was troublesome. "If you see the lines in my forehead, they're there because of the angst I feel in this type of situation," he said. "We've all got kids. We're anxious to get this guy in custody. We want to get all murderers off the street, but this one tugs at us a little more than others."

From The Detroit News:
[pic - click to view]

Call to 911: Girl, 8, says Mom's 'almost dead' | detnews.com | The Detroit News

[pic - click to view]

Call to 911: Girl, 8, says Mom's 'almost dead' | detnews.com | The Detroit News

86 comments for "Mar 7 - 911 Operator Hangs Up On A 8yr Old Girl Whos Parents Have Been Shot"

8 years ago '05        #2
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
$43,445 | Props total: 25128 25128

She 8 Years Old...She Scared...She Havent Been Thru This Before and This b**ch Acting Like A Smartass "stop screaming,put yo momma on the phone,etc" When You Call 911 From A House Phone They Know The Address Already...

The Little Girl Spelling Out The Street and The Dispatcher KNEW THE f**kIN STREET,Thats What Pissed Me Off. Why Play With The Little Girl Like That? If You Thought The Girl Was Lying Have The Police Check It Out For Themselfs,Dont Hang Up...

RIP To Two People That Died...Sad Story
 03-07-2010, 02:38 PM         #3
ILLMATIC_RIDAH 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
b**ch asking "how old is your sister" "who shot your mom" are u a f**kin csi detective send a f**king ambulance and STFU they know your adress already
 8 years ago '07        #4
JohnDoe 207 heat pts207
space
space
$12,035 | Props total: 3900 3900
man i started listening to the call an had to stop.....s**ts makes me sad.....we got sum of the laziest f**kin people working for the gov in crucial areas.....b**ch sounded hella uninterested in sending help in the first 40 sec of the phone call.....
 8 years ago '10        #5
peeyump 15 heat pts15
space
space
$21,112 | Props total: 1271 1271
s**t sounds like a prank so I can see why the operator aint believe this s**t.

article says the call was made from a celly so they dont know the address..

but that 8 year old is not on an 8yr old level......my oldest boy is only 7 and he can tell you his address telephone number and all kinds of s**t

Last edited by peeyump; 03-07-2010 at 02:51 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #6
playa_fly 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,393 | Props total: 6 6
 peeyump said:

but that 8 year old is not on an 8yr old level......my oldest boy is only 7 and he can tell you his address telephone number and all kinds of s**t
I don't give a f**k if it's sounds like a prank or not, the operators are supposed to take all emergency calls seriously. and she couldn't tell the address because she didn't leave there, she was visiting. Listening to that audio almost made me snap.
 8 years ago '06        #7
Queenslansder 
space
space
$979 | Props total: 8 8
^^^^ they werent at home, they were visiting ^^^
 8 years ago '10        #8
peeyump 15 heat pts15
space
space
 playa_fly said:
I don't give a f**k if it's sounds like a prank or not, the operators are supposed to take all emergency calls seriously. and she couldn't tell the address because she didn't leave there, she was visiting. Listening to that audio almost made me snap.

yeah its f**ked up no doubt......but I dont take a s**t load of these types of calls to be judging the dispatcher........I know I personally would have expected more from an 8yr old but at the time I would like to think my questions would have been better suited for an 8yr old. Thats my main problem with the dispatcher is that she didnt dumb it down a little and just take a minute to get the 8yr olds mind right.
 8 years ago '06        #9
bigmike5115 
space
space
space
$1,572 | Props total: 50 50
ye idk how to feel about this..lady wasnt being mean telling her not to yell..just need her to calm down to get information..and asking about the sister becasue if she was older that obvi would help..cant just send police to a location thats wrong so she wanted the right address first..used to be a dispatcher..but just a sad situatioin..and def shouldve stayed on until someone arrived
 8 years ago '07        #10
NuffGanja 117 heat pts117
space
space
$35,711 | Props total: 14906 14906
 peeyump said:

u simple as hell
 8 years ago '09        #11
WezLFaCe_KiD 57 heat pts57
space
space
$14,831 | Props total: 1045 1045
 peeyump said:

stfu .. ye man this girls moms dying and she cant think right but my son can tell u his phone number
 8 years ago '06        #12
revolution03 
space
space
$2,977 | Props total: 1 1
looks like anyone can get a job bein a 911 operator these days
 8 years ago '06        #13
revolution03 
space
space
$2,977 | Props total: 1 1
 peeyump said:

damn you are fkn dumb.. doesn't matter how old the human being is or if it does sound like a prank you should still go through all your precautions etc. even if it wasn't an emergency
 03-07-2010, 03:48 PM         #14
GREEN LIGHT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
SMH. No urgency. Obviously the little girl is 8 years old and doesn't react to a situation like that as a teenager or an adult would.

I understand the dispatcher couldn't get the proper info because of the cell thing but she handled it badly.
 03-07-2010, 03:52 PM         #15
king-2-be 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thats exactly why when that martial law chit hits the streets the nikka woman is gonna get it worst... bcuz of a funky azz attitude like that.... it hurts 2 even listen 2 it... i know good n damn well she could have tracked that call n had sumone there within mins... shes gonna get hers in the long run
 8 years ago '04        #16
unmarkeddollaz 
space
space
space
$773 | Props total: 0 0
they said even though she was on a cell phone the call was tracked after the first minute so she didn't have to give her as hard a time as she did.
 8 years ago '06        #17
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,417 | Props total: 4 4
Thats real s**t.. if somebody..like a lil f**king child is callin about that s**t, I would at least send a policemen out there to check. thats f**ked up.

damn thats so sad.
"please help me...you promise you will help me?" I shook my head when I heard that s**t.

Last edited by Da Realness; 03-07-2010 at 04:43 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #18
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,204 | Props total: 15060 15060
wow...

f**k that dispatcher
 8 years ago '10        #19
peeyump 15 heat pts15
space
space
 WezLFaCe_KiD said:
stfu .. ye man this girls moms dying and she cant think right but my son can tell u his phone number

n*gga shut yo stupid face a.ss up.....ole i flunked the 4th grade three times a.ss n*gga....all im saying is that an 8 year olds competence level is higher than what was displayed and it probably puzzled the s**t out of the operator. In the first few minutes of the call it felt like it could have been a prank.
 8 years ago '09        #20
Baynut 5 heat pts
space
space
$9,195 | Props total: 3073 3073
This s**t is just sad... If a lil girl saying my parents were shot, whether a prank or not, that should be enough to get the police to the house. I mean s**t now a days cops can trace calls and see where it's coming from... This is just some BS I cant believe the operator is so emotion-less when it comes to something like this.. Someone should pistol whip or Taser that ho for like 30 minutes.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
54 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
278 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildlandís new free DLC.
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy