5th ring/2nd Finals MVP for Kobe this year: where would he rank all time?

most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
189 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
56 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
68 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Can Kobe catch number
Yes 14 63.64%
No 8 36.36%
Voters: 22. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '10        #221
MrTripleDouble 
space
space
$2,440 | Props total: 177 177
 TheG1ftedOne said:
and like you dont know the taste of Lebron's nuts?

Fall back
I can say LeBron is the best player in the NBA because it's truth. I'm not gonna say he's better than Jordan or argue with people on why Kobe Bryant is the GOAT and better than MJ when Kobe hasn't even scratched the surface of Jordan's legacy. That my friend is a d*ck rider which I am not and you sir have proven time and time again why your are one. So you need to fall back.

I'm not the only one who knows you flip-flop. You praise LeBron one week than next week you talking sh*t about him hating on the man. That sh*t makes no sense and you confuse a lot of people. At least people know I ride with LeBron and the Cavs and I stand my ground on here. I don't say Kobe's the best all of a sudden because he hit a game winner which can be very cool but am I follower? Never. You.......are just a bandwagoner. So please explain why say what you say? Maybe we can understand you more.

Last edited by MrTripleDouble; 03-03-2010 at 03:54 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #222
dre03 
space
space
$10,168 | Props total: 2448 2448
 hood135 said:

You're pulling s**t out of thin air. So basically you're a magical clown. Again, whoever said anything about matching Jordan? You're stuck on this 12 season kick like your life depended on it.

My point was, Kobe shouldn't be penalized for playing longer than anyone. If anything, he should be respected for being as durable as he is, especially if he's able to win and still compete at a high level. That said, we don't know what Kobe will accomplish yet because he's still playing. That is all. All that matching Jordan s**t came from your own personal illusions. Tie a weight around your neck and drown in a shallow lake.
Retard it has nothing to do with durability... Jordan was still playing at a high level at 40 years old... And MAgic had to quit because of a disease

Your head is so far up Kobe's a.ss you only consider Kobe in any of ur statements... Example... You say im penalizing Kobe because he will play more years... Instead of it being the fact your penalizing Magic Johnson because he got AIDS or Jordan because he chose to play another sport... Everything revolves around Kobe with you...

You keep saying im making up s**t but your whole argument is based on what Kobe may accomplish in the long run... When im telling you the fact is in the same timeframe these players were given Kobe accomplished less than the other two... By putting Kobe over them regardless of what he accomplishes after that timeframe is penalizing players who didnt play as long for whatever reason... Not the other way around... I am not gonna call Karl Malone a better scorer than Shaq because he played more games and accumulated more points...

What you want me to reward Kobe because he didnt get AIDS? Or you want me to reward Kobe cuz he didnt decide to retire after 9 years? Ur logic makes no sense... In what scenario can you think of where people are rewarded for taking longer to do things...
 8 years ago '05        #223
TheT 21 heat pts21
space
space
$16,913 | Props total: 717 717
 dre03 said:
But your opinion is a fact im a.ssuming... What is ur opinion by the way?
No, all I'm saying is that you guys take this s**t too seriously when there is no right or wrong answer. I actually agree with your point about the amount of time it takes someone to do something should be factored in when comparing accomplishments, but I also feel that the situation they were in coming into the league should be factored in as well.
 8 years ago '04        #224
R. Joven 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,126 | Props total: 65 65
 dre03 said:
Retard it has nothing to do with durability... Jordan was still playing at a high level at 40 years old... And MAgic had to quit because of a disease

Your head is so far up Kobe's a.ss you only consider Kobe in any of ur statements... Example... You say im penalizing Kobe because he will play more years... Instead of it being the fact your penalizing Magic Johnson because he got AIDS or Jordan because he chose to play another sport... Everything revolves around Kobe with you...

You keep saying im making up s**t but your whole argument is based on what Kobe may accomplish in the long run... When im telling you the fact is in the same timeframe these players were given Kobe accomplished less than the other two... By putting Kobe over them regardless of what he accomplishes after that timeframe is penalizing players who didnt play as long for whatever reason... Not the other way around... I am not gonna call Karl Malone a better scorer than Shaq because he played more games and accumulated more points...

What you want me to reward Kobe because he didnt get AIDS? Or you want me to reward Kobe cuz he didnt decide to retire after 9 years? Ur logic makes no sense... In what scenario can you think of where people are rewarded for taking longer to do things...
I didn't read through this thread, but I don't think anyone is "penalizing" Magic for getting HIV or Jordan for playing baseball. The fact of the matter is, you can only judge players at this level based on what they accomplish. People love to a.ssume that Jordan would've won 8 championships, and act as if he did win 8 championships.

As easy as he may have made it seem, you can't a.ssume things like that... so credit must be given to those that actually do things... in this case... play for a longer period of time.

I'm not even arguing that Kobe is better... just arguing against you line of thinking...
 8 years ago '06        #225
teh truth 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,185 | Props total: 37 37
 Armen87 said:
well then lebron better start quickly, he's already 25.
 8 years ago '06        #226
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
 R. Joven said:
I didn't read through this thread, but I don't think anyone is "penalizing" Magic for getting HIV or Jordan for playing baseball. The fact of the matter is, you can only judge players at this level based on what they accomplish. People love to a.ssume that Jordan would've won 8 championships, and act as if he did win 8 championships.

As easy as he may have made it seem, you can't a.ssume things like that... so credit must be given to those that actually do things... in this case... play for a longer period of time.

I'm not even arguing that Kobe is better... just arguing against you line of thinking...
No use man. He's a magical clown.
 8 years ago '06        #227
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
 Reppindaburghh said:
If Kobe gets another ring he soldifies his spot in the top 5, imo. This comming from a Lebron stan.

But when Lebron gets 6 rings and 8 MVPS in his career, he will go down as the GOAT.

Man Lebron still working on getting one ring let's not get carried away.
 8 years ago '08        #228
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,728 | Props total: 11625 11625
The f**k? Why was this bumped:lachen001:
 8 years ago '04        #229
DJ Maximum|M 47 heat pts47
space
space
$43,341 | Props total: 11528 11528
hes not even better than magic

stop it
 8 years ago '08        #230
victorgraham 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$69 | Props total: 0 0
i address the 6&6 thing...we know he did that

steep comp...i'm not talking about the offenses end of the floor..

i'm speaking from a defenses standpoint. scoring is down from 20 years ago..defense has vastly improved. all around talent has improved.

First off, league-wide scoring is higher now, than it has been in the last 15 years. In the early 80s it was run and gun. By the late 80s-early 90s NBA basketball was slow and bruising. It was a very physical game. Now I'm looking at NBA allowing Artest play '88 defense on everyone else, the same defense they wouldn't allow to play on Kobe, last year in the playoffs, but you can't lay a hand on Kobe though. Jordan was 6 for 6, and won MVP in all of them. I can't understand why people want to promote Kobe before his time. If he is to be the GOAT it will be, but let him play. He is already the second best shooting guard ever IMO, and that puts him ahead of some elite company.
 8 years ago '04        #231
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,074 | Props total: 4421 4421
 Gattsau said:
man r u really trying to tell me that kobe has more challenges today than mj did?

look at the teams the lakers have beat in the finals...

the magic?

u really wanna compare that to the teams the bulls beat?
a washed up lakers team
an overated trail blazers team
the only great team they played the Suns who never got back
a young inexperienced sonics team
and an over rated jazz team with a weak hearted best player

MJ never had a challenge in the finals

hell the bulls played i think only 1 7 game series during their run and that was against the the pacers

the lakers had to play against much much better competition to even get to the finals
 8 years ago '08        #232
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,728 | Props total: 11625 11625
 MosDefinition said:
a washed up lakers team
an overated trail blazers team
the only great team they played the Suns who never got back
a young inexperienced sonics team
and an over rated jazz team with a weak hearted best player

MJ never had a challenge in the finals

hell the bulls played i think only 1 7 game series during their run and that was against the the pacers

the lakers had to play against much much better competition to even get to the finals
Im sorry but how can you call out those other teams and fail to mention the 1st 3 rings the Lakers got against Philly,Indiana, and New Jersey
 8 years ago '04        #233
dre03 
space
space
$10,168 | Props total: 2448 2448
 flystylez said:
Ok I know this going to spark a HUGE debate but I'm throwing it out there

Kobe--4 time NBA champ(6 finals appearances)
Finals MVP, MVP, 3x All Star MVP, 2x Scoring Champ, 11x All-NBA, 11x All Star, 9x All-Def
All Rookie, Slam Dunk Champ and a Gold Medal... oh yea and 81 points

assuming the Lakers play great and go on the win..and Kobe wins MVP(hypothetically speaking)

Will 5rings & 2MVP's be enough to throw Kobe in the talk for best of all time

of course people cry foul...and be like MJ

but remember he played in a Big Man game at the time

yes there was Thomas, Magic, and Bird..oh yea Clyde too

yes he won 6rings, 6mvp's...and change the game forever

but yet no one question whether he was best

In Kobe's defense..he has Lebron, Wade, and Melo to complete with,

There were times where people felt that AI and Tmac was better

The game at steeper comp than it did of 20years ago..yet no one can check him..and the only guy that could plays with him now

I feel in the era Kobe played that if he goes out and performs and walk away with ring number 5 and another mvp..the he should get some buzz for best

BUT I'M NOT SAYING HE THE BEST...SO DON'T TWIST MY WORDS..DEBATE PURPOSES ONLY

AND IF YOU HATE THE LAKERS OR KOBE...SPARE YOUR REMARKS..THANKS
I will sum up your thread by saying this... you say he has Lebron, Wade and Carmello to play against... But out of all 4 of them since they entered the league 7 years ago they have a combined 2 rings between the 4 superstar Kobe, Wade, Carmelo and Lebron...

so obviously Kobe is not competing against them... None of them are dominating the league by any means aside from scoring and popularity... Yeah great players, scorers whatever you want to call it

But the players Jordan faced in his era were defending champions... His competition were champions... Kobe's competition are just good players who havent succeeded except Wade and thus has not since then

You said Jordan played in a big man era which means if you didnt have a big man you didnt win... But Jordan did... So im a.ssuming you are also saying Kobe is not playing a big man league even though Shaq and Duncan have the most championships in Kobe's era... More than every wing superstar in the game today combined...

And every ring won since Kobe has entered the league coincidentally has been won by a team with an All-Star low post presence... Except for the two won by of course Mr. Jordan...

Actually you would have to go all the way back to the 1975 Warriors before you find another team except Jordan's Bulls who won a championship without an All-Star low post presence... That was a perimeter oriented team led by Rick Barry... That should say it all right there... Stop it with this Kobe has to go against the freakish athletes like those freakish athletes are winning anything... Darko Milicic and Wade are the only players in the 03 draft to even have a ring so please stop it with this being an excuse...
 8 years ago '04        #234
Prjhov03 
space
space
$1,577 | Props total: 27 27
naw he only has one without shaq and all of points doesn't make him the goat!!!! He only has one league mvp!!! U cant forget that he wasnt the best player on those lakers teams for a long time! People keep forgetting that!
 03-17-2010, 12:30 PM         #235
ktbballplaya 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 flystylez said:
Let me take back that duncan comment..he's not done..but my point is...damn near every big man that's played the game has had great guard play minus a few. Those who didn't were defenses enforcers...
Hakeem didnt have great guard play just shooters until clyde came.
 06-20-2010, 02:21 AM         #236
antdog 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bump
 7 years ago '06        #237
991 26 heat pts26
space
space
$5,688 | Props total: 741 741
jordan has the legacy, the media, the hype, the great skills, the accomplishments, the perfect career.

kobe has better skills................ but wont be recognized for it because jordan has everything else. kobe is a better version of jordan just without the legacy and everything else along with it
 06-20-2010, 04:12 AM         #238
antdog 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 991 said:
jordan has the legacy, the media, the hype, the great skills, the accomplishments, the perfect career.

kobe has better skills................ but wont be recognized for it because jordan has everything else. kobe is a better version of jordan just without the legacy and everything else along with it
n*ggas always wanna bring up mike
 7 years ago '06        #239
991 26 heat pts26
space
space
$5,688 | Props total: 741 741
 antdog said:
n*ggas always wanna bring up mike
who else would u expect in this type thread? samaki walker?
 06-20-2010, 06:39 AM         #240
JOE PESCI 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 991 said:

:agreement6::agreement6::agreement6::agreement6:
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
40 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
38 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
215 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
144 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
36 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
54 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
85 comments
21 hours ago