Is Derrick Rose the GOAT PG....

most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
84 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Benzino Speaks On Joe Budden's Opinion Of Eminem's Music
67 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
47 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '08        #221
Andre3stacks 20 heat pts20
space
space
$18,931 | Props total: 7327 7327
 Hold That said:
But you're trying to convince us that Westbrook is better at passing then Rose yet he only put up 5ast?

You have no arguement. Go away now.
Rose team was loaded with players. Hinrich, Gordon, Salmons, Noah. Westbrook didn't have those pieces last year esp without Durant how was he gonna put up that many a.ssists honestly?
 8 years ago '05        #222
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,734 | Props total: 12555 12555
 Andre3stacks said:
Rose team was loaded with players. Hinrich, Gordon, Salmons, Noah. Westbrook didn't have those pieces last year esp without Durant how was he gonna put up that many a.ssists honestly?
He put up 5 a.ssist in a 7 game stretch, and had 2 or 3 games where he had 1 or 2 a.ssist. Only reason why his average increased was because he had one 10assist game.

I'm not going to argue comparing a full season to a 7 game stretch. Thats f**kin stupid.
 8 years ago '08        #223
Andre3stacks 20 heat pts20
space
space
$18,931 | Props total: 7327 7327
 Hold That said:
He put up 5 a.ssist in a 7 game stretch, and had 2 or 3 games where he had 1 or 2 a.ssist. Only reason why his average increased was because he had one 10assist game.

I'm not going to argue comparing a full season to a 7 game stretch. Thats f**kin stupid.
Why ignore a 10 a.ssist game?? Like it didn't happen or something. Like he didn't have a 8 or 7 a.ssist game during that stretch.

Its either that or speak out your a.ss and say "Westbrook benefits highly from having Durant cuz his a.ssists=53%"<<which Id like a source for that by the way.

Last edited by Andre3stacks; 02-28-2010 at 06:14 PM..
 8 years ago '09        #224
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,183 | Props total: 24 24
 BrownBag said:
every f**kin time theres a thread about rose YOURRRRRRRRRRRRRR the 1 who brings up mayo

EDIT: actually you just being here hating on rose makes US bring out mayo cuz u d*ck ride like no other. stop jockin that n*gga let him breathe
Lol @ you having to go back and edit yourself because your wrong about me bringing up Mayo... I never bring Mayo up until one of you Rose d*ckriders bring him up

Your telling me to let a n*gga breathe when we got a weekly Rose thread that goes 10 pages sayin Rose top 3 PG, he got potential to be one of the best ever, he is the Lebron of his position... Ya'll need to let Rose breathe, all that pressure gone suffocate him
 8 years ago '06        #225
Trap$tar 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,880 | Props total: 2718 2718
 TheG1ftedOne said:
n*gga Mayo average 17.9 and now thats 17? We call that 18

and the way the Grizzlies offense is structured, it doesnt give Mayo the freedom to do what he can on offense. He doesnt have the chance to be a playmaker like he should be, and he doesnt have the chance to score like he should be. There are plenty of other Grizzlies fans that know Mayo could average 25 a game and put up at least 5 a.ssists, becuase they know how their offense works and Mayo gets limited touches. Once he becomes the focal point of a team, his numbers will be on a level of the elite SG in the league (ala Wade, Kobe, Roy, etc).

But Eric Gordon is a good scorer though I'm not even going to deny that becuase he is a good scorer who will be a great scorer in the future.

But he is nowhere near the playmaker or player overall Mayo is.

so... Mayo>>>>>>>>Gordon

Maybe there is a reason why he gets limited touches. And Gordon gets less touches than Mayo and puts up the same exact numbers.

And the reason I bring up Mayo is because im quoting you plus I dont log on to Boxden when Im at work because of all the t*tties that pop up on the avatars. So which is why Im replying today.

Mayo should actually have better numbers since he gets to play with Gasol, Randolph, and Gay. Gay is having a more efficient year this year and he actually is the second option now.

Even if Mayo gets limited touches, he still only averages 17.7 (not 18 like you say) points per game on 15 shots a game. I can even turn this debate as to why you think Mayo is better than Gordon when Gordon does the same with less opportunities.
 02-28-2010, 07:00 PM         #226
IAmazeMyself  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Russ already 6 dimes in second quarter with 5+ remaining in 2nd Q, 1 more than Rose average.
 8 years ago '09        #227
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
 Trap$tar said:
Maybe there is a reason why he gets limited touches. And Gordon gets less touches than Mayo and puts up the same exact numbers.

And the reason I bring up Mayo is because im quoting you plus I dont log on to Boxden when Im at work because of all the t*tties that pop up on the avatars. So which is why Im replying today.

Mayo should actually have better numbers since he gets to play with Gasol, Randolph, and Gay. Gay is having a more efficient year this year and he actually is the second option now.

Even if Mayo gets limited touches, he still only averages 17.7 (not 18 like you say) points per game on 15 shots a game. I can even turn this debate as to why you think Mayo is better than Gordon when Gordon does the same with less opportunities.
He gets limited touches because the Grizzlies have Rudy Gay (whose trying to get a fat contract), Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol. They run an offense where Conley brings the ball up and throws it in the post about 90% of the time. Thats the offense they run, theres nothing Mayo can do about it.

Mayo has averaged 17.9 before the Knicks game, but since his average when down .2 it goes from 18 to 17? Anyways...
How is Mayo going to have better numbers with 3 other players on the team who average at least 15 points? Rose wouldnt be putting up 20 a game in Mayo's position I can tell you that. Watch some Grizzlies games and see what I'm talking about. Mayo is a great scorer and has the potential to win a scoring title one day IMO with the right amount of touches. The only thing he needs to work on is his explosion and attacking the basket more than he does. He doesnt have "elite explosion" but he has some quiet athletic ability if you know what Im saying.

and as for Eric Gordon saying he does more with less oppurtunities, thats not necesarilly true becuase he takes 12.7 (13) shots per game and gets to the line about 5 times a game, if you base it solely on stats. I dont catch very many Clipper games so I couldnt tell you if he gets more oppurtunites or not. And the only thing you could argue abotu Gordon and Mayo is scoring. Thats it
 02-28-2010, 08:19 PM         #228
IAmazeMyself  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
14 pts, 10 dimes, 4 steals, 1 blk and 0 turns
 8 years ago '07        #229
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 Hold That said:
But Gordon is better than Mayo though..
 8 years ago '05        #230
lamarowns 
space
space
$1,969 | Props total: 612 612
damn 13 pages of rose hate well dude has def made it lol
 02-28-2010, 09:16 PM         #231
benweezyb4wayne  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lamarowns said:
damn 13 pages of rose hate well dude has def made it lol
you no a player is great or is going to be when he gets this much hate.
 8 years ago '09        #232
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
 BrownBag said:
obviously threadstarter was mistaken,thought the 3 was a 5 lol wtf who am i kidding. dont come in here hatin though. we're just happy to witness greatness from him being in his second year.
I'm not hating, i toned down my hating on Rose.

I just "hate" on stupid comments about Rose how he is a top 3 PG, better than Joe Johnson, etc.

Rose is a great player quote me on that. Ya'll just overrate him right now.
 8 years ago '09        #233
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
 BrownBag said:
ummmmmmmmmmm ur doing the same with OJ Mayo though.....
so I guess thats why I get hate for him right?

Im not really overrating him. Im not saying he's going to be one of the greats of all-time or calling him better than Kobe or Joe Johnson. All I say is he could be putting up 20+ PPG in a different offense where he doesnt have to share the rock with the 3 other players who score 15 PPG at least.

I dont know how me saying Mayo being a great scorer or playmaker is overrating him when he really is a great scorer and a great playmaker when he actually get suffcient touches
 8 years ago '06        #234
Trap$tar 8 heat pts
space
space
 TheG1ftedOne said:
He gets limited touches because the Grizzlies have Rudy Gay (whose trying to get a fat contract), Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol. They run an offense where Conley brings the ball up and throws it in the post about 90% of the time. Thats the offense they run, theres nothing Mayo can do about it.

Mayo has averaged 17.9 before the Knicks game, but since his average when down .2 it goes from 18 to 17? Anyways...
How is Mayo going to have better numbers with 3 other players on the team who average at least 15 points? Rose wouldnt be putting up 20 a game in Mayo's position I can tell you that. Watch some Grizzlies games and see what I'm talking about. Mayo is a great scorer and has the potential to win a scoring title one day IMO with the right amount of touches. The only thing he needs to work on is his explosion and attacking the basket more than he does. He doesnt have "elite explosion" but he has some quiet athletic ability if you know what Im saying.

and as for Eric Gordon saying he does more with less oppurtunities, thats not necesarilly true becuase he takes 12.7 (13) shots per game and gets to the line about 5 times a game, if you base it solely on stats. I dont catch very many Clipper games so I couldnt tell you if he gets more oppurtunites or not. And the only thing you could argue abotu Gordon and Mayo is scoring. Thats it
Mayo also only averages 1 more rebound and 1 more a.ssist. Also Gordon is also the third option behind Kaman and Baron. If Mayo was as great as you make him out to be, which is top scorer in the league one day, then management should realize his potential and obviously they dont (if the rumors are true that they wanted to trade him for Ellis)

And from the look of things Grizzlies have a pretty good front office the way they turned around this team from making them a laughingstock last year to a more respectable team.

And yes I do agree that Mayo can average 25 a game but his team will most likely be under .500 like Kevin Martin last year or a Jerry Stackhouse when he was with the Pistons.

Also one thing like you said Mayo doesnt have that elite athleticism. This helps alot in a players earlier years. I think that will hold him back from being a top player in this league. This is why more people like Westbrook and Rose over Mayo because top athleticism is something you cant learn everything else you can work on. Mayo may have a better jumper than Rose and Westbrook but they already can get to rim and finish at their young age a jumper they can get later on and Rose has developed a nice jumper already in his 2nd year. Driving to the lane is much harder develope since its more about a willingness to do so.

We are basically at a wait and see approach still at this point with all the 2008 players. All we have his opinions and hearsay.
 8 years ago '06        #235
Trap$tar 8 heat pts
space
space
 TheG1ftedOne said:
so I guess thats why I get hate for him right?

Im not really overrating him. Im not saying he's going to be one of the greats of all-time or calling him better than Kobe or Joe Johnson. All I say is he could be putting up 20+ PPG in a different offense where he doesnt have to share the rock with the 3 other players who score 15 PPG at least.

I dont know how me saying Mayo being a great scorer or playmaker is overrating him when he really is a great scorer and a great playmaker when he actually get suffcient touches
Also here is the thing though. Its like you have a whole lot of excuses why Mayo doest perform better. I can give you excuses as to why Rose doesnt have better numbers but they mean nothing. As of right now you are what you are. He hasnt shown that he is a great playmaker. He has shown that he can be a good scorer. But his playmaking ability is lacking. If you are judging his playmaking ability on a couple of games where he gets 7, or 8 a.ssists then it means nothing. Ben Gordon had many games where he made some great passing plays and racked up alot of a.ssists, same thing with Jamal Crawford, even Rip Hamilton but I wouldnt call any of those guys great playmakers but they will have games where they make great plays. Mayo wasnt even a great playmaker in college when he was the number 1 guy.
 8 years ago '06        #236
Trap$tar 8 heat pts
space
space
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
IAmazeMyself 43
TheG1ftedOne 29

Hold That 26
ChiCity Fingaz 16
Andre3stacks 14
INF4MOUS 13
r.burgundy 12
Lil Jay 05 10

Good to know who's driving the thread.

Have you ever read anything Lil Jay has typed that was positive towards the Bulls. He is a supposed Bulls fans that just bashes and bashes a team. We all do it but we atleast have some good things to say about our team. He is also the only "Bulls fan" that dislikes Rose. you dont have to overrate Rose by calling him Top 3 PG but its still weird that you dont root for the best player on your team. Its like a Laker fan hating on Kobe.

Now I know there are some Bulls fans that overrate Rose by calling him the best PG but is that a reason to hate on him.
 8 years ago '09        #237
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
 Trap$tar said:
Mayo also only averages 1 more rebound and 1 more a.ssist. Also Gordon is also the third option behind Kaman and Baron. If Mayo was as great as you make him out to be, which is top scorer in the league one day, then management should realize his potential and obviously they dont (if the rumors are true that they wanted to trade him for Ellis)

And from the look of things Grizzlies have a pretty good front office the way they turned around this team from making them a laughingstock last year to a more respectable team.

And yes I do agree that Mayo can average 25 a game but his team will most likely be under .500 like Kevin Martin last year or a Jerry Stackhouse when he was with the Pistons.

Also one thing like you said Mayo doesnt have that elite athleticism. This helps alot in a players earlier years. I think that will hold him back from being a top player in this league. This is why more people like Westbrook and Rose over Mayo because top athleticism is something you cant learn everything else you can work on. Mayo may have a better jumper than Rose and Westbrook but they already can get to rim and finish at their young age a jumper they can get later on and Rose has developed a nice jumper already in his 2nd year. Driving to the lane is much harder develope since its more about a willingness to do so.

We are basically at a wait and see approach still at this point with all the 2008 players. All we have his opinions and hearsay.
Yes I agree, the Grizzlies team has turned around but when you draft 2 busts in the top 4 picks in 4 years thats not helping your cause, and when you have highest pick ever going to the D League thats not a good look. I mean not trading Mayo for Ellis, that s**t was just a rumor and Ellis isnt a scrub. The n*gga average 26 a game.

I mean, Mayo doesnt have elite athleticism but he also doesnt have poor athleticism. He had a higher running vertical than Derrick Rose did

But your right all we have is opinions and hearsay and I try to back and base my opinions with credible facts and real "analysis" lol... I aint tryna talk out my a.ss.
 8 years ago '07        #238
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,835 | Props total: 4815 4815
 TheG1ftedOne said:
Yes I agree, the Grizzlies team has turned around but when you draft 2 busts in the top 4 picks in 4 years thats not helping your cause, and when you have highest pick ever going to the D League thats not a good look. I mean not trading Mayo for Ellis, that s**t was just a rumor and Ellis isnt a scrub. The n*gga average 26 a game.

I mean, Mayo doesnt have elite athleticism but he also doesnt have poor athleticism. He had a higher running vertical than Derrick Rose did

But your right all we have is opinions and hearsay and I try to back and base my opinions with credible facts and real "analysis" lol... I aint tryna talk out my a.ss.
tha problem wit u rose stans is that yall are extremely delusional.its always rose fault when chi wins,but neva his fault when they lose.u wanna see delusional chi fan,check my new sig.this idiot actually said guards arent supposed to make 3's

stans will hav u believe rose is playin wit middle schoolers and nobody on that roster can do anything.s**t is plain silly.i like d.rose but bottom line is he isnt a p.g.he has poor court vision.yall act like dude is just witout a flaw and his 6 a.ssists is everybody elses fault.s**t is just silly
 8 years ago '05        #239
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
$8,687 | Props total: 513 513
 Trap$tar said:
Have you ever read anything Lil Jay has typed that was positive towards the Bulls. He is a supposed Bulls fans that just bashes and bashes a team. We all do it but we atleast have some good things to say about our team. He is also the only "Bulls fan" that dislikes Rose. you dont have to overrate Rose by calling him Top 3 PG but its still weird that you dont root for the best player on your team. Its like a Laker fan hating on Kobe.

Now I know there are some Bulls fans that overrate Rose by calling him the best PG but is that a reason to hate on him.
I'm just saying though....

I really have not even commented on Bulls about anything this season. I have never ripped the bulls, ever. Go find the post about that and I will delete my account at 10:00 am on Monday. Find anything I said about Rose that was negative in this thread. I really dont even care for really even talking about him. I just laugh at yall "Stans" and how yall defend him. All the power to you on that.

What I am trying to figure is I get called a "hater" for speaking my opinion about Rose saying he remind me of a Dwyane Wade. Wade is a top 5 player in the NBA and you f**king Stans get mad.

Oh well, thats life.

Last edited by Lil Jay 05; 03-01-2010 at 01:25 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #240
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
$8,687 | Props total: 513 513
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
Lil Jay 05 10
A good amount of my post dont even contain to anything about Rose in this thread....

Keep reaching for the stars, you got awhile to go before you get there.

Last edited by Lil Jay 05; 03-01-2010 at 01:32 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
37 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
71 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
288 comments
1 day ago