most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
68 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-06-2010, 10:42 PM         #21
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WilliamHBonnie said:
2/15 huh? But what actor or actress is better than that? 15 nods is f**kin' crazy.
I don't agree with their choices, I would have given her the Oscar for Deer Hunter and a few others, just pointing out that she is always nominated but rarely wins. I still think with all the females in business for their looks she is one of the few respectable actresses.
 8 years ago '05        #22
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,848 | Props total: 4149 4149
 thehogue... said:
Oh it will go to Bullock but I just didn't count out Steep its like 85/15 w/ me.
I swear, they just nominate her to fill in the missing spots in a slow year. I mean, if Meryl Streep walks outside and takes a crap on the sidewalk, she'll get an Oscar nomination.
 8 years ago '05        #23
itsallcalypso1 
space
space
space
$433 | Props total: 1 1
 DaOmega_1 said:
I swear, they just nominate her to fill in the missing spots in a slow year. I mean, if Meryl Streep walks outside and takes a crap on the sidewalk, she'll get an Oscar nomination.
But she pretty much deserves it every time she's nominated. And she should win this year as well. Her performance was more impressive than any of the other nominated actresses.
 8 years ago '09        #24
Ms Ambitious 249 heat pts249 OP
space
space
$8,395 | Props total: 7107 7107
 itsallcalypso1 said:
But she pretty much deserves it every time she's nominated. And she should win this year as well. Her performance was more impressive than any of the other nominated actresses.
Yeah I was going to say that everything I've seen her in, she k!lls that role. She's a very good actress. I seen her in Julie and Julia and it was like you were watching that lady that used to be on the cooking shows. She got her down to a T. It was a pretty good movie too.
 03-07-2010, 01:08 AM         #25
Rynoh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 smokeweed101. said:
I don't agree with their choices, I would have given her the Oscar for Deer Hunter and a few others, just pointing out that she is always nominated but rarely wins. I still think with all the females in business for their looks she is one of the few respectable actresses.
That doesn't answer my question, but I'm going to bet that she has had the most nods EVER in the history of the Academy Awards, and the most wins as well, or tied for the most.

I didn't google it cause I don't want to go on a link clicking scavenger hunt, so if anyone knows feel free to inform me.
 8 years ago '07        #26
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,797 | Props total: 14598 14598
 WilliamHBonnie said:
That doesn't answer my question, but I'm going to bet that she has had the most nods EVER in the history of the Academy Awards, and the most wins as well, or tied for the most.

I didn't google it cause I don't want to go on a link clicking scavenger hunt, so if anyone knows feel free to inform me.

Nominated 16 times and only winning twice is crazy .

Last edited by TH35; 03-07-2010 at 01:33 AM..
 8 years ago '09        #27
space
space
 thehogue... said:

Nominated 16 times and only winning twice is crazy .
Yeah that is crazy. I thought she got more. She was robbed for Devil Wears Prada too. That link you posted made me look at other stuff and it said that only 12 black people ever won academy awards for actual acting, but i'm not surprised. I didn't even think it was that many.
 03-07-2010, 02:10 AM         #28
Rynoh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jack Nicholson has the most all time wins with 3, but one was for best supporting actor.
 8 years ago '09        #29
space
space
 WilliamHBonnie said:
Jack Nicholson has the most all time wins with 3, but one was for best supporting actor.
Naw I just read that when I was looking at the links and it's Katherine Hepburn with 4.
 8 years ago '07        #30
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 Ms Ambitious said:
Naw I just read that when I was looking at the links and it's Katherine Hepburn with 4.
Yup... they have all the facts here too

I always forget Lord of the Rings cashed out w/ 11 awards which is tied for the most w/ Titanic and Ben Hur. Ben Hur went 11/12. LOR went 11/11.

Last edited by TH35; 03-07-2010 at 02:31 AM..
 8 years ago '09        #31
space
space
 thehogue... said:
Yup... they have all the facts here too

I always forget Lord of the Rings cashed out w/ 11 awards which is tied for the most w/ Titanic and Ben Hur. Ben Hur went 11/12. LOR went 11/11.
Damn I looked at that link and I didn't know that Hitchcock never won any oscars for an actual movie.

Last edited by Ms Ambitious; 03-07-2010 at 02:56 AM..
 8 years ago '04        #32
IIBulletZ 9 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,022 | Props total: 126 126
I know it is kind of of topic but do they rip the Academy Awards so we can download to watch?
 8 years ago '05        #33
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
$20,294 | Props total: 2498 2498
the only thing avatar should win is Best Achievement in Visual Effects. i liked avatar but it ridiculous how many nominations it got.
 03-07-2010, 11:09 AM         #34
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WilliamHBonnie said:

Nowhere near most wins, most noms probably but Ingrid Bergman, Katherine Hepburn, Jack Nicholson, Walter Brennan have had 3 or more wins. Several have had at least 2 wins.
 03-07-2010, 11:11 AM         #35
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ms Ambitious said:
Damn I looked at that link and I didn't know that Hitchcock never won any oscars for an actual movie.
Yup, damn shame, only Rebecca won best picture and that was for the producer, plus it was a great movie but not Hitchcock's full vision.
 03-07-2010, 11:17 AM         #36
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WilliamHBonnie said:
He should have 5 or 6, Five Easy Pieces in 70, Last Detail in 73 (although Pacino is another good choice for Serpico), and A Few Good Men in 92. The Shining is arguable because DeNiro was on the money in Raging Bull, and Chinatown is arguable with Pacino in GFII (both lost)

Overall the academy doesn't know what they are doing, the nominees are usually better than the actual winners.
 8 years ago '09        #37
space
space
 IIBulletZ said:
I know it is kind of of topic but do they rip the Academy Awards so we can download to watch?
I'm not sure, but you mat be able to watch it online live. Try abc.com. I just read that cablevision took away abc. That's crazy that you can take a channel away that has been free for forever.
 03-07-2010, 11:56 AM         #38
Rynoh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 smokeweed101. said:
He should have 5 or 6, Five Easy Pieces in 70, Last Detail in 73 (although Pacino is another good choice for Serpico), and A Few Good Men in 92. The Shining is arguable because DeNiro was on the money in Raging Bull, and Chinatown is arguable with Pacino in GFII (both lost)

Overall the academy doesn't know what they are doing, the nominees are usually better than the actual winners.
I JUST saw Chinatown the other day. That movie was good as f**k and intense as f**k. I was really, really impressed.

Anyone else know any movies I'm maybe missing out on?
 03-07-2010, 12:10 PM         #39
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WilliamHBonnie said:
Anyone else know any movies I'm maybe missing out on?
How can I know without knowing what you haven't missed out on?
 8 years ago '07        #40
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 smokeweed101. said:

On the money.
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
79 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
73 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
51 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
67 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
191 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
118 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy