most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
56 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
46 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-08-2010, 08:04 PM         #161
AbsLikeJesus  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
No one is using only stats to prove that LeBron is clutch

We watch the games and we know he is clutch, it's evident from watching his games. Some people refuse to believe that OR they don't get a chance to watch Cavaliers games so they just aren't informed. This is used as supplementary information and it shouldn't be taken into account as the number one reason on why he is clutch. We have all seen LeBron play and know he is clutch, some haven't, and this is where the stat comes in to clearly show them an aspect of LeBron's clutch statistics.
 8 years ago '06        #162
JOHNSNAKE06 
space
space
space
$1,361 | Props total: 558 558
Steve Nash and Stephon Marbury came into the NBA at the same time.

Stephon Marbury's career stats: 19.3 ppg, 7.6 a.sst, 1.2 stls, 3 rebs, 0.1 blks
Steve Nash's career stats: 14.6 ppg, 8.2 a.sst, 0.8 stls, 3 rebs, 0.1 blks

If you only go by the stats, you can make the argument that Marbury is the better player, or has had the better individual career. But, what the stats don't show is Nash's intangible attributes, and Marbury's lack of those same intangibles. Though statistically Marbury maybe equal or maybe even better than Nash, he isn't a better basketball player.
 8 years ago '06        #163
JOHNSNAKE06 
space
space
space
 AbsLikeJesus said:
No one is using only stats to prove that LeBron is clutch

We watch the games and we know he is clutch, it's evident from watching his games. Some people refuse to believe that OR they don't get a chance to watch Cavaliers games so they just aren't informed. This is used as supplementary information and it shouldn't be taken into account as the number one reason on why he is clutch. We have all seen LeBron play and know he is clutch, some haven't, and this is where the stat comes in to clearly show them an aspect of LeBron's clutch statistics.
Your initial argument made no mention to anything but the stat, which is why I stated that the stat wasn't enough.
 8 years ago '06        #164
JOHNSNAKE06 
space
space
space
 AbsLikeJesus said:
Those people are idiots

[pic - click to view]

This stat was started 1 YEAR before LeBron was drafted. Not only that, but Kobe hit 5 FG this year alone. Coming into this season, LeBron has more of these FG than Kobe in LESS time
Once again, this is your opening post, nowhere in this post did you use anything other than one stat to support your statement that Lebron has "killer instinct"/ "Clutch".
 03-08-2010, 08:22 PM         #165
AbsLikeJesus  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JOHNSNAKE06 said:
Once again, this is your opening post, nowhere in this post did you use anything other than one stat to support your statement that Lebron has "killer instinct"/ "Clutch".
No where in that post did I mention "killer instinct" or "clutch" My initial post was just pointing a statistic out for whatever reason, a reason I didn't specify. As the thread progressed, issues arose and sides were taken, to which different points of argument were added throughout the pages. I stated that you only have to watch the games to realize, although I didn't make it as clear as I did in the post above.
 03-08-2010, 08:56 PM         #166
AbsLikeJesus  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sneekas said:
how can the thread go in any direction BUT k!ller instinct/clutch?

i mean...where did u expect this thread to go? "lebron made more FGs than kobe/end thread"
???
I guess it had no choice. But that doesn't escape the fact that it wasn't my intention to have it pan out like this. Plenty of posters know of LeBron's abilities in the clutch and plenty don't. This statistic will help some of doubters realize, for whichever reason they were doubting already (misinformed or uninformed), like I mentioned earlier. That was the whole point, you don't have to have stats, all you have to do is watch the games. Some people can't/won't watch the games, so this was used to help propel them in the right direction
 8 years ago '06        #167
JOHNSNAKE06 
space
space
space
 AbsLikeJesus said:
No where in that post did I mention "killer instinct" or "clutch" My initial post was just pointing a statistic out for whatever reason, a reason I didn't specify. As the thread progressed, issues arose and sides were taken, to which different points of argument were added throughout the pages. I stated that you only have to watch the games to realize, although I didn't make it as clear as I did in the post above.
The title of thread is "There are still people who think Lebron doesn't have k!ller instinct", so what am I supposed to think the post is about?
 8 years ago '06        #168
JOHNSNAKE06 
space
space
space
 AbsLikeJesus said:
I guess it had no choice. But that doesn't escape the fact that it wasn't my intention to have it pan out like this. Plenty of posters know of LeBron's abilities in the clutch and plenty don't. This statistic will help some of doubters realize, for whichever reason they were doubting already (misinformed or uninformed), like I mentioned earlier. That was the whole point, you don't have to have stats, all you have to do is watch the games. Some people can't/won't watch the games, so this was used to help propel them in the right direction
There are plenty of people that watch the games, and still feel that Lebron is lacking in the "clutch" department, so just saying watch the game and posting a stat isn't a convincing argument.
 03-08-2010, 09:18 PM         #169
Rynoh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The proof is all over this thread that he IS. Take it with a grain of salt, I'm not putting anybody down... but to say he's not is ignorant as f**k.

You can only try to show people the light and the truth, whether or not they understand it is up to them...
 8 years ago '06        #170
JOHNSNAKE06 
space
space
space
 WilliamHBonnie said:
The proof is all over this thread that he IS. Take it with a grain of salt, I'm not putting anybody down... but to say he's not is ignorant as f**k.

You can only try to show people the light and the truth, whether or not they understand it is up to them...
I never said he wasn't, I never said he was. I haven't seen any proof, nor have I seen a convincing argument that he is. However, I actually agree that he has improved, and is better than most people are giving him credit for. This debate started because I challenged whether or not that stat proved anything.

Last edited by JOHNSNAKE06; 03-08-2010 at 09:47 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #171
JOHNSNAKE06 
space
space
space
 WilliamHBonnie said:

I never said he wasn't, I never said he was. I haven't seen any proof, nor have I seen a convincing argument that he is. However, I actually think that he has improved, and is better than most people are giving him credit for. This debate started because I challenged whether or not that stat proved anything.

edit: Sorry about the double post.

Last edited by JOHNSNAKE06; 03-08-2010 at 09:48 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #172
nastynoble 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,748 | Props total: 126 126
this is a meaningless stat because it does not show how many of them won the game...it took lebron two seasons to hit his first game winner...melo hit 6 in his rookie season
 8 years ago '07        #173
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 nastynoble said:
this is a meaningless stat because it does not show how many of them won the game...it took lebron two seasons to hit his first game winner...melo hit 6 in his rookie season
also took Lebron 6 seasons to hit his first buzzer beater
 8 years ago '06        #174
JOHNSNAKE06 
space
space
space
 nastynoble said:
It also doesn't show concession baskets. When a team is up three late, and would rather allow a layup, then give up a good look at the 3. The team that's losing takes the quick 2 and fouls in hopes of extending the game.
 8 years ago '06        #175
Loco Poe 
space
space
$2,544 | Props total: 731 731
do u guys ever watch a cavs game.. the ball ALWAYS goes to lebron the whole game and esp the last shot.. kobe missed games and takes most of the last shots but not all... lebron ALWAYS does.
 8 years ago '06        #176
Cezaroh 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,242 | Props total: 1558 1558
 sneekas said:
im not a fan...rite.
im not
i lived in cleveland for 21 years and had no idea we had an nba team til lebron was given to us
u caught me.

now i must go make a new screen name and get my identity back.

i didnt say kobe wud hit every time dumbnuts.."DONT U KNO HOW TO READ"
i sed 4/5.....in my book...thats not "every" time.

im not bashing him...its the truth.
lebron is un human like on the court.
but wen it comes down to clutchness between him and kobe
kobe is better than lebron.

u should go to my profile and read my posts be4 u reply. u mite learn sumthin
and i really dont care bout lebron...hes immature.
the REAL mvp of our team is gunna sign with us in a couple weeks (that wud b Z)
lebron has no heart, soul and desire like Z does.

lebron tells the media hes not answering any more questions bout free agency..then he wears shoes with knicks logo on em?
get the f**k outta here and go suck lebron with javon be4 tonites game.
:agreement6::agreement6:This is a real Cavs fan respect not a lbj d*ck rider that hates on kobe.Its about the team not a single player
 8 years ago '06        #177
JOHNSNAKE06 
space
space
space
 Loco Poe said:
do u guys ever watch a cavs game.. the ball ALWAYS goes to lebron the whole game and esp the last shot.. kobe missed games and takes most of the last shots but not all... lebron ALWAYS does.
Lebron always has the ball, but he doesn't always take the shot. And just taking or not taking the shot doesn't make anyone a "clutch" player.
 03-10-2010, 01:19 PM         #178
Rynoh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Im bumping this so that other guys thread will take heat.
 08-19-2010, 08:22 PM         #179
KingDwightII  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
anybody remember this...lol...the kinggggg b**chhhhh..t.i tone
 7 years ago '05        #180
Based_One 79 heat pts79
space
space
$9,711 | Props total: 7021 7021
 Rynoh said:
Im bumping this so that other guys thread will take heat.
oh the irony :lachen001:
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
100 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
127 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
85 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
96 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
58 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy