5th ring/2nd Finals MVP for Kobe this year: where would he rank all time?

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
93 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
65 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
109 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
80 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Can Kobe catch number
Yes 14 63.64%
No 8 36.36%
Voters: 22. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 12-20-2009, 10:00 PM         #21
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheG1ftedOne said:
Ok... lets say Kobe gets 7 rings and ends up with 4 Finals MVPs and 2 regular season MVPs

Then what?
that means he's 2 Championships short of Jordan
 8 years ago '09        #22
flystylez 1 heat pts OP
space
space
$361 | Props total: 10 10
 Gattsau said:
shaq affects the game overall more than kobe.

kobe never won a ring without derek fisher

ya and the elite teams back then were way better.

but what the man has done is crazy

remember those years when lakers were trashed

so one month makes u the goat now?

shaq duncan>>>kobe

Your the same guy who said TD>barry sanders, its clear you know nothing about sports. I got money on you being 15 and never seeing mj play a game with the bulls
......15????? LET ME GUESS YOU GREW UP WITH JERRY WEST???

yea i thought td was better back...and what..thats what "I THINK"

you keep bringing up these tired a.ss big men...shaq been done...duncan been done

i didnt say 40pits make you goat..i said thats goat tlk

maybe you should go back to grade school and learn how to read or maybe context clues..since you wanna tlk slick...you my friend don't know about sports

what did duncan and shaq always have... GREAT GUARD PLAY
 12-20-2009, 10:05 PM         #23
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 flystylez said:
......15????? LET ME GUESS YOU GREW UP WITH JERRY WEST???

yea i thought td was better back...and what..thats what "I THINK"

you keep bringing up these tired a.ss big men...shaq been done...duncan been done

i didnt say 40pits make you goat..i said thats goat tlk

maybe you should go back to grade school and learn how to read or maybe context clues..since you wanna tlk slick...you my friend don't know about sports

what did duncan and shaq always have... GREAT GUARD PLAY
 12-20-2009, 10:06 PM         #24
Illuminated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheG1ftedOne said:
Ok... lets say Kobe gets 7 rings and ends up with 4 Finals MVPs and 2 regular season MVPs

Then what?
Still doesn't equal to Jordan's 6 rings, 6 Finals MVP's, 5 Regular Season MVP's, 10 Scoring Titles, Defensive Player Of The Year Award, etc. Let's not list the tons of other Jordan accomplishments and the fact that Jordan never lost in a finals. The kind of high-scoring numbers that Kobe started putting up when Shaq left, Jordan was putting up those kind of numbers in his rookie year.

The Kobe stans need to just quit trying to argue this point. Kobe is not the greatest player of all-time. It's not even close between him and Jordan.
 8 years ago '09        #25
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,183 | Props total: 24 24
 demon9991 said:
that means he's 2 Championships short of Jordan
 8 years ago '06        #26
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,970 | Props total: 10618 10618
 TheG1ftedOne said:

Then what?
i'm sure the media would claim he is but jordan in 13 season with the bulls had 6 rings,6 finals mvps,and 5 nba mvps.Even if did the s**t in the next 3 years it would still have taken him 16 season.Not to mention this isn't just about rings...yes that is important but mike has 10 scoring titles (kobe has 2),mike was DPOY (kobe never),mike lead league in steals 3 seasons and is second all time (kobe never did and isn't even top 25),jordan is 10 time all nba first team (kobe 7 times),jordan is 9 time all defensive first team (kobe 7 times)

and yes kobe will prolly pass jordan on some thing but it will take him 15-20 season to do what jordan did in 13
 12-20-2009, 10:08 PM         #27
colhu7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 flystylez said:
i address the 6&6 thing...we know he did that

steep comp...i'm not talking about the offenses end of the floor..

i'm speaking from a defenses standpoint. scoring is down from 20 years ago..defense has vastly improved. all around talent has improved.
so the argument stops right there with the 6&6.

scoring is down b/c the art of shooting is no more. you cant even do half the things nowadays on defense like you use to. scoring should be up b/c of all the rule changes but isnt b/c the players arent as good.
 12-20-2009, 10:09 PM         #28
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheG1ftedOne said:
self-explanatory
 8 years ago '09        #29
flystylez 1 heat pts OP
space
space
Let me take back that duncan comment..he's not done..but my point is...damn near every big man that's played the game has had great guard play minus a few. Those who didn't were defenses enforcers...
 8 years ago '09        #30
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,183 | Props total: 24 24
 Illuminated said:
Still doesn't equal to Jordan's 6 rings, 6 Finals MVP's, 5 Regular Season MVP's, 10 Scoring Titles, Defensive Player Of The Year Award, etc. Let's not list the tons of other Jordan accomplishments and the fact that Jordan never lost in a finals. The kind of high-scoring numbers that Kobe started putting up when Shaq left, Jordan was putting up those kind of numbers in his rookie year.

The Kobe stans need to just quit trying to argue this point. Kobe is not the greatest player of all-time. It's not even close between him and Jordan.
MJ is the GOAT, no arguing that, but he is not uncatchable. Kobe is still playing and his still in his prime.

Last edited by TheG1ftedOne; 12-20-2009 at 10:13 PM..
 12-20-2009, 10:13 PM         #31
Illuminated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheG1ftedOne said:
MJ is the GOAT, no arguing that, but he is not uncatchable. Kobe is still playing and his still in his prime.
And? What's your point? If Kobe hasn't surpassed Jordan yet, then it isn't going to happen.
 12-20-2009, 10:15 PM         #32
Stillballin187 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Illuminated said:
Ummm, no he isn't. Only Stans on Boxden has Kobe in talks for GOAT.

But in the real world, people already acknowledge Kobe as being one of the best ever. I have to say top 5. But no one in their right mind is putting him as THE greatest ever.

Lol at only "stans" on this site think kobe is the greatest of all time.

if you actually watch nba games, and listen to what REAL players, who have played with, against kobe have to say, youd understand that alot of people think hes the greatest to play.
 8 years ago '09        #33
flystylez 1 heat pts OP
space
space
jordan not god..the can be caught. is kobe?? only time will tell. it someone in the college ranks or some unheard person...no one knows. but he can be caught. lets not forget about those years he spent as wiz...smh
 8 years ago '08        #34
sasuke-sama313 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,731 | Props total: 64 64
people just don't understand simple things like if mj had 20 points or understand it was a historical moment
 8 years ago '06        #35
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 flystylez said:
Let me take back that duncan comment..he's not done..but my point is...damn near every big man that's played the game has had great guard play minus a few. Those who didn't were defenses enforcers...
and damn near every great guard who won a championship has had a good big man with the exception of jordan.I mean for real what team hasn't had a good big man other then the bulls...

lakers - gasol
celtics - garnett
spurs - duncan
heat - shaq
spurs - duncan
pistons - (about the only one but had sheed and wallace)
spurs - dunca
lakers -shaq
lakers - shaq
lakers - shaq
spurs - ducan
bulls - bums
bulls - bums
bulls - bums
rocket - hakeem
rockets - hakeem
bulls - bums
bulls - bums
bulls - bums

also only 3 players EVER have won a scoring title and a chip in the same season....two were big men in shaq and kareem and the other jordan.s**t was unreal for anybody to do that let alone a shooting guard

Last edited by philly337; 12-20-2009 at 10:23 PM..
 8 years ago '09        #36
flystylez 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 Gattsau said:
@ this dumbass..

who was the great guard play in duncans first ring?

and a great big man helps guards be great offensively and defensively.

kobe still has all star big men so what are you trying to say?

you know nothing about sports stop posting.
dog..i swear you CAN'T READ

ok he had no guards in a STOPPAGE SEASON BACK IN 99 AGAINST THE KNICKS...

yea he got big man..but would have gasol ever won without kobe???

plus drew just started to pick his game up

i know nothing??? naw you don't know s**t at all...duncan last 3 rings...i swore it was the BIG 3...NOT JUST DUNCAN.
 12-20-2009, 10:22 PM         #37
Illuminated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Stillballin187 said:
Lol at only "stans" on this site think kobe is the greatest of all time.

if you actually watch nba games, and listen to what REAL players, who have played with, against kobe have to say, youd understand that alot of people think hes the greatest to play.
I do all of the above and it means nothing. Do you also listen to people like Magic, Bird, Russell, Barkley and the other greats that TRULY matter constantly say that Jordan is the greatest of all-time? Undisputed.

Lol @ these Kobe stans. The guy isn't doing anything that MJ didn't already do. Only difference is, Jordan did a lot more. What Kobe is doing now, Jordan was doing this halfway into his career on a much higher level. Kobe Stans --- give it up!
 8 years ago '09        #38
flystylez 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 philly337 said:
and damn near every great guard who won a championship has had a good big man with the exception of jordan.I mean for real what team hasn't had a good big man other then the bulls...

lakers - gasol
celtics - garnett
spurs - duncan
heat - shaq
spurs - duncan
pistons - (about the only one but had sheed and wallace)
spurs - dunca
lakers -shaq
lakers - shaq
lakers - shaq
spurs - ducan
bulls - bums
bulls - bums
bulls - bums
rocket - hakeem
rockets - hakeem
bulls - bums
bulls - bums
bulls - bums
that was the org point...mj played in a bg man game

squrs and celts rings...BIG 3..
yea the lakers had shaq

but in all shaq finals he had penny, kobe, and wade...so it goes both ways. it's just how you look at it
 12-20-2009, 10:26 PM         #39
Stillballin187 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Illuminated said:
I do all of the above and it means nothing. Do you also listen to people like Magic, Bird, Russell, Barkley and the other greats that TRULY matter constantly say that Jordan is the greatest of all-time? Undisputed.

Lol @ these Kobe stans. The guy isn't doing anything that MJ didn't already do. Only difference is, Jordan did a lot more. What Kobe is doing now, Jordan was doing this halfway into his career on a much higher level. Kobe Stans --- give it up!

lol I'm a laker fan and I grew up watching jordan. I'm not disrespecting dude. to me, kobe is one of the greatest to play. ive heard everyone talk about kobe.

so kobe does everything michael has already done....so does lebron, dwayne wade, carmelo, etc.

all these players are great players. if u personally think jordan is the greatest player to EVER play...then cool.

just dont forget that jordan looked up to magic, bird, and so on. so please reword everything ur typing.
 8 years ago '06        #40
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 flystylez said:
that was the org point...mj played in a bg man game

squrs and celts rings...BIG 3..
yea the lakers had shaq

but in all shaq finals he had penny, kobe, and wade...so it goes both ways. it's just how you look at it
not sure what ur point is but my point is kobe needed a big man just like every championship team needs a big man.The only player to take their team to a chip that i can think of without a big man is jordan.Kobe tried without a big man when shaq left...he didn't get far
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
38 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
20 comments
1 day ago