Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
108 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
29 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Winner
MC by KO 12 60.00%
MC by Dec 4 20.00%
Draw 0 0%
YF by KO 1 5.00%
YF by Dec 3 15.00%
Voters: 20. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #41
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704 OP
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
 8 years ago '06        #42
space
space
Felix Trinidad: Miguel Cotto Will Beat Yuri Foreman

By Mark Vester

Felix "Tito" Trinidad, during a photo shoot at the Wifredo Gomez boxing Gym in Puerto Rico, predicts that Miguel Cotto will become the next Puerto Rican f!ghter to become a three division champion by beating WBA belt-holder Yuri Foreman on June 5 at New York's Yankee Stadium.

Cotto won titles at 140 and 147-pounds. Foreman is Cotto's first challenge at 154. Wilfred Benitez, Wilfredo Gomez, Wilfredo Vazquez Sr., Hector Camacho and Trinidad are all Puerto Rican f!ghters who have won championships in at least three divisions.

"Yuri Foreman is a good f!ghter. But there is no doubt that Cotto will be the stronger man in the ring. He definitely should beat Foreman and become another Puerto Rican to win a world title in a third division," said Tito to El Nuevo Dia.

8 years ago '06        #43
space
space
Cotto-Foreman: Steward Says Miguel Will Shock Critics

By Mark Vester

Trainer Emanuel Steward expects former champion Miguel Cotto to shock the critics with han impressive performance this Saturday against WBA junior middleweight champion Yuri Foreman at New York's Yankee Stadium. Everyone wants to see what Cotto has left in the tank after taking a lot of punishment against several recent opponents like Manny Pacquiao, Joshua Clottey and Antonio Margarito.

Steward expects a very difficult f!ght. He received warnings from boxing legends Sugar Ray Leonard and Thomas Hearns. They told Steward he was in for a long night.

"Everyone is focused on what Miguel has left and his style. Regardless of what preparation you have, Yuri is a very talented and underappreciated f!ghter who has an extremely difficult style for anyone and recently when I was in Vegas for the Mayweather-Mosley f!ght and I was speaking to Ray Leonard and Tommy Hearns and they said I got my hands full. As good as Miguel will look it will always be a tough f!ght because of his style," Steward said.

Steward's plan is to get Cotto back to his come forward style that broke down quick boxers like Zab Judah and Paulie Malignaggi. While he expects Foreman to use his legs often in the f!ght, Steward predicts that at some point, Cotto will catch up to him. He says people are underestimating Cotto's speed.

"The opponent is very difficult, but in the past, Miguel has had great success with speed opponents by cutting down the guys, whether it was Zab Judah or Paulie Malignaggi. All of those guys he had great success against by cutting off the ring," Steward said.

"Right now, the way Miguel has been looking, it is going to be very hard for Yuri to stay away from Miguel for 12 rounds because Miguel is looking very fast with his feet right now and his combinations are wicked and his punching is awesome so I think it’s going to be a great f!ght, maybe in the mode of a Dempsey and Tunney situation. I think Miguel is a lot faster than a lot of people will expect from this f!ght. We know that Yuri is fast but Miguel is going to surprise a lot of people wit his speed."

Cotto is not the only one being underestimated. Steward thinks Foreman's punching power is being a bit underestimated. Too many people are placing their focus on Foreman's unbeaten record, which only has eight knockouts. Steward has prepared Cotto for an opponent who has good power in his punches.

"I don’t feel that he has great punching power but it is much better than people give him credit for. I was at a lot of his f!ghts…the f!ghters he didn’t knock out were the f!ghters no one was knocking out. I think he is a much better puncher than people give him credit for. Any time a f!ghter has fast hands and can close his hands a little bit, it creates power," Steward said.

"Yuri closes his hands and punches very fast to be dangerous. You can make a mistake coming in and get hit with a clean shot with one you don’t see. He punches much better than his record indicates."

8 years ago '06        #44
space
space
Cruel sport, this f!ght racket. Miguel Cotto is just 29, but there are many who whisper about him like he's a middle-aged dude who just got a nose ring and tatt and thinks he's all current and cool.

He's done, they chatter, speculation dressed as certainty. No tread left on the tires. He's taken too much punishment, it's just about time to hang up the gloves.

What a cruel concept this f!ght racket is, for a man pronounced elderly before he reaches his third decade on this planet. Sure, that may be gettin' up there for a supermodel. But an athlete? In this day and age, with the superior training methods and supplementations? Cotto should be entering his prime.

Cotto has heard the rumblings. He knows what people are saying about him. Cotto (34-2, 27 KOs) knows he gets to answer all the questions Saturday night when he takes on Brooklyn's Yuri Foreman (28-0, 8 KOs) in a much hyped junior middleweight f!ght at Yankee Stadium. It is the first f!ght at the Stadium, old or new, since Muhammad Ali beat Ken Norton on Sept. 28, 1976.

"I don't know what is going to happen on that night," Cotto said, "but I'm pretty sure, no matter what, when it is over, I'm going to be the winner of the f!ght."

Boxing isn't mere sport. You don't "play" boxing. Boxing plays you. Problem is most f!ghters don't get it until they take on a younger, stronger, hungrier opponent who is just plain fresher and better. Foreman presents that type of challenge to Cotto.

"I think Cotto's damaged goods," ESPN boxing analyst Teddy Atlas said. "He's a little shopworn. The f!ght for Foreman could be even easier than people think."

Atlas says Foreman's size -- he's 5-foot-11 with a 72-inch reach -- will be too much for the 5-7 Cotto and his 67-inch reach. Five years ago, Cotto's size would never even be contemplated as a weakness. The Puerto Rican's ferocious style of hammering body blows with slick uppercuts chopped down bigger opponents. But Atlas and others believe Cotto has taken too much punishment. He's shown shown signs of wear and tear. In July 2008, Antonio Margarito had Cotto looking to his corner for help in Round 11. In June 2009, Cotto won a close decision over Joshua Clottey that many felt demonstrated how far he had deteriorated. His "downfall" was cemented in November when a sustained a.ssault by Manny Pacquiao left Cotto bleeding in his corner. Cotto dodged questions about the Pacquiao bout and how much it took out of him. He may not admit it, but his actions say a lot. Cotto brought in legendary trainer Emanuel Steward to prepare him for Foreman.

"I have never trained Miguel before but all I can go by are the comments from people in the gym since we are training in the exact same gym where he trained before the Pacquiao f!ght," Steward said. "The people that are watching say he looks totally different from what they have seen before. I feel very good about it. I'm always going to be honest with you. Miguel's boxing and energy level have been fantastic."

Cotto knows this f!ght is his chance to prove he's still a legitimate contender. That is the question he gets to answer, but he has to beat Foreman handily. The Israeli born Foreman is drawing a lot of attention because of his unique back story. He is Jewish. He is training to be a Rabbi while also boxing. He will probably have the crowd behind him -- although Cotto will have a solid contingent because many Puerto Ricans are huge f!ght fans. But Foreman has yet to step into the ring against a f!ghter of Cotto's pedigree. ESPN Friday Night f!ghts play-by-play man Joe Tessitore sees the Puerto Rican rising to the occasion in the Bronx. "I think Cotto wins by a closer-than-expected decision," he says. "Foreman will give Cotto some difficulties in being an elusive target and picking his spots to get in and out, but in the end Yuri won't keep Cotto off of him and the later rounds it will start to fall in line with the stronger, more effective f!ghter."

As a boxer, Cotto understands the significance of this f!ght being held at Yankee Stadium. When asked about f!ghting in the Stadium, in the first bout in any Yankee Stadium since Ali-Norton III, Cotto talks about being "part of history" in that "legendary place." An avid baseball fan, Cotto said he goes to a lot of Yankees games whenever he is New York.

"I go to that place every year and I am proud of their fans," Cotto said. "I am going to feel like a Yankee on this night. I am going to feel like Alex Rodriguez and Derek Jeter."

Asked about f!ghting for the first time as a junior middleweight at 154 pounds, Cotto says it'll be no different than when he jumped from junior welterweight at 140 pounds to 147 to f!ght as a welterweight. "There are not worries," he said, "because he is a boxer."

His main concern is preparing for Foreman's style. Foreman is the sort of f!ghter who can make a guy go gray in 36 minutes. He's the same age as Cotto but has taken only a fraction of the punishment. He will move laterally all night and will make Cotto work way too hard to find him."

"Right now, the way Miguel has been looking, it is going to be very hard for Yuri to stay away from Miguel for 12 rounds," Steward said.

Foreman could well potshot his way to a points win, hitting Cotto early and often, then moving to stay away. But ultimately, he may get his biggest a.ssist from an invisible but omnipotent ally -- Father Time.

8 years ago '06        #45
kevkhalee 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,319 | Props total: 120 120
Cotto shoulda never fought Marg.
 06-01-2010, 05:33 PM         #46
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this gonna be boring i just hope its a double header
 8 years ago '05        #47
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,736 | Props total: 12561 12561
Cotto is going to jew hell for punishing this rabbi...

I see a Cotto vs. Berto matchup in the future..
 8 years ago '06        #48
space
space
 DrX said:
this gonna be boring i just hope its a double header
it is Vanes Martirosyan vs Joe Greene as well

Hold That said:
Cotto is going to jew hell for punishing this rabbi...

I see a Cotto vs. Berto matchup in the future..
i think berto would eat him up...good f!ght tho
 8 years ago '06        #49
space
space
Cotto-Foreman Weigh-in
NYC f!ght fans invited to attend FREE

[pic - click to view]

The Official Weigh-In for “Stadium Slugfest” at Yankee Stadium will be open to the public and admission will be free. The gates to the Great Hall will open at 2:30 p.m. with the main event and co-main event stepping on the scale, beginning at 3:00 p.m., followed by the undercard. Concession stands selling food and f!ght merchandise will be open.
—–
Three world titles in two different divisions isn’t the only legacy Miguel Cotto boasts. The Pride of Puerto Rico is also New York’s #1 box office attraction. Miguel’s six f!ghts at Madison Square Garden, dating back to 2005, with many coming on the eve of the National Puerto Rican Day Parade, have sold approximately 93,000 seats, easily making him New York’s most popular – and bankable – f!ghter for the past decade. On June 5, Miguel will become New York’s first and only f!ghter to have sold over 100,000 tickets in this millennium. The breakdown is as follows: Muhammad Abdullaev – 12,000 (June 11, 2005), Paulie Malignaggi – 15,000 (June 10, 2006), Zab Judah – 21,000, a complete sellout (June 9, 2007), Shane Mosley – 18,000 (November 10, 2007), Michael Jennings – 12,000 (February. 21, 2009) and Joshua Clottey – 15,000 (June 13, 2009). 30,000+ are expected Saturday at Yankee Stadium.
 8 years ago '06        #50
space
space
It seems like Miguel Cotto has been around since the late 1980s, but the former two-division titleholder turned pro in early 2001 and is only 29.

Despite recent setbacks, the Puerto Rican star’s career is far from over. However, Cotto’s already shaky status as an elite f!ghter could end if he loses his challenge to junior middleweight beltholder Yuri Foreman on Saturday.

If the Belarus-born Brooklyn-based Israeli beats Cotto (34-2, 27 knockouts) it’s very likely the Puerto Rican will become a high-profile gatekeeper for up-and-comers if he decides to continue f!ghting and we all know he’s too proud to be anyone’s stepping stone.

Cotto is the slight betting favorite. Based on his accomplishments and his opponent’s comparative lack of world-class opposition he deserves to be. However, more than a few boxing writers and insiders believe Foreman (28-0, 8 KOs) will pull off the minor upset.

Those picking Foreman to win do so with Cotto’s brutal late-rounds stoppages to Antonio Margarito and Manny Pacquiao in mind as much as the style matchup, which doesn’t appear to favor the veteran.

So, it’s conceivable that Saturday’s HBO-televised showdown from the new Yankee Stadium in Bronx, N.Y., could be Cotto’s last f!ght.

If it is, what kind of a career did he have?

When Top Rank signed Cotto almost 10 years ago the Las Vegas-based promotional company touted the 2000 Olympian as blue-chip prospect with the potential to replace Felix Trinidad as the boxing icon of Puerto Rico. Put short, Cotto was going to do big things.

Top Rank president Bob Arum proudly proclaimed Cotto to be a future first-ballot hall of famer at the post-f!ght press conference to his first title-winning effort, an impressive sixth-round stoppage of amateur rival Kelson Pinto in September of 2004.

Top Rank helped develop Cotto into a bona fide attraction in Puerto Rico and New York City over the next four years, as the f!ghter battled top 140-pound opposition before stepping up to welterweight where he won another title and earned pound-for-pound status by taking on the best f!ghters of the 147-pound division.

And yet, Cotto may have fallen short of Arum’s bold prediction.

Despite his popularity and accomplishments, most hardcore fans believe Cotto is closer to former welterweight titleholder Ike Quartey than Trinidad; a borderline hall of famer as opposed to a first-ballot inductee.

“Miguel Cotto in the hall of fame? Only as soon as Harry Jeffra gets in,” boxing historian Bert Sugar told RingTV.com.

In other words, there are f!ghters with better credentials than Cotto who deserve more hall of fame consideration.

“Cotto is on the cusp,” Sugar continued. “He’s won two championships in two divisions. That’s not bad, but it’s not enough. A win on Saturday would give him a title in a third division which would extend his career, but I’m not sure that makes him hall of fame worthy. There are more accomplished f!ghters I believe are on the cusp -- Oscar De La Hoya for instance -- that I would vote in before Cotto.

“Don't get me wrong. Cotto’s had a heck of a career. He beat a lot of good f!ghters and he’s the biggest ticket seller out of Puerto Rico right now, but I can’t call what he’s had so far a great career because he lost his two biggest f!ghts, to Margarito and Pacquiao.”

While Sugar makes a good point, it should be noted that Margarito and Pacquiao are just two of 13 f!ghters Cotto has faced who have held world titles. Cotto beat the others, two of whom -- Zab Judah and Shane Mosley -- were once recognized as champions by THE RING.

Even Cotto’s most ardent critics acknowledge that he never sought the easy road to recognition.

Foreman will be the sixth in-his-prime undefeated f!ghter that Cotto has faced so far. Of the previous five -- which includes Carlos Quintana and Paul Malignaggi -- only one, Pinto, has not gone on to win a world title after Cotto beat him.

So it seems harsh to penalize him so much for the only two losses of his career. Then again, getting into the hall of fame is supposed to hard, right?

“The criteria to get into the hall of fame is to be ‘great’ and great f!ghters win their biggest f!ghts,” Sugar said. “I’ve never heard anyone use ‘great’ as an adjective to describe Cotto.

“I don’t think he every really picked up the mantle from Felix Trinidad among Puerto Rican f!ght fans. Some f!ghters get extra points for their fan base, for having the ability, the charisma to ‘wow’ them. Jack Dempsey is one. People saw him as great at the time he fought. Muhammad Ali said he was great, people saw him as great and that resonated with his generation. I think the word ‘great’ is needed to get into the hall of fame.”

It should be, but is it?

“The hall of fame has its share of inductees who aren’t great,” said Cliff Rold, a young historian who writes for BoxingScene.com. “Rocky Graziano made for great f!ghts but he wasn’t a great f!ghter. Half of the heavyweights in the hall of fame don’t deserve to be there. Way too much credit is given to the heavyweight title. Ingemar Johansson is in there for one good victory. Pretty much every former heavyweight champ better than Primo Carnera is in there.

“I think Cotto deserves consideration based on his body of work. No, he’s not dynamic, he never stood out in any one area, and he was never considered ‘great,’ but I think he could be a victim of circumstance. He stepped up to the welterweight division at a time when it was packed with dangerous, formidable f!ghters and he didn’t duck anyone.”

Indeed. From the time of Cotto’s welterweight debut, in December of 2006, seven of the nine 147 pounders he’s fought -- including Quintana, Mosley and Joshua Clottey -- were ranked by THE RING.

“The only guys Cotto’s lost to are Margarito, a total badass who may been cheating, and Pacquiao, who is arguably the best f!ghter in boxing since Roberto Duran. So what if those were his biggest f!ghts? Did Thomas Hearns win his biggest f!ghts? Should his career be judged on his losses to Sugar Ray Leonard and Marvin Hagler? In Hearns’ defense, he beat Wilfred Benitez and Roberto Duran and Cotto hasn’t defeated anyone that good. Cotto is not on Hearns’ level, but he’s never lost to a f!ghter of Iran Barkley’s level, either. Barkley lost to every other top f!ghter not named Thomas Hearns.”

However, Sugar points out that Hearns had something -- at least for a time -- that Cotto never possessed, the mystique of perceived invincibility. Until the Hitman clashed with Leonard he appeared unbeatable at welterweight. He was unbeaten at junior middleweight, where he scored his victories over Benitez and Duran.

“That helps a f!ghter when considering his hall of fame status,” Sugar said. “Cotto never looked unbeatable. He always looked vulnerable at junior welterweight. He was strong for a brief period at welterweight but then he changed his style. He doesn’t go to the body the way he used to and you know when he’s in trouble these days because he starts going backwards, as he did against Margarito and Clottey. I knew the Pacquiao f!ght was over when started backpedaling.

“Shane Mosley will probably be a first-ballot hall of famer because he was not only viewed as ‘great’ for the short period after he beat Oscar De La Hoya at welterweight, but if you look at his record at lightweight he was unbeatable, or at least he looked unbeatable.”

Rold points out that Cotto boxed his way to a unanimous decision over Mosley in a competitive bout that took place in November of 2007.

“The Mosley that Cotto beat was as good as anyone Felix Trinidad fought,” Rold said. “That motivated version of Shane was way better than David Reid, Yory Boy Campas or Oba Carr. That Mosley was better than the faded, cracked-out version of Pernell Whitaker that Trinidad fought. That Shane was just as good as the De La Hoya Trinidad barely beat in controversial fashion.

“And Cotto was never shutout the way Trinidad was against Bernard Hopkins and Winky Wright. Cotto was competitive in his losses. Trinidad will be a first-ballot hall of famer. So will Kostya Tszyu. But win for win, loss for loss, tell me why Trinidad or Tszyu are better than Cotto?

“I could be wrong, but I think over time, maybe 5 to 10 years from now, fans will look at the sum of Cotto’s parts and reevaluate him. I wouldn’t be surprised if one day he will be considered underrated.”

But what about now? What can a victory on Saturday do for Cotto’s career?

“The win itself doesn’t do much for Cotto’s hall of fame status because we don’t know how good Foreman is yet,” Rold said. “It will give him a third title in a third division, which is something, but what it really does is extend his career. It sets up matches in his new division. If he defends his title three or four times maybe that’s enough to earn him a place in the hall of fame in the minds of those who do the voting.

“There are options for him at 154 pounds. A revenge match against Margarito is certainly marketable. He could roll the dice and take on a Paul Williams or Sergio Martinez and if by some miracle he beats those guys, that changes everything. He’ll get in. But I think what’s more likely is that he’ll defend his new title against solid guys and make for crowd-pleasing f!ghts, kind of like Bobby Chacon did late in his career. And who wouldn’t want to see Cotto versus Alfredo Angulo?”

Of course, Cotto must defeat Foreman before fans can fantasize about future junior middleweight matchups.

A loss on Saturday could close the book on his career and maybe his chances of getting into the hall of fame.

“If he loses to Foreman and calls it a career I don‘t think his chances are very good at getting in, not on his first ballot, anyway,” Sugar said. “I think there will be a lot of f!ghters who had better careers than Cotto up for induction the same time he will be, f!ghters like Shane Mosley, Mike Tyson, and Manny Pacquiao, f!ghters who were considered ‘great’ at some point during their careers.

“Their names might also be on the ballot with his and if they are I think Cotto will be overlooked.”
 8 years ago '06        #51
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,537 | Props total: 6788 6788
lets see what happens with the rain
 8 years ago '06        #52
space
space
 - Streetz - said:
lets see what happens with the rain
o damn
 8 years ago '07        #53
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,554 | Props total: 1173 1173
Ill catch one of the replays if worth it

im not wasting my saturday night on cotto
 8 years ago '06        #54
space
space
whos tuning in?
 8 years ago '06        #55
kmstokes 
space
space
$10,720 | Props total: 1786 1786
I'ma tune in, but what time is it coming on?
 8 years ago '06        #56
space
space
 kmstokes said:
I'ma tune in, but what time is it coming on?
the program starts at 10:15 EST on HBO....first round to cotto f!ght will probably sound around 11:20 or so
 8 years ago '08        #57
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,733 | Props total: 11628 11628
Dont like Cotto but i think he wins a UD
 8 years ago '09        #58
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,271 | Props total: 19377 19377
i'm tunin in
 8 years ago '06        #59
space
space
im heading out there in 2hrs, any1 going to see it live?
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
77 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
194 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
66 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Did This NBA Announcer Stole Boxden Lingo?
33 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
77 comments
22 hours ago