5th ring/2nd Finals MVP for Kobe this year: where would he rank all time?

most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
41 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
50 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
vida guerra
52 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
145 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Can Kobe catch number
Yes 14 63.64%
No 8 36.36%
Voters: 22. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 03-03-2010, 04:42 AM         #161
malikmoore9 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Shaq wouldnt have three rings without Kobe is more like it. I grant it Kobe played second fiddle to Shaq not because he didnt have the will or ability it was because Phil made it that way take for instance when Kobe went off for 40 points by the half in Memphis in 02 and Washington in 03 was allowed to play the third quarter reaching the 50 point mark and then Phil pulled back the reigns and benched him in the fourth so it wouldnt look like he was trying to outshine diesel. If Kobe was given half the stage that Lebron has been given we probably wouldnt even know who Jordan was. He played six of his seasons as either bench mate or six man. And when it came down to the tough western conference matchups in the playoffs it was Kobe that Shaq looked to to get them to the finals so he could be finals MVP. I remember on many occasions commentators recognizing Kobes efforts to get them to the finals as the real MVP performances. So I guess it can be said that neither shaq or Kobe deserve the three rings they have together cause neither one would have one without each other.

Last edited by malikmoore9; 03-03-2010 at 04:43 AM..
 8 years ago '09        #162
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,168 | Props total: 22626 22626
 Main Event said:
And im saying he's still below Shaq because right now there main 3 feats Shaq has the advantage because he was the more important piece in the 3 peat...Now if he goes out next year wins an MVP and another ring ill have no problem putting him over Shaq but 5 and 2 still is not enough...And really he might not even get 5 and 2 this year
IDK why anyone is arguing with you about that. Putting Kobe over Shaq on the all-time list is sooo f**king ridiculous, especially for a Laker fan. This n*gga should know better, and know his history.
 8 years ago '04        #163
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
Can we go a day without a Kobe thread? Just one day?
 8 years ago '04        #164
aldo 
space
space
space
$344 | Props total: 0 0
@ this thread. Let me try to make sense of this. Do people really believe that Kobe>>>Shaq? I mean seriously? Shaq was the most dominant force in the L since he stepped foot in the NBA. And to the fool saying he played against whack centers lol...Shaq has been dominating for a while in case you havn't noticed, plus he played against real centers (Robinson, Ewing, Hakeem), it's not 3 centers in the league right now as good as those lol. And please let's not forget that FOR 3 YEARS AFTER SHAQ LEFT, KOBE NEVER GOT OUT THE FIRST ROUND (including missing the playoffs that first year) until PAU GASOL SHOWED UP LOL. I can pretty much can guarantee that if you took Kobe off that team and replaced him with Shaq, with Shaq having Butler & Odom, you think they would miss the playoffs? LMAO. Penny did nothing after Shaq left and Wade has done nothing since Shaq left. I don't understand why niccas underestimate the value of a dominant big man (Shaq) or a semi-dominant/highly skilled (Gasol) big man. Kobe is that dude, but Shaq, Duncan, Jordan>>>Kobe no matter what Kobe does from here on out lol.
 8 years ago '06        #165
teh truth 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,186 | Props total: 38 38
kobe gets a 2peat this year he will be mentioned wit Mj not that he is already jus saying

kobes legacy is now wether he wants to be the goat with mike n if he fails then hes jus the Magics the Birds n so on
 8 years ago '06        #166
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
Kobe still has work to do.
 8 years ago '05        #167
TheT 21 heat pts21
space
space
$16,915 | Props total: 719 719
 Main Event said:
All you did was show how dominant Shaq was because you just said averaging 27 and 11was considered taming him...And no Kobe wasnt the best 2 guard sorry to break it to some people and it might cause a stir but Allen Iverson was the best 2 guard in the NBA during the 3peat...And stop it with the 3 rings before 24 because yes Kobe got his points but are you serious though Kobe played WITH THE MOST DOMINANT FORCE IN THE NBA SINCE WILT

Ill continue this tomorrow a n*gga needs some sleep
 8 years ago '04        #168
dre03 
space
space
$10,173 | Props total: 2452 2452
 malikmoore9 said:
See this proves my point people on BX are lunatics Big ben and Rasheed proved quite well that Shaq could be tamed. He just was playing a bunch of nobodies in the three peat runs If it wasnt for D wade in Miami F**king Dampier would have made a fool out of Shaq. And Kobe wasnt the best sg in the league at the time if he wasnt who was. No one played offense and defense like Kobe during those runs. I give it to you there were many who scored more than he did but he played some hellafied defense. To everyone else he was too young to carry the torch hell he won three championships before turning 24
This proves that losing blurs you from reality... Shaq was dominating that series Kobe just wouldnt give him the ball... Kobe shot the ball 113 times in 5 games... Shaq only shot the ball 84 times... Shaq was scoring at a 63% clip which was a Finals high for him... He was having his best Finals to date... In the 02 Finals he shot the ball 84 times in 4 games... The 01 Finals 110 in 5 games and the 00 finals 150 times in 6 games...

Shaq was scoring on the the Wallace's easier than his previous opponents... It was Kobe who cost them that series with his arrogance and horrible play... Not Shaq...
 8 years ago '06        #169
Bouncer 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$17,903 | Props total: 1213 1213
wow @ all this kobe s**t.

n*gga ain't s**t.

he would only be on his 2nd ring if it wasn't for shaq, and some of u n*ggaz still tryna act like he's above the diesel...

still tho... THE KING > PINK MAMBA
 8 years ago '04        #170
dre03 
space
space
 malikmoore9 said:
Shaq wouldnt have three rings without Kobe is more like it. I grant it Kobe played second fiddle to Shaq not because he didnt have the will or ability it was because Phil made it that way take for instance when Kobe went off for 40 points by the half in Memphis in 02 and Washington in 03 was allowed to play the third quarter reaching the 50 point mark and then Phil pulled back the reigns and benched him in the fourth so it wouldnt look like he was trying to outshine diesel. If Kobe was given half the stage that Lebron has been given we probably wouldnt even know who Jordan was. He played six of his seasons as either bench mate or six man. And when it came down to the tough western conference matchups in the playoffs it was Kobe that Shaq looked to to get them to the finals so he could be finals MVP. I remember on many occasions commentators recognizing Kobes efforts to get them to the finals as the real MVP performances. So I guess it can be said that neither shaq or Kobe deserve the three rings they have together cause neither one would have one without each other.
No it wasnt the two years Kobe took on the lead role for the Lakers was the years they lost... The two years Kobe led the team in scoring was the years they lost...

8 years ago '07        #171
Mr. Moses 
space
space
$4,418 | Props total: 6 6
Shaq would sure as s**t would have gotten his 3 rings with Eddie Jones as his two guard and Phil as his coach.
 8 years ago '04        #172
dre03 
space
space
 teh truth said:
kobe gets a 2peat this year he will be mentioned wit Mj not that he is already jus saying

kobes legacy is now wether he wants to be the goat with mike n if he fails then hes jus the Magics the Birds n so on
He has already played the same amount of years as Mike and hasnt even accomplished half of what Mike has when you add up all the records, titles and awards...

How on earth could he possibly accomplish more than Jordan?? I dont care if Kobe plays for 25 seasons... He has already shown in the same amount of time as Jordan he didnt accomplish as much so the case should already be closed for Kobe to ever be higher than #3...

I say 3 because Magic accomplished all his awards, titles and records in 12 seasons... Both of those players accomplished more than Kobe on every level in the same amount of years... It doesnt matter what Kobe accomplishes after that when it comes to those two now... He can only be 3rd best point blank
 8 years ago '06        #173
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$29,029 | Props total: 10695 10695
i'd prob put him 8th...right now i got him 11th but could put him 10th over hakeem...a lot of debateable guys around the 10 spot.If he wins another chip and gets mvp i'd put him over dunca but he'd still be behind jordan,magic,russell,wilt,bird,robertson,kareem,an d shaq

what people have to realize is how f**kin beast shaw was in his prime.The only man who could ever really handle him was hakeem.Also when u look at russell,wilt,kareem,robertson,and shaq they can go in any order.I have shaq behind them all but at the same time i can see shaw handlin all of them...kobe isn't even debateable with those guys yet
 8 years ago '08        #174
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,741 | Props total: 11629 11629
 TheT said:
You think Kobe is better than Jordan so you really shouldnt be laughing
 8 years ago '04        #175
dre03 
space
space
 Main Event said:
You think Kobe is better than Jordan so you really shouldnt be laughing

Im sure he is not older than 16
 8 years ago '06        #176
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
 dre03 said:
He has already played the same amount of years as Mike and hasnt even accomplished half of what Mike has when you add up all the records, titles and awards...

How on earth could he possibly accomplish more than Jordan?? I dont care if Kobe plays for 25 seasons... He has already shown in the same amount of time as Jordan he didnt accomplish as much so the case should already be closed for Kobe to ever be higher than #3...

I say 3 because Magic accomplished all his awards, titles and records in 12 seasons... Both of those players accomplished more than Kobe on every level in the same amount of years... It doesnt matter what Kobe accomplishes after that when it comes to those two now... He can only be 3rd best point blank
That doesn't make sense. So you're going to penalize him because he will have played in the league longer? The fact that he is that durable should hold weight especially if he's able to maintain the level of play and win while doing so. Its not his fault that those guys made an early exit. What kind of logic is that? And who made that 12 twelve season rule by the way?
 8 years ago '06        #177
Bouncer 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
 MrTripleDouble said:
Thanks to Shaq hence the finals MVP. Kobe was lucky enough to be on the team at that time. If Shaq wasn't on the Lakers Kobe would not have 3 rings. Kobe should call Shaq everyday and thank him for giving his stans the only comeback that has only been beaten more than a dead horse. "Kobe has rings naanaaanananaaaaa"

Shaq know what it is

[pic - click to view]

this n*gga always speakin' the truth!! f**k kobe n*ggaz...:agreement6:
 8 years ago '06        #178
Bouncer 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
 hood135 said:
That doesn't make sense. So you're going to penalize him because he will have played in the league longer? The fact that he is that durable should hold weight especially if he's able to maintain the level of play and win while doing so. Its not his fault that those guys made an early exit. What kind of logic is that? And who made that 12 twelve season rule by the way?
actually it makes a lot of sense...
 8 years ago '06        #179
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
 Bouncer? said:
actually it makes a lot of sense...
How?
 8 years ago '04        #180
dre03 
space
space
 hood135 said:
WTF?? Punish him for playing longer??? did u hear yourself... Im sure if i played in the league 50 years i could own every record known to man that doesnt make me better than the people who did it in less time

So with your logic accomplishing the same thing in more time is better than accomplishing it in shorter time???

If i can build a house in 10 days but its takes you 20 days to build the same house then does that make us equal cuz we both accomplished the same thing even though it took you longer... No that makes me the better builder

With your logic thats waht ur saying... It doesnt matter how long it takes as long as at the end they accomplished the same thing... So a n*gga that gets a degree in 2 years is equal to a n*gga that took 7 years to get the same degree at the same school..

Of course if you play longer you can accomplish more... But if it takes you longer to accomplish the same thing as somebody else how is that better or even equal...

Last edited by dre03; 03-03-2010 at 11:41 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
95 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
126 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
82 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
58 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
178 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy