This for Yall: Method Man and ghost face talking about Waka Flocka and South Lyrics and Rap today

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
136 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside January Rose
10 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-19-2010, 01:22 AM         #61
BIGthingsSON 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fresh Whyte said:
....You Saying MF Doom Is "gettin money" Off 3 Indie Deals? He Not,Those Labels Are Only Supplying Out His Music Which They Cut Into His Pay Once Everything Is Counted Up. So He Only Has His Fan Base. The Real Money Is Out On The Road...The More Fans,The More Paper.

Waka Is Signed To A Indie Deal Cosign By Warner Bros But Has A Wack a.ss Single Getting Played Everywhere & He Still Getting Known But The Single Is The Help Of The Label "Warner Bros' Putting It On A Bigger Map. Now Lets Take Warner Bros Out Ths Picture For A Minute. That Track Was Already Having A Buzz Of Its Own Without The Help Of Warner Bros.

Waka Is Getting Like 20k To 30k On The Road I Believe,Thats Where He See His Bankroll Coming In. More Fans Eat Up That Track,The More Wackness He Can Put Out For Fans To Eat Up & The Price Goes Up Higher For His Appearance Everywhere. He Can Rap About Pissing On Steps & Clubs Will Give Him 20k To Perform,Why? Cause He Bring In A Large Fan Base & He Also Notice,He Doesnt Have To Prove Anything With Lyrics When Folks Just Want To Enjoy Themselfs To His Music.

As Of The Game Right Now,Your Lyrics Is Not Going Get You A Check. You Got Take The Dumb Route To Get A Check. Give The Labels Less & Get Paid and Move On Your Way.

For four pages you've made excuses for Southern Rappers being plain old garbage. Haven't even tried to defend these guys, just say it's all about the money. I'm sorry , but you sound like a southern cat who just loves that dookie a.ss party music. Lets get to the point, yes MOST (not all) southern/dance music is plain old trash. Yes, some NYC rappers have followed this movement due to being lyrically incompetent. Yes , these guys get paid but at the same time they are selling out Vanilla Ice style. Rappers who focus on lyrics will always be more respected then these lame a.ss club music hoes. So you can stick with your party music, I hope your around when the mainstream consumers start listening to the words rather then the beat (again).

My point, rappers who can't spit are trash.
Rappers who can are nasty. It just happens to be that most rappers who can aren't from the south. Must be the education system.
 8 years ago '05        #62
Fresh|B 976 heat pts976
space
space
$43,417 | Props total: 25021 25021
 BIGthingsSON said:
For four pages you've made excuses for Southern Rappers being plain old garbage. Haven't even tried to defend these guys, just say it's all about the money. I'm sorry , but you sound like a southern cat who just loves that dookie a.ss party music. Lets get to the point, yes MOST (not all) southern/dance music is plain old trash. Yes, some NYC rappers have followed this movement due to being lyrically incompetent. Yes , these guys get paid but at the same time they are selling out Vanilla Ice style. Rappers who focus on lyrics will always be more respected then these lame a.ss club music hoes. So you can stick with your party music, I hope your around when the mainstream consumers start listening to the words rather then the beat (again).

My point, rappers who can't spit are trash.
Rappers who can are nasty. It just happens to be that most rappers who can aren't from the south. Must be the education system.
...Just Like A Bitter n*gga Would Say "you sound like this,you act like that".

n*ggas Is Blaming The South Cause They Aint Getting The Attention Or Glory Any More. "oh we have lyrics" and Your Point Is? The Game Has Change....Its Not About Your Lyrics Anymore. The Labels Will Tell You This Up Front...."we looking for this & not this other s**t. supply us with this & we supply you with green".

Lets Say n*ggas Went Back Listening To Lyrics. n*ggas Would Be In The Commercial Light,Going Back Getting Money. This Whole Beef Or Drama Is About Attention & Money and Lyric n*ggas Is Fussing About We Not Getting The Respect We Deserve For Spitting Bars But n*ggas With Wack Rhymes Get All The Attention & Fame.

You Can Chop It All The Way You Want. You Can Say The South Is Wack,There Dumb,and All This But At The End Of The Day. You Turn On Your Radio Or Step Outside,You Going Hear These "Wack Southern" n*ggas. If You Want Change....Tell Your Favorite Rapper To Step His Game & Stop Letting Wack a.ss n*ggas Out Shine Him. Too Busy b**ching About Whats Going On & Aint Learning On Whats Going On In The Business.

And They Say The Education System,I Guess The South Said f**k English Class,Math & Business Class Is Where It At.
 8 years ago '05        #63
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts OP
space
space
$13,721 | Props total: 2161 2161
theres TONS of ways to get money, BECAUSE as of now we have a lot more generations of hip-hop heads...as well as genres..

WACKA: gon get that young teen, pill poppin, hella hyper in the club dough...

METH: gon get that gritty, heavy looped drums, solid NY old school dough...

Nippsey: gon get that I'm from LA, riding a smoking, gang bang dough...

Bow wow: gon get that i love the ladies, i make the songs for them dough....

Lupe: gon get that super metaphysical, spiritual, lyrical internet nerd dough...

J cole and drake:... (HOPEFULLY) they bout to just get all the dough..

i mean pick a fukin lane u like and listen to it...

or if u versatile (like me) and can smoke and chill... and hit the club and pop a pill.. listen to em all and stop discriminating....

main thing is.. IF U DONT BUY MUSIC NEXT TIME THE NIGGUH IN YOUR CITY GO TO THEY SHOW.. SO THEY ACTUALLY GET DOUGH HOE!!
 8 years ago '06        #64
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
 genobee said:
Wu sounds like haters when they brought up that chicken noodle soup, acting like its better than money to blow lol

but interview was on point otherwise.

How is it hatin when they just tellin the truth. Rap nowadays is garbage and all about making money then being lyrical hands down.
 8 years ago '05        #65
A-Dot 25 heat pts25
space
space
$1,840 | Props total: 792 792
:applause:
 8 years ago '07        #66
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,898 | Props total: 1142 1142
real f**king talk.

hopefully its only a matter of time before people wake the f**k up and remember what it means to be an MC.

Meth Kept it 100, these abc rhymers will be played out in a year whiles hes been doing s**t for 10 years, yeah club songs are club songs and i understand that its made for the club. But why not try to throw some sick rhyme schemes or some crazy flow in the club scene. You can still rap about getting f**ked up in the club but why not try to make it GOOD??? And when your whole f**king album is nothing but nonsense...heavy hitting beats with nothing but "123, abc, im a g, money, money cars clothes, b**ches"...its pathetic, its sad that people support this garbage what happened to being talented??? and what kind of image does it give hip hop...i dont want my 46 year old mom to turn on the radio and hear "Bed Rock" or "Wasted" or some "Chimy Chonga Sacka Macka Wacka Flocka Willie Wonka type s**t."...and then tell me "Rap is crap, this isn't music"....People need to be exposed to the music of passionate original MC's that have content, lyrics, flow, rhyme schemes, s**t that makes an MC a MC. The hollywood suits just force and force this s**t all over the radio, all over 106 N park, all over the TV.....just like meth said after a while thats all people are going to want to hear. This s**t isnt gonna be remembered, its gonna be forgotten as the trash it is. Rap is in a state of Idiocracy, and hes right it isnt hip hop its HIP POP.

Last edited by 1LynguisticMind; 02-19-2010 at 02:24 AM..
 8 years ago '07        #67
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 genobee said:
Wu sounds like haters when they brought up that chicken noodle soup, acting like its better than money to blow lol

but interview was on point otherwise.
your missing the point.....cus of his daughters age he would much rather her dance to chicken noodle soup than sittin in the whip screaming money to blow on a family trip...some simple minded mofo's in this thread...someone's always hating according to yall
 8 years ago '07        #68
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 Fresh Whyte said:

this n*gga here!!!!!!
 02-19-2010, 02:31 AM         #69
kingz21 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
w.e method man is in the news he is always mad or talking s**t about another rapper, n*ggaa stfu and stop complaining, I hate these old a.ss rappers always complaining, nigggaa worry about your own s**t.
 02-19-2010, 02:39 AM         #70
kingz21 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Pass the Blunt said:
I heard the interview live on the way to class and it was alright. I mean at the end Rae did come out and say he wasn't trying to come at them and that there was a place for non-lyrical rappers but he thought if you aint that lyrical you should still come with some more passion n not money-this money-that ish.

I didn't listen to the WSHH clip tho so idk what was in it since WSHH always cuts s**t short
lol yeah I don't really care anyways not going to affect me
 8 years ago '08        #71
danny2132 
space
space
$1,747 | Props total: 16 16
Ok this is what I dont get. Why do most of yall really care? I mean when I listen to the radio and Waka, Gucci, or whatever wack artist comes on, I change the channel. We can complain all we want, but the game aint gonna change. Its like most of the ppl in here said, its about the money. The way for something to go away is not buy it, but most 14-26 year olds are gonna buy it because its what most of their friends are listening to and they want to keep up with the "in" crowd. Until they get bored and want to hear something different they artists are gonna sell. Really we are all just wasting air complaining about something that wont change anytime soon. I feel this way, if they anit paying your bills, taking care of your famlies, why worry about it? Its not gonna change the way you all live your lives....

Last edited by danny2132; 02-19-2010 at 02:46 AM..
 02-19-2010, 03:02 AM         #72
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bottom line is waka,and any dumb n*gga in here that agrees with him that if you are "lyrical" you not making money....is an outright idiot....

but perception rules everything around the world now.....most n*ggas live on perception,and don't know what the f**k they're talking about...but talk the loudest like they do know....and get other people to co-sign them,because they're talking the loudest...when in reality they don't know s**t..
 02-19-2010, 04:06 AM         #73
Industry 215 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
NY n*ggas mad Wacka Flocka does that...

"hip hop the hippie the hippie
to the hip hip hop, a you dont stop
the rock it to the bang bang boogie say up jumped the boogie
to the rhythm of the boogie, the beat"
Better than they do
 02-19-2010, 04:07 AM         #74
Industry 215 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

8 years ago '04        #75
slimsebi24 
space
space
$846 | Props total: 0 0
 Ra-da-god said:
Real hiphop talking right there
Same thing I was thinking.

It's so refreshing to see some people discuss a topic without hating each other.
 8 years ago '05        #76
Universal~Mind 59 heat pts59
space
space
$12,109 | Props total: 527 527
 Fresh Whyte said:
...If You Look At Them Deals,They Were All Single Deals Especially That "Party Like A Rockstar" Bulls**t That Came Out.

n*ggas Sitting Here Talking About "ITS ABOUT SKILLS,ITS ABOUT SKILLS"...As I Heard Someone Say On Here "NOBODY WANNA HEAR THAT BORING a.ss RAP" Skills Is Not Finna Put Food On The Table,Clothes On Your Back,etc. The Era Of Proving Is Over,The New Hip Hop Heads Have Found A Way To Jump In The Game Without Showing Nothing & Still Getting The Same Money As They Ones That Had To Prove To Eat.

You Say "oh you can do that but folks going get tired of your same ol s**t" & n*ggas Can Say The Samething About n*ggas Wanting To Prove Skills. You n*ggas Is Going Repeat What The Next Man Said,So You Going Burn Out As Well? If n*ggas With Lyrics Have Fiends Then Why They Fiends Slowly Move On To Something Else. Like You Said,They Get A Better High Somewhere Else. So What You Getting At? If You Dont Switch Up Your s**t & Keep People On There Toes Then You Going Fade Out The Picture,Its A Circle On How Things Move In This Game.

I Think Old Heads Is Pissed That These Young n*ggas Found A Way To Get To This Money Without Proving & Its Making Them Mad. Its That "i work harder than him,why he get all the credit"....Pimp The System To What They Wanna Hear,Not What YOU Want Them To Hear.
n*gga what the f**k? Look like you were starting a new sentence with each word. Every muf**kin word is capitalized...
 8 years ago '07        #77
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,898 | Props total: 1142 1142
 Industry 215 said:
oh my god......this is the first time i heard this dude

easily the worst rapper ever.......EVER
 8 years ago '05        #78
Universal~Mind 59 heat pts59
space
space
$12,109 | Props total: 527 527
 DominicanLou said:
If hip-hop was a business like McDonalds i could agree with all you "lyrics dont sell anymore so why do it" n*ggas. BUT, i was under the impression that hip-hop music is art like photography or any other genre of music. Actually, its beyond that...its a culture as well. Some where the game got f**ked up and we lost our art. what happened to hip hop ARTISTS? who says they wanna become a painter to make millions? We have this twisted perspective that if it's generating money thats all that counts. Imagine, as minorities having something as powerful as hip-hop to use to our advantage and we just prostitute it like we've been doing now. I think that the world in general never took hip-hop seriously. It was never really considered a legitimate genre. No one ever called it music. No one bothered to see the artistry and the artform and the culture. And now all have is its bastard.

No one would dare try and hijack jazz, country, etc. for the purpose of making profit. Those genres are still respected. Hip-hop is a victim of its own super success and popularity.

[pic - click to view]

:agreement6:
 02-19-2010, 05:59 AM         #79
PhrenologyW 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I see why budden went at method man now, method man a dumb f**k, does he not understand Wacka is just making music for clubs and not trying to be an mc?

ITS JUST FOR THE CLUBS

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by PhrenologyW; 02-19-2010 at 06:03 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #80
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,175 | Props total: 11699 11699
"n*ggas'll be doing the stanky leg all day"
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago