Is "Dexter" Really That Good of a Show??

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
30 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
234 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
132 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
112 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #1
12663 pageviews
37 comments

youngvito18 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,777 | Props total: 4709 4709
Is "Dexter" Really That Good of a Show??

just seen the "wire vs dexter" thread and at first i was appalled, im a big fan of THE WIRE and i get real confused when people put sub par shows against it........

then i think to my self......well.....maybe Dexter aint that subpar if all these posters keep talking about it, i 2nd guess'd "Breaking bad" and a.ssumed it would be a wack show because its about a chemistry teacher making meth in the burbs, but when i took time to watch it i became f**king hooked.....so maybe....maybe Dexter is actually a great show

simple thread.......name somethings about the show (Dexter) that makes it so great, from my understanding its about a cop that k!lls for fun, or k!lls other k!llers for fun, but in all honestly that sounds dumb as f**k........but i said the same the about TRUE BLOOD and BREAKING BAD and both shows are fun to watch

what makes Dexter fun to watch image

37 comments for "Is "Dexter" Really That Good of a Show??"

8 years ago '04        #2
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,554 | Props total: 93 93
Why not just watch it and find out for yourself?
 8 years ago '07        #3
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,770 | Props total: 14586 14586
He's not a cop. Its from a book just like True Blood is but Dexter >>> writing than True Blood. He doesn't k!ll for fun its like a disease to him. Just watch it. I don't want to give too much away if you like True Blood and Breaking Bad you will like it. As far as Dexter vs. The Wire its kind of dumb put both up against each other because they are nothing alike besides being dramas and good writing. Just watch it though.
 03-06-2010, 08:27 PM         #4
Thee504Legend 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's not better than the Wire-nothing is. But Dexter is a great show.
 8 years ago '06        #5
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
$31,348 | Props total: 5498 5498
it's not better than the wire but that show goes hard.
 8 years ago '07        #6
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 Thee504Legend said:
It's not better than the Wire-nothing is. But Dexter is a great show.
Statements like that are the reason why it gets called overrated.
 03-06-2010, 08:34 PM         #7
Thee504Legend 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thehogue... said:
Statements like that are the reason why it gets called overrated.
I could give a f**kless about if you think its overrated. To me its the best show.
[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '06        #8
Triple0 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,890 | Props total: 460 460
Not a fan at all so I say no.
 8 years ago '04        #9
KidKingGoD 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,086 | Props total: 613 613
dexter is NOT fukkking wyt the wire....
 8 years ago '07        #10
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 Thee504Legend said:
I could give a f**kless about if you think its overrated. To me its the best show.
[pic - click to view]

I didn't say it was overrated I said that's the reason why its called that. f**k that gif you should've used the one w/ him walking away .
 8 years ago '06        #11
Kjizzle03 37 heat pts37
space
space
$25,269 | Props total: 7390 7390
Both shows are on point...they shouldn't really be compared, they're 2 totally different shows
 8 years ago '09        #12
Ms Ambitious 249 heat pts249
space
space
$8,395 | Props total: 7107 7107
It's two completely different shows. I don't understand how people can compare two shows that are totally different. They are both great shows, and in my top 10 of best shows ever.
 8 years ago '08        #13
crenshaw 
space
space
space
$676 | Props total: 88 88
^ i agree 100% both shows i love very much, but to dexter virgins it always depends on what really rocks your boat. different strokes for different folks.

The last season of dexter was the best of all, the finale was simply epic! left me wanting for more
 8 years ago '04        #14
booie4 
space
space
$5,260 | Props total: 1549 1549
The Wire>>Dexter, but that doesn't take anything away from Dexter. As the Wire is one of my fav tv series of all time. As for Dexter, it's a great show and my fav on tv right now. The character Dexter himself makes the show go, he's probably one of the best written character's i've seen. Although I wouldn't say he k!lls for fun, in his mind the reason's are very sound. The storylines with him is really good. It has a few character's I like with Angel, Masuka. A lot I hate like Doakes and most of the women. I'd suggest this show to anyone.
 8 years ago '09        #15
Ms Ambitious 249 heat pts249
space
space
$8,395 | Props total: 7107 7107
 booie4 said:
The Wire>>Dexter, but that doesn't take anything away from Dexter. As the Wire is one of my fav tv series of all time. As for Dexter, it's a great show and my fav on tv right now. The character Dexter himself makes the show go, he's probably one of the best written character's i've seen. Although I wouldn't say he k!lls for fun, in his mind the reason's are very sound. The storylines with him is really good. It has a few character's I like with Angel, Masuka. A lot I hate like Doakes and most of the women. I'd suggest this show to anyone.
were you abused as a child, scared to smile J/k
 8 years ago '04        #16
Ph8te 
space
space
space
$453 | Props total: 40 40
Watch the 1st season of Dexter and give it a chance....I know many people who never heard of the show or never watched it, then started watching the 1st season and blew through it in less then a week. Its an addicting show, that as with most shows has some weak points, but IMO the strong points of the show outweigh the weak parts by such a wide margin that Ill recommend the show to almost anyone.

As far as the show goes Dexter is a serial k!ller, but the "joy" he gets out of it is not what most people would consider "joy". Its hard to get into the show without giving too much away, I suggest catching a few episodes online, or renting the 1st season.

BTW you cant really compare this show to The Wire. Both are excellent shows in their own right, but since the premise of both shows is so different its not a fair comparison. One is a Cop\City\Life drama, while the other is a Serial k!ller\Thriller\Personal demons drama.

I do have to say though that the end of the last season of Dexter, while predictable (foreshadowed in the finale) was one of the boldest moves by a show I have seen in the past 5-6 years
 8 years ago '07        #17
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 Ph8te said:
Watch the 1st season of Dexter and give it a chance....I know many people who never heard of the show or never watched it, then started watching the 1st season and blew through it in less then a week. Its an addicting show, that as with most shows has some weak points, but IMO the strong points of the show outweigh the weak parts by such a wide margin that Ill recommend the show to almost anyone.

As far as the show goes Dexter is a serial k!ller, but the "joy" he gets out of it is not what most people would consider "joy". Its hard to get into the show without giving too much away, I suggest catching a few episodes online, or renting the 1st season.

BTW you cant really compare this show to The Wire. Both are excellent shows in their own right, but since the premise of both shows is so different its not a fair comparison. One is a Cop\City\Life drama, while the other is a Serial k!ller\Thriller\Personal demons drama.

I do have to say though that the end of the last season of Dexter, while predictable (foreshadowed in the finale) was one of the boldest moves by a show I have seen in the past 5-6 years
I didn't start watching it until the 3rd Season was over. I was like let me give this a chance and I went through the 3 seasons in like two and a half weeks.
 8 years ago '05        #18
youngvito18 8 heat pts OP
space
space
$13,777 | Props total: 4709 4709
 Ph8te said:

sold....i'll start downloading season 1 once im done with Breaking bad
 8 years ago '10        #19
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,316 | Props total: 8297 8297
Dexter really is good. i remember back when season one ended and i got tight cuz i had to wait for fall for season 2......lol
 03-06-2010, 09:51 PM         #20
Thee504Legend 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What's Breaking Bad about? I'm bout to finish Dexter and I need something to get me thru this graveyard shift
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
61 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
21 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
24 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
233 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
48 comments
2 days ago