Chad Dawson vs Jean Pascal [8-14-10][HBO]

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
42 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
47 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
79 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Winner
CD by KO 0 0%
CD by D 5 100.00%
draw 0 0%
JP by KO 0 0%
JP by D 0 0%
Voters: 5. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #181
EscoNore 67 heat pts67
space
space
$11,446 | Props total: 172 172
 TampaBay Bucs said:
He has a decent chin. Granite? No.
did u see the Froch and Diaconu f!ght? its granite...he just got stamina issues. The flurries of punches while he was losing stamina was hurtin' him, not one punch.
 7 years ago '05        #182
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,070 | Props total: 6972 6972
saw this one coming.....Chad been overrated as an 'undefeated f!ghter' for a minute.....Jean need to get his endurance up though.
 7 years ago '07        #183
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,091 | Props total: 30415 30415
 TampaBay Bucs said:
Dawson bout to get in that a.ss. Hope the Ref doesnt f**k my n*gga over.
That sh*t happened one time with one ref... and now cats wanna act like that sh*t happens all-the-time. It happens all-the-time aright. In America, Germany and England. Not so much anywhere else.

unwittyname2002 said:
why would chad even take this f!ght in montreal? they be whipping up big batches of that home cooking up there. chad could be down like 5-1, maybe even 6-0 right now on the cards. i got him down 4-2. it's about to be 5-2 the way this 7th roudn is going.
lol at blaming judges eventhough you've never seen judges in Montreal rip-off anyone. Then on top of that, you had the exact same score as the judges

TampaBay Bucs said:
Good call but it was unanimous.
Yea... I gave bum a.ss Dawson too much credit. I knew the f!ght would end on an unconvential decision.

Y'all are pathetic! Using that one-time occurrence to condition yourselves to blame a ref, or a judge, or a country for the f!ghter that y'all are biased in favor of, to lose. Then on top of that, y'all are scoring the f!ght the EXACT same way the judges are... and STILL blame the judges for Dawson losing. WTF?!! I read the entire thread... all y'all were saying 'WTF is Dawson doing'? 'Why is he f!ghting like this'? 'He's losing'! Instead of just stopping there though... y'all had to mention a ref, or a country, or a judge every-single-time.

I didn't even get to see the f!ght. I knew that Dawson was gonna look bad though. I knew he was gonna get outworked and that he was not gonna match the determination of Pascal. I thought that the judges were gonna call it close though, and give Dawson more credit than he deserves, like you guys did. However, they didn't... props to them.

You go back to the first 2-3 pages of this thread, where myself and fishscale were having a discussion on Pascal. I based my entire opinion on him on the way he f!ghts. Not on who I want to win, or from the country he's from. That's what some of y'all need to learn to do.
 08-15-2010, 05:54 AM         #184
TampaBay Bucs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stogz said:
That sh*t happened one time with one ref... and now cats wanna act like that sh*t happens all-the-time. It happens all-the-time aright. In America, Germany and England. Not so much anywhere else.

lol at blaming judges eventhough you've never seen judges in Montreal rip-off anyone. Then on top of that, you had the exact same score as the judges

Yea... I gave bum a.ss Dawson too much credit. I knew the f!ght would end on an unconvential decision.

Y'all are pathetic! Using that one-time occurrence to condition yourselves to blame a ref, or a judge, or a country for the f!ghter that y'all are biased in favor of, to lose. Then on top of that, y'all are scoring the f!ght the EXACT same way the judges are... and STILL blame the judges for Dawson losing. WTF?!! I read the entire thread... all y'all were saying 'WTF is Dawson doing'? 'Why is he f!ghting like this'? 'He's losing'! Instead of just stopping there though... y'all had to mention a ref, or a country, or a judge every-single-time.

I didn't even get to see the f!ght. I knew that Dawson was gonna look bad though. I knew he was gonna get outworked and that he was not gonna match the determination of Pascal. I thought that the judges were gonna call it close though, and give Dawson more credit than he deserves, like you guys did. However, they didn't... props to them.

You go back to the first 2-3 pages of this thread, where myself and fishscale were having a discussion on Pascal. I based my entire opinion on him on the way he f!ghts. Not on who I want to win, or from the country he's from. That's what some of y'all need to learn to do.
Are you sober? I dont think a single person in this thread blamed the refs for Dawson losing. Wipe the cold out your eyes and have a cup or few of coffee.
 08-15-2010, 05:55 AM         #185
TampaBay Bucs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 EscoNore said:
did u see the Froch and Diaconu f!ght? its granite...he just got stamina issues. The flurries of punches while he was losing stamina was hurtin' him, not one punch.
I did. Was a very good scrap but I still will not go as far as to say his chin is granite.
 7 years ago '07        #186
Welsh! 
space
space
$5,541 | Props total: 39 39
Never saw this f!ght, couldn't find it on any channel in the UK, had Dawson winning it before the f!ght.

I'll have to download it.
 7 years ago '06        #187
jj01 
space
space
$44,963 | Props total: 4685 4685
very dissappointed in chad with this performance. he was losing the f!ght because he would stalk him around that massive ring and just stare at him, and pascal knew he would throw so he would let his hands go where more missed than landed.....but he was building his lead that way. chad had him at least 3 times but just backed off, 1st time in a minute where i was yelling at my tv over this.

dude has absolutely no rage in him, and in this sport u need to know when to let it out. im not even sure dude has it, im tired of seeing him box his way cautiously to a boring 12 round f!ght. he also let pascal dictate most of the f!ght, so he was losing in ring generalship also. i need to see a rematch, one where chad has that fire and gets angry (on some p will in the quintana rematch), im hoping this sort of goes alongs those lines. chad is a dumbs**t for taking this f!ght over there, not saying it had any outcome on the f!ght.....just didnt make sense when he was the best to go chasing number 2.
 7 years ago '04        #188
Sinna555 
space
space
$1,838 | Props total: 3 3
I guess Im the only person happy Pascale won! Guess Im also one of the only people who live in Montreal in here, but I have to admit, I thought Pascale was gonna get beat.
 7 years ago '07        #189
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
anyone know where I can catch this f!ght
 7 years ago '06        #190
StudiosConnect' 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,627 | Props total: 0 0
Jean clearly earned the win if he didn't he would be robbed...

Chad gave a bad interview holding with the butt and holding excuses....

Chad possibly could of got a win but the accident k!lled that...

Chad to me made it seem worse to not admit a shoulder injury made him look even worse...

I'm looking forward to a rematch.... Jean should not f!ght Bute I don't want damaged good in the rematch... lets just do chad and jean next.

Cloud connects Dawson will drop.
 7 years ago '07        #191
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 TampaBay Bucs said:
Dawson bout to get in that a.ss. Hope the Ref doesnt f**k my n*gga over.
Conditioning...

TampaBay Bucs said:
2-1 Pascal. Dawson cant coast like this. Look like he is taking a page out of Hopkins book. Not a good idea in Canada.
Since when is coasting a good idea after round 3, if you are arguably DOWN 1 round? What does Canada have to do with that? Conditioning...

TampaBay Bucs said:
2-2, Chad took the 4th but Pascal could have snipped that one with that last punch. I dont like the f!ght Chad is f!ghting. Not in Canada. Could be 4-0 all across the board for Pascal.
You don't like the f!ght he is f!ghting... yet you STILL trying to give him everything you can as a judge... Eventhough you don't like the way he is f!ghting, YOU still want him to get the round and if he doesn't, it's because he's in Canada. Conditioning...

TampaBay Bucs said:
Terrible f!ght from Chad 3-2 Pascal right now. Could be worse on the official cards.
Conditioning...

TampaBay Bucs said:
This n*gga Chad making it hard on himself. No way he is winning f!ghting like this in Canada. 4-2 Pascal. :(
He's f!ghting terrible... you don't like the way he's f!ghting. However, you are insinuating that if the f!ght was in USA he could possibly be winning? What does that say about the kind of judging in the USA then? LOL at there being no way to win a f!ght that you think he is clearly losing, because he is in Canada.

TampaBay Bucs said:
This is "Bad" Chad. 5-2 based on Pascal stunning Chad. He has to f**king put the foot on the pedal and bite down. He will not win in Canada f!ghting this f!ght. Pascal is tiring. Chad has to get on his a.ss.
Where would he win f!ghting this kind of f!ght? You are saying that the judges won't rob Pascal in Canada? If it was in America though, they'd rob him? Is that the point you are trying to make with this post? I still don't understand the constant mention of Canada. Conditioning...

TampaBay Bucs said:
This is f**kng bad. Im sure Chad needs a KO now. He cant win on the cards. 6-2 Pascal.
 stogz said:
That sh*t happened one time with one ref... and now cats wanna act like that sh*t happens all-the-time. It happens all-the-time alright... In America, Germany and England. Not so much anywhere else.

TampaBay Bucs said:
Are you sober? I dont think a single person in this thread blamed the refs for Dawson losing. Wipe the cold out your eyes and have a cup or few of coffee.
Now... how many times did you mention a ref, or a judge, or a country while the f!ght was going on? In your posts, you are saying that Dawson is getting beat... but, you don't stop there. You say ''He can't win like that in Canada''. Lemme ask you a question then. Where can a f!ghter get beat, but still be given the victory on the judges scorecards? Where can a f!ghter, f!ght a losing strategy, and STILL get the victory?

Since you are such a boxing expert... and an even bigger expert on canadian judging/officiating. I'm gonna need you to give me 3 examples of judges robbing f!ghters and 3 examples of refs robbing f!ghters in Canada. I think that is fair... because apparently you know something I don't know and I like to know everything and if I don't know something, I need to learn it ASAP.
 7 years ago '06        #192
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704 OP
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
any1 who wants to download the f!ght, PM me
 7 years ago '06        #193
space
space
Dawson Will Face Jean Pascal Again, But "Bad" Chad Wants A Different Referee

by James Slater: Jean Pascal (26-1, 16 KO's) scored a big upset last night in Canada, by becoming the first man to defeat slick and talented southpaw "Bad" Chad Dawson (27-1, 17 KO's), even if the technical decision the defending WBC light-heavyweight champion was awarded caused controversy. As the result of a nasty clash of heads in the 11th-round, Dawson was deemed unable to carry on by referee Michael Griffin, and the f!ght went to the score cards. Way ahead on all three cards due to his effective aggression and the fact that he took the f!ght to Dawson all night long, Pascal won by scores of 106-103(twice) and 108-101.

This last score infuriated Dawson and his promoter Gary Shaw, and so too did the actions of referee Griffin. With a rematch clause in place, Dawson, now 29-1(17) says he will take the return match, but that he will f!ght with another referee in charge. Promoter Shaw also said he will not have judge Jack Woodburn officiating the sequel - Woodburn of Canada turned in the wide 108-101 score for Pascal.

"The headbutt was intentional in my opinion," Shaw said of the f!ght-ending clash. "I thought the ref should have let Chad f!ght the last two rounds. He had Pascal in trouble."

Dawson, who was too cautious early on in the f!ght, and who fell behind on the cards because of this, did succeed in hurting Pascal in the 9th and 11th-rounds. But then the butt occurred and the winner's early lead paid huge dividends. Can Dawson get revenge in a part-two, or will the stronger, more aggressive Pascal repeat his victory; this time without the controversy?

Dawson, sarcastically, said Pascal can be happy with his "little victory," and he also promised to bring the WBC belt back to America in the rematch.

"There were four or five headbutts, and the ref didn't do anything," Dawson stated. "But we have a rematch clause and I will be back, I will bring the title back to the States."

But will he? For one thing, Pascal -who said his win proved he is both the best 175-pounder in the world and a f!ghter worthy of being placed in the pound-for-pound ratings - has an option to take an interim f!ght before giving Dawson a return match. Word is Pascal, now 26-1(16), and beaten only by Britain's Carl Froch down at super-middleweight, may face reigning IBF 168-pound king Lucian Bute next - in what would be a massive f!ght for Canada.

In the meantime, Pascal can enjoy his big win, even though the defeated Dawson says otherwise.
 7 years ago '07        #194
RJ96 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,834 | Props total: 1998 1998
 Sinna555 said:
I guess Im the only person happy Pascale won! Guess Im also one of the only people who live in Montreal in here, but I have to admit, I thought Pascale was gonna get beat.
I was not impressed as anyone commenting on the f!ght before talking like it was going to be a walk in the park for Dawson
 7 years ago '04        #195
CentsCuZ 19 heat pts19
space
space
$11,002 | Props total: 771 771

[video - click to view]

08-15-2010, 04:33 PM         #196
ace8705 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StudiosConnect' said:
Jean clearly earned the win if he didn't he would be robbed...

Chad gave a bad interview holding with the butt and holding excuses....

Chad possibly could of got a win but the accident k!lled that...

Chad to me made it seem worse to not admit a shoulder injury made him look even worse...

I'm looking forward to a rematch.... Jean should not f!ght Bute I don't want damaged good in the rematch... lets just do chad and jean next.

Cloud connects Dawson will drop.
IF U ARE REFERRING TO THE STATEMENT THAT WAS MADE IN THE CORNER...HE WAS TALKING ABOUT PASCAL'S SHOULDER BEING f**kED UP..
 7 years ago '07        #197
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 ace8705 said:
IF U ARE REFERRING TO THE STATEMENT THAT WAS MADE IN THE CORNER...HE WAS TALKING ABOUT PASCAL'S SHOULDER BEING f**kED UP..
No he wasn't. He was talking about Dawson's shoulder. He even made it a point to say ''Don't be confused, Pascal's shoulder was dislocated 3 times in his previous f!ght but, we are talk about Dawson's shoulder''.
 7 years ago '06        #198
space
space
i would like to announce that i am a jean pascal fan (along with chad of course)
 7 years ago '07        #200
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
Just watched the f!ght. I had it 106-103.

Dawson had Pascal hurt, stunned, dazed, and motionless in the middle of that 11th round with a left uppercut. When you have a f!ghter in that motionless state... THAT'S when you throw combos with no caution to the wind. Dawson did not.

I see what you guys are talking about when you say Dawson should let his hands go... but he doesn't have to win by KO to beat Pascal. He just has to double-up on the decoy jab and then follow with the heat. That was the only thing that was consistently messing with Pascal's pace.

I think the ref was fair all f!ght long. I didn't see a whole lot of headbutts. I didn't notice any holding until round 8. That was Dawson doing the holding AND not letting go of Pascal's glove when the ref was breaking them up. The Pascal started holding in the 10th but Dawson was co-operating with the holding. He didn't even try to f!ght out.

Lastly, HBO was really classy in paying tribute to Showtime's Jay Larkin AND mentioning Showtime's tourney. Pascal gave a good postf!ght interview as well. Confident and respectful. I didn't get to see Dawson's postf!ght interview though... vid cuts off.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
1 day ago