Amir Khan vs Paulie Malignaggi[5-15-10][HBO]

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
17 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
94 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
72 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
267 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Winner
AK by Ko 14 45.16%
AK by Dec 6 19.35%
Draw 0 0%
PM by KO 2 6.45%
PM by Dec 9 29.03%
Voters: 31. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 05-13-2010, 03:42 AM         #61
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stogz said:
Paulie is not 'slick', that is a myth. You watch all his career f!ghts, back-to-back... you won't find three f!ghts in a row where he shows that 'slicker boxer' skill. Dude is sloppy. Very sloppy. He often trips over his own feet and his opponent's feet.

He has 2 nice performances in a row... he's due for a bad one now.

yeah i'm not sold on paulie...beating on diaz wasn't impressive to me,because juan was damaged goods to me after that campbell f!ght....he lost that fire i had seen all of his previous f!ghts...i'm not really impressed with amir kahn either though...especially with him ducking marcos maidana who i think would body him....

i think this f!ght really all depends on how paulie comes into it....if he comes in playing around he's done for...if he comes in focused he has a shot..
 8 years ago '07        #62
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,097 | Props total: 30489 30489
 HotepSuns said:
yeah i'm not sold on paulie...beating on diaz wasn't impressive to me,because juan was damaged goods to me after that campbell f!ght....he lost that fire i had seen all of his previous f!ghts...i'm not really impressed with amir kahn either though...especially with him ducking marcos maidana who i think would body him....

i think this f!ght really all depends on how paulie comes into it....if he comes in playing around he's done for...if he comes in focused he has a shot..
Nah man, Paulie has no shot whatsoever. He either f!ghts as well as he possibly can, and loses a unanimous decision. Or, he f!ghts at less than his best, and loses by TKO. Those are the only 2 options.
 8 years ago '06        #63
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704 OP
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
Devon Alexander Breaks Down Khan vs. Malignaggi

By Lem Satterfield

On Saturday night, when an HBO-televised, junior welterweight double-header takes place at New York's Madison Square Garden, Devon Alexander will be an intense observer at the home of his trainer and manager, Kevin Cunningham.

That's when WBA junior welterweight king, Amir Khan, of England, will make his American debut opposite Brooklyn's 29-year-old Paulie Malignaggi (27-3, five knockouts), and, 23-year-old "Vicious" Victor Ortiz (26-2-1, 21 KOs) takes on 37-year-old former world champ, Nate Campbell (33-5-1, 25 KOs) on the undercard.

"You already know that's what I'm going to be doing," said Alexander to BoxingScene.com. "I'm waiting to see what these guys are all about, and whether or not they're going to step it up."

As the WBC and IBF junior welterweight champion -- the lone unifited titlist in what is perhaps the deepest division in boxing -- Alexander (20-0, 13 knockouts) will be taking in the action with an eye toward perhaps facing one of the four competitors down the road.

"I will f!ght any of those guys," said Alexander. "And would f!ght them next month, because I'm always in shape."

Of the four, Alexander's preference would be to meet Khan (22-1, 16 KOs), a former Olympic silver medalist, in a clash of 23-year-olds.

If not Khan, Alexander would like to match his skills with another champion who is not involved in this weekend's activities, and that's 26-year-old, WBO champion, Tim Bradley (25-0, 11 KOs).

Bradley's secheduled July 17 bout with 26-year-old WBA interim king, Marcos Rene Maidana (28-1, 27 KOs) was canceled due to a back injury suffered by Maidana.

Alexander's camp is looking for an opponent for Aug. 7 in his hometown of St. Louis, Mo.

"It's not up to me, it's not up to my coach, it's not up to my promoter," said Alexander, a southpaw who is coming off of a March, eighth-round knockout of then-IBF titlist, Juan Urango (22-3-1, 17 KOs), who was stopped for the first time in his career.

"But it's up to the people that want to show what they're about and who want to get in there with a real, true champion who has skills," said Alexander. "I think that I would like to get into the ring with one of the other champions [Bradley or Khan,] eventually, come the winter time, or, the beginning of next year."

Meanwhile, Alexander will a.ssess the skills of this weekend's four f!ghters in contests he said boil down to battles of youth and vigor against age and experience.

"I think Malignaggi is going to put up a good f!ght, but I think that Amir Khan will win," said Alexander. "As far as Nate Campbell and Victor Ortiz, I don't really know. It depends on which Nate Campbell shows up. That one could be a good f!ght."

Alexander gives each of the older men a shot, starting with Malignaggi.

"Malignaggi's not a pushover or anything like that. If Amir Khan can't deal with the slickness of a Malignaggi, then Paulie Malignaggi's got a good chance," said Alexander. "Malignaggi does know what he's doing in there, and, Amir Khan is still a little green. But in the end, I think that Khan will be able to catch up to him, eventually."

Ortiz-Campbell is a little more difficult to pick, said Alexander.

"Ortiz's last couple of f!ghts, they've been kind of iffy. He's been trying to find himself and not trying to rush himself. I think that he's trying to progress and learn more as a f!ghter," said Alexander.

"Nate Campbell was scared of Timothy Bradley when they fought. He acted like he didn't want to get hit," said Alexander. "Nate might be able to catch him with a punch, but I think that Victor Ortiz can out-box him and get him too. Nate's getting older, and he's going to have to show the fans that he's still got it."

As for an opponent in August, Alexander said, "We still don't know."

"We're still in the gym, still working hard. We're waiting on this weekend, seeing what's going to happen, seeing what these guys have got, what they talk up, and waiting to see if they can back it up," said Alexander.

"But we're going to be analyzing everything," said Alexander. "And when the time comes, we're going to be circling up the wagons and taking no prisoners."

Lem Satterfield is the boxing editor for AOL FanHouse and the news editor for BoxingScene.com

Last edited by STILL.DETOX; 05-13-2010 at 01:59 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #64
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
If Bradley wants a f!ght as bad as i think he does, he can always go to 147 and f!ght Paul Williams.
 05-13-2010, 02:59 PM         #65
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yall under estimating paulie. hes a very skilled f!ghter and smart, plus amir dont got the power to knock him out. cotto couldnt even knock him out

i think hell outbox kahn then get cheated by the judges...
 8 years ago '07        #66
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 DrX said:
yall under estimating paulie. hes a very skilled f!ghter and smart, plus amir dont got the power to knock him out. cotto couldnt even knock him out

Well, then you gonna have to school me. Cause I've followed Paulie his whole career. He looked god against Diaz both times, he looked good against Lovermore the first f!ght, and Edner Cherry... that's it as far as recently.

He looked terrible and/or sloppy against Hatton, Cotto, Lovemore in the rematch, Ngoudjo.

So, recently he looked good against 4 f!ghters, and bad against 4 f!ghters.... that breaks down to roughly every other f!ght as far as I'm concerned. Before these f!ghts... dude was having the exact same uneven performances against nobodies... AND breaking his hand every other f!ght. That's why they had to push that Cotto f!ght on him so early, dude's career was about to be over due to chronic hand problems before he even got to make significant money.
 8 years ago '04        #67
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,347 | Props total: 2784 2784
 DrX said:

Im sorry but Paulie couldn't even outbox ricky hatton and hasnt beat anybody at 140 at all that is worth noting.

Don't forget Hatton completely destroyed paulie and won every round.

Khan is more skilled and faster than paulie. Khan biggest weakness is his china chin which wouldn't matter i hope since khan fist are pillow soft. But the thing is that Khan has the power to hurt paulie and has the footwork and speed to cut the ring off against him.
 8 years ago '06        #68
space
space
 8 years ago '06        #69
space
space
Khan, Malignaggi Make Weight, Cause A Riot

By Jake Donovan

The f!ght isn’t until Saturday evening, but junior welterweights Amir Khan and Paulie Malignaggi wasted no time throwing down well before their showdown at the WaMu Theatre in New York City.

Both f!ghters made weight for tomorrow’s main event, only for emotions to take over, as the scene erupted into a mini-riot, forcing security and the event’s handlers to clear out the room.

Malignaggi checked in at 139 lb, while Khan – making his stateside debut – was slightly heavier at 139˝ lb for their HBO-televised main event (Saturday, 9:45PM ET/PT).

Immediately following the weigh-in was the obligatory staredown, which usually serves as little more than a photo-op and occasional jawing between the two f!ghters.

This instance went well beyond that. The two f!ghters were in each other’s grill going back and forth at one another. Enough words were exchanged for Khan to lose his composure and shove Malignaggi, with things escalating way out of control soon thereafter.

A mini-riot ensued. Not helping matters is the number of people on hand specifically for the f!ghters, particularly on the Khan side, which was estimated to be rolling at 100-deep.

The room had to be cleared out, with order finally being restored after a few minutes.

At stake for the actual f!ght tomorrow evening is Khan’s alphabet title, though in defending the trinket he concedes home court advantage to Malignaggi, who f!ghts mere miles from his Brooklyn backyard.

Khan (22-1, 16KO) last fought in December, against yet another Brooklyn-based f!ghter when he stopped Dmitry Salita in less than a round. The bout marked the lone defense of the title Khan won five months prior with a convincing decision over Andriy Kotelnik.

Malignaggi (27-3, 5KO) is coming off of a career-best win after having soundly defeated Juan Diaz in their rematch last December. Saturday’s f!ght will mark the third time he plays the Garden, though the two previous two f!ghts took place in the main room.

Full video soon to follow from Boxingscene.com Editor-In-Chief Rick Reeno.

Jake Donovan is the Managing Editor of Boxingscene.com and an award-winning member of the Boxing Writers a.ssociation of America. Contact Jake at .

8 years ago '06        #71
StudiosConnect' 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,627 | Props total: 0 0
man I cant wait to see the video I read 2 articles sounds like khan fans sort of set up the big brawl

hope paulie aint get banged up... bulls**t cause I was reading it was closed to the public... this is nasty... even more fuel to the fre can't wait!
 8 years ago '06        #72
space
space
 8 years ago '06        #74
StudiosConnect' 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,627 | Props total: 0 0

more angles
 8 years ago '04        #75
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,379 | Props total: 463 463
 stogz said:
Well, you think Mayweather is getting stronger? In what sense? In a literal sense, he scores less KOs now. Figuratively speaking, he throws less combos, and is kinda flat footed now.

RJJ looked good (to ppl who don't study him in-depth), against a guy who simply walks in without throwing punches, and was overrated from the start of his career, and was 'shot'.

In his later years, Mosley looks good against guys who don't move around the ring well (Vargas x2, Margarito).

Sure Michael Jordan looked great against the Utah Jazz in 1997 & 1998. However, did Michael Jordan in 1998 look as good as Michael Jordan in 1993 against the Phoenix Suns?

Like I said before. If you really wanna measure a guy... you can't measure him against the opponent he's f!ghting now, you have to measure him against himself a few years ago.
floyd not scoring KO's and not throwing combo's has nothing to do with his age, he has bad hands, this is well documented

not to mention that dude damn near refuses to leave an opening for u, one good shot a f!ght from most f!ghters is as good as its gonna get

all athletes get old, RJJ and money is a good comparison ...RJJ lost his reflexes, and never had champion caliber fundamentals.....something money will never have to worry about

dude walks around @ 147 on the daily, but since he came back he does seem a lil stronger, and bigger, and the speed is still there, i don't see floyd getting washed up NO TIME SOON
 8 years ago '05        #76
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,085 | Props total: 6984 6984
Paulie by KO
 05-15-2010, 01:25 PM         #77
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VictoryThagr8 said:
Im sorry but Paulie couldn't even outbox ricky hatton and hasnt beat anybody at 140 at all that is worth noting.

Don't forget Hatton completely destroyed paulie and won every round.

Khan is more skilled and faster than paulie. Khan biggest weakness is his china chin which wouldn't matter i hope since khan fist are pillow soft. But the thing is that Khan has the power to hurt paulie and has the footwork and speed to cut the ring off against him.
that was when he was with mcgirt...hes been doing better with his new trainer
 8 years ago '06        #78
space
space
Khan, Roach Promise To Punish Malignaggi For Weigh-In

By Mark Vester

After Friday's mini-riot at the official weigh-in, both WBA junior welterweight champion Amir Khan and his trainer Freddie Roach have promised to punish Paulie Malignaggi at New York's Madison Square Garden. When the two f!ghters made weight on Friday and went face to face to talk some trash, it didn't take long for Khan to shove Malignaggi, which caused both camps to rush in and a wild scene took place. Order was restored after a few minutes. Following the chaos, both sides are claiming punches and kicks were thrown during the melee.

Roach is now pumped up more than ever and appears confident Amir Khan is going to make it an early night.

"Amir is knocking him out. Three rounds. It won't go longer than that. Amir will find him and we'll get to him in three. Paulie is a good f!ghter, but Amir is faster, he's stronger and a better f!ghter," Roach said.

Khan plans to make this a retirement party for Malignaggi. He wants to put a real hurt on Malignaggi over what happened at the weigh-in.

"This is his last chance. I'm going to punish him. He's got a real big mouth, but I've knocked out a lot of f!ghters with big mouths. He won't f!ght again after this," Khan said.

---------------------

Malignaggi: I'm Going To Beat Khan's a.ss From Round 1

By Mark Vester

Paulie Malignaggi has vowed to dish out a serious beating when he challenges Amir Khan on Saturday night for the WBA junior welterweight title at New York's Madison Square Garden. The two f!ghters nearly traded punches when a mini-riot broke out during Friday's weigh-in.

After they made weight, Khan shoved Malignaggi as they traded verbal jabs. The shove led to both camps charging the stage and multiple people shoving and trying to throw blows. Malignaggi told BoxingScene.com he tried to kick Khan a few times as bodies were being shoved all over the place.

Malignaggi is very angry over what happened and wants to punish the champion from the first round. He thinks Khan is so nervous right now that he probably won't sleep the entire night.

"The time is coming for him. It's over for him. You can see it in his face. He's so nervous, he's so clammed up. He didn't know what to do. He had to shove me. He's not getting any sleep tonight...I promise you. I'm going to beat his a.ss from round one. Just sit back and enjoy the show because I'm going to kick his a.ss all over the place. He will catch a beating that he's never going to forget as long as he's alive," Malignaggi said.

8 years ago '05        #79
Sizzler01 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,067 | Props total: 1046 1046
Lou DiBella was about to have a heart attack:lachen001:
 8 years ago '05        #80
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,736 | Props total: 12561 12561
I just don't like Amir Khan for some reason, not sure why but I think the kid is vastly overrated. If he wins in impressive fashion of Malignaggi, I might start to take notice.. Until then I'm extremely suspect over this kid.

Feels like his team is manufacturing a Championship and was given alot before he proved anything.. Plus him getting KO'd didn't help.

I kinda want Paulie to win, he seems to always get screwed, but smart money is on Khan..
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
111 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
110 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
107 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
30 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
73 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
115 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy