[[VIDEO]] WAKA FLOCK RESPONDS TO MeTHOD MAN .. "WU TANG WAS CRUNK MUSIC"

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
34 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
59 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #61
Angry_Black_757 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,664 | Props total: 0 0
Rappers who focus more on lyrics are not and will not be popular in today's mainstream, and that's a fact. As far as making money, you would have to be an old artist who was popular at one point to make any kind of new money today off of shows and overseas touring. Kind of like how the old Motown-era artists do now, or people like Lumidee. They will never be popular again in mainstream music but have maintained small followings from 20, 30, 40 years ago when their style of music was very popular - or when their one hit single did well. You can't be a new artist focusing straight on lyrics and make it nowadays. There hasn't been one to do that since the 90's.

What Waka said was the truth.

Also, lets not make this a region war. With different regions come different cultures and different tastes, simple as that.
 8 years ago '05        #62
Fresh|B 976 heat pts976
space
space
$43,434 | Props total: 25089 25089
 HotepSuns said:

[pic - click to view]

...That Gif Gets Me Everytime....I'm In Tears
 8 years ago '08        #63
lr501 
space
space
$3,183 | Props total: 40 40
 D I P S 3 T said:
He makes valid points, but wu tang fan boys and "real hip hop heads" will disagree.
this....
 8 years ago '05        #64
mike18theman 17 heat pts17
space
space
$6,162 | Props total: 610 610
 Fly or Die said:
"Swimmin in the money come and find me, Nemo"

i know i wasnt the only one who was like wtf??
 8 years ago '04        #65
RuggedSouljah 6 heat pts
space
space
$4,516 | Props total: 37 37
Whoa wait a minute - what did Meth really say that was disrespectful, that Waka Flocka's time is short?

...Well was he lyin'?
 8 years ago '06        #66
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
 Get it Right said:
I bet Raekown won't put his hands on Waka Flocka, Method Man looking like a hater right now, Wu-Tang is crunk.
First of all it's Raekwon man maybe you were typin 2 fast or sumthin. Second, How they gonna be hatin when they were just giving their own opinion about Waka's comment that he don't need to be lyrical when Hip-hop and real rap is about lyrics?

And Wu-Tang isn't crunk music. Crunk started in the South.ONYX was more of a Rowdy type but not crunk.

Last edited by davon4204; 02-24-2010 at 02:48 AM..
 8 years ago '04        #67
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
"They was usin' simple rhymes when they first came out"

Waka just blew minds with that line. 100% right... the message might have been different back then (obviously), but that boom bap classic rap had the most simplistic rhyme structures and schemes.

I most definitely wouldn't call Wu-Tang crunk music though, but I do agree with ol' boy on most of his other points.

I personally am not a fan of the Gucci/Waka camp, etc. but Waka seems like a pretty intelligent dude. I don't hate on their success, I just find it hard to consider them "hip hop" although they deserve the right to express their point of view of hip hop as they see fit.

On the other hand though, ANOTHER quote from Waka

“Gucci showed me how to rap. He said, ‘Bro, dis s**t easy.’ I just listened to what my boy said, and this s**t is easy. I been rappin’ for like a year now.”

When I read that, it almost voids everything else homie has to say. But I digress.

Last edited by RYLNYC; 02-24-2010 at 02:59 AM..
 8 years ago '08        #68
Andre3stacks 20 heat pts20
space
space
$18,937 | Props total: 7337 7337
Greatest interview ive heard from him. Dude is from NY so I believe him when he says he has the influence.
 8 years ago '05        #69
Sivraj 328 heat pts328
space
space
$45,940 | Props total: 10824 10824
 Angry_Black_757 said:
Rappers who focus more on lyrics are not and will not be popular in today's mainstream, and that's a fact. As far as making money, you would have to be an old artist who was popular at one point to make any kind of new money today off of shows and overseas touring. Kind of like how the old Motown-era artists do now, or people like Lumidee. They will never be popular again in mainstream music but have maintained small followings from 20, 30, 40 years ago when their style of music was very popular - or when their one hit single did well. You can't be a new artist focusing straight on lyrics and make it nowadays. There hasn't been one to do that since the 90's.

What Waka said was the truth.

Also, lets not make this a region war. With different regions come different cultures and different tastes, simple as that.
You can be a rapper with good lyrics and make it. But theirs a way you gotta do it. You can't be too complex with your rhymes and lyrical content. Alot of people think "dumb it down" means rap about bulls**t. It ain't about that, just simple on whatever you're talking about and make it fresh that's all.
 8 years ago '05        #70
darulersback 
space
space
$2,813 | Props total: 15 15
ok lets see here...

1. joe budden says hes better than older artist (challenging them to a lyrical battel)
2. method man gets upset, sicks rae on em because he felt he was disrespected and physcially harms joe
Conclusion: method man is a b**ch for not accepting that challenge to prove something and bring the lyrical aspect of the game back...meth lost

1. waka says his music does not contain lyrics and he is not a lyricist and let him do him
2. method man and the wu-tang basically tell him to shut the f**k up and spit some lyrics or he isnt gonna last
3. waka responds and says u basically did what im doing now but just had lyrics...dont know how yall cant say bring the pain aint crunk..its basically f**kin rock the way u can bash a skull in to that heat rock song
Conclusion: method man and the wu lost again because young waka is right

Overall conclusion: the wu are just bitter about new artist getting money, no one wants to be forgotten but dont tarnish your "legendary status" by dissing everyone. they are wack whoever says else wise is a fool not to see it.
 02-24-2010, 05:48 AM         #71
Kipbreak 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Waka just shut Method Man the f**k down
 8 years ago '07        #72
Just1Spark 
space
space
$2,234 | Props total: 75 75
still don't see why n*ggas like 'o leh do it' so much. that 'sound' has been in the south for years and put out by rappers that go 10x harder then Flocka.
 02-24-2010, 06:58 AM         #73
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
meth is retarded for giving this guy attention and now he got shut down
 8 years ago '04        #74
SickBlitz 14 heat pts14
space
space
$2,434 | Props total: 203 203
You are listening to that gangbang music, 45 and choppers please dont make me use ittttt
:guns1::guns1::guns1::guns1:
 8 years ago '05        #75
Da Gooneyz 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,043 | Props total: 822 822
This n*gga said Wu-Tang was spittin' simple lyrics.....

[pic - click to view]

Im coming back later, i got a feeling this thread is gonna blast off.

Last edited by Da Gooneyz; 02-24-2010 at 08:06 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #76
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,723 | Props total: 2177 2177
why does it take this nigguh to say something HELLA PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM BEEN SAYING FOREVER for you hip-hop nerds to finally say "waka got a point"... yall some b**ches forreal!...

i posted those method man comments audio and yall ate that s**t up!...now yall eating this s**t up... i will never understand the thought process of u damn followers and nerds...
 8 years ago '05        #77
space
space
 Peterparker said:
whats makin it
bcuz rappers who aint rappin bout s**t aint sellin either nowadays...rap is not dominate nemore

n last time I checked Em n Jay sold more records then ne of these come n go rappers u praised

Method Man was right..no matter what ppl say about Meth or the Wu..there still relevant..relevant enough that were talking bout them now..relevant enough that there record sales will be just as much as the "popular" hot pocket rappers of today..they have a core audience that supports there music no matter what..these new rappers will come n go unless ur name is Kanye or a 50 or a T.I. or even Lil Wayne

u can't compare Wacka to Meth..wacka said it himself..Meth said it himself..Wacka said if he came out w/ a retail album right now he know he would flop..n he will be forgottenr after that huge brick..Meth said rappers who don't rely on crafting there style n only rapping for the money don't last long in hip-hop which is FACT..

let's see where Wacka will be in a year or so..
Yeah they sold more records than others (who I haven't praised) but what I said is a fact, those two artists came out in the 90's. You're just saying what I said... they have core followings from back in the day. If you ask hip hop kids today who is in their top 5 - they won't tell you Jay-Z or Eminem. That's a fact ... and these are the main people buying records. And let's not forget that Wayne sold one million records in a week - have Jay or Em done that, even in the 90's before downloading blew up?

There is no comparing Waka to Meth, obviously. But you can't say what Waka said was not true.
 8 years ago '05        #78
space
space
 Sivraj said:
You can be a rapper with good lyrics and make it. But theirs a way you gotta do it. You can't be too complex with your rhymes and lyrical content. Alot of people think "dumb it down" means rap about bulls**t. It ain't about that, just simple on whatever you're talking about and make it fresh that's all.
How many rappers have been lyrical and made it to the top post 90's?
 8 years ago '06        #79
MissLoveOne 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,129 | Props total: 42 42
I don't listen to or care to listen to Wacka Flacka's wack a.ss anyway. I'm sorry, but it's only so much BS you can let pass before it becomes a point to where it's not acceptable anymore. Money is no excuse to be wack. It's no excuse to not be talented. The idea that lyrical rappers don't make any money is the most ignorant thing I've ever heard. Hip Hop always provided money and gave jobs to those, who otherwise, wouldn't be anywhere. Hip Hop has always provided a way for my people to eat. Look, Wacka Flacka is just plain wack. Doesn't meatter where you from or how lyrical or simplistic you may be. If you wack, you wack and if people aren't going to accept you, then you need recognize that.

Bottom line, we probably won't even be talking about Wacka Flacka next year. And he'll see how far his non-lyrics go when his album doesn't sell. Half these rappers that are so-called club rappers whatever you want to call it, aren't selling anymore either. All they have is a hit single. And that don't mean anything is your album tanks. They doing the same number these lyrical rappers, who supposedly don't make any money are doing.
 8 years ago '04        #80
mista_millz 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,745 | Props total: 1275 1275
 HotepSuns said:
how in the blue f**k is lupe not relevant in the mainstream?....what rock do you live under?...or the clipse for that matter?...or anyone i mentioned....
on the real though

i dont even know if clipse cracked a 100,000 copies sold
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
75 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
15 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy