5th ring/2nd Finals MVP for Kobe this year: where would he rank all time?

most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
76 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
59 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Can Kobe catch number
Yes 14 63.64%
No 8 36.36%
Voters: 22. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '09        #61
flystylez 1 heat pts OP
space
space
$361 | Props total: 10 10
 Gattsau said:
you said duncan neverwon without a great guard. proved that wrong didnt I. and why do u keep rambling on about the guards shaq had. noone disputed that retard. But shaq was by far the most important players on those championship teams. Basic logic flys over your head I see.

nope if he is lucky enough to win one more it doesnt put him up there with jordan. jordan want 6 for 6. all his rings he won as the best player on his team. kobe won all of 1 .
naw..shaq wasn't the major role in his 4 rings

that first ring..kobe took over the finals...i remember that one clearly

his last ring..wade won mvp

my point on duncan..he's had a great cast his career.. he doesn't have to carry his team

now kobe has had great teams too..but there's been years he hasn't and...without kobe i don't think the lakers are feared as they are now

mj...he's the top dog..no contesting that

i'm just asking if kobeoes on to win another ring maybe 2 more. is he worthy for the goat tlk..that's all
 8 years ago '06        #62
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,973 | Props total: 10632 10632
f**k is kobe better then jordan...how can u say he's better then duncan?Same amount of chips,more mvps,more defensive player of the year awards,more finals mvps,more defensive first teams,more all nba first teams,better defensive player

i mean come on..better then mike?I can't even rank him higher then duncan

man i wish i could go on espn and debate some of these d*ckridin "experts" and put an end to this stupid s**t

guy defending kobe ; if kobe gets 1 more chip he's the greatest because it's harder in todays nba

guy defnding jordan : but mike has 6 rings

guy defnding kobe : he had pippen

guy defnding jordan : duhhhhhhhh....ummmmm....uhhhhh

*segment ends*

Last edited by philly337; 12-20-2009 at 10:54 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #63
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 thatruest said:
I keep hearing this Kobe-Shaq thing. Are we implying that MJ won all 6 championships by himself?. Lol. Kerr, Longley, Rodman, Pippen, Grant (decent), Kukoc (3 point shooter). Come on, the point will always be moot. Contradictions everywhere. They're both nasty. Leave it alone. You'll never be right. It's just an OPINION, never FACTUAL.
don't take things out of context..first of all most of those guys are bums but the point is jordan was the top guy with sidekicks with his chips.Shaq was the top dog on his team..kobe was the pippen not the jordan of the team
 8 years ago '09        #64
flystylez 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 Gattsau said:
da f**k u clearly dont remember it at all if u think kobe took over . Why do u keep talking about things you know nothing about?

i was talking about the laker teams

so your saying that without duncan the spurs would still be as feared? im confused...
why don't you youtube clips of the lakers v. pacers...and you'll see.

...duncan doesn't have to carry the scoring load for the squrs to win

and i'm talking about all of shaq's rings...
 8 years ago '06        #65
jj01 
space
space
$44,948 | Props total: 4668 4668
 flystylez said:
why don't you youtube clips of the lakers v. pacers...and you'll see.

...duncan doesn't have to carry the scoring load for the squrs to win

and i'm talking about all of shaq's rings...

because he was the anchor of one of the best defensive teams of the decade u idiot. he affected both sides more than bean did.
 8 years ago '04        #66
kb2602 
space
space
space
$1,115 | Props total: 28 28
smh tired tired tired debate, let mj be mj and kobe be kobe
mj got his resume and kobe got his
bottom line if kobe retired tommorrow homeboy is legendary and is in the top 10 to ever play
 8 years ago '06        #67
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 thatruest said:
Hypothetically, I'm sure if Shaq had been on a team with MJ the outlook would change slightly. Either way, it is what it is. I couldn't care less of either of their existence, they're irrelevant to me. It's basketball. You can't take somebody from the 90's and compare them to somebody that's playing now, it doesn't work like that.
and why can't u?U act like this is comparing now to the 60's or something.There are a lot of players still playing that was playin in the 90's.Not to mention jordan came back at almost 40 IN TODAYS NBA and could barely jump off the ground and still was puttin up 20 points,6-7 rebounds,4-5 a.ssists a game.Just shows that if it was the athletic mike in his prime he'd s**t all over this league
 8 years ago '09        #68
flystylez 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 jj01 said:
because he was the anchor of one of the best defensive teams of the decade u idiot. he affected both sides more than bean did.
.......where did you come from??? ...i could of sworn kobe is a 9x time all defensive team player.
 8 years ago '09        #69
flystylez 1 heat pts OP
space
space
i think some you(espy those who CAN'T READ) lost focus on the debate

it's a simple question

5rings and 2mvps..or more...is it enough for kobe to be in the goat tlk..if you feels he there. then cool. you feel he got alot more to do then cool. but all this other ish is pointless
 8 years ago '06        #70
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 flystylez said:
.......where did you come from??? ...i could of sworn kobe is a 9x time all defensive team player.
kobe is hardly a game changer on defense and hope ur not tryin to compare him to duncan who has DPOY awards to back up his defense
 8 years ago '06        #71
jj01 
space
space
 flystylez said:

u invited me in when u made this ridiculous thread, the all defensive team is so watered down now it means basically nothing. but like i said duncan ANCHORED one of the best defensive teams we have seen, as well as did his thing offensively so he didnt have to dominate with 30 shots a game like bean for the spurs to be successful u herb.
 8 years ago '09        #72
flystylez 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 philly337 said:
and why can't u?U act like this is comparing now to the 60's or something.There are a lot of players still playing that was playin in the 90's.Not to mention jordan came back at almost 40 IN TODAYS NBA and could barely jump off the ground and still was puttin up 20 points,6-7 rebounds,4-5 a.ssists a game.Just shows that if it was the athletic mike in his prime he'd s**t all over this league
ok lets not get toooo carried away....that wiz jordan wasn't half the player he was with the bulls.
 8 years ago '06        #73
jj01 
space
space
 flystylez said:

it's a simple question

5rings and 2mvps..or more...is it enough for kobe to be in the goat tlk..if you feels he there. then cool. you feel he got alot more to do then cool. but all this other ish is pointless

answer my question about quitting in a game 7 and sabotaging a finals series u b**ch, dude lost goat consideration after doing these.
 8 years ago '06        #74
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 flystylez said:

it's a simple question

i've answered u like 6 times...as have many others.NOOOOOOO....5 and 2 is nowhere close to 6 and 6.not to mention duncan is closer to 5 and 2 then kobe (he has 4 and 2 and kobe has 4 and 1) and nobody in their right mind would compare dunca to jordan if he got another ring but they will for kobe cause stern and the media have it in ur head

close thread...question answered...again
 12-20-2009, 11:06 PM         #75
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 flystylez said:
If you're telling me that Kobe impacted the defensive side the same way Duncan did
 8 years ago '06        #76
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 flystylez said:
ok lets not get toooo carried away....that wiz jordan wasn't half the player he was with the bulls.
exactly....it was not close to what he was capable of and he was still puttin up numbers kobe was averagin for his career
 8 years ago '09        #77
flystylez 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 jj01 said:
u invited me in when u made this ridiculous thread, the all defensive team is so watered down now it means basically nothing. but like i said duncan ANCHORED one of the best defensive teams we have seen, as well as did his thing offensively so he didnt have to dominate with 30 shots a game like bean for the spurs to be successful u herb.
you just proved you're a dumbass...

if the team is watered down...did duncan not make those same teams??

just keep your comments to yourself. all said was duncan doesn't have to carry the load.
unlike kobe..he has to. that's all i was saying

and if you didn't like the thread..why you on it???..once again....dumbass smh:
 12-20-2009, 11:08 PM         #78
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 philly337 said:
kobe is hardly a game changer on defense and hope ur not tryin to compare him to duncan who has DPOY awards to back up his defense
unfortunately Camby/Wallace stole a couple of those from Timmy, he doesn't have one DPOY
 8 years ago '09        #79
flystylez 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 philly337 said:
exactly....it was not close to what he was capable of and he was still puttin up numbers kobe was averagin for his career
you gotta remember kobe came off the bench his first 2 seasons.
so i think his scoring avg could have been alil higher
 8 years ago '09        #80
flystylez 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 demon9991 said:
unfortunately Camby/Wallace stole a couple of those from Timmy, he doesn't have one DPOY
naw timmy never won one...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Defensive_Player_of_the_Year_Award
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
224 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
67 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
153 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
66 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy