Debate: Did Hov Jack Young Chris' Flow??

most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
42 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-21-2010, 10:23 AM         #1
7991 pageviews
28 comments

Classik 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Debate: Did Hov Jack Young Chris' Flow??

[pic - click to view]

This is not hate cause am a huge Jay fan, and I know am gonna catch a lot of flak for this s**t but f**k it. Lately I’ve been listenin a lot to Young Chris... From his old stuff to his latest s**t and I have to say that the young bul is cold. He’s had that whisper type flow from the first time you ever heard him and the earliest recorded “track” or “showcase” of this would be around the time Rocafella shut down Hot97 w/ their now infamous session. Its only after Chris joined the Roc that you started hearin Hov spit with that same “whisper”... Not to take anything from Hov, but it looks like he straight jacked that from Chris. I always just thought it was a coincidence that they have a similar styles, but I’ve done a lil digging and it just looks shady and thought I’d share what I found.

Chris had been on the Roc since 1998... Jay dropped 3 albums after Chris joined the Roc and NEVER had that whole whisper thing goin on. Check all the songs if you like. None of the choruses had any whispering in them neither did Jay. Coincidence? Think not...

Hov's change in flow and the “whisper” started to take full effect by Blueprint 2... Listen to Hovi Baby, Excuse Me Miss, All Around The World, Guns & Roses, and several other songs on Blueprint 2, it’s apparent. After that, we’ve sort of become accustomed to it and seen it as a “Hov thing”. But is it really? The whole Hot97 freestyle, which you could say was Young Chris’ “unveiling” took place in 2001, a year before the Blueprint 2 and a year b4 Hov really started “whispering” in his records. And simply put, that is Chris' signature thing, and basically the basis of his flow so...

What are your thoughts on this? Lets argue..? image

For your viewing pleasure:

[video - click to view]

Last edited by Classik; 02-21-2010 at 10:30 AM..
Always Good gave props

28 comments for "Debate: Did Hov Jack Young Chris' Flow??"

02-21-2010, 10:31 AM         #2
Exhibit BX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hell yea I thought this had been established
 02-21-2010, 10:34 AM         #3
Exhibit BX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and he did the whisper flow on Diamonds Is Forever
 8 years ago '05        #4
jmill30 1 heat pts
space
space
$925 | Props total: 54 54
Yea he did take Chris flow, me and my n*ggas been sayin that since he started sounding like him.

*side note* anybody got a link to download that mixtape the D block vs. Rocafella s**t went hard
 8 years ago '07        #5
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,327 | Props total: 1121 1121
Yea he did
 8 years ago '04        #6
King Kusanagi 36 heat pts36
space
space
$8,942 | Props total: 3142 3142
and mostly everybody praise his biting-shady a.ss. next he gonna sound like J. Cole.
 8 years ago '04        #7
jewelz1132 5 heat pts
space
space
$12,671 | Props total: 2205 2205
It doesn't matter. They all ended up doing it, and they all influenced each other. If you listen to a lot of Jay-Z freestyles from 01-03, and then go listen to majority of rocafella artist's albums at the time, they would always use lines from those freestyles on their songs. Young Chris probably did do it first, but Jay-Z had the WHOLE NY and east coast doing it after the Blueprint 2. From Stack Bundles, Jae Millz, Fat Joe etc...Kinda Like Michael Jackson and the moonwalk lol
 8 years ago '05        #8
Doe Stacks 
space
space
$4,703 | Props total: 131 131
Yeah this aint no secret...
 02-21-2010, 10:49 AM         #9
Classik  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Curtisimo said:
Yes, but he don't even rap like that anymore

but he did jack young cris flow from bp2-black album
But thats just it.. Hov still do it. Forever Young, Reminder, A Star Is Born, even on Empire State Of Mind. He still throw it in there every so often... But more on freestyles and on mixtape trax, things like that.

slimgangsta18 said:
and mostly everybody praise his biting-shady a.ss. next he gonna sound like J. Cole.
lol... I wouldn't be surprised.
 02-21-2010, 10:50 AM         #10
deLeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jay did use that young chris flow for a while but he took that s**t to another level. Its like Yayo running with 50's flow or jr writer running with cam's flow, they are inspired by people around them. I think jay-z uses a certain flow from philly rappers like young chris, beans and freeway and he makes it hes own by adding new melodies from his stash of flows.

Last edited by deLeet; 02-21-2010 at 10:51 AM..
Holdino slapped this ish

02-21-2010, 10:53 AM         #11
Classik  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
@deLeet... There's a difference when its somebody's signature... You're an established artist and u take your artists thing and make it yours; thats damn near sabotage. JR Writer taking from Cam or Yayo taking from 50 is not the same. That's the student, taking something from their boss. This is a youngn whos tryin to get shine and put himself out there and yet his whole signature gets taken away and stamped as his bosses?... There's a difference

Last edited by Classik; 02-21-2010 at 10:58 AM..
Holdino gave props

Always Good slapped this ish

8 years ago '04        #12
R. Joven 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,126 | Props total: 65 65
I think the "whisper flow" is really a "whisper delivery."
 8 years ago '04        #13
daboahmiz 
space
space
$1,660 | Props total: 171 171
i'mma preface this by saying i think Hov is the best to EVER do it........ AND on top of that, he still my favorite right now........ PAUSE!

that said, it's been common knowledge here in Philly that Hov got the young boah for the whisper..... but like it was said earlier, Hov kinda took it to another level........
we give Young Chris his credit for starting that 'round here tho.........
Holdino slapped this ish

8 years ago '05        #14
hustlehard365 
space
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 885 885
hell yea i said that s**t like 7yrs ago list to n*gga please on bp2 the whole yup ad lib thing that he did hov took and ran with along with young chris delivery..thats how hov stays realevant to the young kids he steals the things they do and brings it to a wider audience therfore making him look like a inovator..but at the end of the day he can steal a flow but he cant steal his word play no body and i mean NOBODY has jigga word play hes unmatched
 02-21-2010, 11:35 AM         #15
deLeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Classik said:
@deLeet... There's a difference when its somebody's signature... You're an established artist and u take your artists thing and make it yours; thats damn near sabotage. JR Writer taking from Cam or Yayo taking from 50 is not the same. That's the student, taking something from their boss. This is a youngn whos tryin to get shine and put himself out there and yet his whole signature gets taken away and stamped as his bosses?... There's a difference

He didn't sabotage that boy, young gunz was heavily promoted when jay-z was on the sideline but the public wasn't responding to it. Teams are always bouncing ideas back and forth, young chris, beans, freeway all have taken stuff from hov including flows and song structures till this day. AND Jay doesn't flow like that anymore cause the beat selection is not the same as 2002-2005.
Holdino slapped this ish

8 years ago '06        #16
Loco Poe 
space
space
$2,544 | Props total: 731 731
lmao its so funny to see all the camel f**gots defend gay z any chance they get.. wow if they have like a s3x video with this n*gga eatin another n*ggas a.ss ya'll would prob still deny it was him. f**kin f**gots
Holdino gave props

02-21-2010, 01:12 PM         #17
2D....  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he jacked it

its sad that people defend it by saying "but he took it to another level"
it was young chris's signature s**t and hov jacked it making it his signature s**t for about 2 or 3 albums

can't tell dem jigga fans nothin though
 02-21-2010, 01:12 PM         #18
Michael_Moore  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Classik said:
e
look at it this way...rocafella insiders are saying he stole son's flow..and jay's not putting him on...there's your answer...

[video - click to view]

Holdino gave props

8 years ago '04        #19
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,392 | Props total: 11758 11758
 Loco Poe said:
lmao its so funny to see all the camel f**gots defend gay z any chance they get.. wow if they have like a s3x video with this n*gga eatin another n*ggas a.ss ya'll would prob still deny it was him. f**kin f**gots
why would u even think that? ur a f*g...
 02-21-2010, 01:13 PM         #20
Michael_Moore  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 2D.... said:
he jacked it

its sad that people defend it by saying "but he took it to another level"
it was young chris's signature s**t and hov jacked it making it his signature s**t for about 2 or 3 albums

can't tell dem jigga fans nothin though
this...
Holdino gave props

Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
76 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
69 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
189 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
77 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Did This NBA Announcer Stole Boxden Lingo?
27 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
24 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
54 comments
23 hours ago