Olympic Hockey U.S.A. Vs. Canada - 730PM. 2/21.

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
53 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
234 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
157 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #341
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,972 | Props total: 10620 10620
 Ricky Towel said:
i said the whole time i wasnt a hockey fan(though this game may have converted me) but that doesnt mean i cant root for my countries olympic team, and thats what i did. i dont f**kin follow track and field either does that mean i shouldnt root for our sprinters in the summer olympics?

[pic - click to view]

exactly...duno what the hell these dudes are talkin about...IT'S THE OLYMPICS.I think curling is the dumbest f**kin sport ever invented but i been watchin the s**t daily rooting my a.ss off.Just like in the summer olympics....i don't watch gymnastics but i'm rooting like s**t against china and goin to talk s**t if we beat em
 8 years ago '09        #342
Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128
space
space
$15,415 | Props total: 409 409
wow canadians are in the streets partying like they just won the gold.
 8 years ago '07        #343
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,606 | Props total: 3236 3236
some of the Canadians look so depressed on MSNBC.
 8 years ago '04        #344
illipinopimp 
space
space
$360 | Props total: 0 0
Sucks for Martin Brodeur. The guy might arguably be the best goalie of all time but he's got his whole country on his a.ss right now.
 8 years ago '06        #345
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 JeeQ said:
If people would've saw this game it would have definitely garnered some renewed interest in hockey. NBC blew a great opportunity, they better hope there's a rematch.

No doubt, USA came to play
i think they blew their chance either way.....this would have got everyone into it because US was winning and then at the end had u on the edge of ur seat thinkin u might lose.Doubt we have a game like that again and seriously doubt we beat them.Most likely what will happen is this will get crazy hype,we'll play again,get beat in a boring match,and everyone will ask why the f**k they gave hockey a chance
 8 years ago '04        #346
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
 philly337 said:
honestly don't believe that...i know plenty of people with money who don't play.It's just not popular and doesn't interest the majority.Prolly 50% of people never even been ice skating let alone take up hockey as a true passion/career
Its not just personal income duke, its community income. Alot of ice areas need to be funded by cities, and keeping ice rinks running 365 in warm cities is EXPENSIVE and people aren't willing to pay for that. That as well as leauge fees, kids on scholarships, cities dont want to spend the money when you can build a bunch of basketball courts for next to nothing and involve EVERYONE.

Just because you have PERSONAL money doesn't mean you're gonna spend it on a sport where everyone else you know is playing Basketball, Football and Baseball in the summer times. Kids want to play what sports their friends are playing and if they aren't exposed to it, they wont play it.

Its the same reason why baseball is dying. You can't tell me that people in America hate baseball, they just dont want to spend the money on it...
 8 years ago '06        #347
YERCELL 
space
space
$3,970 | Props total: 0 0
 ballergenetics said:
I hate to be a bad sport.....but there is nothing worse than losing when you outplayed the opposing team like we did......
Yeah we get it for the 4th time.
 8 years ago '04        #348
rasheedwallace 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,291 | Props total: 11211 11211
 JeeQ said:
If people would've saw this game it would have definitely garnered some renewed interest in hockey. NBC blew a great opportunity, they better hope there's a rematch.

No doubt, USA came to play
NBC played it...

it was on their sister channel MSNBC, but they had full coverage. you gotta understand, WAY more people wanna see ice skating than hockey despite your love for the sport. its not even close. women love skating, and the target audience is people like them, not people who watch sports anyway. just look at the sensationalism...its obvious who they go after.

NBC did what they had to do.
 8 years ago '07        #349
st21 1233 heat pts1233
space
space
space
$55,447 | Props total: 43411 43411
 rasheedwallace said:
NBC played it...

it was on their sister channel MSNBC, but they had full coverage. you gotta understand, WAY more people wanna see ice skating than hockey despite your love for the sport. its not even close. women love skating, and the target audience is people like them, not people who watch sports anyway. just look at the sensationalism...its obvious who they go after.

it wasn't available in HD tho that's the thing. at least not for me i have comcast.
 8 years ago '04        #350
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
 rasheedwallace said:
NBC played it...

But its strange that NBC has rights to the NHL, promotes its Sunday game of the week, yet bails on hockey for ice dancing. If thats the case, I'd rather have ESPN have the rights to hockey because NBC is wasting their time promoting the league and their players..

This game would've gotten Winter Classic type numbers if NBC played it right and put it on a channel people could find. They could've easily tape delayed ice dancing like they do everything else.
 8 years ago '06        #351
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 TheMagicMan said:
Its not just personal income duke, its community income. Alot of ice areas need to be funded by cities, and keeping ice rinks running 365 in warm cities is EXPENSIVE and people aren't willing to pay for that. That as well as leauge fees, kids on scholarships, cities dont want to spend the money when you can build a bunch of basketball courts for next to nothing and involve EVERYONE.

Just because you have PERSONAL money doesn't mean you're gonna spend it on a sport where everyone else you know is playing Basketball, Football and Baseball in the summer times. Kids want to play what sports their friends are playing and if they aren't exposed to it, they wont play it.

Its the same reason why baseball is dying. You can't tell me that people in America hate baseball, they just dont want to spend the money on it...
dog listen....i have an ice skating rink right down the street all my life.Nobody goes to that s**t put little kids on dates.It has nothing to do with money.Like i said I HAVE NEVER MET ANYONE WHO HAS PLAYED ICE HOCKEY.

and baseball?Baseball is no more expensive to lay then basketball or football.U don't need a filed to play with ur friends..u can play in somebodies backayrd...all u need is a ball,bat,and glove.If anything basketball is more xpensive becauseu actually need an expensive peice of equipment to play...football and baseball u u just need an open area to play and equipment that costs a few dollars and league fees for all 3 are the same
 8 years ago '04        #352
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
And NBC spent much of the afternoon talking about the 1980 Miracle on Ice Game...the NBC marketing machine couldve MADE people want to watch this game...
 8 years ago '06        #353
YERCELL 
space
space
 TheMagicMan said:
But its strange that NBC has rights to the NHL, promotes its Sunday game of the week, yet bails on hockey for ice dancing. If thats the case, I'd rather have ESPN have the rights to hockey because NBC is wasting their time promoting the league and their players..

This game would've gotten Winter Classic type numbers if NBC played it right and put it on a channel people could find. They could've easily tape delayed ice dancing like they do everything else.
And wasn't Russia-Czech Republic on NBC? Like wtf? Don't even put your own country on. I understand the time slots and whatnot, but I can still be bitter.
 8 years ago '06        #354
YERCELL 
space
space
 ballergenetics said:
ok, just making sure I got my point across to you specifically...
OK good, because I wasn't going to be able to sleep tonight if I wasn't absolutely positive that you were upset that you outplayed us and still lost.
 8 years ago '04        #355
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
 philly337 said:
dog listen....i have an ice skating rink right down the street all my life.Nobody goes to that s**t put little kids on dates.It has nothing to do with money.Like i said I HAVE NEVER MET ANYONE WHO HAS PLAYED ICE HOCKEY.

and baseball?Baseball is no more expensive to lay then basketball or football.U don't need a filed to play with ur friends..u can play in somebodies backayrd...all u need is a ball,bat,and glove.If anything basketball is more xpensive becauseu actually need an expensive peice of equipment to play...football and baseball u u just need an open area to play and equipment that costs a few dollars and league fees for all 3 are the same
Just because you have a ice skating rink down the street doesn't mean its fit for an ice hockey league. In NYC, there are tons of skating rinks, but only about 2-3 where you can actually have a regulation, 5v5 hockey game, and those places want 300-350 an hour for ice time for pickup games.

You can only play so many sports, and if you already are involved in basketball, football, and baseball, you aren't going out of your way for hockey, a sports thats more expensive then the rest and takes up about 3 times the amount of time. There are plenty of kids of all races who play hockey, just because you don't know any, doesn't mean they don't exist .

This couldve brought more people's interest to the game. It was a good game, and even people who aren't fans enjoyed it. Thats the point, not to dog it like hockey doesn't matter just cause you don't watch it...Soccer doesn't mean s**t to me or 85% of america, but the rest of the world would like to say otherwise...doesn't mean we should act like it doesn't exist or downgrade it as a sport.
 8 years ago '07        #356
st21 1233 heat pts1233
space
space
space
$55,447 | Props total: 43411 43411

:applause:
 8 years ago '04        #357
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
 YERCELL said:
And wasn't Russia-Czech Republic on NBC? Like wtf? Don't even put your own country on. I understand the time slots and whatnot, but I can still be bitter.
Yeah, exactly...and this Ice Dancing wasn't even for the Medal...I really think NBC dropped the ball on this, I can see if they didn't show hockey at ALL, but they are the only major network that shows hockey, and they are now showing highlights and hyping it up
 8 years ago '04        #358
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,501 | Props total: 789 789
really good game
 8 years ago '04        #359
SHOWTIME 
space
space
$4,273 | Props total: 10 10
 hockeythug said:
Yeah,thats why you have Ovechkin running around giving out heavy hits to star players.
ovechkin would tear someones heart out if they tried to f!ght him... hes ivan drago reincarnated

i was at the f**king game, devastating loss...
 8 years ago '05        #360
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
Wow. A hockey thread that made it 18 pages in less than 6 hours. What is Boxden coming to?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
25 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
124 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
62 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy