Steph Kegels
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
20 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
98 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
228 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-06-2010, 05:37 PM         #81
AbsLikeJesus  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 IAmazeMyself said:
"sneekas k!lled me on my own thread" - AbsLikeJesus
I think this is the 5th post where you tried to get a rise out of me. You should probably stop now, I don't think I'm ever going to get mad from something you would say to me
 8 years ago '09        #82
WiLL 17 heat pts17
space
space
$9,927 | Props total: 192 192
 sneekas said:
im not a fan...rite.
im not
i lived in cleveland for 21 years and had no idea we had an nba team til lebron was given to us
u caught me.

now i must go make a new screen name and get my identity back.

i didnt say kobe wud hit every time dumbnuts.."DONT U KNO HOW TO READ"
i sed 4/5.....in my book...thats not "every" time.

im not bashing him...its the truth.
lebron is un human like on the court.
but wen it comes down to clutchness between him and kobe
kobe is better than lebron.

u should go to my profile and read my posts be4 u reply. u mite learn sumthin
and i really dont care bout lebron...hes immature.
the REAL mvp of our team is gunna sign with us in a couple weeks (that wud b Z)
lebron has no heart, soul and desire like Z does.

lebron tells the media hes not answering any more questions bout free agency..then he wears shoes with knicks logo on em?
get the f**k outta here and go suck lebron with javon be4 tonites game.

[pic - click to view]

:dancingcool:
 8 years ago '06        #83
JOHNSNAKE06 
space
space
space
$1,360 | Props total: 557 557
 AbsLikeJesus said:
Yo dog let me break it down for you as simple as possible:

It DOES take into account how many seconds are left- its a 24 second limit. I guess you just didn't read the original post, maybe you saw the big bolded numbers "25" and "24" and saw Kobe lost in something so you spoke up? Next time read.

It doesn't matter who has the lead, that situation is clutch either way, it's one possession

It doesn't matter what the difference is, clutch is clutch. If you're down by 1 point or 2 points, you need to hit a shot either way. If I am down 2 and hit a shot and i tie it, does that make me less clutch than someone who is down 1 and hits a shot and wins? Damn just accept the stats and get over it.

It DOES take into account players drawing fouls, thats why that list is for FIELD GOALS only. If you got fouled and hit FT, they don't show it on that list. This is just for FG's aka shots you set up yourself.

What the f**k does it matter where they catch the ball? Jesus christ.
It's within 24 seconds which could be anywhere from .3 seconds to 24 seconds. If a player receives the ball with 2 seconds on the clock at half court his chances of making the shot is considerably less than if he got the ball with 6 seconds on the clock at the 3 pt line. It also doesn't take into account who has the lead, or if the game is tied. The time and score dictates strategy, and how many options you have. As I said there are too many variables to determine what's what. And just field goals don't tell the whole story, drawing fouls and making free throws are a part of being "clutch", stats don't tell the entire story. So, as I said, stats can't accurately quantify an intangible attribute.
 8 years ago '06        #84
JOHNSNAKE06 
space
space
space
And I never said anything about Lebron, Kobe or any other player being better or worse than another. My point is that by trying to use stats only to determine a player's worth or abilities you a.ssume that all things are equal for every player, which is a flawed method. For instance, John Hollinger's PER stat is used by some to say player A is better than player B, but by Hollinger's PER, Greg Oden is a top 10 player, and Kevin Love is better than Josh Smith, Steve Nash, Brandon Roy, Chauncey Billups, Deron Williams, Rajon Rondo and several other all-star caliber players. Despite what Jay-Z, and now everyone else want's to say, numbers can lie and can be manipulated to tell half truths.

Last edited by JOHNSNAKE06; 03-06-2010 at 07:32 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #85
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
From the thread about Larry Bird's comments on Lebron James being better than them...
Originally Posted by Cambury View Post

anyone sayin a man who had 8 turnovers in da 4th quarter and OT in a conference finals game decided by 3 points has k!ller instinct is a world class idiot
Originally Posted by AbsLikeJesus View Post

Turnovers have nothing to do with k!llER INSTINCT. Maybe if he got them in the final minutes, sure, but he got them over 5 periods. Haters gonna hate, though.

And who are you trying to convince? Us or yourself?
MY RESPONSE

u like my girl right now so worked up ova this u aint thinkin straight...did u read wat I wrote?! 8 turnovers in da 4th Quarter and OT not ova the course of the game...dude he blew it not to mention game 4 he let Rafer Alston who he decided to guard score like 24 points missin only like 4 shots and don't tell me he wasn't guarding him cuz he did Skip even went up his chest 1 on 1 on a fast break
since this is a fact we can just CLOSE THE THREAD

:owned:

u need to just :celebrate11:
 03-06-2010, 10:16 PM         #86
AbsLikeJesus  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sorry what?^ (To the guy right above me)

Oh I guess that makes LeBron not have k!ller instinct? One game where he had 8 turnovers? Please, you'll have to work harder than that to convince anyone.

EVERYONE READ BELOW

I didn't want this to turn into a Kobe vs. LeBron debate because I am a fan of both. I simply wanted to show that LeBron has more FG's made in the final 24 seconds of a one possession game, that's all. Everyone has Kobe high on being clutch and there are still people that think LeBron ISN'T clutch at all like certain posters in this thread. Which, quite honestly, is pretty ignorant. This statistic was shown just to prove to the largest of haters and doubters that LeBron isn't a terrible player in the clutch and that he is above average. Does this make him the best? No. Does this make him the clutchest? No. Does this make him MORE clutch than Kobe? Not necessarily. It's just something to show that the biggest doubters are very wrong.
 03-06-2010, 10:21 PM         #87
IAmazeMyself  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Throwing in the towel because you've already taken enough of a beaten.
 03-06-2010, 10:24 PM         #88
AbsLikeJesus  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Who took a beating? Only L I took was calling sneekas non-cavs fan. That didn't even have anything to do with the thread.

Meanwhile YOU called LeBron a "phoney pus*y". How mad does LeBron have you? lol, can't imagine being so mad at an athlete, I guess life is tough though.
 03-06-2010, 10:25 PM         #89
IAmazeMyself  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't want to kick a man while hes down.
 03-06-2010, 10:31 PM         #90
AbsLikeJesus  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pahahahhahahahahahahha YOU DIDN'T EVEN POST ANYTHING IN THIS THREAD. All you did was try to get a rise out of me I don't think I can get as mad you EVER, let alone on a message board about a basketball player and some kid behind a screen. Find a new hobby to post about
 03-06-2010, 10:34 PM         #91
IAmazeMyself  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You did use a whole lot of energy, those fingers must be hurting.
 8 years ago '06        #92
JOHNSNAKE06 
space
space
space
 AbsLikeJesus said:
Sorry what?^ (To the guy right above me)

Oh I guess that makes LeBron not have k!ller instinct? One game where he had 8 turnovers? Please, you'll have to work harder than that to convince anyone.

EVERYONE READ BELOW

I didn't want this to turn into a Kobe vs. LeBron debate because I am a fan of both. I simply wanted to show that LeBron has more FG's made in the final 24 seconds of a one possession game, that's all. Everyone has Kobe high on being clutch and there are still people that think LeBron ISN'T clutch at all like certain posters in this thread. Which, quite honestly, is pretty ignorant. This statistic was shown just to prove to the largest of haters and doubters that LeBron isn't a terrible player in the clutch and that he is above average. Does this make him the best? No. Does this make him the clutchest? No. Does this make him MORE clutch than Kobe? Not necessarily. It's just something to show that the biggest doubters are very wrong.
"Killer instinct" and "clutch" are intangibles and you probably won't ever be able to change anyone's mind with a stat. "Killer instinct" is an inborn desire and/or ability to be ruthless and cold, it's an instinct, instincts are innate. You can't learn an instinct. That instinct is what makes some players "clutch". While Lebron has improved in late game situations, and isn't as bad as some people think, he doesn't have a k!ller instinct. He is not ruthless by nature. The stats that you posted lends credence to the idea that Lebron has improved, but can't fully prove or disprove your point. At times Lebron has shied away from big shots late in games, call it making the right play or being unselfish, but his instinct is not to k!ll. Lebron's instinct isn't to kick his opponent when they're down, or to crush or strangle them. Lebron is playful and likes to have fun and joke around, he isn't ruthless. Players like MJ, Reggie Miller and Kobe fully embrace an opportunity to bury an opponent, sometimes Lebron doesn't. This doesn't make Lebron any less of a player, it's just one of the ch*nks in his armor, no player is perfect.

Last edited by JOHNSNAKE06; 03-06-2010 at 11:14 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #93
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
this is wak cuz im sure from 98 to 03 if u checked 4thquarter statistics for the last 24 seconds shaq would lead in FG% and points....point is when Lebron has the ball u dont feel helpless its either the ref makes a call or he kicks out to a teammate
 03-06-2010, 11:27 PM         #94
AbsLikeJesus  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cambury said:
this is wak cuz im sure from 98 to 03 if u checked 4thquarter statistics for the last 24 seconds shaq would lead in FG% and points....point is when Lebron has the ball u dont feel helpless its either the ref makes a call or he kicks out to a teammate
Ok let me try to put it this way:

Getting called for a foul and shooting FT's DOES NOT count in this stat because it isn't a FG.

Kicking it out to a team mate obviously doesn't count as a field goal for the passer. So how does your post make sense? You just said "u dont feel helpless its either the ref makes a call or he kicks out to a teammate" But HOW can you say that? He had 25 of those FG's at the time that stat came out. You are basically saying LeBron doesn't score when it's a one possession game with 24 seconds left and yet the whole thread is about how he is leading the league in that category.

It's not a wack stat because yeah I'm sure Shaq would lead the league in that during his prime, but he is the most dominant center of all time He would literally dunk on everyone and there was pretty much nothing you could do about it. LeBron isn't dunking on anyone in those final possessions, I can only remember two and that was in the play offs against the Pistons when he scored 29 straight and against the Celtics when he dropped 47.
 8 years ago '09        #95
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,183 | Props total: 24 24
Killer Instinct =/= Clutch

Dumb n*ggas relying on stats to determine if someone has a k!ller instinct
 03-06-2010, 11:56 PM         #96
IAmazeMyself  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheG1ftedOne said:

[pic - click to view]

What did you bet today.
 03-06-2010, 11:59 PM         #97
AbsLikeJesus  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheG1ftedOne said:

Nah you don't even know what the thread is about. People were saying earlier that LeBron ISN'T CLUTCH AT ALL. All I did was show that obviously that was wrong. Didn't use these stats as a detriment for k!ller instincts.

Again, why are people just skimming through the thread and posting in it at the end as if they know whats going on and they're the ones who understand basketball? lol
 03-07-2010, 12:03 AM         #98
AbsLikeJesus  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheseNutsBich said:
I wouldn't waste my time with that f**got a.ss n*gga...he has way to much time on his hands and takes the internet way to serious, I would pay some good money to punch him in his mouth and send his jaw into orbit.
Truuuueee. I just came to the sports section first time today I didn't realize. Good looking out
 8 years ago '05        #99
circleinsidebox 
space
space
$1,701 | Props total: 0 0
 stillers09 said:
vince carter on that list makes the stat misleading
you must have just started watching basketball

vc was the #1 option and carried the raptors for many years
 03-07-2010, 12:04 AM         #100
IAmazeMyself  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheseNutsBich said:
I wouldn't waste my time with that f**got a.ss n*gga...he has way to much time on his hands and takes the internet way to serious, I would pay some good money to punch him in his mouth and send his jaw into orbit.
You = An uneducated dumb piece of s**t who brags about living on the 3rd floor. You're still bitter because i tried to talk sense into you that losing $200 wasn't the end of the world and you shouldn't be making suicide threats over it like "I'm a be on the news or some s**t if i lose more", and you took it the wrong way.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
59 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
joie chavis
34 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
8 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
58 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
192 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy