Offical Thread: Shutter Island.

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
108 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
29 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
68 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-18-2010, 06:12 PM         #81
lyricallySha89 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
movie was great a nice twist at the end
 03-19-2010, 05:17 PM         #82
Classefied 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This movie was geniuss...
 8 years ago '05        #83
pnoi89 11 heat pts11
space
space
$11,314 | Props total: 4740 4740
 RamazedAGAIN said:
in the end when hes talking to his "partner" does that he mean he wasnt cured?
i thought it was clear when he said
[spoiler - click to view]

04-08-2010, 02:02 PM         #84
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RamazedAGAIN said:
what did that line mean though how was he a hero. for k!lling his wife possible?

or was his therapist just going along with whatever he was saying at that point.

i do understand the story just not that last part.
The hero was Teddy, the cop created in his head. Andrew the real protagonist is the monster.
 8 years ago '05        #85
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,838 | Props total: 4136 4136
I know I'm really really late on this, but I just got finished watching it.

So, to sum it up, the ending was predictable. Anybody with a single shred of common sense saw it coming. HOWEVER, what I'm presented here with that ending, and how it plays into the story... well... I thought it was really great. Martin Scorsese has the type of visual and acting command as a director that most directors WISH they could have. The visual look of this film, the cinematography, the production design... is GORGEOUS. I mean, there are shots in the movie that literally looked like they could be hanging in a museum somewhere. And, some scenes just work with the kind of editing rhythm that most films of this type lack.

The problem with the ending is not the ending itself, it's all through the movie. The film keeps tipping it's hand by showing all these visual clues that pop in at around moments. It is a problem with a movie like this that most audience members don't just watch the movie... They watch it to guess the ending, to guess the twist. They try and figure it out, it makes them feel like they are smarter than the director. So, if you watch this at all, STOP thinking about the ending, just watch the movie. You'll like it better.

If the ending was slightly less predictable, then this would be a near-flawless film for me... HOWEVER, with what we have here, it's still a 9.0 out of 10.
 8 years ago '06        #86
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,791 | Props total: 2320 2320
Well there is a vast majority that feel as though the ending twist wasnt that Teddy/Edward was really insane but that he was sane and that the Doctors on Shutter Island knew Teddy was on to them and their experiments therefore creating this elaborate plot to make him seem insane just like Teddy's own conspiracy theory. I am still undecided as to which interpretation i believe because there is good evidence for both but overall the movie was fantastic either way.
 8 years ago '04        #87
deathrow 
space
space
$2,387 | Props total: 2 2
on the real, this was a bomb a.ss movie. you just don't see movies like this anymore
 05-23-2010, 07:57 AM         #88
Trendsetter305 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Leo x Martin = CLASSIC
Shutter Island >>>>>>>>> the rest films of 2010, can't wait for Innocent
 8 years ago '07        #89
Welsh! 
space
space
$5,541 | Props total: 39 39
I watched this the other day.

Great film, however, I guessed right from the start how it would end.
 8 years ago '10        #90
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
$21,523 | Props total: 9893 9893
movie is a mind f**k
 8 years ago '07        #91
mastermind_AD 13 heat pts13
space
space
$1,686 | Props total: 449 449

[spoiler - click to view]

05-23-2010, 08:22 PM         #92
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
I know I'm really really late on this, but I just got finished watching it.

So, to sum it up, the ending was predictable. Anybody with a single shred of common sense saw it coming. HOWEVER, what I'm presented here with that ending, and how it plays into the story... well... I thought it was really great. Martin Scorsese has the type of visual and acting command as a director that most directors WISH they could have. The visual look of this film, the cinematography, the production design... is GORGEOUS. I mean, there are shots in the movie that literally looked like they could be hanging in a museum somewhere. And, some scenes just work with the kind of editing rhythm that most films of this type lack.

The problem with the ending is not the ending itself, it's all through the movie. The film keeps tipping it's hand by showing all these visual clues that pop in at around moments. It is a problem with a movie like this that most audience members don't just watch the movie... They watch it to guess the ending, to guess the twist. They try and figure it out, it makes them feel like they are smarter than the director. So, if you watch this at all, STOP thinking about the ending, just watch the movie. You'll like it better.

If the ending was slightly less predictable, then this would be a near-flawless film for me... HOWEVER, with what we have here, it's still a 9.0 out of 10.
I think that was the point though, it wasn't an in your face twist, I found myself observing the detail of his story knowing how it would end. That is the strong point of the film.
 7 years ago '05        #93
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$12,305 | Props total: 69 69
Great Movie, I finally got around to seeing it. Someone recommend me something similar. Only flick I can think of is gothika.

JeeQ said:
***SPOILER ALERT***SPOILER ALERT***SPOILER ALERT***

They took him to get lobotomized, in the same way the female doctor described to him in the cave. They were going to take that ice pick and insert it through the eye socket, lobotomize him, and basically turn him into a walking docile zombie with no memories. He'll no longer be Andrew (the monster), but have a clean slate.

Fasho, Chris Nolan is about to change the movie game again. His most original film since Momento
*Spoliers*

I didn't think the "experimental" lighthouse was true. I thought it was all in Leo's head. I thought the ending was he will always live in a loop state forever and this is something the wardens and the doctors accepted.

ra1n said:
*spoilers*

another good explanation:

The good doctor was trying to stave off the Nazi, but it seems as if he was given one last chance to cure the Marshall, or else it was lobotomy time. Long story short, THE TREATMENT WORKED. The problem was, the Marshall had nothing to live for, he now was cognizant of the fact that he k!lled his wife, and he was partially responsible for the death of his kids. If your wife murdered your children, and you felt like it was your fault, and then you k!lled her, the woman you adore, would you want to live? So that final morning, sitting there on the front steps, he is aware of his hallucinations, and he is aware of reality. He was told that he recycled, and that if this final treatment didn't cure him, that he would be lobotomized, that he would have no more memories, that he would be a vegetable. SO HE PRETENDED TO RECYCLE. His final words testify to that "Would you rather die as a hero, or live as a monster." But before he even said this, his shrink shakes his head at the good doctor, indicating that the treatment didn't work, that he did recycle. This proves that everything they said in the final 15 minutes was actually true. That is why he got up and walked away with the orderlies, that showed that he was aware of what was going on. He wanted to end it.
I got the feeling too that he was pretending to recycle not becuase he wanted to die/lobotomised but he didn't want to loose his memories, his kids, his wife so pretended to recycle and front like he was crazy
 07-25-2010, 09:53 PM         #94
bloodshed 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
movie was good in my books:bigok:
 07-25-2010, 10:09 PM         #95
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JayDawn said:
movie is a mind f**k
Not at all.
 7 years ago '08        #96
M 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,182 | Props total: 5309 5309
I just watched this the other night, I really liked it
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
78 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
69 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Did This NBA Announcer Stole Boxden Lingo?
33 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
25 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
77 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
77 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy