Phat ass white girl for real
33 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
105 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Winner
CD by KO 0 0%
CD by D 5 100.00%
draw 0 0%
JP by KO 0 0%
JP by D 0 0%
Voters: 5. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #1
9195 pageviews
214 comments

STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
Chad Dawson vs Jean Pascal [8-14-10][HBO]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Montreal

Chad Dawson (29-0-0, 17 KOs) vs. Jean Pascal (22-1-0, 15 KOs)

12 Rounds - Light Heavyweight Division

Vote:

[pic - click to view]

http://slumz.boxden.com/f .. /#post16036819

Last edited by STILL.DETOX; 08-11-2010 at 03:45 PM..

214 comments for "Chad Dawson vs Jean Pascal [8-14-10][HBO]"

8 years ago '06        #2
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704 OP
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Chad Dawson and Jean Pascal have agreed to f!ght Aug. 14 in Montreal on HBO, said Gary Shaw, Dawson's promoter.

The f!ght, for Pascal's light heavyweight belt, was expected to take place June 19 but Pascal reportedly needs more time to recover from a shoulder injury he suffered in his last f!ght against Adrian Diaconu.

Dawson, No. 8 in THE RING magazine's pound-for-pound ratings and No. 1 at 175 poundsis coming of an impressive one-sided decision over veteran Glen Johnson in November for an interim title.

The two-time 175-pound titleholder from New Haven, Conn., might be facing his biggest test. Pascal, a Haitian-born Canadian, is at his peak and f!ghting in his home country.

Pascal(25-1, 16 knockouts) has won four straight since he lost a decision to Carl Froch in 2008. THE RING's No. 4 light heavyweight outpointed Diaconu last June to win his belt, stopped Silvio Branco and then outpointed Diaconu again with a dislocated shoulder.

Shaw thinks Pascal will bring out the best in Dawson (29-0, 17 KOs).

"It's a spectacular f!ght," he said. "And a tough f!ght. We're really going into enemy territory. There'll be, what, 16,000, 17,000 Canadians there rooting against us. I think Pascal will make Chad f!ght, like Glen Johnson did."

03-04-2010, 08:47 PM         #3
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bad chad dawson for the win
 7 years ago '06        #4
space
space
Dawson vs Pascal Approved For Calzaghe's Ring Title

The Ring magazine is pleased to announce that it will recognize the August 14, 2010, bout between Chad Dawson and Jean Pascal in Montreal, Canada, as being for the vacant Ring magazine light heavyweight championship of the world.

The Ring 175-pound championship has been vacant since Joe Calzaghe retired in February 2009.

Dawson is currently The Ring’s number-one rated light heavyweight, while Pascal is rated number three.

“Normally, filling a Ring championship vacancy requires a match between the number-one and number-two contenders,” said Nigel Collins, The Ring Editor-in-Chief. “But under certain circumstances, we will recognize the winner of a bout between the number-one and number-three contenders, and the Dawson-Pascal match is such a circumstance.

“Number-two contender Glen Johnson has already lost twice to Dawson, so it makes perfect sense to award The Ring light heavyweight championship to the Dawson-Pascal winner.”

The prestigious Ring magazine championship dates back to 1922 when the very first Ring belt was presented to then-heavyweight champion Jack Dempsey. The Ring’s current championship policy was launched in the April 2002 issue.
 7 years ago '06        #6
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,531 | Props total: 6777 6777
both been inactive for more then 7 months
this will be one sloppy a.ss f!ght .. Chad gone take it tho
 7 years ago '06        #7
space
space
By Ryan Burton

Ring Magazine #1 rated light heavyweight Chad Dawson and his trainer Eddie Mustafa were in Las Vegas this weekend. Dawson is training very hard for his upcoming f!ght with WBC light heavyweight champion Jean Pascal, scheduled for August 14 on HBO. When asked who he would like to f!ght after Pascal (assuming that he beats Pascal), Dawson said, "I am through chasing Bernard (Hopkins). I don't think that f!ght will every happen. I would like to f!ght Calzaghe too if he comes out of retirement."

When asked about which currently active f!ghters he would like to f!ght the Connecticut native said, "I would f!ght (Tavoris) Cloud if he gets past Johnson next week. Andre Ward has been looking good and I can make 168. I would be interested in that. A f!ght that really intrigues me is a f!ght with Lucian Bute. I would f!ght him Montreal."

Dawson's August f!ght with Pascal takes place in Montreal and Bad Chad isn't worried about Montreal's reputation for helping hometown f!ghters with questionable tactics. "I saw what happened in Bute's f!ght with Andrade but I am not worried about the ref or the judging. I am going to beat him so convincingly they aren't going to be able to give it to him." Montreal is one of the best f!ght towns in the world. Wins over Pascal and Bute could lead Montreal into being Dawson's adopted hometown as well.

7 years ago '06        #8
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
I like Chad Dawson. He don't back down from no f!ghts or make any excuses.
 7 years ago '07        #9
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,092 | Props total: 30428 30428
LOL at Montreal having a 'reputation' for helping hometown f!ghters using 'questionable' tactics. That sh*t happened all of ONE time... with one particular ref.
 08-02-2010, 03:23 PM         #10
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i hope he dont go down to 168...he'll be he'll be weight drained..
 7 years ago '07        #12
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
WBC's Pascal inks million dollar deal

By VINCENT MORIN, QMI Agency

WBC world light-heavyweight champion Jean Pascal has many reasons to smile these days after signing a new, multi-million dollar contract with promoter Groupe Yvon Michel.

Not only is Pascal guaranteed $1,050,000 to defend his title against American Chad Dawson, a win in that f!ght would also guarantee him a $1.5 million payday in his next bout.

As the Haiti-born boxer's contract was set to expire on May 1, Pascal's new contract with GYM was finalized prior to the June 17 press conference announcing the Pascal-Dawson f!ght. The contract is the most lucrative ever given out to a boxer in Quebec.

Though three American promoters had their eyes on Pascal, who now calls Laval home, the f!ghter wanted to remain in Quebec. Also, he has been f!ghting under the GYM auspices since he kicked off his pro career in 2005.

After some frank discussions with his representatives, Pascal decided not to move on despite receiving richer offers. One American was even willing to match any offer made to Pascal.

The deal, which is based on the number of f!ghts Pascal takes part in, can be extended if both sides agree to do so.

The 27-year-old Pascal (25-1 with 16 KOs) will f!ght in his first bout under the new contract Aug. 14 at the Bell Centre in Montreal when he defends his title against Dawson (29-0, 17 KOs).

Pascal will also become the first Canadian boxer to receive more than $1 million for a f!ght in the country.

"I am a bit uncomfortable talking about that, but it's the reward based on the risk," Pascal said. "Dawson is ranked sixth in the world, all categories included. The HBO venue also explains the (prize) amount."

The f!ght will mark Pascal's first appearance on HBO. It will also be the first time HBO's World Championship Boxing series will be broadcast live from Quebec.
 7 years ago '06        #13
space
space
too bad hell be irrelevant after this f!ght (if he wasnt already)
 7 years ago '07        #14
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Fishscale said:
too bad hell be irrelevant after this f!ght (if he wasnt already)
Are you nuts? He will look great in this f!ght (provided his shoulder is fully healed). At worst, at the absolute worst, he'll be the Juan Diaz of the 168-175 division. Getting all the good f!ghts but losing... which I don't think will be the case at all. Which brings me to what I think will happen.

He'll be the Timothy Bradley of the 168-175 classes. People will question his abilities but, he'll go out there and always perform well and win the majority of the time. Between the 2 weight classes (once the tourney frees up), Pascal will be in heavy demand. Bute, Dawson, Green, Dirrell, Froch, Kessler, Green, Pavlik (possibly), Abe.... Pascal will be getting tons of offers to f!ght in Europe once the tourney is done and to take lesser guys on in Montreal.

As long as he's healthy, Pascal will have a long, successful, financially fulfilling career.
 7 years ago '06        #15
space
space
 stogz said:
Are you nuts? He will look great in this f!ght (provided his shoulder is fully healed). At worst, at the absolute worst, he'll be the Juan Diaz of the 168-175 division. Getting all the good f!ghts but losing... which I don't think will be the case at all. Which brings me to what I think will happen.

He'll be the Timothy Bradley of the 168-175 classes. People will question his abilities but, he'll go out there and always perform well and win the majority of the time. Between the 2 weight classes (once the tourney frees up), Pascal will be in heavy demand. Bute, Dawson, Green, Dirrell, Froch, Kessler, Green, Pavlik (possibly), Abe.... Pascal will be getting tons of offers to f!ght in Europe once the tourney is done and to take lesser guys on in Montreal.

As long as he's healthy, Pascal will have a long, successful, financially fulfilling career.
how? hes known for losing to froch...i dont see him sticking around for more than 5 f!ghts. and comparing him to bradley is way off, bradley=#1 undeafeated. and being the juan diaz of a division is actually terrible
 7 years ago '07        #16
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Fishscale said:
how? hes known for losing to froch...i dont see him sticking around for more than 5 f!ghts. and comparing him to bradley is way off, bradley=#1 undeafeated. and being the juan diaz of a division is actually terrible

I said I didn't think he'd be the juan diaz but, worst case scenario, he ends up like that. That's terrible, huh? Campbell, Marquez, Malianaggi, Malianaggi, Marquez... all on HBO, and he STILL has options to f!ght some more. So yea, I doubt that is terrible. I'm sure Juan isn't upset with all the opportunities he's had.

Compared to Bradley is waaay off, huh?

Bradley went over to the U.K. and beat Witter. The scores in that Pascal/Froch f!ght were bullsh*t. That sh*t was sketchy as h*ll. Cherry, Holt, Abregu, Peterson, and, was there someone else? Well, whatever, Holt and Peterson are/were good but Diaconu was better at his weight class then Holt and Peterson were at theirs. If I'm not mistaken.... it was Diaconu that Dawson flat out refused to f!ght, right? Pascal beat him twice, that was a big deal. Especially since it was for a title at 175! Now he is gonna get the top guy in the division, and get at least a $1 million payday.

Won a title at 175, defended it, now gets a millie for a payday, and his next match is a unification against the division's top guy. That's not irrelevant. Did I mention he sells out his building?

I will say Alexander is a beast and if Bradley accepts the f!ght against him, that's a big deal. Bradley should've accepted the f!ght already though... cuz Alexander is so f**king close to just sh*tting on all his competition and vaulting into top 5 P4P. So close! A little tweek on his defense... and it's a wrap.
 7 years ago '06        #17
space
space
im sorry. ur right
 7 years ago '07        #18
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Fishscale said:
im sorry. ur right

um... sarcasm?
 7 years ago '06        #19
space
space
lol nah, im actually convinced
 7 years ago '04        #20
Adwerdz 320 heat pts320
space
space
$32,779 | Props total: 23482 23482
i f**ks with chad dawson, but he needs to step his ring presence up.. his f!ghts are boring. and he slacks off in the latter rounds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
136 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
20 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
141 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy