There are still some people who think LeBron doesn't have killer instinct

most viewed right now
 NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
30 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatumís stats for the month of December so far
39 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
197 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #121
Pichito25 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,182 | Props total: 59 59
 AbsLikeJesus said:
Robert Horry has 7 rings, Kobe has 4
with this logic horry is better than kobe and both of them are way better than lebron!
 8 years ago '09        #122
Acid Rap 78 heat pts78
space
space
$9,302 | Props total: 71 71
 Pichito25 said:
with this logic horry is better than kobe and both of them are way better than lebron!
Lebron needs to win one sometime soon. I don't think he needs to win a rediculous amount of them or anything, but he needs one asap. His stock would go even higher. Lebron is the MAN on his team (always has been), Horry was a tremendous role player on numerous well put together teams, and Kobe already got his Shaq-less ring. Horry always seemed to be right place right time with great execution. With Lebron's fans hyping him up so much it is baffling to the people that are on the fence about him as to why he doesn't get his ring. He is a victim of his own hype for me. Created by media, fans, etc.. I have zero hate for Lebron, but he is going to have win one to make me a true believer.
 8 years ago '09        #123
Knowledgeable 29 heat pts29
space
space
$11,168 | Props total: 3396 3396
 Bouncer? said:
yea... that's all u kobe stans got.... gtfo

You mad muthaf**ka? Go back and read again why I posted what I posted. It was pure sarcasm. Your the one who's a gotdamn stan. f**k outta here.
 03-07-2010, 12:10 PM         #124
AbsLikeJesus  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NnAiTnAjSa317 said:
Lebron needs to win one sometime soon. I don't think he needs to win a rediculous amount of them or anything, but he needs one asap. His stock would go even higher. Lebron is the MAN on his team (always has been), Horry was a tremendous role player on numerous well put together teams, and Kobe already got his Shaq-less ring. Horry always seemed to be right place right time with great execution. With Lebron's fans hyping him up so much it is baffling to the people that are on the fence about him as to why he doesn't get his ring. He is a victim of his own hype for me. Created by media, fans, etc.. I have zero hate for Lebron, but he is going to have win one to make me a true believer.
Over hyped? Look what he did straight out of highschool. Breaking records left and right, taking the league by storm and always doing something new. People said he passes too much so he dropped 50 plus numerous times, people say he dominates the ball too much so he gets 15 a.ssists, people say he is one dimensional and yet he almost averages a triple double. People say he couldn't shoot and he goes to Milwaukee and scores 16 points off threes in less than 2 minutes. Dude has done everything that was asked of him, he always over achieved IMO. Look at the rosters hes played with and how far he took them He doesn't need to win a championship ASAP, he can get one next year, or the year after or whenever. Kobe got his Shaq-less ring last year...

Knowledgeable said:
You mad muthaf**ka? Go back and read again why I posted what I posted. It was pure sarcasm. Your the one who's a gotdamn stan. f**k outta here.
lol misunderstanding haha

Last edited by AbsLikeJesus; 03-07-2010 at 12:11 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #125
Pichito25 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,182 | Props total: 59 59
 Black Magick said:
Yeah, basically.
Kobe fans always wanna bring up rings when talking about what players are good. But they get mad when you bring up Robert Horry.
bringing up horry doesn't help either argument though.....

if a lebron fan brings up horry to counter the ring argument, then it makes kobe look bad for only having 4, but still makes lebron look even worst!

so bringing up horry is not a good look for kobe or lebron fans
 8 years ago '06        #126
Bouncer 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$17,899 | Props total: 1212 1212
 Knowledgeable said:
i'm a stan cuz i say LBJ > KOBE? gtfoh f**got.

you missed the whole point of this thread, go back to page 1 and re-read everything. or better yet, just go back a page and read what williamh wrote, then proceed to k!ll yourself, b**ch.
 03-07-2010, 12:16 PM         #127
Rynoh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Pichito25 said:
bringing up horry doesn't help either argument though.....

if a lebron fan brings up horry to counter the ring argument, then it makes kobe look bad for only having 4, but still makes lebron look even worst!

so bringing up horry is not a good look for kobe or lebron fans
Bringing up Horry is valid if his name is used in the proper context.
 8 years ago '09        #128
Acid Rap 78 heat pts78
space
space
$9,302 | Props total: 71 71
 AbsLikeJesus said:
Over hyped? Look what he did straight out of highschool. Breaking records left and right, taking the league by storm and always doing something new. People said he passes too much so he dropped 50 plus numerous times, people say he dominates the ball too much so he gets 15 a.ssists, people say he is one dimensional and yet he almost averages a triple double. People say he couldn't shoot and he goes to Milwaukee and scores 16 points off threes in less than 2 minutes. Dude has done everything that was asked of him, he always over achieved IMO. Look at the rosters hes played with and how far he took them He doesn't need to win a championship ASAP, he can get one next year, or the year after or whenever. Kobe got his Shaq-less ring last year...

Him winning one will change some people's minds is my point. Making a thread on Boxden posting a bunch of stats that this guy is expected to have isn't changing anyone's mind. I want to see him win it all. I will have nothing more to say when[if] this happens.

Last edited by Acid Rap; 03-07-2010 at 12:21 PM..
 8 years ago '09        #129
space
space
 Bouncer? said:
i'm a stan cuz i say LBJ > KOBE? gtfoh f**got.

you missed the whole point of this thread, go back to page 1 and re-read everything. or better yet, just go back a page and read what williamh wrote, then proceed to k!ll yourself, b**ch.

This b**ch sounds upset. Get the sand outta your v*gina you d*ck mouth b**ch boy. Threadstarter and I discussed this and the s**t was squashed and then here comes lebrons bottom b**ch to the rescue. Learn to comprehend before you post next time you stupid f**k. You should have been swallowed you worthless pathetic piece of s**t.

Last edited by Knowledgeable; 03-07-2010 at 12:26 PM..
 8 years ago '09        #130
space
space
 AbsLikeJesus said:

Exactly fam. You knew what I meant and was talking about and the s**t was deaded. Then you got f**gots wo get butthurt posting bulls**t the day after cause they got sand up there v*gina holes.
 03-07-2010, 12:26 PM         #131
AbsLikeJesus  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NnAiTnAjSa317 said:
Him winning one will change some people's minds is my point. Making a thread on Boxden posting a bunch of stats that this guy is expected to have isn't changing anyone's mind. I want to see him win it all. I will have nothing more to say when[if] this happens.
Oh word, I got you. I see what you're saying. I wasn't planning on completely convincing all of his doubters, only the few that believe he is terrible in the clutch or something. I agree if he wins the championship then the heads will start to turn more, though.
 03-07-2010, 12:30 PM         #132
Rynoh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NnAiTnAjSa317 said:
The thread is just proving a point, it's not trying to convince anyone. You'll have more success at converting the Pope into a muslim than you will at trying to convince BXSC members.

But with that said, you and alot of others just want to see him get a ring... I hope it's sooner than later, because it's just a matter of when.
 8 years ago '06        #133
Bouncer 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$17,899 | Props total: 1212 1212
 Knowledgeable said:
This b**ch sounds upset. Get the sand outta your v*gina you d*ck mouth b**ch boy. Threadstarter and I discussed this and the s**t was squashed and then here comes lebrons bottom b**ch to the rescue. Learn to comprehend before you post next time you stupid f**k. You should have been swallowed you worthless pathetic piece of s**t.

you mad?
 8 years ago '08        #134
illmatic_kid 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,833 | Props total: 309 309
 NnAiTnAjSa317 said:
 Knowledgeable said:

8 years ago '07        #135
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10059 10059
 AbsLikeJesus said:
Ok let me try to put it this way:

Getting called for a foul and shooting FT's DOES NOT count in this stat because it isn't a FG.

Kicking it out to a team mate obviously doesn't count as a field goal for the passer. So how does your post make sense? You just said "u dont feel helpless its either the ref makes a call or he kicks out to a teammate" But HOW can you say that? He had 25 of those FG's at the time that stat came out. You are basically saying LeBron doesn't score when it's a one possession game with 24 seconds left and yet the whole thread is about how he is leading the league in that category.

It's not a wack stat because yeah I'm sure Shaq would lead the league in that during his prime, but he is the most dominant center of all time He would literally dunk on everyone and there was pretty much nothing you could do about it. LeBron isn't dunking on anyone in those final possessions, I can only remember two and that was in the play offs against the Pistons when he scored 29 straight and against the Celtics when he dropped 47.
my point was that its alot easier for him to get those layups cuz they dont wanna leave players open and dont wanna get a foul in that situation....damn u jus slow as hell
 8 years ago '07        #136
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10059 10059
yo jus go to the bottom of page 5 i k!lled his whole argument in another thread and he wont even argue it cuz he agreed wit me and thought i was lyin when i pulled my own stats
 8 years ago '06        #137
JOHNSNAKE06 
space
space
space
$1,359 | Props total: 553 553
[QUOTE=WilliamHBonnie;15528079]This thread wasn't made for LeBron. You sound very angry.

Teh f**k? Yes he does, it's Mo Williams and Z that didn't come to play against Orlando. LeBron even had a GW against them in game 2. If you think Kobe carries that stacked team all by himself you're smoking crack. Odom, Bynum, Gasol, Fisher, ARIZA even have bailed him out so many times it's ridiculous.

LeBron has been bailed out in the playoffs too, but to say he doesn't show up is IGNORANT as f**k.

Hardly. He defended himself with EXTREME intelligence and never diverted away from the topic. It's safe to say he won.

LeBron has a k!ller instinct. He goes 110% every game and wants to win. That's why he has the Cavs dominating the league this year, and last, and had a good record the last 5 years.

Amen. LeBron can be considered clutch. I mean, he owns the s**t out of Kobe practically every time they meet.

Damon Jones or Daniel Gibson.

Not in one possession games when the games on the line.

One possession in the final 24 seconds is pretty clear cut... it doesn't need the rest of those numbers because that's not what the stat is proving.

Find me that stat pronto.

Isn't this the TRUTH... if it were Kobe at the top of the list, let alone #4, the BXSC would NEVER hear the end of it.

I know you're asking him, but NOW I would feel just as comfortable with LeBron at least possessing the ball on the last play, not necessarily shooting, but he will make a play.

:applause: ...and luckily he's had some FINE supporting casts that include = Shag in his prime, Big Shot Bob, and a clutch Derek Fisher. :)

Not with the stupidest comparison in a signature TO DATE.

Post, link?[/QUOTE

every one possession isn't the same, so to try and compare them equally isn't possible. If a team has no timeouts and have to inbound the ball from under their own basket with 1 second on the clock, "clutch" or "killer instinct" isn't the determining factor of the outcome. Luck is. A play with 24 seconds, a timeout, and the ball inbounded at half court gives a player options. Now his ability or the other teams ability to stop him is the determining factor. These two scenarios are completely different, yet the stat sheet only shows made or missed field goal. If the player in the first scenario makes or misses the shot doesn't prove or disprove his "clutch". It is unreasonable to expect him to make that play. The player in the second scenario has a chance to prove his ability in clutch situations. Variables like time, timeouts, fouls to give, the area of the court the player has the ball, the other teams defensive philosophy all play a part in team strategy on both sides of the ball, which affects the outcome. Just showing a stat of missed and made shots can't prove a players intangible attributes. Stats can't tell the entire story.
 03-07-2010, 03:38 PM         #138
AbsLikeJesus  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cambury said:
my point was that its alot easier for him to get those layups cuz they dont wanna leave players open and dont wanna get a foul in that situation....damn u jus slow as hell

Hope you aren't serious. You're saying the only reason LeBron is number 1 is because everyone would rather HIM shoot than him pass the ball to Daniel Gibson or Anthony Parker? Why wouldn't they want to get a foul? This is basic basketball 101, you ALWAYS foul the player first before letting him get the lay up. You make him earn those points 1 by 1 at the free throw line rather than getting a free lay up. But you knew that already, you were just shaking things in any way possible to go against LeBron. And you are also saying that ALL of LeBron's last second points are lay ups? ...

Ahh man if this is a serious post then I'll make sure never to reply to one of your threads in the future

To JOHNSNAKE06- Are you insinuating that ALL of LeBron's last second points come from plays with 20+ seconds left and ALL of Kobe's come from plays with less than 5 seconds left? What if all of LeBron's were with 5 seconds left and all of Kobe's were with 20 seconds left? What if both were with 20 seconds left? What if both were 5 seconds left?

Can we all stop and take in what these dudes are saying? Is that really what you guys are using to try to downtalk LeBron's last second statistics?
 8 years ago '06        #139
JOHNSNAKE06 
space
space
space
$1,359 | Props total: 553 553
 AbsLikeJesus said:

Hope you aren't serious. You're saying the only reason LeBron is number 1 is because everyone would rather HIM shoot than him pass the ball to Daniel Gibson or Anthony Parker? Why wouldn't they want to get a foul? This is basic basketball 101, you ALWAYS foul the player first before letting him get the lay up. You make him earn those points 1 by 1 at the free throw line rather than getting a free lay up. But you knew that already, you were just shaking things in any way possible to go against LeBron. And you are also saying that ALL of LeBron's last second points are lay ups? ...

Ahh man if this is a serious post then I'll make sure never to reply to one of your threads in the future

To JOHNSNAKE06- Are you insinuating that ALL of LeBron's last second points come from plays with 20+ seconds left and ALL of Kobe's come from plays with less than 5 seconds left? What if all of LeBron's were with 5 seconds left and all of Kobe's were with 20 seconds left? What if both were with 20 seconds left? What if both were 5 seconds left?

Can we all stop and take in what these dudes are saying? Is that really what you guys are using to try to downtalk LeBron's last second statistics?

What I'm saying is, we don't know just by looking at the stats, so the stats can't accurately gauge "clutch" play. I am not downplaying Lebron's stats, I agreed with you that he isn't as bad as some people are saying, but the stats that you posted can't prove or disprove anything. In order for a stat to accurately compare an intangible attribute, all things have to be equal in every case. We all know that every possession has a life of it's own. There are too many variables for one general stat to prove your argument. My argument isn't with Lebron's stats, it's with using stats and stats only to try and prove a player's abilities.
 8 years ago '04        #140
Prodigy 36 heat pts36
space
space
$9,152 | Props total: 1 1
do people even watch games? dumbasses don't see how many times Bron shoots a terrible 3 in a 2 point game with like a minute left... and he RARELY hits them
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
27 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
278 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
132 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
56 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
91 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy