Kevin Hart X-mad card
31 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
71 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
102 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
240 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Winner
AK by Ko 14 45.16%
AK by Dec 6 19.35%
Draw 0 0%
PM by KO 2 6.45%
PM by Dec 9 29.03%
Voters: 31. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #1
8334 pageviews
221 comments

STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
Amir Khan vs Paulie Malignaggi[5-15-10][HBO]

[pic - click to view]

Vote:

[pic - click to view]

http://slumz.boxden.com/f .. naggi-1352435/

Last edited by STILL.DETOX; 03-16-2010 at 11:03 PM..

221 comments for "Amir Khan vs Paulie Malignaggi[5-15-10][HBO]"

8 years ago '04        #2
RuggedSouljah 6 heat pts
space
space
$4,516 | Props total: 37 37
Interesting match-up, Khan should outpoint Malignaggi.
 8 years ago '04        #3
RuggedSouljah 6 heat pts
space
space
$4,516 | Props total: 37 37
Money an issue for Khan-Malignaggi

Rick Reeno of BoxingScene.com reports today that despite Amir Khan stating publicly that the f!ght was a done deal, the May 15 bout between the WBA junior welterweight titlist and Paulie Malignaggi has hit a big snag with HBO.

The problem is money, as you'd probably guess any time a f!ght starts going sour. HBO is simply not willing to pay enough to make Khan-Malignaggi and the co-feature (Nate Campbell-Victor Ortiz) feasible for everyone. Khan's guarantee is what's getting in the way. His deal with Golden Boy calls for a $1 million minimum in American TV money, which is exceptionally high, especially for someone whose American TV exposure is limited to a completely forgettable undercard bout on the Joe Calzaghe-Peter Manfredo show and that small PPV last year with Marco Antonio Barrera, two shows that generated zero buzz or hype in the States.

Any limited value that Khan has to the American public comes from the hardcore boxing fans, who aren't exactly the audience catered to all that often. Khan-Malignaggi is a good f!ght for both, but Malignaggi is the much bigger star in America, is being counted on to drive the gate, and will be counted on to make this a TV event, too.

Speaking of the gate, while this looked all but sure to be headed to Madison Square Garden (or at least the WaMu Theater at MSG), Reeno says "industry insiders" are now banking on this f!ght heading to Las Vegas, Atlantic City, or another location where the money from the host will be better. They almost have to try for AC if that's the case, since Khan-Malignaggi in Vegas would be a complete dud and I'm a.ssuming everyone involved knows it.

Golden Boy and Khan may be backing themselves into a corner and stunting Khan's ability to become an actual star if that minimum guarantee for TV money keeps getting in the way. If this f!ght gets made with that guarantee, it'll certainly be an issue again in the future. Khan might want to think of what's best long-term and defer that money, or waive the minimum this time, or do something. If he's going to go through with the move to the States and trying to become an international star, this is the sort of f!ght he needs.

8 years ago '06        #4
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704 OP
space
space
i met paulie malignaggi today at st. francis college , along with roy jones jr...got autograph and pics. my boy told paulie to take care of khan. and paulie said it wasnt signed yet. so we'll see. i know that was kinda random but yea
 8 years ago '06        #5
space
space
NEW YORK -- Amir Khan is ready to make a splash in the United States.

The exciting British silver medalist from the 2004 Olympics will defend his WBA 140-pound title against former champion Paulie Malignaggi on May 15 at Madison Square Garden, Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy Promotions told The a.ssociated Press.

Golden Boy president Oscar De La Hoya was headed to England on Tuesday for a news conference to introduce the f!ght, with another news conference planned for next week in New York.

"I think this is the perfect setup for Amir," Schaefer said. "When he signed with Golden Boy he wanted a big f!ght. Paulie Malignaggi is a big-name f!ghter."

Khan has been hoping to raise his profile by f!ghting in the United States, splitting with veteran British promoter Frank Warren and signing with Los Angeles-based Golden Boy. He also began working with Freddie Roach, who trains pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao.

Khan (22-1, 16 KOs) was considered one of the top professional prospects to come out of the Athens Olympics, winning his first 18 f!ghts in lopsided fashion. Then came a first-round knockout loss to Breidis Prescott that gave everybody in his camp reason to worry.

The popular 23-year-old from Lancashire regrouped, though, winning his next f!ght in the second round and then defeating rugged veteran Marco Antonio Barrera. Khan lifted his title from Andreas Kotelnik last fall, winning just about every second of every round, and knocked down previously unbeaten Dmitriy Salita three times in a first-round stoppage in December.

Each of those impressive wins came in relative obscurity.

"f!ghters like Naseem Hamed, Ricky Hatton -- if you want to capture the U.S. market, you really need to do it with statements," Schaefer said, referring to a pair of British champions who made their mark stateside. "So Amir Khan is coming to the United States to make his statement."

While he'll have the luxury of doing so in the biggest media market in the world, Khan will also have to deal with a potentially hostile crowd. Malignaggi is from Brooklyn and has fought numerous times in New York City, generating a massive following on the East Coast.

Malignaggi (27-5, 5 KOs) held the IBF version of the junior welterweight title until a loss to Hatton in November 2008, and has been trying to goad Khan into a f!ght by calling him "Amir Con."

"It was a long time coming," Malignaggi told the AP. "We were talking a lot of trash back and forth because, honestly, I don't think he's done enough."

The brash, often abrasive Malignaggi is coming off a dominating win over Juan Diaz in December. That victory avenged a controversial loss and immediately thrust Malignaggi back into the picture in a loaded division that includes the likes of unified champion Devon Alexander, unbeaten titleholder Timothy Bradley and several rising prospects.

"I haven't got the credit I deserved sometimes, and some of it's my fault," Malignaggi said. "I felt I underperformed on the big stages, but now I've got the right team around me."

Also entering the fold is Juan Manuel Marquez, the former three-division champ who intends to campaign at 140 pounds. Schaefer planned to meet with him Tuesday to discuss his next f!ght, which could come against Hatton if he ends his retirement as expected.

Might there be a tournament-style plan in the works, with the Malignaggi-Khan winner f!ghting a potential Marquez-Hatton winner?

"We need to see what Ricky Hatton is going to do in the coming weeks," Schaefer said. "There are reports one day he's going to retire, then other days he's going to f!ght. I think we need to see how this would shake out. Juan Manuel Marquez made it clear he'd like to f!ght Ricky Hatton. They were interested as well."
 8 years ago '05        #6
cowlersleycowle 
space
space
space
$2,206 | Props total: 468 468
This f!ght is tailor made to sell an over rated khan to the US public. All the pre match hype will be about how he is stepping into Paulies back yard. the truth is Khan will have no prolem against paulie at all. He is too quick and strong but the biggest thing is Paulie has NO POWER. Khan will get overhyped for the next couple of years and face f!ghters with very poor KO records or blown up f!ghters from 2-3 weights below, which he has done before and still got rocked. He will eventually face somebody who can actually punch and will be layed out for all to see.

People please dont buy into the hype khan is a chinless fraud

Last edited by cowlersleycowle; 03-10-2010 at 06:34 AM..
 8 years ago '07        #7
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,097 | Props total: 30478 30478
^^^ yup!

I am happy for Paulie tho. He got robbed in houston, then he wasn't allowed to have a Diaz rematch in NYC. At least now he gets a money f!ght, at home, on HBO. It's an opportunity and that is all he's ever wanted.

.... he is being set-up tho.
 8 years ago '06        #8
space
space
 stogz said:
^^^ yup!

I am happy for Paulie tho. He got robbed in houston, then he wasn't allowed to have a Diaz rematch in NYC. At least now he gets a money f!ght, at home, on HBO. It's an opportunity and that is all he's ever wanted.

.... he is being set-up tho.
what do u think about this one stogz? i think khan will murder paulie
 8 years ago '05        #9
cowlersleycowle 
space
space
space
$2,206 | Props total: 468 468
^^

Khan will murder Paulie without a doubt. The f!ght has only being made because paulie cant punch. It give Khan the chance to be on the front foot without being scared of getting caught. Ths will make him look good. If paulie could punch then Khan would have to adopt a totally different style. Khan has too many outisde influences, particually at ringside and a massive EGO to adopt a 'running' style, he always has to go for the KO which will eventually be his downfall as he just cant take a punch.
 8 years ago '07        #10
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Fishscale said:
what do u think about this one stogz? i think khan will murder paulie

I agree totally with what cowlersleycowle said. (sidenote: Cowlersleycowle, dude, why is ur name so damn long?)

This f!ght is being made solely for Khan to 1) KO Paulie, 2) To protect Khan from being KO'd. I'm sure GBP gave Khan a sick amount of money (upfront) to sign (bribe) with them. Wouldn't make sense to bring him over to the U.S. to get KO'd by Maidana, or Bradley, or Alexander.

Then you have that article that said HBO gave Maidana a date on TV that he wanted provided he does not pursue his rightful status as mandatory to Khan's title immediately. For that TV date, Maidana basically had to agree to waive his mandatory status for something like 9 to 12 months.

If Paulie f!ghts the best he possibly can, he'll simply get hit a good amount of the time but not get KO'd. However, Paulie is due for a bad performance. He's had 2 good performances in a row, which is odd. Usually he has one good f!ght, one garbage f!ght. So, I'm betting Paulie gets KO'd.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope they do some kind of extra media as a lead up to the f!ght. I don't think they do 24/7 for non-ppv f!ghts, do they? Paulie loves to talk and Khan is full of himself... that could be a very entertaining 24/7.
 8 years ago '06        #11
space
space
 stogz said:
I agree totally with what cowlersleycowle said. (sidenote: Cowlersleycowle, dude, why is ur name so damn long?)

This f!ght is being made solely for Khan to 1) KO Paulie, 2) To protect Khan from being KO'd. I'm sure GBP gave Khan a sick amount of money (upfront) to sign (bribe) with them. Wouldn't make sense to bring him over to the U.S. to get KO'd by Maidana, or Bradley, or Alexander.

Then you have that article that said HBO gave Maidana a date on TV that he wanted provided he does not pursue his rightful status as mandatory to Khan's title immediately. For that TV date, Maidana basically had to agree to waive his mandatory status for something like 9 to 12 months.

If Paulie f!ghts the best he possibly can, he'll simply get hit a good amount of the time but not get KO'd. However, Paulie is due for a bad performance. He's had 2 good performances in a row, which is odd. Usually he has one good f!ght, one garbage f!ght. So, I'm betting Paulie gets KO'd.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope they do some kind of extra media as a lead up to the f!ght. I don't think they do 24/7 for non-ppv f!ghts, do they? Paulie loves to talk and Khan is full of himself... that could be a very entertaining 24/7.
yea i got the same..and i doubt they will do a 24/7 on it, even tho they should
 8 years ago '07        #12
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Fishscale said:
i met paulie malignaggi today at st. francis college , along with roy jones jr...got autograph and pics. my boy told paulie to take care of khan. and paulie said it wasnt signed yet. so we'll see. i know that was kinda random but yea
I didn't see this post!!!

You musta loved that. I've seen but never met Paulie. Paulie seems like he'd be cool.
 8 years ago '06        #13
space
space
 stogz said:
I didn't see this post!!!

You musta loved that. I've seen but never met Paulie. Paulie seems like he'd be cool.
haha yea , it was funny lou dibella was there and no1 even recognized him, hes a big f**ker too lol.
 8 years ago '07        #14
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Fishscale said:
haha yea , it was funny lou dibella was there and no1 even recognized him, hes a big f**ker too lol.
Ohhh nooo....

Damn, i wanna meet Dibella and Paulie. I know what topics to get on to set them dudes off. I also would like to ask Lou about them 2 a**hole european promoters that keep setting him off in the Super 6 negotiations. LOL... them dudes are hilarious.
 8 years ago '05        #15
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,083 | Props total: 6981 6981
Genghis Khan gonna TKO Paulie with 20 seconds left in the f!ght....I f**ks with Paulie though....but s**t is what it is.
 8 years ago '06        #16
space
space
 stogz said:
Ohhh nooo....

Damn, i wanna meet Dibella and Paulie. I know what topics to get on to set them dudes off. I also would like to ask Lou about them 2 a**hole european promoters that keep setting him off in the Super 6 negotiations. LOL... them dudes are hilarious.
lmao me and my friend were joking about asking him about arthur abraham . i didnt approach dibella tho lol. my boy was mad excited about meeting jim lampley it was funny
 8 years ago '06        #17
space
space
Amir Khan: I Want To Be The First To Beat Mayweather

[pic - click to view]

By Mark Vester

WBA junior welterweight champion Amir Khan has some high hopes for his boxing career. Khan will make his American debut on May 15 against Paulie Malignaggi at New York's WaMu Theater in Madison Square Garden. Earlier this year Khan signed a promotional contract with Golden Boy Promotions. He expects Golden Boy to really boost his career in the next two years and put him in the ring with the big names.

“They have laid out a plan that over the next 18 months I will be f!ghting the likes of Manny Pacquiao or Mayweather — big, big names,” Khan said to The Times. “Not just yet, maybe 18 months. But that is what we are aiming for. If they are seeing me with those guys, they must see something in me. Time will tell if they are right.”

Khan has achieved a lot of his dreams. He won an Olympic medal. He won a world title. Now when he wakes up in the morning, he can only think of one goal - to become the first man to beat Floyd Mayweather Jr.

“Mayweather’s never been beaten. I want to be the first guy to beat him. That’s what I think of,” Khan said.

8 years ago '07        #18
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
I don't think wither of those guys will be around in 18 months. If Mayweather is still around, he'll have a loss by then. I am almost 100% sure about that. Pacman will be long done as a f!ghter by then.
 8 years ago '06        #19
space
space
 stogz said:
I don't think wither of those guys will be around in 18 months. If Mayweather is still around, he'll have a loss by then. I am almost 100% sure about that. Pacman will be long done as a f!ghter by then.
so u got pac and/or mosley to beat pbf?
 8 years ago '07        #20
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Fishscale said:
so u got pac and/or mosley to beat pbf?

Well, I haven't figured out who yet, lol. I just look at how PBF f!ghts now vs. 6-7 years ago. Then I look at history and guys with speed and great reflexes in their early 30s. On top of that, I believe Mayweather retired for a reason.

I can come up with a way for Mosley to beat PBF, whether he's able to do it or not... I dunno. Richardson/Mosley is a great team though.

I could probably conceive of a way Pacman beats Mayweather, but... that f!ght is not here and i haven't analyzed it.

...but a young, strong, fast dude (Aleaxander/Bradley)... with an extra year of experience and Mayweather at 34, equals trouble for money. Bradley & Alexander are now on HBO, all these guys at 140 are gonna f!ght each other on HBO and Khan will lose to either Bradley or Alexander. After one of those 2 clean up 140, who do you look for next? Mayweather. So, If Mayweather is still undefeated by then... i think Alexander or Bradley will be on that level. I'd bet against Mayweather by then. Especially if Alexander is the dude.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
60 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
joie chavis
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
61 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
196 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
10 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy