Akon Won, Lady GaGa Is Certifed Diamond Over 10 Million Sold

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
28 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
67 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-28-2010, 05:10 PM         #41
Halftimee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You gotta admire the fact that in an age where ghost writers are very prominent she: writes her own lyrics, she doesn't really need the help of audio vocoders to sound good or have a hit single, and she's taking the performance of her music to a whole new level. I'm not really into any of her joints besides maybe Paparazzi a little bit, but I do respect what she does and I'm open to hearing her new music.
 02-28-2010, 05:17 PM         #42
Cipherr 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wow n*ggas is catching mad feelings over some chick who aint rap, aint rnb, aint even relevant to our interest getting some money.

Man oh man what it must be like to live the life of a hater. Forced to give a s**t about people who aint even important because you have a 'condition' that requires you to hate on anyone more successful than yourself. Seriously....lol @ giving a f**k about Lady Gaga or the teeny boppers who buy her music. You n*ggas is on yo jobs.
 8 years ago '04        #43
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,815 | Props total: 1849 1849
why are ppl on a hip hop board so salty over a pop artist? Usually the hate is reserved for other rap artists stealing the spotlight from whoever their backpacking favorite rapper is. On another note the chick deserves what she gets, she been grinding for a minute, writes her own songs, spends almost all her income on her show, doesn't use any damn auto tune, and sings live. She probably puts more work in than the majority of your favorite artist, and probably puts more into life period than some of the bums on this board complaining.
 8 years ago '04        #44
haterade2885 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,780 | Props total: 102 102
 NuffGanja said:
IE Outkast...MC Hammer...Biggie...Eminem
wrong about eminem.

Marshall Mathers LP: This album has been certified diamond by the Recording Industry a.ssociation of America (RIAA), with sales of over 10 million in the United States ALONE and more than 20 million worldwide. - wikipedia
 8 years ago '04        #45
efromthev 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,589 | Props total: 440 440
I dont even listen to Lady Gaga but I would listen to her before I knocked some of these garbage rappers for sure. Her beats are s**tting on alot of these generic hip hop synth beats.
 8 years ago '04        #46
PrisonRules 70 heat pts70
space
space
$26,137 | Props total: 4535 4535
 McmasterlockPt2 said:

[pic - click to view]

He's rich too but that don't make him likeable! Ur point?
Posted via Mobile Device
10 mil in her country? i think she is liked. i dont like her but 10 mil ppl do. u lost
 8 years ago '05        #47
hbk83 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,037 | Props total: 1232 1232
 Kipbreak said:
Gaga and Nikki >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Alicia Keys
ya know i was just laughing at the s**t in this thread until i saw this and thought what a sick demented person
 8 years ago '06        #48
kevkhalee 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,319 | Props total: 120 120
 Fly or Die said:
You definitely don't get certified Diamond for selling 10 million world wide. You get certified Diamond for selling 10 million in the US. She is only certified 2x Platinum.
why you hatin?
let her get her shine on!
 8 years ago '07        #49
KrazynKreative 
space
space
space
$75 | Props total: 0 0
 hbk83 said:
ya know i was just laughing at the s**t in this thread until i saw this and thought what a sick demented person
For real though, I was wondering how long it would be before somebody caught that...

Gaga and Alicia are in two different categories so they cant be compared...

And Nikki cool in all (in my opinion.. I like crazy)... but c'mon son
 02-28-2010, 06:03 PM         #50
majiccity2222 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
why are ppl on a hip hop board so salty over a pop artist? Usually the hate is reserved for other rap artists stealing the spotlight from whoever their backpacking favorite rapper is. On another note the chick deserves what she gets, she been grinding for a minute, writes her own songs, spends almost all her income on her show, doesn't use any damn auto tune, and sings live. She probably puts more work in than the majority of your favorite artist, and probably puts more into life period than some of the bums on this board complaining.
Couldn't of said it better myself! Ppl on this board love to discredit artists who are not ignorant street rappers. Her vocals=great, her lyrics/songwriting=great, her beats=better than 99% of the pop/rap industys beats, her stage performance is a work of art, AND top it all off- SHE PLAYS AN INSTRUMENT, (piano) and does it well. Lady gaga is undeniably talented.
 02-28-2010, 06:04 PM         #51
sniper1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WiLL i Am said:
u actin like Nikki Minaj is pullin in these numbers??

matterfact ur fav rapper.
be easy i wasnt trying to s**t on her sales in any way shape or form just clearing something up. Also please dont mention nicki mintrash, any male who actually listens to her music not her videos is a f*g.
Posted via Mobile Device
 02-28-2010, 06:24 PM         #52
RAM 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 N I K E said:

[pic - click to view]

FUKK OUTTA HERE....
 02-28-2010, 06:27 PM         #53
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kipbreak said:
Gaga and Nikki >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Alicia Keys

[pic - click to view]

n*gga k!ll yourself.
 8 years ago '08        #54
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,743 | Props total: 11629 11629
Bad Romance>>>>>>>>Nikki Manaji career

Get:angry-smiley-030: Hiphop4ever
 02-28-2010, 06:28 PM         #55
RAM 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You n*ggas k!ll me with these gifs lmao
 8 years ago '05        #56
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,735 | Props total: 2230 2230
@ The haters. She deserves this, works hard, mad unique style. her music is hers, not ghost written. Dont like it, kick rocks then, she still rich as f**k. you wish u had her money.
 8 years ago '10        #57
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,318 | Props total: 8300 8300
 N I K E said:

[pic - click to view]

FUKK OUTTA HERE....
Lmao at the gif....props 4 that
 8 years ago '09        #58
Gonzilla 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,485 | Props total: 57 57
I thought only Eminem, Nelly, Michael Jackson, and Nsync were Diamond status.

Didn't know about 50 Cent nor Biggie.

And now Lady Gaga, I guess.
 8 years ago '05        #59
kingPatanello 
space
space
$427 | Props total: 0 0
 P. Dedos said:
how many rappers have gone diamond?

50 cent

who else?
50 never reached Diamond status actually, his best selling album is GRODT, 9 times plat.

Certified Diamond albums (10 mil in the US) are:

Notorious B.I.G. - "Life After death"
Mc Hammer - "Please Hammer, Don't Hurt 'Em"
Outkast - "Speakerboxxx/The Love Below"

"Speakerboxxx/The Love Below" is the highest selling album by a rap artist and the highest selling album recorded after 2000.

Beastie Boys' "Licensed to Ill" sold more than 9mil in the US but it's not diamond certified yet, same with Eminem's MMLP.
 02-28-2010, 07:33 PM         #60
Quasi 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
All i see is an artist who makes the same generic electro stuff as most ppl. She makes it known that she's into art and purposely walks around in outlandish things just so she can stick out from the other mess that makes music just like her.

I give her her props because if it wasn't for her ability to play the piano and rearrange her music b**ch would not have a talented leg to stand on.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
48 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
187 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
148 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy