5th ring/2nd Finals MVP for Kobe this year: where would he rank all time?

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
35 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
21 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
45 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
79 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Can Kobe catch number
Yes 14 63.64%
No 8 36.36%
Voters: 22. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #241
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,735 | Props total: 12560 12560
 991 said:
jordan has the legacy, the media, the hype, the great skills, the accomplishments, the perfect career.

kobe has better skills................ but wont be recognized for it because jordan has everything else. kobe is a better version of jordan just without the legacy and everything else along with it
How is Kobe a better version than Mike? Kobe is only better than Mike at ball handlng(not by much) and shoot range.. Mike blows him out of the water in every other catagory. And Mikes midrange game is ALOT better than Kobes.. He lived off the midrange and still shot 48FG% in his later years.. His post game is far superior, his passing ability was superior, and lets not even discuss defense.. MJ's basketball I.Q recognizing double teams and passing out of them is also far superior..

And you talk of MJ's legacy as if it was gifted to him, he worked on it by not choking in the Finals, carrying his team to victories and not depending on his teammates to bail him out because he was having a s**t performance... Kobe has yet to have a defining moment NBA Finals game out of the 7 Finals series he's been in.. Thats alot of attempts to not have one historical performance on the biggest stage..

Michael has had the Flu Game,the 3point Game against the Blazers, the Up and under move against the Lakers, and the last game of his career(as a Bull) where he destroyed the Jazz in the 4th and hit "the shot".. So tell me exactly how a man who does this, is less skilled version of the guy who imulates him?

It's funny how n*ggas talk like they know s**t because they really weren't privilaged to see the GOAT

Last edited by Hold That; 06-20-2010 at 06:57 AM..
 06-20-2010, 07:45 AM         #242
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
5 Championships as the 2nd Option, 2 Finals MVP not on his play but because of his house hold name... I got him still right behind Gary Payton at like 31 ALL-TIME.
 7 years ago '05        #243
hbk83 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,034 | Props total: 1226 1226
I dont like kobe but f**k it cant argue anymore he is the greatest laker behind chmberlain only cause wilts numbers are ridiculous but dude is top 5 d.o.a. man you cant argue against numbers and rings, 5 f**king ships with ridiculous numbers got him past shaq, mainly because i think shaq went through his career offensive fouling people and getting away with it cause the league wanted him to now he gets called for it

Last edited by hbk83; 06-20-2010 at 08:14 AM..
 06-20-2010, 08:27 AM         #244
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hbk83 said:
I dont like kobe but f**k it cant argue anymore he is the greatest laker behind chmberlain only cause wilts numbers are ridiculous but dude is top 5 d.o.a. man you cant argue against numbers and rings, 5 f**king ships with ridiculous numbers got him past shaq, mainly because i think shaq went through his career offensive fouling people and getting away with it cause the league wanted him to now he gets called for it
really??

[pic - click to view]

5 Championships
3 League MVPS

>

5(3*) Championships
1 League MVP
 7 years ago '05        #245
hbk83 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,034 | Props total: 1226 1226
 A.O.™ said:
really??

[pic - click to view]

5 Championships
3 League MVPS

>

5(3*) Championships
1 League MVP
yea pretty much magic has his own greatness, and As much as i give phil as much credit as i give kobe, but there is noore point in arguing he is no jordan but dude is doing it, and i think he is going to get 6 he has a good 5 years in the league
and sometimes I want to like kobe as a sports fans, but dude is a diva. Dude has a worst attitude and arrogance than jordan could ever have

Last edited by hbk83; 06-20-2010 at 08:52 AM..
 7 years ago '08        #246
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,768 | Props total: 12265 12265
 Main Event said:
So all it takes is having 1 more ring to make somebody the better player all time

Kobe gets 5 and 2 only means

Rings:Kobe
MVPs:Shaq
Regular Season MVP: Split

But tie goes to shaq because 3 of those rings he was "the" guy
Whatever,

Shaq All-time scoring 28,255 Kobe all-time scoring 25,790 avg 2,200 a season which means he could catch Shaq next season in the playoffs.

and just for the record...n*gga said Kobe aint better than Bird yet...Birds Resume 3 rings 2 Finals Losses, All-time NBA scoring 21,791, 25th on that list right in front of Dirk

Yall will give him his props when his career is over...and when proper perspective can't be denied.
 06-20-2010, 10:07 AM         #247
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 antdog said:
I would be tempted to put him over Bird, but 3 Reg season MVP's is huge. Bird 3/5 in the Finals and Kobe would be 5/7 with a 3peat and 2peat.It's close imo.

6Bird
7Kobe
8Shaq
9Duncan
10Hakeem
remember this.. he was a sidekick to shaq in 3 of those titles..
 7 years ago '06        #248
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,993 | Props total: 10661 10661
 Mike Nitty said:
Whatever,

Shaq All-time scoring 28,255 Kobe all-time scoring 25,790 avg 2,200 a season which means he could catch Shaq next season in the playoffs.

and just for the record...n*gga said Kobe aint better than Bird yet...Birds Resume 3 rings 2 Finals Losses, All-time NBA scoring 21,791, 25th on that list right in front of Dirk

Yall will give him his props when his career is over...and when proper perspective can't be denied.
lol why u just throw out bulls**t?These kobe fans never look at the whole picture just stats that favor their argument.First of all kobe juts finished his 14th season..he's has the advantage of playing more years since coming out of high school..totals don't mean s**t.Kareem is all time scoring leader but everyone knows wilt and jordan are above him at scoring.Kobe will hold this soon prolly 20 seasons deep then lebron will hold it but when it takes them 20 years and just passin dudes who played 13-15 it don't mean much..u look at averages...and not just scoring...

bird - 24.3 ppg,10.0 rpg,6.3 apg,1.7 spg,0.8 bpg,50% fg%,38% 3pt%

kobe - 25.3 ppg,5.3 rpg, 4.7 apg,1.5 spg,0.6 bpg,46% fg%,34% 3pt%

has him in nothing but scoring which is 1 point and bird sweeps him across the board.Now with this chip kobe just got i think it's debateable for bird,shaq,kobe and where they rank but i still have kobe behind them.Wouldn't have a huge issue on someone puttin kobe above shaq or bird though....

1.jordan
2.magic
3.russell
4.wilt
5.robertson
6.kareem
7.shaq
8.bird
9.kobe
10.duncan

kobe finally passed duncan with this ring and can now realistically be debated with bird and shaq..he is no higher then 7 right now though and no lower then 9
 06-20-2010, 01:51 PM         #249
thehater33 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
someone closed my kobe mj thread cuz they are probably a jordan stan
 06-20-2010, 01:52 PM         #250
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 .:RELOADED:. said:
kobe today right now is top 10 all time in the nba...he may possible end up top 5 when hes done...people need to stop comparing him to jordan and just sit back and watch greatness cause when its over youll finally appreciate how great of a player he was and than itll be people comparing players to kobe cause jordans generation will have way passed
Really? ALL TIME TOP 10?

where?

1- Michael Jordan
2- Bill Russell
3- Wilt Chamberlain
4- Magic Johnson
5- Kareem Abdul Jabbar
6- Shaquille O'Neal
7- Hakeem Olajuwon
8- Isiah Thomas
9- Larry Bird
10- Oscar Robertson

Where the f**k is Kobe top 10 all-time????

Top 10 this ERA, still arguable.. ALL-TIME??? HELL NO
 06-20-2010, 01:53 PM         #251
Sid 6point7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thehater33 said:
someone closed my kobe mj thread cuz they are probably a jordan stan
It was because your thread was preposterous, is all, little guy.
 7 years ago '07        #252
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 A.O.™ said:
Really? ALL TIME TOP 10?

where?

1- Michael Jordan
2- Bill Russell
3- Wilt Chamberlain
4- Magic Johnson
5- Kareem Abdul Jabbar
6- Shaquille O'Neal
7- Hakeem Olajuwon
8- Isiah Thomas
9- Larry Bird
10- Oscar Robertson

Where the f**k is Kobe top 10 all-time????

Top 10 this ERA, still arguable.. ALL-TIME??? HELL NO
That would be like my list but put Bird at 8, Tim Duncan 9, Kobe 10.
 7 years ago '06        #253
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,789 | Props total: 2311 2311
Kobe is top 3 all time and there is no denying that. People love to rate Kobe lower because of his age and because they love to hold on to the past but hes been in the league 14 years now and has accomplished what only 3-4 other players have.

1. Jordan
2. Magic
3. Kobe
4. Kareem
5. Bird
 06-20-2010, 02:23 PM         #254
Lex Lossis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't think proven Kobe haters or ridiculous stans should comment.
 7 years ago '07        #255
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 modalee81 said:
Kobe is top 3 all time and there is no denying that. People love to rate Kobe lower because of his age and because they love to hold on to the past but hes been in the league 14 years now and has accomplished what only 3-4 other players have.

1. Jordan
2. Magic
3. Kobe
4. Kareem
5. Bird
At the end of the day it really doesn't matter where he is he should be in everyones top 10 though.
 06-20-2010, 02:32 PM         #256
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hard to gauge talent.. the media makes Kobe out to be better than what he is. People like to say way back when russell played that he had less competition than jordan and kobe.. BUT why do people not say the same argument about kobe? basketball has taken a serious step back in the officiating of the game , the phisicalness of the game and the overall talent. But yet hes still considered top 3?
 06-20-2010, 03:18 PM         #257
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thehogue... said:
That would be like my list but put Bird at 8, Tim Duncan 9, Kobe 10.
No order, cause truthfully Karl Malone and John Stockton are in my top 10 all time..
 06-20-2010, 03:30 PM         #258
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Kobe as the 2nd option is a joke . Kobe averaged more points then Shaq in 1 of the title years, and was like 2-3 points behind him in another. Kobe could never get finals MVP because that wasn't how the league worked at the time. It was whoever won the west won it all, because the East didn't have 1 quality big for a couple of years. Shaqs best competition from the East was Rik Smits or an old a.ss Mutumbo? No s**t he got MVP
 06-20-2010, 03:40 PM         #259
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
How many MVPs Shaq have?
 06-20-2010, 03:41 PM         #260
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 -BigC- said:
Kobe as the 2nd option is a joke . Kobe averaged more points then Shaq in 1 of the title years, and was like 2-3 points behind him in another. Kobe could never get finals MVP because that wasn't how the league worked at the time. It was whoever won the west won it all, because the East didn't have 1 quality big for a couple of years. Shaqs best competition from the East was Rik Smits or an old a.ss Mutumbo? No s**t he got MVP

bulls**t that team ran threw shaq and you f**king know it.. you must like the way kobe d*ck taste.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
81 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
79 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy