Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
196 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
38 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatumís stats for the month of December so far
37 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '09        #21
WezLFaCe_KiD 57 heat pts57
space
space
$14,826 | Props total: 1038 1038
 Yung Dilla said:
Yo it was dope the ending was dope 2 lol BUT i was kind of disappointed those who seen it knows why. (wasn't really a let down just not what i was expecting lol)
why did you think it will be like batman arkham asylum why though really
 02-20-2010, 12:51 AM         #22
2D.... 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i guessed the ending 2 months ago when i saw the trailer, that kind of f**ked it up for me

but it was a great movie, def worth the $9
i like how everything came together in the end
especially that last quote
 02-20-2010, 01:02 AM         #23
Joehook 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 C-Murduh187 said:
I was supposed to see it with my woman tonight, but she wasn't feeling good. We'll be seeing it tomorrow though, can't wait!
she wasnt feeling good cuz i nutted down her throat 2x

get mad..
 02-20-2010, 01:29 AM         #24
Rynoh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This movie was boring and crazy, than the last 15 minutes your like "oh"
 02-20-2010, 01:38 AM         #25
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It was ok... I noticed a lot of parallels with Memento.
 8 years ago '10        #26
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 5 5
can't wait to see this.
 8 years ago '04        #27
Dj KraZ 
space
space
$2,244 | Props total: 533 533
Movie was great! I thought I was going crazy at first! The book and movie have different endings.
 8 years ago '05        #28
IllmaticYungin 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,387 | Props total: 2 2
i need a explanation of the ending..im so lost but it was good
 8 years ago '09        #29
29 26 6 heat pts
space
space
$11,168 | Props total: 2557 2557
Heard it was good, gonna check it out soon...
 8 years ago '07        #30
SCRIP1ONER 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,373 | Props total: 66 66
Pretty good movie the ending has me confused tho lol
Posted via Mobile Device
 02-20-2010, 10:47 AM         #31
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Spoilers:

Martin Scorsese made a thriller here similar to the recent "Machinist" and "Mulholland Drive"

The directing was great, Scorsese uses beautiful color and the cinematography was visually stunning. The lighting was great at times with touches of surreal and dream like visions.
Script was well written, containing elements of horror, comedy, and suspense.
Leo had possibly his best role here, while still not as convincing as he could be in dramatic scenes, and the accent was nothing great he did do a good job for the most part.

I loved how Scorsese played with the camera, at one point recording a conversation from different angles including the ceiling, toying with the characters and giving a dark moody feeling throughout, homage to Hitchcock's voyeuristic techniques, and the dark tone of old film noirs caught my attention and was very well executed.

Overall the movie is a great thriller but came off as predictable, in the early scenes the dreamlike qualities of the film caught me as being a false reality, I could already predict it based on the several other thrillers in which a man or woman is living a false reality and is confused as to why things aren't clear. Though it is a well made film the story was nothing new or unexpected, I hoped for more depth but everything was left on the table well explained without leaving much room for open interpretation and this is what I feel puts it behind other films in the genre.

It was only a first viewing so like most of these reality vs fantasy films I will have to watch again looking at every detail and sign that Leo's character constructs in his mind without the side story of the missing woman distracting the true nature of the movie. I'm sure after watching a second time it might be even better knowing what to look for. This is possibly his best directed movie of the decade but lacks the depth of his past films, not in any way another Taxi Driver but a good look at Scorsese's take on the modern wave of psychological thriller.

I give it an 8/10 for the directing, script, and overall mood. The acting of Leo, and the discovery of his true character could have been delivered better (he couldn't have been the most dangerous patient for k!lling in the heat of the moment) and the twist was predicted. Still I see it as a good movie with visual depth showcasing the beauty of dreams vs the horror of reality.
 02-20-2010, 10:56 AM         #32
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 IllmaticYungin said:
i need a explanation of the ending..im so lost but it was good
He acknowledged the fact of k!lling his wife and being committed there, he accepted that fact but didn't want to live it. He continued his so called fantasy in order to be brought to the building, to be murdered or go through surgery not exactly sure right now. But the point was that he rather die as a "good man" (the cop Teddy Daniels) than to live as a "monster" (The crazy murderer Andrew Laeddis)

He was delusional and in denial while still being in touch with reality. This was pretty apparent to me and was the one side of humanity in a mentally scarred character, the man wasn't a cold blooded murderer but was treated as such, you can even say he wasn't dangerous just delusional.

Last edited by smokeweed101.; 02-20-2010 at 10:58 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #33
s4s|M 23 heat pts23
space
space
space
$12,056 | Props total: 0 0
 smokeweed101. said:
He acknowledged the fact of k!lling his wife and being committed there, he accepted that fact but didn't want to live it. He continued his so called fantasy in order to be brought to the building, to be murdered or go through surgery not exactly sure right now. But the point was that he rather die as a "good man" (the cop Teddy Daniels) than to live as a "monster" (The crazy murderer Andrew Laeddis)

He was delusional and in denial while still being in touch with reality. This was pretty apparent to me and was the one side of humanity in a mentally scarred character, the man wasn't a cold blooded murderer but was treated as such, you can even say he wasn't dangerous just delusional.
spot on with the conclusion, my girl asked me the same thing and i had to explain it. great movie. I liked this more than james cameron's overrated no plot, just graphics movie.
 8 years ago '06        #34
Triple0 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,890 | Props total: 460 460
I read the ending in the other thread. Well let's put it this way... I guess the ending when the trailer was first released. But I'm still going to see it soon as a screener pops up in itsbx.
 8 years ago '04        #35
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
I'll go see it after the initial crowd dies down in a week or two.
 02-20-2010, 02:48 PM         #36
2D.... 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 s4s said:
spot on with the conclusion, my girl asked me the same thing and i had to explain it. great movie.
lol i had to explain it to one of my homies

i figured that the lobotomy would either make him forget or let him more easily live in denial again
 8 years ago '06        #37
Nugen2384 
space
space
$3,573 | Props total: 0 0
Big fan of Martin and Leo but this movie just wasn't that impressive.
 02-20-2010, 07:45 PM         #38
Kon Vert 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ignoring those spoilers. Will see it next week.

Anything Ben Kingsley is in and Martin Scorsese directs is getting watched by me.
 8 years ago '04        #39
123456 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,272 | Props total: 273 273
 smokeweed101. said:

Somewhat a spoiler:

The ending could be taken another way....there's huge discussions all over the internet that debate over this. I see this movie as a type of movie that let's the viewer decide how he wants it to end (which is stupid but still a good movie)

Last edited by 123456; 02-20-2010 at 11:02 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #40
vazquez1085 10 heat pts10
space
space
$3,831 | Props total: 252 252
movie was aight the ending was wack
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
27 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
278 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
132 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
56 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Donald Trump reportedly watches up to 8 hours of TV every day
57 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
50 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy