5th ring/2nd Finals MVP for Kobe this year: where would he rank all time?

most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
220 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA What’s waiting for LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball in Lithuania
56 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
160 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Can Kobe catch number
Yes 14 63.64%
No 8 36.36%
Voters: 22. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '09        #1
11524 pageviews
317 comments

flystylez 1 heat pts
space
space
$361 | Props total: 10 10
Is 5&2 enough for Kobe??

Ok I know this going to spark a HUGE debate but I'm throwing it out there

Kobe--4 time NBA champ(6 finals appearances)
Finals MVP, MVP, 3x All Star MVP, 2x Scoring Champ, 11x All-NBA, 11x All Star, 9x All-Def
All Rookie, Slam Dunk Champ and a Gold Medal... oh yea and 81 points

assuming the Lakers play great and go on the win..and Kobe wins MVP(hypothetically speaking)

Will 5rings & 2MVP's be enough to throw Kobe in the talk for best of all time

of course people cry foul...and be like MJ

but remember he played in a Big Man game at the time

yes there was Thomas, Magic, and Bird..oh yea Clyde too

yes he won 6rings, 6mvp's...and change the game forever

but yet no one question whether he was best

In Kobe's defense..he has Lebron, Wade, and Melo to complete with,

There were times where people felt that AI and Tmac was better

The game at steeper comp than it did of 20years ago..yet no one can check him..and the only guy that could plays with him now

I feel in the era Kobe played that if he goes out and performs and walk away with ring number 5 and another mvp..the he should get some buzz for best

BUT I'M NOT SAYING HE THE BEST...SO DON'T TWIST MY WORDS..DEBATE PURPOSES ONLY

AND IF YOU HATE THE LAKERS OR KOBE...SPARE YOUR REMARKS..THANKS

317 comments for "5th ring/2nd Finals MVP for Kobe this year: where would he rank all time?"

8 years ago '05        #2
rawchester 14 heat pts14
space
space
$5,391 | Props total: 4454 4454
he's lready in teh talks for GOAT
 12-20-2009, 09:24 PM         #3
Illuminated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rawchester said:
he's lready in teh talks for GOAT
Ummm, no he isn't. Only Stans on Boxden has Kobe in talks for GOAT.

But in the real world, people already acknowledge Kobe as being one of the best ever. I have to say top 5. But no one in their right mind is putting him as THE greatest ever.
 8 years ago '05        #4
rawchester 14 heat pts14
space
space
$5,391 | Props total: 4454 4454
 Illuminated said:
Ummm, no he isn't. Only Stans on Boxden has Kobe in talks for GOAT.

But in the real world, people already acknowledge Kobe as being one of the best ever. I have to say top 5. But no one in their right mind is putting him as THE greatest ever.
thats why I said he's in the talks. I didnt say he is the GOAT... to be in talks you just have to be worthy of mention, and I feel he is definitely worthy of mention.
 8 years ago '05        #5
TheT 21 heat pts21
space
space
$16,913 | Props total: 717 717
Go on google and type "Kobe greatest of all time" and watch how many results you get.

Kobe = GOAT :applause:
 8 years ago '09        #6
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,183 | Props total: 24 24
Well the media is already saying he is challenging MJ for GOAT status, so he obviously isnt uncatchable (like everybody feels). If Kobe was to win 6 rings with 2 MVPs, boy would it be close. 5 and 2 wouldnt be enough to me.
 12-20-2009, 09:32 PM         #7
Illuminated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheG1ftedOne said:
Well the media is already saying he is challenging MJ for GOAT status, so he obviously isnt uncatchable (like everybody feels). If Kobe was to win 6 rings with 2 MVPs, boy would it be close. 5 and 2 wouldnt be enough to me.
 8 years ago '07        #8
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
$12,935 | Props total: 1531 1531
I say he needs to match jordans rings first...
 8 years ago '09        #9
TERRANCE CRACK 48 heat pts48
space
space
$8,193 | Props total: 51 51
4th behind jordan an behind jordan russell, and shaq ,yes n*ggas i said it shaq! ill be waitin for the kobe stans to get emotional
 8 years ago '09        #10
flystylez 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 TheG1ftedOne said:
key word MEDIA...i can already see espn doing a slurp job on kobe..then bringing up a diagram of him and mj
 8 years ago '09        #11
paidNfull 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,868 | Props total: 107 107
lmao @ Jordan having Byron Russell or John Stockton guarding him, Kobe would destroyed them cats
 12-20-2009, 09:40 PM         #12
rawproduct03 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheT said:
Go on google and type "Kobe greatest of all time" and watch how many results you get.

Kobe = GOAT :applause:
^^^go to the united center and see how many banners jordan put up there......look up scoring titles and see how many jordan put up there......

jordan = G.O.A.T
 8 years ago '08        #13
Andre3stacks 20 heat pts20
space
space
$18,928 | Props total: 7319 7319
Hes the most talented player of all time. Decisions hes made tho on and off the court are the only things that have kept him from being the undisputed GOAT.
 8 years ago '06        #14
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,973 | Props total: 10632 10632
no he's not...and no matter what he does from this point on it will only be because he played more seasons.the easiest way to end this debate is to think about kobe on an all time level rather then comparing him to jordan like stern and the media always does.How can kobe be the greatest ever when he wasn't even the best on his team when he was winnin chips.We know who the top dog was when they were both in their prime...how can he be the best ever when he wasn't even the best laker ever (shaq,kareem,and magic are all more then debateable).And how can u say he is the greatest ever when at no point in his career u can clearly name him the best in the league.Back when all the rings were being won it was shaq and duncan...now they're older and it's between lebron and kobe in many peoples eyes but it like this.

think about it like this...shaq is prolly top 5-10 ever...when u say who ranks higher on the all time list shaq or kobe u gotta think and it's a valid argument.When u ask who ranks higher on the all time list jordan or shaq..it's not even a question.Tim duncan is best PF ever and prolly 5-10 all time and when u ask who ranks higher all time duncan or kobe...u gotta think and honestly not sure how u can put kobe over duncan.When u ask who ranks higher all time jordan or duncan...it's not even a question

point is since mike's first retirement they have been lookin for somebody to replace him goin back to minor,iverson,stackhouse,hill,hardaway,bryant,jame s...and they put this s**t in ur head for marketing purposes.Kobe is the second best shooting guard of all time...but just because ur the second best shooting guard of all time and the first best sg is ranked number 1 overall does not mean ur ranked number 2 overall.Before kobe on the all time list where was the second best Sg at?Nowhere in top 10...there is a huge gap between that....kobe is in the 5-10 range and just cracked that with his last chip
 12-20-2009, 09:52 PM         #15
colhu7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how does 5&2 = 6&6?

i still dont understand this argument of steeper competition today? there might be some better athletes today but that doesnt translate to being a better baskaetball player. who cares if a guy can jump out of the stadium if he has no skill set.
 8 years ago '09        #16
flystylez 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 philly337 said:
no he's not...and no matter what he does from this point on it will only be because he played more seasons.the easiest way to end this debate is to think about kobe on an all time level rather then comparing him to jordan like stern and the media always does.How can kobe be the greatest ever when he wasn't even the best on his team when he was winnin chips.We know who the top dog was when they were both in their prime...how can he be the best ever when he wasn't even the best laker ever (shaq,kareem,and magic are all more then debateable).And how can u say he is the greatest ever when at no point in his career u can clearly name him the best in the league.Back when all the rings were being won it was shaq and duncan...now they're older and it's between lebron and kobe in many peoples eyes but it like this.

think about it like this...shaq is prolly top 5-10 ever...when u say who ranks higher on the all time list shaq or kobe u gotta think and it's a valid argument.When u ask who ranks higher on the all time list jordan or shaq..it's not even a question.Tim duncan is best PF ever and prolly 5-10 all time and when u ask who ranks higher all time duncan or kobe...u gotta think and honestly not sure how u can put kobe over duncan.When u ask who ranks higher all time jordan or duncan...it's not even a question

point is since mike's first retirement they have been lookin for somebody to replace him goin back to minor,iverson,stackhouse,hill,hardaway,bryant,jame s...and they put this s**t in ur head for marketing purposes.Kobe is the second best shooting guard of all time...but just because ur the second best shooting guard of all time and the first best sg is ranked number 1 overall does not mean ur ranked number 2 overall.Before kobe on the all time list where was the second best Sg at?Nowhere in top 10...there is a huge gap between that....kobe is in the 5-10 range and just cracked that with his last chip
i see where you coming from but.....

kobe affects the game in so many ways

shaq never went out and scored 50 or 60

shaq never won a ring without a 2guard

there's much more parody now then it was with jordan

i'm not looking for a mj replacement

but what the man has done is crazy

remember those years when lakers were trashed

he averaged 40pts in one month

no talent around him

last person to do that was mj

shaq timmy or whoever you wanna name can have a off night or year

when the last shaq has been shaq

kobe plays with a broken whatever and stills drops 30plus

that goat tlk for you
 8 years ago '06        #17
jj01 
space
space
$44,946 | Props total: 4665 4665
3 bridesmaid awards he won in the finals should eliminate him from contention, as well as basically throwing a finals series and quitting in another
 8 years ago '09        #18
flystylez 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 colhu7 said:
how does 5&2 = 6&6?

i still dont understand this argument of steeper competition today? there might be some better athletes today but that doesnt translate to being a better baskaetball player. who cares if a guy can jump out of the stadium if he has no skill set.
i address the 6&6 thing...we know he did that

steep comp...i'm not talking about the offenses end of the floor..

i'm speaking from a defenses standpoint. scoring is down from 20 years ago..defense has vastly improved. all around talent has improved.
 8 years ago '09        #19
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,183 | Props total: 24 24
Ok... lets say Kobe gets 7 rings and ends up with 4 Finals MVPs and 2 regular season MVPs

Then what?
 8 years ago '06        #20
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,973 | Props total: 10632 10632
 colhu7 said:
how does 5&2 = 6&6?

s**t makes me laugh..they keep sayin get one more chip and all this s**t and can't grasp how 6 and 6 = 5 and 2 or how 10 scoring titles (6 straight and 3 straight) equals 2 scoring titles.....or being 2nd all time in steals equals not being in top 25...list goes on and on but not even gettin into it

all i'ma say is if u even got to THINK who ranks higher on an all time list between kobe/shaq or kobe/duncan u should smack urself for even arguing being the greatest ever.U can keep goin down the list also...who ranks higher maigc or kobe....bird or kobe.....kareem or kobe.....russell or kobe...wilt or kobe...u have to think about all those and all can be an argument and in most if not all kobe will lose the argument.jordan has already surpassed all of those.
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
46 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
218 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
42 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
56 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
322 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
139 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy