This for Yall: Method Man and ghost face talking about Waka Flocka and South Lyrics and Rap today

most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
109 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
59 comments
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
13 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
57 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #21
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
$43,446 | Props total: 25130 25130
 Da Gooneyz said:
What about the culture? "Show and Prove" has strong cultural roots...bigger than Hip-Hop culture actually.
...Its Gone,That Era Of "Show & Prove" Is GONE

These Young n*ggas Like What I Gotta Prove To You? I'm Getting Money Off Saying Stupid s**t Like "cat in the hat,turn around watch that cat" While You Trying Prove You Hardest To Make A Name Or Living.

That "Make A Name For Yourself" Is Out The Game,Pointless To These Young Dudes. If You Want Prove Something? Dont Get In The Commercial Scene,Stay Understand & Prove To Them n*ggas That You Got Skills Where Names Mean Something. You Cant Take That Same Element & Bring It Commercial Cause The Customers In The Commercial Scene Aint Trying Hear That.

Whats The Point Of Bringin That Element Out & Making It Commercial? n*ggas Trying Make Paper Off That Element & It Wont Work. Keep It Underground & Original Where It Wont Get Water Down But Nooooo n*ggas Want Some Paper For Proving They Skills & Thats Where The Game Gets f**ked Up
 8 years ago '04        #22
whyh8 
space
space
$342 | Props total: 0 0
i kinda with fresh wyte its no longer a skill required to be in the game. its all about selling records. and the era that we live in you have to be entertaining. that does not translate into being a skilled mc. i think now if you get in this game its no longer with the purpose of proving how talented you are. because if you pick that lane and have no star status or quality behind you, you will not sell. the game has evloved and its either get down or lay down. but you have to take each record for what it is. and the bottom line is, it is all entertainment. If you dont like turn it off, dont buy it, or get away from it.
 8 years ago '07        #23
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
$12,936 | Props total: 1532 1532
thats real talk right there...
 02-18-2010, 11:03 PM         #24
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lmao....

n*ggas is gettin heated.

edit: some real talk going DOWN.

Last edited by WorldsStrangest; 02-18-2010 at 11:07 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #25
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 Fresh Whyte said:
...If You Look At Them Deals,They Were All Single Deals Especially That "Party Like A Rockstar" Bulls**t That Came Out.

n*ggas Sitting Here Talking About "ITS ABOUT SKILLS,ITS ABOUT SKILLS"...As I Heard Someone Say On Here "NOBODY WANNA HEAR THAT BORING a.ss RAP" Skills Is Not Finna Put Food On The Table,Clothes On Your Back,etc. The Era Of Proving Is Over,The New Hip Hop Heads Have Found A Way To Jump In The Game Without Showing Nothing & Still Getting The Same Money As They Ones That Had To Prove To Eat.

You Say "oh you can do that but folks going get tired of your same ol s**t" & n*ggas Can Say The Samething About n*ggas Wanting To Prove Skills. You n*ggas Is Going Repeat What The Next Man Said,So You Going Burn Out As Well? If n*ggas With Lyrics Have Fiends Then Why They Fiends Slowly Move On To Something Else. Like You Said,They Get A Better High Somewhere Else. So What You Getting At? If You Dont Switch Up Your s**t & Keep People On There Toes Then You Going Fade Out The Picture,Its A Circle On How Things Move In This Game.

I Think Old Heads Is Pissed That These Young n*ggas Found A Way To Get To This Money Without Proving & Its Making Them Mad. Its That "i work harder than him,why he get all the credit"....Pimp The System To What They Wanna Hear,Not What YOU Want Them To Hear.

Found a way to get to this money...money from SINGLE DEALS.

Key Word SINGLE. How many other SINGLES were them n*ggaz able to come out with?

That's not pimpin that's gettin pimped. Label throws you some chump change, makes millions off your single, then your never to be heard from again. Not even in the throwback mix. When was the last time you heard "Errrrr body in the club get tipsy!!"

He was number #1 during his time with no lyrics too. WHERE THE f**k IS THAT n*gga?
How are you gettin money when your rap career is summed up to a few singles and some shows? WHERE THE f**k IS LIL BOOSIE??? We was just wiping ourselves down (PAUSE), for like 6 months. Where the f**k is the money at?
 8 years ago '05        #26
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
 Pass the Blunt said:
what people don't realize when talking about Chicken Noodle Soup is that track was made to imitate southern rap since that's what was hot at the time (and now.) So when Southern n*ggas say "that chicken noodle soup is garbage too!" they don't realize they are in fact talking about "their" rap.

Plus chicken noodle soup was made by some one hit wonder little girl, not a reputable NY rapper. It was a song that jocked southern sound, plain and simple
 slimwillie said:
lol @ bringing up chicken noodle soup. that song was in 2006. there have been thousands of southern tracks worse then that since then
 Loyalist said:
the south got 10 songs just as bad or even worse @ a time.
...I Dont Get This,n*ggas Say South Got The Wackiest Tracks But They s**t Getting Played On Yall Radios & In Yall Clubs. The South Is Robbing You n*ggas With Wackness While You Sit Here Complaining & b**ching.

Lets Not Forget Ron Browz & DJ Webstar and They Bootleg South Movement In NY Now. Where That "Gimmie 20","Jumpin Out The Window","Dancin On Me","G-Slide","Lipgloss",and List Goes On and On and On.

n*ggas Went From Clowning The South To Trying Act Like Them Then To Say "oh we was clowning the south with those" When The Excuses Stop?

And Southern Kids Was Bangin That Chicken Noodle Soup Shyt As Well. NY Was Getting Paid For A Minute Till The Hate Creep Back In.

Ask These n*ggas Know Days That Trying Get The In Game. I Bet You 7 Outta 10 Tell You,I'm In It For The Money & Oh Yeah The Music Too.
 8 years ago '04        #27
whyh8 
space
space
That's not pimpin that's gettin pimped. Label throws you some chump change, makes millions off your single, then your never to be heard from again. Not even in the throwback mix. When was the last time you heard "Errrrr body in the club get tipsy!!"

what you fail to realize is half these cats dont understand business period. so the label gets over. and in their eyes they feel they are talented. because they dont meet you level of talent you feel they are garbage. listen i agree its not generally not my type of music but i simply dont listen to it, if im not feeling. should i hate on them if they have single deals and getting even a little bit of bread. no i think not. let them n*ggas have they 14:59 and keep it moving
 8 years ago '05        #28
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
 Bobby's World said:
Found a way to get to this money...money from SINGLE DEALS.

Key Word SINGLE. How many other SINGLES were them n*ggaz able to come out with?

He was number #1 during his time with no lyrics too. WHERE THE f**k IS THAT n*gga?
How are you gettin money when your rap career is summed up to a few singles and some shows? WHERE THE f**k IS LIL BOOSIE??? We was just wiping ourselves down (PAUSE), for like 6 months. Where the f**k is the money at?
....How Is It Getting Pimped?

These Labels Want Something "HOT"....These Wack n*ggas Giving Them Something Hot & Thats It But You n*ggas That Want To Show & Prove? "YEAH I GOT THAT HOTNESS & I ALSO GOT SKILLS TOO"....You n*ggas Bringin Too Much To The Table & When The Labels Take It & Yo s**t Flops,You Feel You Got Robbed.

Why Give These Labels Skills When They Only Want Entertainment? Why...."TO SHOW I'M BETTER THAN ALL",The Game Has Changed. We Not On That s**t No More & You n*ggas Is Still Stuck In The Past Trying Recreate Blueprints & Illmatics and That s**t Aint Happening & Will Not Sell In The Business Today.

You Bringin Up J-Kwon & Lil Boosie...Both Have No Lyric Skills But Different Deals. J-Kwon Got A Bigger Deal & Got Pimp and After Artists Like That Started Getting Pimp. n*ggas Started Supplyin The Labels With Less. Lil Boosie Makes Up To What? 50k To 70k A Show I Believe. Selling Out Shows & Getting Money and Whats Different Is? Lil Boosie Is A Indie-Underground Artist While J-Kwon Had A Commercial Superstar Deal & Got Pimp For His Single.

Where Lil Mama At? Lipgloss Was Poppin With The b**ches? What Happen To That b**ch? What Happen To Jim Jones? Where BAAAALLLIIINN At?
 8 years ago '04        #29
whyh8 
space
space
i always thought it was show money, that gave you the real bread as a artist anyway.
 8 years ago '05        #30
Da Gooneyz 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,045 | Props total: 824 824
 Fresh Whyte said:
...Its Gone,That Era Of "Show & Prove" Is GONE

These Young n*ggas Like What I Gotta Prove To You? I'm Getting Money Off Saying Stupid s**t Like "cat in the hat,turn around watch that cat" While You Trying Prove You Hardest To Make A Name Or Living.

That "Make A Name For Yourself" Is Out The Game,Pointless To These Young Dudes. If You Want Prove Something? Dont Get In The Commercial Scene,Stay Understand & Prove To Them n*ggas That You Got Skills Where Names Mean Something. You Cant Take That Same Element & Bring It Commercial Cause The Customers In The Commercial Scene Aint Trying Hear That.

Whats The Point Of Bringin That Element Out & Making It Commercial? n*ggas Trying Make Paper Off That Element & It Wont Work. Keep It Underground & Original Where It Wont Get Water Down But Nooooo n*ggas Want Some Paper For Proving They Skills & Thats Where The Game Gets f**ked Up
I agree with what you're saying in principle, because this somewhat mirrors another industry which im involved in.....the film-making industry and the professional blur thats has taken it by storm because of the 5DMKII. I dont agree that culture should be compromised and exploited just to put a likkle money in a n*gga's pocket though. You seem to somewhat endorse that in your posts.
 8 years ago '04        #31
whyh8 
space
space
 Fresh Whyte said:

Where Lil Mama At? Lipgloss Was Poppin With The b**ches? What Happen To That b**ch? What Happen To Jim Jones? Where BAAAALLLIIINN At?

hilarious @ lil mama
 8 years ago '05        #32
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 Supa Mario 910 said:
Your hate must have blinded you. J-Kwon is from St. Louis, NOT THE SOUTH, and he dropped another album last year. Boosie also dropped another album late last year and is very popular in the South. Wipe Me Down wasn't even his song, it was Foxx's.
This aint about the south, its about n*ggaz with no lyrics and the fans who think them n*ggaz is "ahead of the curve" gettin money with that bulls**t.

Okay...where's the money. Money for 6 months to a year.

Talib Kweli, a lyrical dropped in what? 98?

Its 2010. Twelve years. He's still around and his primary job is RAP MUSIC.

Waka Floka been around for about a year, just recently gettin some shine.
Admits he dont need lyrics to get money as a rapper. Cool.

But anyone who thinks he will be around for another 11 years "gettin money" primarily from his music is f**kin fool.

Thats my point.
 8 years ago '04        #33
nicoled985 22 heat pts22
space
space
$14,337 | Props total: 4469 4469
This was an excellent interview and they spoke the truth... Meth was right when he said there are cycles... Those ABC rappers will see when their money is depleted...

Meth had me dyin with that Wolverine movie joke hahahaha
 8 years ago '04        #34
whyh8 
space
space
 Bobby's World said:
This aint about the south, its about n*ggaz with no lyrics and the fans who think them n*ggaz is "ahead of the curve" gettin money with that bulls**t.

But anyone who thinks he will be around for another 11 years "gettin money" primarily from his music is f**kin fool.

Thats my point.
ok i agree with tht point but....its just two different lanes in the industry, some cats just want the quick bread and some want longevity. you can tell the difference between the two. some cats will try to perfect their craft and some will just blow their money and their 15mins.
 8 years ago '08        #35
get_ate 
space
space
$1,848 | Props total: 399 399
 Bobby's World said:

Yeah n*ggaz can get money and burn the strip up, but when the fiends get used to your s**t and that s**t don't get them high no more, you done. n*ggaz is proud cause they gettin money off of soap, that they told everybody was crack, till the fiends find something else to get them high. n*ggaz with lyrics got fiends for life, cause those fiends know they good for it. That aint hate, that's just reality.
You, sir, understand it.

8 years ago '05        #36
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
 Da Gooneyz said:
I agree with what you're saying in principle, because this somewhat mirrors another industry which im involved in.....the film-making industry and the professional blur thats has taken it by storm because of the 5DMKII. I dont agree that culture should be compromised and exploited just to put a likkle money in a n*gga's pocket though. You seem to somewhat endorse that in your posts.

...By Thing Is Why "Show & Prove" In A Business That Basic On Whats Hot? Its Cool To Show Your Skills On The Other Side But When You In This Business. Just Give Something Thats Going Keep These Kids Singing & Dancing.

n*ggas With Skills Want Jump In The Business & Put Extra s**t With It Then Get Mad When The Customers Sit Back & Say "this aint what i wanted to hear?" and You Trying Explain To Them "THIS IS REAL HIP HOP,that other s**t i did was for the label but this what yall need to hear" and They End Up Passing Your Material & You Feel Like A Fool.

The Rap Business Is Not Around Show & Prove. Back In The Day When Rap Started,You Had To Prove You Had The Skills To Get A Deal Cause Thats What The Business Was Base On. Labels Had Artists That Put Up Against Other Labels & Artists To See Who Was The Best. That Done Change Once A Catchy Little Rhyme Starts Growing & Making You Money. The Business Look At As "f**k your skills,make that money...."

Bobby's World said:

Thats my point.
....The Money Is Going Be Around. Look At Lil Jon...Look At Soulja Boy....Look At Cash Money,That Money Is Still Around & So Are They.

You Say Talib Started In 98' and He Still Around,He Has A Job In Rap? But Talib Is Not On The Commercial Scene As The Other Rappers Are. Talib Has Played The Back Role and Been Doing Homework On The Business. He Understands,I Really Aint Gotta Rap Back To Back. Give The Fans Something Here...Later On Down The Line,Give Them Something There. He Not Ont The Frontline Say I'M HERE & I COME TO PROVE I GOT SKILLS.....He Play The Back-Role & Watches The Scene Cause The Ones That Tryin Prove Is Gettin Burnt Out & Played Out.

Waka Could Still Be Around If He Aint k!lled Or In Jail. He Continue With The Route He Taking But Slow It Down & Supply The Fans With Less & Stick To Being A Hypeman Like Juice Than Yes He Can Still Be Around. It All Depends On The Route He Takes & How To Manage The Game....
 8 years ago '04        #37
whyh8 
space
space
 Bobby's World said:

Yeah n*ggaz can get money and burn the strip up, but when the fiends get used to your s**t and that s**t don't get them high no more, you done. n*ggaz is proud cause they gettin money off of soap, that they told everybody was crack, till the fiends find something else to get them high. n*ggaz with lyrics got fiends for life, cause those fiends know they good for it. That aint hate, that's just reality.

:applause::applause::applause:

church...but im not mad at these n*ggas with bad business practices and quick money
 8 years ago '04        #38
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,754 | Props total: 1572 1572
Real hiphop talking right there
 8 years ago '04        #39
whyh8 
space
space
 Supa Mario 910 said:
Unfortunately, rap has gone down the drain but it definitely isn't due to the South, ringtone rappers or non of that s**t. It's due to what the record labels, media, and a bunch of other people who ain't hip-hop perceive as being hot. If you want to change the course of rap, let's get BET off the air and then go from there.
even though i feel b.e.t. should die, i dont agree with this. if and only if we stop listening/buying all of this lame rap, only then it will stop exsisiting. but for every waka there is some fans out there who like his music. labels test all of this stuff before they sell it, its called radio. the demographic for liking waka is 14-26. and they call to the station and request this pull. almost everydown south rapper had buzz in their community before they even got a deal. then it becomes a game of copy cat. remember we wanted biggie back so bad so we got shyne? if we demand better we will get better the end.
 8 years ago '04        #40
whyh8 
space
space
 Supa Mario 910 said:
let's get BET off the air and then go from there.

:agreement6::agreement6::agreement6:

^^^^church right there
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
14 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
38 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
99 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
116 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
161 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
227 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
66 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
49 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy