Intelligent People Have 'Unnatural' Preferences And Values That Are Novel In Human Evolution

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
89 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Offset got a new $70k Ric Flair chain
41 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Snoop Dogg Issues Warning To George Zimmerman: I Have Jay-Z’s Back
87 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTensionCord Got Sent To Prison Cause He Post Court Info On IG & His..
34 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #21
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,470 | Props total: 7118 7118
 Storchaveli said:
That part about people staying up later was spot on (I'm a f**kin night owl), but that "religious people tend to be less 'intelligent'" concept is complete bulls**t. I'm religious and my logic/reasoning is f**kin flawless.

On another note, if you wanna know who is stupid, check for the loud people.

If your logic/reason was flawless you would not be religious.

Sorry bro, you lose.
 03-10-2010, 06:15 AM         #22
Loose Cannon  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You know...Atheist don't believe in ANY God at all! They don't believe there is a "higher power". That ITSELF is "psychotic".
 8 years ago '08        #23
j-dub82 
space
space
$1,935 | Props total: 54 54
great article, i pretty much agree with all of it
 03-10-2010, 04:50 PM         #24
JerseyLegend  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Loose Cannon said:
You know...Atheist don't believe in ANY God at all! They don't believe there is a "higher power". That ITSELF is "psychotic".

[pic - click to view]

PLEASE explain how that is psychotic?
 03-10-2010, 05:35 PM         #25
KrayLay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Loose Cannon said:
Why is that psychotic?
 03-18-2010, 07:32 AM         #26
Loose Cannon  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JerseyLegend said:

[pic - click to view]

PLEASE explain how that is psychotic?

Lmao, so what? We just appeared? Poof!

03-18-2010, 12:45 PM         #27
KrayLay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Loose Cannon said:

lol, morons like you love to simplify and downplay concepts that you haven't the slightest clue about.
 7 years ago '07        #28
AwolRJ 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,189 | Props total: 4 4
 Loose Cannon said:

Ya sounds a lot better then say the white man was created in a test tube by the black jewish gods , or 2 of us started in a perfect paradise called eden and that b**ch made us eat the apple.
 7 years ago '08        #29
NYG155 
space
space
$1,020 | Props total: 0 0
I think the better question for this article is exactly what is intelligence? Once you learn about IQ tests you learn that they are not accurate measures of a person's intelligence.

Is intelligence the blind memorization and manipulation of written doctrine to define your life and justify your actions? Because if it is than lawyers and religous people have a lot in common.

Is it the manipulation of masses of people to agree and support your cause? Because then you can lump the politicians, gang leaders, and preachers together.

If its the ability to intrinsically examine the principles that you have been raised with and discard what doesn't work ( i.e. atheism) than the atheist that come from religous backgrounds should be clumped with the people that change political parties, the criminals that come from straight-laced upbringings (or vice-versa), the hoe's that were supposed to wait for marriage, and the college graduates that statistically weren'y supposed to graduate high school or live past 21.

What I'm trying to say is that intelligence is far too complicated to believe that you can gauge it with a test and to varied to believe that a certain set of beliefs and /or behaviors go with it. And for all of the atheists that were quick to say that thier view is a sign of intelligence, Albert Einstein was very religous.
 7 years ago '04        #30
dblock278 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,622 | Props total: 7 7
Why do people want to accumulate trivial 'facts' and opinions? Your not taking your 'smarts' with you. I don't take life as serious as you people.
 7 years ago '10        #31
dahurtado 
space
space
space
$127 | Props total: 0 0
funny things about atheists is that by denying that something exists or being anti-something you are actually validating the existence of sd thing........basically you cant have an anti- _____ movement if the _____ doesnt exist. you can only go againt the current if there is a current.
 7 years ago '09        #32
youngrob 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,186 | Props total: 14 14
I'm Atheist, I'm Liberal, I scored pretty high on the ACT, Graduated with honors...yeah this article sounds about right...lol really though

I think there are smart atheist, dumb atheist, smart theist as well as dumb theist, but on average the atheist are smart. When it comes to liberal vs conservative, I think liberals win by a landslide just watch fox news.
 7 years ago '10        #33
Bass G 16 heat pts16
space
space
$17,321 | Props total: 547 547
I dont even know where to start.

To all the people saying that atheists are usually smart on average. There are way more religious people than atheists so I have no clue why your saying that like its going to affect anything lol. Its too much of a difference in numbers in the 2 groups to make a fair comparison when it comes to that.

Also there is a difference between someone who comes to a religion on their own and firmly believes it and one that comes to a religion based on others and is forced to believe it.

Also just because someone is an atheist that doesn't make them any better than someone who is religious.

Last edited by Bass G; 12-02-2010 at 07:44 PM..
 12-26-2010, 01:34 AM         #34
illnigga22  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Metalzoa said:
Too much bias. Quite a lot of critically acclaimed scientists were/are religious heads.
Being a scientist is no indication you are a smarter person overall. You are just more knowledgeable in a particular field / discipline.

There are completely retarded atheists and the spectrum between smart and dumb religious people vs atheists will produce shockingly similar numbers.

Sorry to burst your bubble but atheism is not an indicator of superior mental capabilities.
Something has to be wrong with you if you believe in god. To believe in a imaginary deity thats all knowing and all powerful and can read your minds, and talk to you. You don't know where he/she/it is but yet you know that he/she/it is real..... that sounds like delusion to me ppl. Not sayin atheist are smarter but we are def. able to see things in a whole different light that theist cant because their thoughts are restricted due to their fear of hell.
 12-26-2010, 01:45 AM         #35
illnigga22  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dahurtado said:
funny things about atheists is that by denying that something exists or being anti-something you are actually validating the existence of sd thing........basically you cant have an anti- _____ movement if the _____ doesnt exist. you can only go againt the current if there is a current.
Did you know that when you were born you were and atheists too? Some atheist are not anti-theist. I'm an anti-theist because of all of the harm religion does to us as species. Religious beliefs k!ll ppl and for what cuz someone dosnt want to believe in the same imaginary friend in the sky as you. Religion is not necessary it is holding us back.
 12-26-2010, 01:47 AM         #36
illnigga22  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
If your logic/reason was flawless you would not be religious.

Sorry bro, you lose.
 7 years ago '10        #37
Bass G 16 heat pts16
space
space
 illn*gga22 said:
Something has to be wrong with you if you believe in god. To believe in a imaginary deity thats all knowing and all powerful and can read your minds, and talk to you. You don't know where he/she/it is but yet you know that he/she/it is real..... that sounds like delusion to me ppl. Not sayin atheist are smarter but we are def. able to see things in a whole different light that theist cant because their thoughts are restricted due to their fear of hell.
Nothing is wrong with you if you "believe" in a God. God is a forming idea and still an actual possibility.

Whats to stop atheist thought from being restricted to to fear of them actually being wrong and the theistic belief actually being right?
 illn*gga22 said:
Did you know that when you were born you were and atheists too? Some atheist are not anti-theist. I'm an anti-theist because of all of the harm religion does to us as species. Religious beliefs k!ll ppl and for what cuz someone dosnt want to believe in the same imaginary friend in the sky as you. Religion is not necessary it is holding us back.
When we were born we were more likely agnostic than atheist.

People k!ll people. The causes can come from anything even atheism as well. Your just biased to look at Religion because of your anti-theistic stance.

Religion is holding us back?
 12-30-2010, 03:39 PM         #38
KrayLay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Can you show me an instance of murder in the name of atheism?
 7 years ago '10        #39
Bass G 16 heat pts16
space
space
 KrayLay said:
Can you show me an instance of murder in the name of atheism?
Joseph Stalin, Atheist: 20 million plus dead
Mao-Tse-Tung, Atheist: 40 million plus dead
Adolf Hitler, Atheist: 10 million plus dead
Pol Pot, Atheist: 2 million dead
Kim-Il-Sung, Atheist: 5 million dead
Fidel Castro, Atheist: 1 million dead

^Non religion related.
 12-30-2010, 03:51 PM         #40
KrayLay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You don't understand. These people were atheists, yes. But did not k!ll because of atheism. Big difference.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
124 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
88 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
83 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
172 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
69 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
51 comments
23 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
36 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy