ESPN suspends Tony Kornheiser for remarks about Hannah Storm

most viewed right now
 NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
82 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
118 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
82 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
95 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '08        #81
triznathaniel 42 heat pts42
space
space
$5,825 | Props total: 1322 1322
 ceo-of-hucworld said:
wow so he can get suspended for that but Mike Greenberg says Martin Luther **** and nothing happens? Thats bulls**t. And for the record I havent listened to Mike and Mike since that bulls**t.
 kuruption81 said:
That just dawned on me. I guess Greeny's s**t was allegedly accidental, but I read a story about a weatherman who did the same thing and was fired. We got a bulls**t apology from Greenburg on a website, whereas Tony Kornheiser apologizes on the radio and still gets clipped for two weeks. Makes no sense at all.
could we let go of the martin luther **** thing... please... yes, greenberg wasn't the first broadcaster to make this mistake and he won't be the last... he rushed through the name, almost said "kunior" and stopped short... espn probably decided it was time to stop firing hasty anchormen over a harmless faux pas... plenty other more noteworthy injustices in the world to pour your hatred into than this meaningless verbal slip... if you refuse to listen to mike & mike, do it cause the show f**ken stinks
 8 years ago '08        #82
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,736 | Props total: 12164 12164
lmfao....

Hannah looking f**kable in the pic wit the red dress
 8 years ago '09        #83
HennyHeat 6 heat pts
space
space
$7,394 | Props total: 632 632
 Mike Nitty said:
lmfao....

My thoughts exactly... Hannah can get it quick that seasoned puss
 02-25-2010, 05:22 PM         #84
billieskeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Gadd said:
I bet you she got butthurt and cried to espn f**king females man, can't ever take a joke
Some dude on here have some serious woman hate. n*ggas don't know nothing about the story but blaming everybody lol. In the sports industry most women are not gonna say anything because they don't wanna ruffle any feathers, and I don't Hannah was listening to his radio show at all.
 8 years ago '06        #85
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
 wheezyfbaby said:

He's said worst stuff in the booth and on PTI.
How ironic that the author of catcher in the rye died recently(holden caulfield is the main character)

but damm tony >>>
its about time someone told the b**ch to wake up
Posted via Mobile Device
 02-25-2010, 06:11 PM         #86
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's official, tony k gets two weeks! Free tony! Free tony!!!

espn's john skipper responded to the suspension of tony kornheiser, but there's more to the story than the press release shipped out of bristol. Observe.

From skipper:

Tony kornheiser's comments about hannah storm were entirely inappropriate. Hurtful and personal comments such as these are not acceptable and have significant consequences. Tony has been suspended from pti for two weeks. Hannah is a respected colleague who has been an integral part of the success of our morning sportscenter."

this suspension will have a financial impact on kornheiser, i'm told, which is unfortunate because i was looking forward to imagining john skipper or his royal norbyness using the "world needs plenty of bah-tendas! Two weeks, with pay!" Line from the departed. But i've been told that would not be accurate. What i've also been told, for the sake of accuracy via people whose job it is to make sure these things are accurate, is that kornheiser's comments about storm were not the only ones that were "being reviewed" by espn brass; rather, it was the "totality" of his comments that got him in trouble, meaning, that yes, the kornheiser/gary braun pile-on about berman's weight was also considered demeaning to espn personnel.

But why was kornheiser's punishment so severe? People who have worked closely with espn higher-ups throughout their career point to norby's close relationship with berman. Meaning, berman's a made guy. Here's a quote that, unfortunately, cannot be attributed to anyone because these are the type of concessions we make to disclose larger truths about bristol high, but it says a lot: "you're forced to apologize if you make fun of hannah storm. You get suspended if you make fun of chris berman."

espn doesn't have any hard-and-fast rules for handing out suspensions to its staff, according to a person whose job it is to make sure these things are accurate. Each incident is treated on an individual basis, be it inappropriate hugging, taking cellphone pictures of your c*ck, or playfully calling bud selig a pimp. This, in espn's mind, is the best way to handle each personnel incident; the problem, however, is that personal opinions and company fiefdoms inevitably come into play. Tony kornheiser's verdict was two weeks, and a financial implication that will not be disclosed, but he's already served time, so he'll be back on pti march 5.

Also — and this is important — hannah storm did not push for this suspension. She was a little hurt, a little annoyed, but other than that, she doesn't dive into the interoffice justice game. She just wants to talk into the camera, look pretty, and go home and play with her kids. She is bemused by any coverage of her wardrobe, mostly because she does not think it's that big of a deal. the boots, however, are still banned.
 02-25-2010, 06:12 PM         #87
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So it looks like this is more to do about Swami than Hannah Storm.

f**k SWAMI. FREE TONY!
 02-25-2010, 06:20 PM         #88
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '05        #89
killacali86 
space
space
$2,154 | Props total: 18 18
did that mike and mike dude get suspended for his comment on mlk day?
 02-25-2010, 07:03 PM         #90
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
two weeks of LeRetard...f**k. :hang:
 8 years ago '06        #91
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
 Mike Nitty said:
lmfao....

:wtf: ???
Wow you need to go out more
Posted via Mobile Device
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
20 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
54 comments
1 day ago