Amir Khan vs Paulie Malignaggi[5-15-10][HBO]

most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
35 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
102 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
110 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Winner
AK by Ko 14 45.16%
AK by Dec 6 19.35%
Draw 0 0%
PM by KO 2 6.45%
PM by Dec 9 29.03%
Voters: 31. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #21
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704 OP
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
 stogz said:
Well, I haven't figured out who yet, lol. I just look at how PBF f!ghts now vs. 6-7 years ago. Then I look at history and guys with speed and great reflexes in their early 30s. On top of that, I believe Mayweather retired for a reason.

I can come up with a way for Mosley to beat PBF, whether he's able to do it or not... I dunno. Richardson/Mosley is a great team though.

I could probably conceive of a way Pacman beats Mayweather, but... that f!ght is not here and i haven't analyzed it.

...but a young, strong, fast dude (Aleaxander/Bradley)... with an extra year of experience and Mayweather at 34, equals trouble for money. Bradley & Alexander are now on HBO, all these guys at 140 are gonna f!ght each other on HBO and Khan will lose to either Bradley or Alexander. After one of those 2 clean up 140, who do you look for next? Mayweather. So, If Mayweather is still undefeated by then... i think Alexander or Bradley will be on that level. I'd bet against Mayweather by then. Especially if Alexander is the dude.
hmm yea we'll see. i do see a bright future for the 140 champs, but mayweather is a different animal. however like u said, his age is up there so we'll see

Last edited by STILL.DETOX; 03-12-2010 at 11:26 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #22
space
space

[video - click to view]

Khan Vows To Punish Malignaggi For Steroid Comments

By Mark Vester

WBA junior welterweight champion Amir Khan has vowed to punish Paulie Malignaggi for his comments on the Boxing Truth Audio show. As previously reported weeks ago on BoxingScene.com, Malignaggi, who suspects Manny Pacquiao of using performance enhancing drugs, had similiar thoughts about Khan because he uses the same training team as the Filipino champion.

"Khan is in the same stable [as Pacquaio] ... I'm not saying he's dirty and he's probably not. It's just, it's going to cross my mind for the simple reason that he's got the same team around him," Malignaggi said.

Khan does not want an apology. He wants to make Malignaggi pay inside the ring with punishment. They f!ght on May 15 at the WaMu Theater in New York. Khan is upset over the claims being made on f!ghters who train with Freddie Roach and conditioning guru Alex Ariza.

"I train with Manny and whatever he does I do," said Khan. "I keep up with him and everything he does, I do as much or more. Does that mean I'm on drugs? To talk about drugs is rubbish. The guy just wants to build publicity for himself."

"You've got Freddie Roach and Alex Ariza, who spend so much time working on the f!ghters and then you've got people turning round saying we are on drugs. Any time they want to do a drugs test on me I'll put my hand up to prove to them [I am not on drugs]. I've never taken anything. I'm a natural athlete – like Manny Pacquiao.

"I don't want him to say sorry to me because I'll make him feel sorry when I'm in the ring with him on 15 May. He's trying to get under my skin, that's the way a lot of these American f!ghters are. But it takes a lot to get under my skin. If he wants to trash talk, he can trash talk, there is only going to be me and him in the ring."

Last edited by STILL.DETOX; 03-13-2010 at 01:02 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #23
GunMedalGleam 
space
space
$398 | Props total: 100 100
 stogz said:
Well, I haven't figured out who yet, lol. I just look at how PBF f!ghts now vs. 6-7 years ago. Then I look at history and guys with speed and great reflexes in their early 30s. On top of that, I believe Mayweather retired for a reason.

I can come up with a way for Mosley to beat PBF, whether he's able to do it or not... I dunno. Richardson/Mosley is a great team though.

I could probably conceive of a way Pacman beats Mayweather, but... that f!ght is not here and i haven't analyzed it.

...but a young, strong, fast dude (Aleaxander/Bradley)... with an extra year of experience and Mayweather at 34, equals trouble for money. Bradley & Alexander are now on HBO, all these guys at 140 are gonna f!ght each other on HBO and Khan will lose to either Bradley or Alexander. After one of those 2 clean up 140, who do you look for next? Mayweather. So, If Mayweather is still undefeated by then... i think Alexander or Bradley will be on that level. I'd bet against Mayweather by then. Especially if Alexander is the dude.
To Me Mayweather seem to be getting stronger with age, just like Manny is. I Dont thing Age is a huge huge factor if they never slack up on there training. Look at Roy Jones in the Jeff Lacy f!ght. look At Mosley.
 8 years ago '07        #24
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,058 | Props total: 30355 30355
 GunMedalGleam said:
To Me Mayweather seem to be getting stronger with age, just like Manny is. I Dont thing Age is a huge huge factor if they never slack up on there training. Look at Roy Jones in the Jeff Lacy f!ght. look At Mosley.
Well, you think Mayweather is getting stronger? In what sense? In a literal sense, he scores less KOs now. Figuratively speaking, he throws less combos, and is kinda flat footed now.

RJJ looked good (to ppl who don't study him in-depth), against a guy who simply walks in without throwing punches, and was overrated from the start of his career, and was 'shot'.

In his later years, Mosley looks good against guys who don't move around the ring well (Vargas x2, Margarito).

Sure Michael Jordan looked great against the Utah Jazz in 1997 & 1998. However, did Michael Jordan in 1998 look as good as Michael Jordan in 1993 against the Phoenix Suns?

Like I said before. If you really wanna measure a guy... you can't measure him against the opponent he's f!ghting now, you have to measure him against himself a few years ago.

Last edited by stogz; 03-13-2010 at 02:01 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #25
space
space
 stogz said:
Well, you think Mayweather is getting stronger? In what sense? In a literal sense, he scores less KOs now. Figuratively speaking, he throws less combos, and is kinda flat footed now.

RJJ looked good (to ppl who don't study him in-depth), against a guy who simply walks in without throwing punches, and was overrated from the start of his career, and was 'shot'.

In his later years, Mosley looks good against guys who don't move around the ring well (Vargas x2, Margarito).

Sure Michael Jordan looked great against the Utah Jazz in 1997 & 1998. However, did Michael Jordan in 1998 look as good as Michael Jordan in 1993 against the Phoenix Suns?

Like I said before. If you really wanna measure a guy... you can't measure him against the opponent he's f!ghting now, you have to measure him against himself a few years ago.
couldnt have said it better. when people think about mayweather-mosley they think of how mosley demolished marg but forget how he had problems with a shot mayorga. its easy to look good against bad opposition
 8 years ago '06        #27
space
space

"im not a former featherweight, im not 45 years old, im not 1 dimensional"

Last edited by STILL.DETOX; 03-17-2010 at 12:32 AM..
 8 years ago '06        #28
space
space
Roach: 'Malignaggi Will Not Last 3 Rounds With Amir Khan'

By Mark Vester

Trainer Freddie Roach is predicting a dominating knockout win in Amir Khan's second defense of the WBA junior welterweight title. Roach's champion is making his American debut on May 15 at New York's Madison Square Garden against former champion Paulie Malignaggi. Roach doesn't think Malignaggi will able to deal with the power and pressure and sees him folding within three rounds.

"Training camp is going great, great sparring partners. We just brought in Vernon Paris from Detroit and Amir is doing quite against these guys who f!ght like Paulie. They are more offense then Paulie but Amir deals with it. But once Paulie feels that pressure, he's going to run. Paulie won't last three rounds with Amir," Roach told BoxingScene.com's Ernest Gabion.

"We are going to go out there aggressive. We are going to make a statement and put our stamp on America and we're going to go to his hometown to do it."

Some have called the f!ght a battle of power vs. skill. Roach doesn't think so. He says Khan blows Malignaggi away in every category, including boxing ability.

"Amir is way more skilled. We beat this guy all around in every area. We are more skilled, have more power, faster. Paulie's mouth got him this f!ght and that's it, period. He can talk better than us," Roach said.

"I know he's a tough guy but that can only take you so far. The game-plan I have set for Amir, [Malignaggi] won't last long. Three [rounds] at most."

Send News Tips and Comments To Mark Vester @
 04-28-2010, 10:00 PM         #29
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stogz said:

i see where ur coming from but age is a number with athletes...work ethnic, rest, proper eatting habbits, working out, time off, the amount of wear and tear the body

are factors that can make 34 years become 27 years old. T,O is 36 but still play like a 30 year old...same for ricky williams. i think that time off also can give him "fresh legs" floyd take great care of himself. i see him f!ghting for many years on a high level. but fmw will probably get 2-3 more mega paydays and quit. kahn seem to young for may to be intrested in..

but kahn = $$$$$$ and may like his $$$$ lol so who know..plus kahn would be a easy K.O for floyd

Last edited by DrX; 04-28-2010 at 10:01 PM..
 04-28-2010, 10:02 PM         #30
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
...i think paulie will get a upset..people sleep on his skills.
 8 years ago '06        #31
GunMedalGleam 
space
space
$398 | Props total: 100 100
 stogz said:

Its normal to score less KO Late in your career. Your facing more relevant opponents at that point. But i believe Mayweather has greater ones punch KO power then he did back then. That is why hes is able to through one punch at a time and that be enough to keep his opponent honest. Mayweather is no flat footed. I think hes learned over the years to not was energy with unnecessary movements. Is Mayweather easier to hit now then hes was back then? no he is not. His defense is more suttle. Kinda like Hopkins and Toney.

As far as Mosley goes, i think hes getting better as well. Im no looking at what he did to Margarito as a basis. Although i was very suprise and i lost money with a smile on my face. I looking more like the way hes beat Luis Collazo. Yeah i agree mosley has trouble with a shot Mayorga, but come on does that f!ght really count. Mosley obviously wasn't in f!ghting shape. And what the hell did they f!ght at 160?
 8 years ago '07        #32
Welsh! 
space
space
$5,541 | Props total: 39 39
So I guess we will never see an overrated Khan f!ght a boxer who is above average (not asking much is it)
 8 years ago '06        #33
space
space
 Welsh! said:
So I guess we will never see an overrated Khan f!ght a boxer who is above average (not asking much is it)
do u respect any british boxers?
 8 years ago '07        #34
Welsh! 
space
space
Calzaghe ( :agreement6: ) is the greatest boxer of all time

No seriously, what you get over here in the papers is constant arse licking of the English f!ghters (even the average ones) whereas the Welsh/Scots/Irish need to be massive boxers in order to get any praise whatsoever.

Khan/Haye/Froch/Hatton.

Although Hatton & Haye are or have been good f!ghters Khan and Froch (although Froch doesn't get as much press) are overrated, and because of this there ego's have grown so much that they become the annoying c*cky little s**ts that you see today.

Last edited by Welsh!; 04-29-2010 at 02:05 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #35
space
space
 Welsh! said:

No seriously, what you get over here in the papers is constant arse licking of the English f!ghters (even the average ones) whereas the Welsh/Scots/Irish need to be massive boxers in order to get any praise whatsoever.

Khan/Haye/Froch/Hatton.

Although Hatton & Haye are or have been good f!ghters Khan and Froch (although Froch doesn't get as much press) are overrated, and because of this there ego's have grown so much that they become the annoying c*cky little s**ts that you see today.
fair enough

lol i honestly think khan is the next big thing at 140-147. froch on the other hand is overrated but hey, he just beat the s**t out of kessler. although he did lose to dirrell. i agree he can be ridiculously c*cky and delusional but u gotta respect him as a f!ghter
 8 years ago '06        #36
space
space
Paulie Malignaggi Says: "This f!ght is For America!"

[pic - click to view]

By Mark Vester

Former junior welterweight champion Paulie Malignaggi has dedicated his upcoming f!ght with WBA champion Amir Khan to the United States. Khan makes his American debut on May 15 when he defends the title against Malignaggi in New York's Madison Square Garden.

"This f!ght is for American! Putting the U.S. back on the map, but still got love for all my UK fans," Malignaggi said.

Khan has some troubles of his own. Several outlets have reported that a Los Angeles model, Leanne Crow, is claiming the British f!ghter send her several dirty text messages and several photos where he exposed himself. Malignaggi is giving Khan an open hand of support in the matter. He says every guy has been there before.

"Khan, I heard about your s3x scandal...don't trip. We have all been guilty of sending dirty text messages bro. When you are at the top, everyone wants you to crumble. Keep it moving," Malignaggi said.

8 years ago '05        #37
cowlersleycowle 
space
space
space
$2,206 | Props total: 468 468
 Welsh! said:
I think we will see him against good f!ghters 1 day. Just not anytime soon because he is a cash cow for some reason. Hewill definatly not f!ght anybody that can punch hence the reason he f!ghts paulie.
 05-05-2010, 04:17 PM         #38
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Welsh! said:

Khan/Haye/Froch/Hatton.

i heard in the uk people hate kahn...is that true?
 8 years ago '07        #39
Welsh! 
space
space
Yeah, he's a c*cky prick.

I've met him in real life years back when my mate used to box (and beat Amir Khan 3 times out of 5 may I add ;)) and he was a very nice lad back then, but since the fame he comes across as an arrogant annoying f**ker.
 8 years ago '07        #40
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,058 | Props total: 30355 30355
 DrX said:
i heard in the uk people hate kahn...is that true?

UK is very racist... especially to people of middle eastern decent. They really don't shy away from using the slurs, in public, right to a brown person's face.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
62 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
27 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
285 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
52 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
80 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
127 comments
23 hours ago