Whey protein + Milk= Not A Good Idea????

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
120 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
52 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
133 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
31 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #1
18927 pageviews
28 comments

youngvito18 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,789 | Props total: 4734 4734
Whey protein + Milk= Not A Good Idea????

hey whats good guys, i've been taking the 100% Gold Standard Whey protein (Double Rich choclate), and it tastes really good but i always mix it with low fat milk and i was told by a friend that mixing whey protein with milk makes it take longer to digest and get to your muscles........and to mix it with water optimizes what whey preotein is suppose to do

now....whey protein and milk tastes f**king delicious but whey protein and water tastes terrible and im really hoping my friend is talking out his a.ss so i can go back to using low fat milk

another question.....after 4 or 5 miles of jogging should i drink whey protein or is whey protein better used for after weightlifting and not running/cardio

28 comments for "Whey protein + Milk= Not A Good Idea????"

8 years ago '06        #2
Mintz 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,218 | Props total: 758 758
i dunno i always mix my whey protein with my milk and i see results just fine...now i know for a fact that protein bars take longer to digest than the mixes and shakes..my understanding is that the only bad things that can come from the combination is bloating, gas, constipation and cramps potentially

as for the jogging part..i dunno

Last edited by Mintz; 02-23-2010 at 06:36 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #3
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,410 | Props total: 3474 3474
Honestly there's not much information on it.. It could be one of those urban legends that people make up and it seems to perpetuate, and I honestly had the same argument about this with a friend not even 2 days ago.

I don't think there's any truth to it, but I could be wrong. It takes more than the "fast digestion" of protein to aid in muscle recovery.

Just go with whatever you've been getting results with.
 8 years ago '05        #4
youngvito18 8 heat pts OP
space
space
$13,789 | Props total: 4734 4734
so should i drink whey protein after running or is it only for weight lifting
 8 years ago '07        #5
daddy21 
space
space
$712 | Props total: 53 53
 youngvito18 said:
take it 30 min after your workout
 8 years ago '07        #6
daddy21 
space
space
$712 | Props total: 53 53
 youngvito18 said:
on days you don't lift and you run take it first thing in the morning
 8 years ago '04        #7
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,116 | Props total: 597 597
Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA Vol. 94, pp. 14930-14935, December 1997

Physiology

Slow and fast dietary proteins differently modulate postprandial protein accretion
(amino acid turnover / postprandial protein anabolism / milk protein / stable isotopes)

Yves Boirie*, Martial Dangin*,, Pierre Gachon*, Marie-Paule Vasson, Jean-Louis Maubois?, and Bernard Beaufr?re*,

* Laboratoire de Nutrition Humaine, Universit? Clermont Auvergne, Centre de Recherche en Nutrition Humaine, BP 321, 63009 Clermont-Ferrand Cedex 1, France; Nestec, Ltd., Nestl? Research Center, P.O. Box 44, CH 1000 Lausanne 26, Switzerland; Laboratoire de Biochimie, Biologie Mol?culaire et Nutrition, Universit? Clermont Auvergne, BP 38, 63001 Clermont-Ferrand Cedex 1, France; and ? Laboratoire de Technologie Laiti?re, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, 35042 Rennes Cedex, France

Communicated by John Waterlow, University of London, London, United Kingdom, October 7, 1997 (received for review April 20, 1997)

The speed of absorption of dietary amino acids by the gut varies according to the type of ingested dietary protein. This could affect postprandial protein synthesis, breakdown, and deposition. To test this hypothesis, two intrinsically 13C-leucine-labeled milk proteins, casein (CAS) and whey protein (WP), of different physicochemical properties were ingested as one single meal by healthy adults. Postprandial whole body leucine kinetics were a.ssessed by using a dual tracer methodology. WP induced a dramatic but short increase of plasma amino acids. CAS induced a prolonged plateau of moderate hyperaminoacidemia, probably because of a slow gastric emptying. Whole body protein breakdown was inhibited by 34% after CAS ingestion but not after WP ingestion. Postprandial protein synthesis was stimulated by 68% with the WP meal and to a lesser extent (+31%) with the CAS meal. Postprandial whole body leucine oxidation over 7 h was lower with CAS (272 ? 91 ?mol?kg1) than with WP (373 ? 56 ?mol?kg1). Leucine intake was identical in both meals (380 ?mol?kg1). Therefore, net leucine balance over the 7 h after the meal was more positive with CAS than with WP (P < 0.05, WP vs. CAS). In conclusion, the speed of protein digestion and amino acid absorption from the gut has a major effect on whole body protein anabolism after one single meal. By analogy with carbohydrate metabolism, slow and fast proteins modulate the postprandial metabolic response, a concept to be applied to wasting situations.
 02-23-2010, 09:10 PM         #8
StatisticZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I drink a serving before and a serving after. Mixed with water.
 02-23-2010, 09:40 PM         #9
OOps 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i use milk no issues..... only use it on my lifting days.
 8 years ago '09        #10
Gonzilla 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,485 | Props total: 57 57
When I used to take that, I'd mix it with milk 2.
 02-23-2010, 10:21 PM         #11
mblock 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
broscience is bro'd
 8 years ago '04        #12
space
space
 mblock said:
broscience is bro'd
I thought I posted "science". :sad21:
 8 years ago '04        #13
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
i drink some milk with whey an hr or two before my workout like around 20 grams of protein and have a water protein shake after the workout
 02-25-2010, 07:03 PM         #14
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I use mine with milk too, and it does taste great, it doesnt matter if it's digested slow or fast, as long as your getting your DAILY DOSE of protein you shouldn't give a f**k...you drinking whey (slow or fast digesting with milk)>>>>> someone that doesn't take the s**t at all.
 8 years ago '04        #15
space
space
 Tommy_Bunz said:
I use mine with milk too, and it does taste great, it doesnt matter if it's digested slow or fast, as long as your getting your DAILY DOSE of protein you shouldn't give a f**k...you drinking whey (slow or fast digesting with milk)>>>>> someone that doesn't take the s**t at all.
*** crying as I dump my PeptoPro in the garbage ***

No offense but if you don't know what you're talking about don't try finesse so it sounds like you do.
 02-25-2010, 09:02 PM         #16
tech5c 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Your body wants those amino acids so fast digesting protein should be what you want.

^^^^^
I actually just got some Bioplex - Whey Plex(~$.50 per serving) last week because I was reading more about hydrolyzed protein and those On - Hydro Whey ads got me curious.
 8 years ago '04        #17
space
space
 tech5c said:
Your body wants those amino acids so fast digesting protein should be what you want.

^^^^^
I actually just got some Bioplex - Whey Plex(~$.50 per serving) last week because I was reading more about hydrolyzed protein and those On - Hydro Whey ads got me curious.
I'll post up some info on amino acid deliver from di & tri peptides later.

Don't get fooled into buyin that HydroWhey. It's pretty much the 100% Gold Standard with HydroWhey slapped on it.

l2oger said:
a lot of bro-science, honestly the only reason someone wouldn't use milk is because they weren't trying to have that much macronutrients's(protein, carbs, fats) in their shake because it might off set their diet. Like if you were trying to put on weight, having it with milk would be a very good option, if not; water.

don't believe that s**t about having to take a protein shake asap after a work out, that s**t is f**king foolish.
Another reason would be that some people don't drink mulk.

First you stay 'alot of bro-science' but than provide your own bro-science. :nope:

Last edited by enetblazin4eva; 02-25-2010 at 09:30 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #18
space
space
 l2oger said:
come at me bro... what bro science did i provide? how wouldn't the added macros milk will give as opposed to water, not be ideal for someone trying to gain weight? again come at me bro
Typing this
don't believe that s**t about having to take a protein shake asap after a work out, that s**t is f**king foolish.
and providing no scientific evidence = bro-science............ dude!

Without proper post workout nutrition the body will replenish glycogen stores with protein disrupting protein synthesis causing a negative nitrogen balance in the body.
 8 years ago '05        #19
Mc PushA 37 heat pts37
space
space
$2,291 | Props total: 0 0
on the back of the container it says USE WATER!!!!!!!!!!! if there wasnt a difference between the two im pretty sure they woulda put USE WATER OR MILK..
 8 years ago '05        #20
carden2 15 heat pts15
space
space
$13,555 | Props total: 1156 1156
 Mc PushA said:
on the back of the container it says USE WATER!!!!!!!!!!! if there wasnt a difference between the two im pretty sure they woulda put USE WATER OR MILK..
it actually says mix with water or any beverage of your choice
Home      

most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
260 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
61 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
164 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
162 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
30 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
52 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
150 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy