Who is better ROSE or WESTBROOK?

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
137 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside January Rose
11 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Rose or westbrook????
Rose 60 53.10%
westbrook 45 39.82%
they are even 8 7.08%
Voters: 113. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '08        #221
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
Rose and its not close really...
 8 years ago '08        #222
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
 Michael Jordan said:
I'd trade 2 Russell Westbrooks for one Derrick Rose.

The goat has spoken.

Close thread.

The GOAT should make more appearances on here.

We need someone like you.
 03-04-2010, 12:14 AM         #223
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i'd say the biggest difference between the 2 is DEFENSE...in which westbrook is MUCH better at it than rose...
 8 years ago '05        #224
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
$8,682 | Props total: 507 507
 PEK said:
You, Iamaze, In4mous, Burgandy and Lil Jay make these threads go plat. With out yall these threads wouldnt be more than 1 page. Its that yall come in show Rose love tho.
I don't make Rose threads Stop reaching man. I am always getting brought up in something that has to do with Rose.
 8 years ago '06        #225
unotready 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,104 | Props total: 16 16
 IAmazeMyself said:
Fluke red hot shooting night. Thunder in a series win easy. But we were talking about Rose making his teammates better along with his passing skills and vision.

you sure about that? I think Rose proved that he can step up in the playoffs.. rose is a problem, so is westbrook, but he doesn't have the full package like Rose does. Westbrook is good in transition but his half court game is nowhere near roses.
 8 years ago '09        #226
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,183 | Props total: 24 24
Uh Oh

OJ Mayo vs. Derrick Rose tommorow

Lets see what happens
 8 years ago '04        #227
Kush Charasi 25 heat pts25
space
space
$5,134 | Props total: 120 120
 TheG1ftedOne said:
Uh Oh

OJ Mayo vs. Derrick Rose tommorow

Lets see what happens
Predictions?

Rose: 24, 6, 5
Mayo: 17, 4, 4

1 - 0 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 100% 122 (+9) 
  Career: | Aug 10: 8-3, Rank #235 | Aug 08: 5-3, Rank #515 *
 8 years ago '09        #228
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,183 | Props total: 24 24
 vshah24 said:
Predictions?

Rose: 24, 6, 5
Mayo: 17, 4, 4
OJ is due for a big game here soon, he's been cold lately

I say

Mayo 25, 3, 4

Rose 24, 5, 7

That my prediction

and hopefully a Grizzlies W
 8 years ago '07        #229
jordanfreak7 8 heat pts
space
space
$6,654 | Props total: 40 40
two guys with unlimited potential, to tell you the truth i'd take either OR, but i'll say rose because westbrook is nice but he has a top tier scorer right by his side
 8 years ago '05        #230
GLOCKN SKIMASK 86 heat pts86
space
space
$6,504 | Props total: 991 991
lol rose a pg that you have to defend like lebron he get double triple team teams use every man on there team to guard westbrook never have that much attention on him and rose still destroy them let rose play along side durrant rose would be averaging 30 n 10 mean no double or triple teams
 8 years ago '07        #231
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,828 | Props total: 4801 4801
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
This is why you're an idiot.

Rose has flaws, but you're incorrect at recognizing them, giving in-game examples, and knowing team offensive structure. He's a PG and nobody's and I've heard nobody outside of Boxden say otherwise.
his main flaw is poor court vision lol,which is all we been sayin.
o really lmao

The Kids: Guys on rookie deals (or younger) that are either worthy of these lists now or will be soon [and yes, this is how I rank them in terms of where they’ll be at their respective peaks]

John Wall: One of the hardest high-level prospects to compare to any current or past NBA player. For now, I’ll say he’s Derrick Rose with better court vision and passing ability. The first true athletic freak who can also run an NBA offense from the PG position.

Ricky Rubio: The closest thing to a young Jason Kidd that we have in the youth ranks. Rubio is the most creative passer under the age of 30 and should be able to lead teams and offenses for the next decade. His lateral quickness is a little worrisome, but he’s crafty and instinctive enough to make do.

Stephen Curry: There is a good deal of Santa Clara-era Steve Nash in Mr. Curry. He has phenomenal instincts and a very strong toolbox for a guy who will absolutely play PG in the NBA. Once he gets more settled in a leadership role on a team with chemistry on and off the court, he will make an even larger impact than his great rookie season.

Russell Westbrook: Another physically gifted guy who is getting a sense for the position. Westbrook benefits (like many PG’s young and old) from being in a system where he doesn’t have to run the offense all the time and is already a major disruptive force on offense and defense. As he matures and grows into a larger role in the offense, the sky is the limit.

Brandon Jennings: While his recent struggles offensively are disconcerting, Jennings is benefiting greatly from having a coach who can teach defense in Scotty Skiles. A guy with Brandon’s physical gifts who can play defense and play within himself in crunch time could rocket up the list in short time.

Derrick Rose: Obviously it will be jarring to most that he is this low in the Kids rankings, but that is more a credit to the others above him than a slight to Rose. Derrick is a physical talent with few parallels and can already be the best player on a playoff team. For him to take the next step, he needs to be able to run an offense and play better D.

Mike Conley: His development has taken a backseat in Memphis to a series of Grizzlies who dominate the ball, yet Conley can absolutely become a true lead guard if given the opportunity. As another bonus, he currently stands 10th in three point shooting at 43%- very solid.

Ty Lawson: Still not clear whether he’ll be a starter or spark plug in the long term, but the kid can play and make a major impact either way. Lawson has solid instincts and elite quickness, making him a major a.sset in whatever role he’s needed to play.

Aaron Brooks: Speaking of three-point gunners, Brooks has a major adjustment considering the injuries and personnel changes his Rockets have gone through in the past year. Playing with the uber-efficient Kevin Martin could help his a.ssist numbers in a meaningful way.

Jonny Flynn: Jonny is a guy who got an undue bump in the draft because of how awesome a person he is, but he still has the talent to be a starting PG for a long time. Flynn needs to focus on what he excels on and work on his defense as well.

Darren Collison: The breakout star of this class during the month of February, DC has been the beneficiary of CP3’s unfortunate injury due to an absolute ton of playing time. His long-term role is probably closer to Ty Lawson’s than the stud PG we have seen over the last month, but Collison’s defensive ability and explosiveness will make him a desirable player on almost any team.

Jrue Holiday: The only kid who makes this list because of his defense over his offense. Jrue has the physical gifts to be a rare stopper at point guard with the skill to run the offense and make teams pay for giving him too much leeway.

Eric Maynor: While he likely will not get a chance to make his name known for a little while thanks to the scary-good guard depth Oklahoma City carries, Maynor will be a starting point guard in the NBA someday. He is a leader on and off the court and has the physical ability and the moxie to stand toe-to-toe with just about anyone this league has to offer at the position as he develops.

Mario Chalmers: Despite his current turmoil, Super Nintendo Chalmers stands as a guy who should be a lead guard in the NBA in the right system. Another potential defensive powerhouse, Chalmers may be better off with a ball-dominating SG like he has in D-Wade, at least for the time being.

That’s 34 players, more than one for every NBA team. Only the Knicks, Pistons and Lakers do not have one of the aforementioned point guards.

Furthermore, I decided not to include guys like Tyreke Evans, Rodney Stuckey, George Hill, and Lou Williams who are more off-guards/SG’s than lead guards/PG’s (though the distinctions get awfully blurry at points, especially with Tyreke). Add them to the list and it gets even more impressive.

Read more:

but dont worry.i know these guys are just haters also who neva watch games,neva seen rose play and dont know s**t about ball
 8 years ago '05        #232
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,729 | Props total: 12514 12514
This n*gga don't even have Russell Westbrook in his top 5 of young PG's and has Rose at the bottom of the list . That REALGM article is written by a pure dumbass, and he's no different from you and I on those message boards. Anyone can write an article for Realgm if you know a few of the MODS.

If you go look on the message boards everyone is calling that article pure trash.

This is his list of how it will end up after each player makes their peak.
1.John Wall
2.Ricky Rubio
3.Stephen Curry
4.Brandon Jennings
5.Derrick Rose

2 n*ggas not in the NBA at the top.

Last edited by Hold That; 03-04-2010 at 01:29 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #233
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,828 | Props total: 4801 4801
 Hold That said:
This n*gga don't even have Russell Westbrook in his top 5 of young PG's and has Rose at the bottom of the list . That REALGM article is written by a pure dumbass, and he's no different from you and I on those message boards. Anyone can write an article for Realgm if you know a few of the MODS.
If you go look on the message boards everyone is calling that article pure trash.

1.John Wall
2.Ricky Rubio
3.Stephen Curry
4.Brandon Jennings
5.Derrick Rose

westbrook is at #4

wall is tha player every1 thought rose would be,an rubio was known as tha berst p.g outside tha u.s.both will be in tha league sonn enough but even takin them off,rose would still be at 4

y is he a pure dumbass?cause he has a diff opinion.people are startin to see tha writin on tha wall.rose aint a real p.g
u can see he is a scorin guard all u want but last i check scorin guards were called shooting guards.everybody listed above rose has shown that they are great distributors as well as good scorers.
 03-04-2010, 02:06 PM         #234
IAmazeMyself  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hold That said:

1.John Wall
2.Ricky Rubio
3.Stephen Curry
4.Brandon Jennings
5.Derrick Rose

8 years ago '04        #235
ShaDoW1 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,031 | Props total: 1251 1251
people used to say the same thing about another point guard early in his career..."___________ has to learn not to go up in the air unless he knows what he's going to do"

DING DING DING Chauncey Billups used to be thought of a bust and not a real point guard...and look where he is now.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago