5th ring/2nd Finals MVP for Kobe this year: where would he rank all time?

most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
26 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
150 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
58 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Can Kobe catch number
Yes 14 63.64%
No 8 36.36%
Voters: 22. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #201
dre03 
space
space
$10,171 | Props total: 2452 2452
 teh truth said:
we got some good haters out here we al know shaq carried him the first ring but after that it was a split

you would have kobe in the 1st round dominant then next round he will cool down feed the big feellla than so on each round

kobe then shaq kobe then shaq

cuz thats how dominant we were back then
Shaq led the team in scoring in every year they won the championship... Are you seriously telling me that it is simply a coincidence that the two years Kobe led the team in scoring the Lakers lost???

Or is it that Shaq led the team during the 3-peat and Kobe tried to lead the team after that and failed??
 8 years ago '04        #202
dre03 
space
space
 teh truth said:
to end it

jordan was the best in his era

n

to end it

kobe is going to be the best in his era cuz i dont think shaq n duncan still got it

this is kobes time

2straight finals appearnce make it 3

1 loss to boston they werent ready

now lets see if he can go back 2 back wit his squad
How the f**k are you not ready when you make it to the finals??? They were playing a team whose core had never even been to the finals including the coach...

You had the greatest coach of all time and two 3 time champions and supposedly the best player in the league... How the f**k were you not ready? GTFOH with those horrible excuses... Your team had all the experience and were up by 20 and lost...
 8 years ago '08        #203
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,733 | Props total: 11628 11628
 TheG1ftedOne said:
You could make the case, but you dont know the real answer (no pun). Kobe is considered one of the best of all-time while Iverson and TMac have been failures for their career in winning something.
You dont think playing with Shaq wouldnt have k!lled there whole cant win the big one title?

PG:Fisher PG:Fisher
SG:Tmac SG:Kobe
SF:Fox SF:Fox
PFHorry/Walker PF:Horry/Walker
C:Shaq C:Mutombo

I mean you tell me who makes it further

Last edited by Main Event; 03-03-2010 at 12:11 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #204
dre03 
space
space
 teh truth said:
jordan was also a force cuz he went to college hes skill was develope

compared to kobe he had to develope those skills while he was a rookie n wit a dominant center who needs the balll

how is that fair for kobe?
Even Kobe at 22 years old averaging more minutes and shots per game then Jordan at 21 years old didnt play better than Jordan... Ur excuse for a dominant center holds no water in that convo since he was shooting more shots than Jordan and playing more minutes but producing less...

Thats with 5 years NBA experience compared to only 3 years college experience for Jordan... Jordan still proves he was the better player when Kobe even has advantages
 8 years ago '04        #205
dre03 
space
space
 Main Event said:
You dont think playing with Shaq wouldnt have k!lled there whole cant win the big one title?

PG:Fisher PG:Fisher
SG:Tmac SG:Kobe
SF:Fox SF:Fox
PFHorry/Walker PF:Horry/Walker
C:Shaq C:Mutombo

I mean you tell me who makes it further
Man its no question IVO would have a ring

T-Mac and Iverson both would have hardware if they played with Shaq... Iverson made it to the finals without Shaq im sure with Shaq would have put him over that hump...
 8 years ago '06        #206
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
 dre03 said:
WTF?? Punish him for playing longer??? did u hear yourself... Im sure if i played in the league 50 years i could own every record known to man that doesnt make me better than the people who did it in less time

So with your logic accomplishing the same thing in more time is better than accomplishing it in shorter time???

If i can build a house in 10 days but its takes you 20 days to build the same house then does that make us equal cuz we both accomplished the same thing even though it took you longer... No that makes me the better builder

With your logic thats waht ur saying... It doesnt matter how long it takes as long as at the end they accomplished the same thing... So a n*gga that gets a degree in 2 years is equal to a n*gga that took 7 years to get the same degree at the same school..

Of course if you play longer you can accomplish more... But if it takes you longer to accomplish the same thing as somebody else how is that better or even equal...
Who said anything about accomplishing the same thing? We don't know what Kobe will accomplish so how the hell can you make those dumb a.ss a.ssumptions?

Did you hear yourself because you didn't just say s**t just then.
 8 years ago '05        #207
TheT 21 heat pts21
space
space
$16,915 | Props total: 719 719
 Main Event said:
You think Kobe is better than Jordan so you really shouldnt be laughing
I'm laughing because dumb n*ggas like you and Dre think your opinion is fact.
 8 years ago '04        #208
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,909 | Props total: 17474 17474
hes already goat so it doesnt matter
 03-03-2010, 01:41 PM         #209
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Just correct me if I am wrong here, but didn't the Jordan era have the highest offensive averages ever in the NBA? Didn't this get brought up when people claim there is no "d" anymore?

Don't think anyone should compare another player from another decade, the situations are not the same. Jordan isn't playing vs a lot of the taller more athletic player Kobe is, and Kobe isn't playing against some of those great teams Jordan played against early in his career.
 8 years ago '04        #210
dre03 
space
space
 -BigC- said:
Just correct me if I am wrong here, but didn't the Jordan era have the highest offensive averages ever in the NBA? Didn't this get brought up when people claim there is no "d" anymore?

Don't think anyone should compare another player from another decade, the situations are not the same. Jordan isn't playing vs a lot of the taller more athletic player Kobe is, and Kobe isn't playing against some of those great teams Jordan played against early in his career.
Well how do you explain the fact that during Jordan's tenure... 1984-1998 only Jordan, Wilkins, Malone and Bernard King 4 players averaged 30+ points in a season... only two averaged 31+ being Jordan and King

Since Kobe came in you have had Kobe, Wade, James, Iverson, Mcgrady average 30+ in a season... One season where 3 players averaged over 31+ per game... And these players did it multiple times

Where as in Jordan's era Jordan was the only one to do it multiple times...
 8 years ago '04        #211
dre03 
space
space
 Black Magick said:
Hmmmm.....
So I guess we shouldn't say anything to the students that graduate high school in 6 years when they're supposed to do it in 4 years. I mean...after all, they still graduated, right?

Exactly im sure they are just as smart and applied themselves as much as the other kids... We should reward them from accomplishing something they couldnt do in 4 years i guess...
 8 years ago '04        #212
dre03 
space
space
 hood135 said:
Who said anything about accomplishing the same thing? We don't know what Kobe will accomplish so how the hell can you make those dumb a.ss a.ssumptions?

Did you hear yourself because you didn't just say s**t just then.
Gotdamn how stupid are you???

In order to accomplish more than Jordan he has to first accomplish the same thing right d*ckhead? For example, In order to get to 7 rings Kobe would have to win 6 rings first...

In order to get to 7 Final's MVPs he would have to get to 6 Finals MVP's... In order to get to 70+ records he would have to get pass his now 5 records...

So u see dumbass in order to surpass something u have to first match it... Jordan accomplished everything in his 13 years with the Bulls... Kobe now in his 13th year with the Lakers hasnt even accomplished half of what Jordan has... The only way he can surpass Jordan's accomplishments is to one day match them... which obviously by common sense logic means it will take Kobe much longer since next year he will have played more games then Jordan...

So now dumbass please tell me why if he cant even match Jordan's success in the same amount of years does he get rewarded for taking longer
 8 years ago '04        #213
dre03 
space
space
 TheT said:
I'm laughing because dumb n*ggas like you and Dre think your opinion is fact.
But your opinion is a fact im a.ssuming... What is ur opinion by the way?
 8 years ago '09        #214
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,183 | Props total: 24 24
 dre03 said:
Well how do you explain the fact that during Jordan's tenure... 1984-1998 only Jordan, Wilkins, Malone and Bernard King 4 players averaged 30+ points in a season... only two averaged 31+ being Jordan and King

Since Kobe came in you have had Kobe, Wade, James, Iverson, Mcgrady average 30+ in a season... One season where 3 players averaged over 31+ per game... And these players did it multiple times

So then that just shows the level of competition and how much better players have gotten over time
 8 years ago '06        #215
teh truth 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,186 | Props total: 38 38
 dre03 said:

we all know jordan>kobe

but correct me if im wrong kobe will be the best in his era..

these years will determine how high he wil be rank to jordan or if he will reach his mark

different eras

even jordan said there isnt one goat different eras

jordan is a beast tho but skills wise jordan n kobe is the same

same coach different eras winning chips is all they care

if phil gave the keys to kobe instead of shaq we would be talking different but he didnt hes career is now
 8 years ago '06        #216
teh truth 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,186 | Props total: 38 38
 dre03 said:

In order to accomplish more than Jordan he has to first accomplish the same thing right d*ckhead? For example, In order to get to 7 rings Kobe would have to win 6 rings first...

In order to get to 7 Final's MVPs he would have to get to 6 Finals MVP's... In order to get to 70+ records he would have to get pass his now 5 records...

So u see dumbass in order to surpass something u have to first match it... Jordan accomplished everything in his 13 years with the Bulls... Kobe now in his 13th year with the Lakers hasnt even accomplished half of what Jordan has... The only way he can surpass Jordan's accomplishments is to one day match them... which obviously by common sense logic means it will take Kobe much longer since next year he will have played more games then Jordan...

So now dumbass please tell me why if he cant even match Jordan's success in the same amount of years does he get rewarded for taking longer
buddy your all wrong different people have different backrounds

different eras look at lebron james that could have been kobe right there

clevend gave him his own franchise basically now winning chips is all that matters

but you are right about jordans time his career was perfect

wen kobes career is done we will both have different opinions til then this willl go no where
 8 years ago '04        #217
dre03 
space
space
 TheG1ftedOne said:
So then that just shows the level of competition and how much better players have gotten over time
If you truly believe players were not capable of scoring 30 points per game in Jordan's era then man u have a serious problem...
 8 years ago '09        #218
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,183 | Props total: 24 24
 dre03 said:
If you truly believe players were not capable of scoring 30 points per game in Jordan's era then man u have a serious problem...
Thats not my point. There have been plenty of opinions about everything but everybody wants to rely on stats and facts.

Fact is, relying on stats and things of that nature, competition now is much higher than when Jordan played.
 8 years ago '06        #219
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
 dre03 said:

You're pulling s**t out of thin air. So basically you're a magical clown. Again, whoever said anything about matching Jordan? You're stuck on this 12 season kick like your life depended on it.

My point was, Kobe shouldn't be penalized for playing longer than anyone. If anything, he should be respected for being as durable as he is, especially if he's able to win and still compete at a high level. That said, we don't know what Kobe will accomplish yet because he's still playing. That is all. All that matching Jordan s**t came from your own personal illusions. Tie a weight around your neck and drown in a shallow lake.
 8 years ago '04        #220
dre03 
space
space
 teh truth said:
buddy your all wrong different people have different backrounds

different eras look at lebron james that could have been kobe right there

clevend gave him his own franchise basically now winning chips is all that matters

but you are right about jordans time his career was perfect

wen kobes career is done we will both have different opinions til then this willl go no where
Agree to disagree
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
87 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
41 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dragon Ball FighterZ Jump Festa 2018 Trailer
39 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
215 comments
2 days ago