This for Yall: Method Man and ghost face talking about Waka Flocka and South Lyrics and Rap today

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
242 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #41
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 Fresh Whyte said:
....How Is It Getting Pimped?

These Labels Want Something "HOT"....These Wack n*ggas Giving Them Something Hot & Thats It But You n*ggas That Want To Show & Prove? "YEAH I GOT THAT HOTNESS & I ALSO GOT SKILLS TOO"....You n*ggas Bringin Too Much To The Table & When The Labels Take It & Yo s**t Flops,You Feel You Got Robbed.

Why Give These Labels Skills When They Only Want Entertainment? Why...."TO SHOW I'M BETTER THAN ALL",The Game Has Changed. We Not On That s**t No More & You n*ggas Is Still Stuck In The Past Trying Recreate Blueprints & Illmatics and That s**t Aint Happening & Will Not Sell In The Business Today.

You Bringin Up J-Kwon & Lil Boosie...Both Have No Lyric Skills But Different Deals. J-Kwon Got A Bigger Deal & Got Pimp and After Artists Like That Started Getting Pimp. n*ggas Started Supplyin The Labels With Less. Lil Boosie Makes Up To What? 50k To 70k A Show I Believe. Selling Out Shows & Getting Money and Whats Different Is? Lil Boosie Is A Indie-Underground Artist While J-Kwon Had A Commercial Superstar Deal & Got Pimp For His Single.

Where Lil Mama At? Lipgloss Was Poppin With The b**ches? What Happen To That b**ch? What Happen To Jim Jones? Where BAAAALLLIIINN At?
I dont know Lil Mama's whereabouts and Jim Jones had/has side hustles going on. That n*gga had a position at Sony. That's different. We're talkin about using your music with no lyrics to get money and how that's sooooooo much more successful than the next man who has lyrics "and supposedly gets no money".

The n*gga MF Doom sends out other n*ggas in masks to do his shows, while he sits at home watchin f**kin Cartoon network. He has lyrics and has been around longer than Shawty Lo.
He gets deals with 3 different labels and has different albums out at once. Yeah the 106 and Park audience doesnt care, n*gga I dont even care, BUT YET HE' S ABLE TO KEEP GETTIN THOSE DEALS BECAUSE HE HAS A LOYAL FOLLOWING THAT ENJOYS HIS LYRICS. That n*gga been doing that s**t for the past 7-8 years.
That's truly pimpin the system.

f**k is you talkin bout.

Anyway...I mean If you DO this, its your job, as long as it feeds your family, is it too much to ask for some lyrics or quality songs? Something that doesnt sound like the rap music that you hear Riley listening to on the Boondocks?
 8 years ago '06        #42
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,375 | Props total: 4645 4645
If hip-hop was a business like McDonalds i could agree with all you "lyrics dont sell anymore so why do it" n*ggas. BUT, i was under the impression that hip-hop music is art like photography or any other genre of music. Actually, its beyond that...its a culture as well. Some where the game got f**ked up and we lost our art. what happened to hip hop ARTISTS? who says they wanna become a painter to make millions? We have this twisted perspective that if it's generating money thats all that counts. Imagine, as minorities having something as powerful as hip-hop to use to our advantage and we just prostitute it like we've been doing now. I think that the world in general never took hip-hop seriously. It was never really considered a legitimate genre. No one ever called it music. No one bothered to see the artistry and the artform and the culture. And now all have is its bastard.

No one would dare try and hijack jazz, country, etc. for the purpose of making profit. Those genres are still respected. Hip-hop is a victim of its own super success and popularity.
 8 years ago '04        #43
whyh8 
space
space
$342 | Props total: 0 0
 DominicanLou said:
If hip-hop was a business like McDonalds i could agree with all you "lyrics dont sell anymore so why do it" n*ggas. BUT, i was under the impression that hip-hop music is art like photography or any other genre of music. Actually, its beyond that...its a culture as well. Some where the game got f**ked up and we lost our art. what happened to hip hop ARTISTS? who says they wanna become a painter to make millions? We have this twisted perspective that if it's generating money thats all that counts. Imagine, as minorities having something as powerful as hip-hop to use to our advantage and we just prostitute it like we've been doing now. I think that the world in general never took hip-hop seriously. It was never really considered a legitimate genre. No one ever called it music. No one bothered to see the artistry and the artform and the culture. And now all have is its bastard.

No one would dare try and hijack jazz, country, etc. for the purpose of making profit. Those genres are still respected. Hip-hop is a victim of its own super success and popularity.

hip hop has evolved into something bigger than a artistry. it has become a way for people to make money with little to no effort. i dont know if that k!lled it but has become more and more crowded because of it. the demand for "better" music is no longer there. hip hop has transitioned from being a culture to being popular and lucrative. as long as millions can be made off of it then it will continue to be this way. painting went through the the same thing. google it. it came to a point where people didnt want the next big thing as divinci they wanted divinci but at a cheaper price. all forms of entertainment go through this cycle until finally it stops selling and then the people who are the real artist out live the bull...
 8 years ago '04        #44
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,755 | Props total: 1572 1572
 genobee said:
Wu sounds like haters when they brought up that chicken noodle soup, acting like its better than money to blow lol

but interview was on point otherwise.
he wasn't saying it was better overall he was saying he would rather kids listen to that record than most of the bulls**t these south n*ggas puttin out and I agree.

Young B (I think thats her name) was 14 when she made that record whats waka's & guccis excuse for the nursery rhyming pop BS?
 8 years ago '05        #45
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
 whyh8 said:
:applause::applause::applause:

church...but im not mad at these n*ggas with bad business practices and quick money
Nah, I aint mad neither.

But let's not get it twisted or misconstrued either.

Flocka can get his bread. s**t do whatever to keep from gettin k!lled, outta jail, and feed your family.

But reality is reality, and the reality is n*ggaz who claim that "oh I'm gettin money and I aint got no lyrics" ...Mannnnnnnn, I've heard it all before, when the last 5 wack rappers said it.
This s**t is a re-run of the same reality show with different damn characters. Them n*ggas last for 8 quarters, tops.

Last edited by Bobby's World; 02-18-2010 at 11:58 PM..
 02-18-2010, 11:56 PM         #46
D I P S 3 T 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fresh Whyte said:
.... @ Method Man Talking About "these muthafuccas downloading s**t,f**k it. i seen wolverine before it came out"

@ Interviewer..."one rapper came up said "they dont need lyrics",i aint going say who" & The n*gga Still Drops The Name. O Sneaky a.ss n*gga Tryin Get Some s**t Started.

Why Hate? We In A Era Where We Trying Get Money Now. Back In The Day,It Was Show & Prove Your Skills But Those Days Is Over. n*ggas Gotta Retire Or Let Go Of The Old Days....

@ Chicken Noodle Soup....NY n*ggas Get Mad When That Track Comes Up But Its True. You Cant Clown Or Disrespect Someone Else When Your Backyard Is Doing The Same Thing & Thing Is When n*ggas Dont Be On That "simple minded s**t" As They Say and Try To Prove They Skills. n*ggas Still Sit Back & Say "oh oh they trying be us,they stealing our s**t."

So Whats Going Be? I'm Sitt Here & Make Money Off These Ringtone Type Raps & Let Yall Hate Or Prove My Skills and Let Yall Still s**t On Me. Nobody Wins....
Chicken noodle soup...yeah one song. The south got several hundred.
 02-18-2010, 11:58 PM         #47
goldstarchoice 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fresh Whyte said:
.... @ Method Man Talking About "these muthafuccas downloading s**t,f**k it. i seen wolverine before it came out"

@ Interviewer..."one rapper came up said "they dont need lyrics",i aint going say who" & The n*gga Still Drops The Name. O Sneaky a.ss n*gga Tryin Get Some s**t Started.

Why Hate? We In A Era Where We Trying Get Money Now. Back In The Day,It Was Show & Prove Your Skills But Those Days Is Over. n*ggas Gotta Retire Or Let Go Of The Old Days....

@ Chicken Noodle Soup....NY n*ggas Get Mad When That Track Comes Up But Its True. You Cant Clown Or Disrespect Someone Else When Your Backyard Is Doing The Same Thing & Thing Is When n*ggas Dont Be On That "simple minded s**t" As They Say and Try To Prove They Skills. n*ggas Still Sit Back & Say "oh oh they trying be us,they stealing our s**t."

So Whats Going Be? I'm Sitt Here & Make Money Off These Ringtone Type Raps & Let Yall Hate Or Prove My Skills and Let Yall Still s**t On Me. Nobody Wins....
You sound like a straight a.ss. A 16 year old kid.
 8 years ago '05        #48
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
$43,446 | Props total: 25134 25134
 Bobby's World said:
I dont know Lil Mama's whereabouts and Jim Jones had/has side hustles going on. That n*gga had a position at Sony. That's different. We're talkin about using your music with no lyrics to get money and how that's sooooooo much more successful than the next man who has lyrics "and supposedly gets no money".

The n*gga MF Doom sends out other n*ggas in masks to do his shows, while he sits at home watchin f**kin Cartoon network. He has lyrics and has been around longer than Shawty Lo.
He gets deals with 3 different labels and has different albums out at once. Yeah the 106 and Park audience doesnt care, n*gga I dont even care, BUT YET HE' S ABLE TO KEEP GETTIN THOSE DEALS BECAUSE HE HAS A LOYAL FOLLOWING THAT ENJOYS HIS LYRICS. That n*gga been doing that s**t for the past 7-8 years.
That's truly pimpin the system.

f**k is you talkin bout.

Anyway...I mean If you DO this, its your job, as long as it feeds your family, is it too much to ask for some lyrics or quality songs? Something that doesnt sound like the rap music that you hear Riley listening to on the Boondocks?

.... n*ggas Still Comparing Hip Hop With Labels Type Of Hip Hop.

MF-Doom Has Indie Deals,You Speaking Like They n*gga Got A Deal With Def Jam,Sony,and Universial & Doing It Big & He Signed To Indie Labels To Push Out Albums,If Def Jam Right Gave Him A Deal & He Was Put Out A Album & Was Put In The Same Light As The Ones That Have No Lyrics,You Know He Wont Make It. Why Even Go That Route? Its A Waste Of Money To The Labels & The Business But Oh....He Has Lyrics,It'll Keep Him Strong.

It'll Keep Him Strong In The Underground Scene Where It Means Something. He Not Pimping The System With Those Indie Deals,He Trying Make His Name Grow & Barely Growing. Pimping The System Is MF Going Commercial. Switch Up A Little Bit....

Sell To The Commercial Crowd,Collect That Paper & Hop Out That Commercial Scene & Go Back Underground. I Bet You Those Commercial Fans Will Follow & Ask "hey where that MF dude go? i like his music" Then You Lead Them To Where It All Goes Down At & Thats How Your Fanbase Grow More & You Pimp The System. You Gave The Labels Want They Want & You Left Taking What You Want. More Fame & More Fans....

If You All Want Lyrics Back In Rap Then Make It Happen. f**k The Internet...f**k The Computers. Go Back To How It Was...Waking Up Hitting Up The Mom & Pops Stores For Music,Supporting The Artist & Trying Stay Update On What Came Out Next.

goldstarchoice said:
You sound like a straight a.ss. A 16 year old kid.
...Thats Your Only Best Reply. To Sit Here & Look Like A a.ss Yourself Without Backing Up Your Words.

Pimp C Rolling In His Grave...Remove The Avy Homie.

D I P S 3 T said:
Chicken noodle soup...yeah one song. The south got several hundred.
...You Acting Like NY Have Aint Hundreds Of Them Either. You Acting Like Southern Rap Dont Have Artists With Lyrics. Stop The Hate...

Last edited by Fresh; 02-19-2010 at 12:02 AM..
 8 years ago '04        #49
whyh8 
space
space
$342 | Props total: 0 0
 Fresh Whyte said:

If You All Want Lyrics Back In Rap Then Make It Happen. f**k The Internet...f**k The Computers. Go Back To How It Was...Waking Up Hitting Up The Mom & Pops Stores For Music,Supporting The Artist & Trying Stay Update On What Came Out Next.
church it is up to the people... this bull exist because we allow it. the end

:agreement6::agreement6::agreement6:
 8 years ago '05        #50
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
 DominicanLou said:

Precisely. Eventhough its a definite cash cow, after 30+ years the s**t is looking and sounding as stupid as people outside of the culture originally thought it was.

Oh well. f**k b**ches. Get money.
 8 years ago '05        #51
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
 Fresh Whyte said:
.... n*ggas Still Comparing Hip Hop With Labels Type Of Hip Hop.

MF-Doom Has Indie Deals,You Speaking Like They n*gga Got A Deal With Def Jam,Sony,and Universial & Doing It Big & He Signed To Indie Labels To Push Out Albums,If Def Jam Right Gave Him A Deal & He Was Put Out A Album & Was Put In The Same Light As The Ones That Have No Lyrics,You Know He Wont Make It. Why Even Go That Route? Its A Waste Of Money To The Labels & The Business But Oh....He Has Lyrics,It'll Keep Him Strong.

It'll Keep Him Strong In The Underground Scene Where It Means Something. He Not Pimping The System With Those Indie Deals,He Trying Make His Name Grow & Barely Growing. Pimping The System Is MF Going Commercial. Switch Up A Little Bit....

Sell To The Commercial Crowd,Collect That Paper & Hop Out That Commercial Scene & Go Back Underground. I Bet You Those Commercial Fans Will Follow & Ask "hey where that MF dude go? i like his music" Then You Lead Them To Where It All Goes Down At & Thats How Your Fanbase Grow More & You Pimp The System. You Gave The Labels Want They Want & You Left Taking What You Want. More Fame & More Fans....

...Thats Your Only Best Reply. To Sit Here & Look Like A a.ss Yourself Without Backing Up Your Words.

Pimp C Rolling In His Grave...Remove The Avy Homie.

...You Acting Like NY Have Aint Hundreds Of Them Either. You Acting Like Southern Rap Dont Have Artists With Lyrics. Stop The Hate...
EDIT If your MF Doom, why go commercial if you dont have too?

YOUR STILL GETTIN MONEY DOING WHAT THE f**k YOU WANT TO DO WITH YOUR LYRICS.
So a fly by night rapper like Waka Floka can come out and say that dumb s**t, and it has absolutely no effect on you getting your bread because your fan base is in tact.

And I keep bringing up deals, because that's apart of gettin money.

A "deal". Something for something. Your lyrics for this check.

Last edited by Bobby's World; 02-19-2010 at 12:17 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #52
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
 Pass the Blunt said:
Lil Mama? I said reputable.

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

8 years ago '05        #53
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
 Bobby's World said:
EDIT If your MF Doom, why go commercial if you dont have too?

YOUR STILL GETTIN MONEY DOING WHAT THE f**k YOU WANT TO DO WITH YOUR LYRICS.
So a fly by night rapper like Waka Floka can come out and say that dumb s**t, and it has absolutely no effect on you getting your bread because your fan base is in tact.

And I keep bringing up deals, because that's apart of gettin money.

A "deal". Something for something. Your lyrics for this check.
....You Saying MF Doom Is "gettin money" Off 3 Indie Deals? He Not,Those Labels Are Only Supplying Out His Music Which They Cut Into His Pay Once Everything Is Counted Up. So He Only Has His Fan Base. The Real Money Is Out On The Road...The More Fans,The More Paper.

Waka Is Signed To A Indie Deal Cosign By Warner Bros But Has A Wack a.ss Single Getting Played Everywhere & He Still Getting Known But The Single Is The Help Of The Label "Warner Bros' Putting It On A Bigger Map. Now Lets Take Warner Bros Out Ths Picture For A Minute. That Track Was Already Having A Buzz Of Its Own Without The Help Of Warner Bros.

Waka Is Getting Like 20k To 30k On The Road I Believe,Thats Where He See His Bankroll Coming In. More Fans Eat Up That Track,The More Wackness He Can Put Out For Fans To Eat Up & The Price Goes Up Higher For His Appearance Everywhere. He Can Rap About Pissing On Steps & Clubs Will Give Him 20k To Perform,Why? Cause He Bring In A Large Fan Base & He Also Notice,He Doesnt Have To Prove Anything With Lyrics When Folks Just Want To Enjoy Themselfs To His Music.

As Of The Game Right Now,Your Lyrics Is Not Going Get You A Check. You Got Take The Dumb Route To Get A Check. Give The Labels Less & Get Paid and Move On Your Way.
 8 years ago '05        #54
Da Gooneyz 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,045 | Props total: 824 824
But in all fairness, Waka Flocka told it like it is, this is why Fresh, in principle, is right. Waka and Rae said similar things from different sides of the fence.

The problem for me lies in the fact that The Radio n*ggas (Whoo Kid n who-else) cosigned and endorsed the idea of Waka Flocka being proud and beating his chest about it. "Yeah yeah, thats great!! f**k Lyrics!" Nah n*gga. Dudes were making excuses for Soulja Boy saying "its up to the older heads to teach him and not s**t on him". Where was the teaching in that Waka Flocka scenario? It's not even a case where it's the label anymore. As much as I dont like Flex's bootlicking, I believe that he would've tore that boy's a.ss up for saying that s**t with such pride.

And it's not fair to scapegoat the south. NY n*ggas are complaining, but alot of them sold the f**k out at one point in their careers. Even KRS One. That NIKE s**t he did? He got alot of s**t for that. He tried to twist s**t up and justify it...look what that lead to today. Even that funny n*gga Mickey Factz doing Honda ads now. n*ggas will sell. You gotta show em the right amount. Now, the framework has been changed to where No lyrics is what makes the money. So guess what?

Last edited by Da Gooneyz; 02-19-2010 at 12:44 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #55
meercy|m 
space
space
$9,377 | Props total: 476 476
 Da Gooneyz said:
But in all fairness, Waka Flocka told it like it is, this is why Fresh, in principle, is right. Waka and Rae said similar things from different sides of the fence.

The problem for me lies in the fact that The Radio n*ggas (Whoo Kid n who-else) cosigned and endorsed the idea of Waka Flocka being proud and beating his chest about it. "Yeah yeah, thats great!! f**k Lyrics!" Nah n*gga. Dudes were making excuses for Soulja Boy saying "its up to the older heads to teach him and not s**t on him". Where was the teaching in that Waka Flocka scenario? It's not even a case where it's the label anymore. As much as I dont like Flex's bootlicking, I believe that he would've tore that boy's a.ss up for saying that s**t with such pride.

And it's not fair to scapegoat the south. NY n*ggas are complaining, but alot of them sold the f**k out at one point in their careers. Even KRS One. That NIKE s**t he did? He got alot of s**t for that. He tried to twist s**t up and justify it...look what that lead to today.
tru tru.... lets look at it from this point of view....
there was a point where east coast only controlled the market....
then the west coast came wit a whole new sound.. & not a lyrical one eithier....

that whole time the south was doin them... proly gettin turned down by the majors...
so they said f**k it & got money independent... which is cool.. a whole new hustle.....
& that hustle has lead many diff regional artist to do the same....

so now since the south has got in the race for a while now.....
when ppl thought it was gone fade away but it didnt...
ppl still talkin about it.. but for wat ?
its pointless... times change nicca..
 8 years ago '06        #56
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,375 | Props total: 4645 4645

8 years ago '05        #57
Gravediggaz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,532 | Props total: 161 161
"I respect Hammer more than these new rappers"
 02-19-2010, 01:06 AM         #58
NaijaSoul 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
there just needs to be a balance, and probably more rappers reading books to improve their vocabulary, I guess Meth thought that what he was trying to show when he kept saying the word "cadence" over and over...
 8 years ago '07        #59
NuffGanja 117 heat pts117
space
space
$35,711 | Props total: 14906 14906
method sayin whats real....it aint only the south... even n*ggas like jim jones was rappin garbage bars
 8 years ago '04        #60
Adwerdz 320 heat pts320
space
space
$32,765 | Props total: 23448 23448
wu tang interview >>>>>>>

This sound like an ill wu skit
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
56 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
147 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
112 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
15 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy