PSN is down don't sign on

most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
85 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
186 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
79 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
34 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #161
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
Its still down?!?
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '08        #162
sasuke-sama313 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,731 | Props total: 64 64
 sk8erongrass said:
Latest info on PlayStation Network Status

Posted by Patrick Seybold // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

As you may be aware, some customers have been unable to connect to the PlayStation Network today. This problem affects the models other than the new slim PS3.

We believe we have identified that this problem is being caused by a bug in the clock functionality incorporated in the system.

Errors include:

* The date of the PS3 system may be re-set to Jan 1, 2000.
* When the user tries to sign in to the PlayStation Network, the following
message appears on the screen; “An error has occurred. You have been
signed out of PlayStation Network (8001050F)”.
* When the user tries to launch a game, the following error message appears
on the screen and the trophy data may disappear; “Failed to install
trophies. Please exit your game.”
* When the user tries to set the time and date of the system via the
Internet, the following message appears on the screen; “The current date
and time could not be obtained. (8001050F)”
* Users are not able to play back certain rental video downloaded from the
PlayStation Store before the expiration date.

We hope to resolve this problem within the next 24 hours. In the meantime, if you have a model other than the new slim PS3, we advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data.

As mentioned above, please be advised that the new slim PS3 is not affected with this error. We are doing our best to resolve the issue and do apologize for any inconvenience caused.

For the latest status on this situation please continue to check either the PlayStation.Blog or PlayStation.com.
thanks 4 the info but i don't believe this s**t 1 bit. Why because the clock is automatically set for the leap year where as if u go to your clock the 29 of february only appears on the leap year. Which means its not possible to set your date to february 29 of this year. Sony on some bulls**t.
 8 years ago '06        #163
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
 sasuke-sama313 said:
thanks 4 the info but i don't believe this s**t 1 bit. Why because the clock is automatically set for the leap year where as if u go to your clock the 29 of february only appears on the leap year. Which means its not possible to set your date to february 29 of this year. Sony on some bulls**t.
I dont' believe it either. I just turned my 60GB on, the date says 3/1 12:21AM and still won't connect. If it was a clock issue with the leap year why isn't it working now when it now says 3/1?

On top of that if we need a firmware update, it won't be happening through the PSN, we'd have to download it from the internet and transfer through a memory stick or something.

I'll be checking around 8pm tonight(24hours from when it went haywire), if its not working by then this whole 1 day leap year excuse is garbage.

Last edited by Soraci7; 03-01-2010 at 12:33 PM..
 8 years ago '08        #164
sasuke-sama313 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,731 | Props total: 64 64
 KSoraci7 said:
I dont' believe it either. I just turned my 60GB on, the date says 3/1 12:21AM and still won't connect. If it was a clock issue with the leap year why isn't it working now when it now says 3/1?

On top of that if we need a firmware update, it won't be happening through the PSN, we'd have to download it from the internet and transfer through a memory stick or something.

I'll be checking around 8pm tonight, if its not working by then this whole excuse is garbage.
im with u this has to do with something beyond what they telling up but whatever it is it cant be good 4 us
 03-01-2010, 12:44 PM         #165
fish250 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah it wont let me sign in on the psn and all the games i have are trying to make me get the trophies or whatever that i dont even care about. so sony is just f**king uphard right now?
 8 years ago '06        #166
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
We will all know the answer come 8pm tonight, 24hours from when this s**t first started(at least for me). If the clock & leap year excuse is truly the fault of this, then all should be ok come the 24hour later mark. If not, Sony's got a major f**kin problem on their hands.
 8 years ago '08        #167
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
space
$39,318 | Props total: 13698 13698
 KSoraci7 said:
We will all know the answer come 8pm tonight, 24hours from when this s**t first started(at least for me). If the clock & leap year excuse is truly the fault of this, then all should be ok come the 24hour later mark. If not, Sony's got a major f**kin problem on their hands.
Mines started like 6:00,6:30
 8 years ago '04        #168
VickVega 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,739 | Props total: 114 114
 03-01-2010, 01:06 PM         #169
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
have we always been able to update through flash drive? cause sometimes downloading anything on the ps takes forever. i think id rather update that way.
 8 years ago '05        #170
Mysteryman 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,295 | Props total: 1106 1106
 sasuke-sama313 said:
Are u that dumb have u not read any posts at all about the situation??

The PS3 has 2 clocks, an internal one that is always running and a OS one that shows up when you turn on your system

The OS clock which is what you see when you turn on you Ps3 knows thats there is no Feb 29 this year.

However the internal clock was programmed wrong by whoever the f**k manufactured older Ps3's (20,40,60 GB, etc) and actually thinks that this is a leap year with FEB 29

Therefore the internal clock is saying it is FEB 29 and the OS clock is saying it is MAR 1.
The two clocks are conflicting and therefore have went into a lockdown sort of mode because the system is confused as to what the hell is going on.

THE OS CLOCK IS DIFFERENT FROM THE SYSTEM CLOCK.

It is not a PSN issue because people with Ps3 slims and newer Ps3s are able to use their systems fine and online as well.

At 12 AM GMT (Around 8pm US EST) which is what the internal clock is running on it should reset itself (hopefully) and go over to March 1st
 8 years ago '06        #171
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
Since slims aren't affected & fat's are, Sony might have known about this calender issue all along. Maybe the internal clock is so simple it cannot be updated through a FW update, & its just a waiting game. At the end of the day Sony just views it as a 1 time 24hour inconvenience, which really isnt that big of a deal.

Last edited by Soraci7; 03-01-2010 at 01:18 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #172
Mysteryman 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,295 | Props total: 1106 1106
 KSoraci7 said:
Since slims aren't affected & fat's are, Sony might have known about this calender issue all along. Maybe the internal clock is so simple it cannot be updated through a FW update, & its just a waiting game. At the end of the day Sony just views it as a 1 time 24hour inconvenience, which really isnt that big of a deal.
Some people on other game website boards have manually taken apart their systems and removed the battery for the internal clock and reset it themselves and have confirmed that it is working fine afterwards

So hopefully the systems can reset themselves in a few hours or everyone is gonna be breaking their warranty fixing their systems
 8 years ago '04        #173
heat01 
space
space
$389 | Props total: 3 3
i use to think ps3>360 but its reversed now..

360>ps3
 8 years ago '08        #174
Head2DaSky 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,062 | Props total: 14 14
 heat01 said:

360>ps3
I'll take this b4 RROD any day of the week.
 03-01-2010, 01:39 PM         #175
fish250 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 heat01 said:

360>ps3
real talk. this is pissing me off
 8 years ago '08        #176
Head2DaSky 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,062 | Props total: 14 14
 KSoraci7 said:

I'll be checking around 8pm tonight(24hours from when it went haywire), if its not working by then this whole 1 day leap year excuse is garbage.
Firmware updates dont happen through PSN anyway. It goes through the internet. If you check you can still get on the internet browser.
 8 years ago '06        #177
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
 heat01 said:

360>ps3
 fish250 said:
real talk. this is pissing me off
except it hasnt even been 24 hours yet & the multimedia functions still work with all your music/vids still there.

If this problem is alleviated tonight as expected would you still stand by that statement, or are you just being a crybaby right now.

Last edited by Soraci7; 03-01-2010 at 01:51 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #178
bootlegking0602 
space
space
space
$329 | Props total: 2 2
i wonder if mine is going to reset at 6:30 because that was the time it had on it when i turned it on
 03-01-2010, 01:48 PM         #179
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 fish250 said:
real STUPID talk. this is pissing me off
fixed

and cmon people it could be alot worse (RROD = 2-3 weeks) this is only 24-48 hrs of downtime get the f**k over it.

*goes back to playing MAG*
 8 years ago '06        #180
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
 Mysteryman said:
Some people on other game website boards have manually taken apart their systems and removed the battery for the internal clock and reset it themselves and have confirmed that it is working fine afterwards

So hopefully the systems can reset themselves in a few hours or everyone is gonna be breaking their warranty fixing their systems
Some people severely need lives. Although that sounds promising, i'll take it with a grain of salt.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
joie chavis
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
92 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
188 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
70 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
61 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy