5th ring/2nd Finals MVP for Kobe this year: where would he rank all time?

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
17 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
203 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
86 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Can Kobe catch number
Yes 14 63.64%
No 8 36.36%
Voters: 22. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #81
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,970 | Props total: 10614 10614
 demon9991 said:
unfortunately Camby/Wallace stole a couple of those from Timmy, he doesn't have one DPOY
ur right...not sure what i was thinkin
 12-20-2009, 11:11 PM         #82
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 flystylez said:
you just proved you're a dumbass...

if the team is watered down...did duncan not make those same teams??

just keep your comments to yourself. all said was duncan doesn't have to carry the load.
unlike kobe..he has to. that's all i was saying

and if you didn't like the thread..why you on it???..once again....dumbass smh:
up until 2007 Duncan was the main focus offensively/defensively, Parker took over for a year and now Duncan is back again carrying the load for the Spurs this season.
 8 years ago '06        #83
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 flystylez said:
you gotta remember kobe came off the bench his first 2 seasons.
so i think his scoring avg could have been alil higher
come on cus lol
 8 years ago '06        #84
jj01 
space
space
$44,940 | Props total: 4623 4623
 flystylez said:
you just proved you're a dumbass...

if the team is watered down...did duncan not make those same teams??

just keep your comments to yourself. all said was duncan doesn't have to carry the load.
unlike kobe..he has to. that's all i was saying

and if you didn't like the thread..why you on it???..once again....dumbass smh:

im talkin about the last few years which ur obviously basing kobe's "excellent" defense on, duncan doesnt need these ridiculous awards based on popularity because the teams stats on the defensive end prove it. how does bean have to carry the load when shaq put up 30 and 12 every nite while being the most dominant ever and winning 3 straight finals mvps?

also stern and the refs helped carry that load as well which has already been confirmed.

anything else jr?
 8 years ago '09        #85
flystylez 1 heat pts OP
space
space
$361 | Props total: 10 10
 demon9991 said:
up until 2007 Duncan was the main focus offensively/defensively, Parker took over for a year and now Duncan is back again carrying the load for the Spurs this season.
you can't forget about manu...
 12-20-2009, 11:14 PM         #86
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 flystylez said:
Ginobili was never the #1 option, Tony was for a season.
 8 years ago '06        #87
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
s**t i'm goin to bed...i'm sure thread will get flooded with people ignorig everything postin and keyin on sayin duncan had a dpoy lol
 8 years ago '06        #88
jj01 
space
space
$44,940 | Props total: 4623 4623
 flystylez said:

manu was a spare role player until 05, and even then in the finals duncan was more consistent. manu has hurt us more by being injured the last few years after the last ring.
 8 years ago '09        #89
flystylez 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 jj01 said:
im talkin about the last few years which ur obviously basing kobe's "excellent" defense on, duncan doesnt need these ridiculous awards based on popularity because the teams stats on the defensive end prove it. how does bean have to carry the load when shaq put up 30 and 12 every nite while being the most dominant ever and winning 3 straight finals mvps?

also stern and the refs helped carry that load as well which has already been confirmed.

anything else jr?
...when did i say that. i said duncan doesn't have to carry the load...kobe does.(i hate having to repeat myself)
and if you make the team 9x that says something..whether you agree or not.. they voted him in.....we tlkin post shaq.. but if you wanna tlk it that far back. i swore it was kobe taking those final shots..whether he made em or not.
 8 years ago '09        #90
flystylez 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 jj01 said:
manu was a spare role player until 05, and even then in the finals duncan was more consistent. manu has hurt us more by being injured the last few years after the last ring.
manu came up big when it counted..always during post season play...if you say up til 05. that means he was a big role in 05 and 07 champ. but this isn't about duncan or shaq or whoever
 12-20-2009, 11:18 PM         #91
Stayburnin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he needs at least 6 and maybe 1 more mvp. stop sayin that this era is harder to play in then before. yes this era has more athletic and talented players but did you watch basketball in the 90s man. when jordan came in the league u were allowed to hand check n*ggas with two hands. then they changed it to one hand. you know how much harder even one hand makes it to drive. thats how we still play street ball when n*ggas drive u just kinda push them back out with your forearm but nowadays in the nba you are not allowed to hand check at all. they call fouls over touchin the player at times.

defenses were so much more physical back in the day. just do this, look at kobes 81 point game and look at all his points. he didnt do anything crazy to get to the basket just a simple crossover and he was in there. obviously he played remarkable that game but if you remember the defense it was awful. these days noone is allowed to put a hand on u and that just makes it a lot easier. people just drive to the basket with such ease these days. teams be scorin over a 100 points on average, back in the day 100 was a big number now its an everyday thing.
 8 years ago '04        #92
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
With 5&2, he'll be in the Bird/Oscar top 4-7 discussion IMO.
 8 years ago '04        #93
notoriousthugzz 41 heat pts41
space
space
$18,832 | Props total: 1993 1993
 TheT said:
Go on google and type "Kobe greatest of all time" and watch how many results you get.

Kobe = GOAT :applause:
you must be like 17
 8 years ago '09        #94
flystylez 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 Gattsau said:
@ youtube videos. I swear your like 15 and never watched a game. shaq avg'd 38 and dam near 17 rpg. kobe avgd 15 ppg. da fuk u talking about?

and duncan carried the scoring load alot for the spurs and is the reason his teammates get so many open looks.
smh.......that's all imma say that post.
 8 years ago '04        #95
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
in all fairness, you guys are both idiots..
 8 years ago '09        #96
flystylez 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 Gattsau said:
of course you have no arguement and have gotten sonned horribly in this thread.

now
.......dog this must be your life. i threw the thread for a debate. i'm just tired of going back and forth. if you disagree it's all good. if you agree it's all good. but YOU went way out the way.
 8 years ago '06        #97
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,631 | Props total: 8557 8557
It doesn't matter who played in this era or MJ era nobody in L can guard Kobe just like nobdy can guard MJ individually.

In the MJ era he kept a championship team together for six rings and Kobe didn't.

Both are the greatest two scorers in NBA history everybody already knows this.

My opinion there is nothing MJ can do that Kobe can't.

MJ is the greatest is career speaks for its self

Last edited by marcusaka50; 12-20-2009 at 11:47 PM..
 8 years ago '09        #98
flystylez 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 akademiks said:
in all fairness, you guys are both idiots..
 8 years ago '08        #99
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,888 | Props total: 3 3
7 rings will do it imo. But they have to be in a row. Meaning, he has to win these next three, beating boston, cleveland (lebron), and whoever. And he has to get MVP each of these next three seasons...
 8 years ago '04        #100
iMaGrOWNassMAN! 
space
space
$3,543 | Props total: 0 0
 paidNfull said:
lmao @ Jordan having Byron Russell or John Stockton guarding him, Kobe would destroyed them cats

lol at Kobe having Courtney Lee and Pietrus guarding him. Jordan woulda destroyed them cats. As well as Raja Bell, Kevin Ollie, Richard Jefferson, Aaron McKie and whoever else guarded Kobe.
See how that works?

As much as I respect Kobe, I swear n*ggaz on Boxden and ESPN make me hate that damn dude.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
43 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
81 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
67 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
48 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
62 comments
21 hours ago