Miguel Cotto vs Yuri Foreman[6-5-10][HBO]

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
78 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
10 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
208 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Winner
MC by KO 12 60.00%
MC by Dec 4 20.00%
Draw 0 0%
YF by KO 1 5.00%
YF by Dec 3 15.00%
Voters: 20. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #1
11753 pageviews
305 comments

STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
Miguel Cotto vs Yuri Foreman[6-5-10][HBO]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Vote:

[pic - click to view]

http://slumz.boxden.com/f .. reman-1370049/

Last edited by STILL.DETOX; 05-19-2010 at 03:14 PM..

305 comments for "Miguel Cotto vs Yuri Foreman[6-5-10][HBO]"

8 years ago '06        #2
kevkhalee 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,319 | Props total: 120 120
this is why i cant stand religion.

Yuri has a great motor.
But idk if he got that power to deal with Cotto.
He better hope Cotto is truly done after all those heavy beating he's taken in his career.
 8 years ago '06        #3
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704 OP
space
space
 kevkhalee said:
this is why i cant stand religion.

Yuri has a great motor.
But idk if he got that power to deal with Cotto.
He better hope Cotto is truly done after all those heavy beating he's taken in his career.
because they delay boxing matches?
 8 years ago '07        #4
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,022 | Props total: 30266 30266
Foreman to f!ght Cotto on June 5
Associated Press

NEW YORK -- A deal has been completed to bring the first f!ght to Yankee Stadium in more than three decades.

Promoter Bob Arum told The a.ssociated Press late Thursday that the WBA junior middleweight champion Yuri Foreman will f!ght former welterweight champion Miguel Cotto on June 5 at the ballpark in the Bronx.

The ring will be set up in right-center field with seating around the ring, in the right field bleachers and along the first base line. Arum expects 30,000-35,000 ringside seats will go for $400 with the least expensive tickets priced at $50.

Arum promoted the final bout at the old Yankee Stadium across 161st Street when Muhammad Ali fought Ken Norton on Sept. 28, 1976.
 03-04-2010, 08:49 PM         #5
FaceMob 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cotto needs to sit it down for a year man. This dude has been in some hellacious f!ghts the past few years and none of his advisers are looking out for his well being. Not saying Yuri is a monster but Im not sure how much Cotto has left.
 8 years ago '07        #6
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 FaceMob said:
Cotto needs to sit it down for a year man. This dude has been in some hellacious f!ghts the past few years and none of his advisers are looking out for his well being. Not saying Yuri is a monster but Im not sure how much Cotto has left.

I agree. They definitely chippin' years off the back end of his career... and maybe his life. If I was Cotto... I woulda took a Malignaggi rematch.
 8 years ago '06        #7
space
space
man i really wanna go
 8 years ago '06        #8
space
space
Cotto vs Foreman Heads To HBO, No Pay-Per-View

By Mark Vester

In a very smart move, HBO and Top Rank have reached an agreement to keep Miguel Cotto vs. Yuri Foreman from heading to pay-per-view. Arum confirmed the information to noted Puerto Rico scribe Carlos Gonzalez. The f!ght will take place on June 5 at Yankee Stadium in Bronx, New York. There will be a press conference to announce the f!ght on March 22 in Tampa, Florida, where the Yankees will be having spring training. Another press conference is scheduled for early April in Yankee Stadium.

Arum is not sure if this will be the final f!ght for Cotto. He plans to have the stadium sized for about 30,000 fans. Cotto goes for his third divisional title when he challenges Foreman for the WBA 154-pound title. Cotto has called 2010 the final year in his boxing career, but Arum is not so sure of that.

"I can't say if this is going to be the final f!ght for Cotto. I don't think so. The important to know is that he would like to win the title," Arum said.
 8 years ago '06        #9
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
 FaceMob said:

Yeah he has. He should have took a longer break to get his self together mentally and physically.
 8 years ago '06        #10
csarvis3 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,257 | Props total: 443 443
Cotto is gonna come w/ that knockout
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '06        #11
space
space
Cotto vs. Foreman: A Tug of War For Emanuel Steward

[pic - click to view]

By Rick Reeno

Last month, Yuri Foreman's manager, Murray Wilson, was under the impression he had reached a deal with trainer Emanuel Steward. Foreman's team was planning to use Steward in training camp to prepare for the upcoming f!ght with Miguel Cotto on June 5 in New York's Yankee Stadium. Steward was going to join Foreman's camp for two or three weeks in the role of a consultant. The training goal was to use Steward's knowledge to increase Foreman's offensive abilities.

In the last few days, rumors have surfaced that Cotto's team made a strong financial offer to Steward, and the veteran trainer was close to joining the other side. Foreman's manager heard the same rumors and spoke to Steward on Thursday. After being very confident about Steward's willingness to join their team, Murray is no longer that confident. Murray believes Cotto's team offered Steward the position of head trainer, and a percentage of the f!ghter's purse. Cotto's previous trainer, Joe Santiago, will play the role of the a.ssistant if Steward decides to come on. Team Foreman is only offering Steward a flat-fee for his services.

"It's really up in the air, which surprises me because I thought we had a concrete deal. I spoke to Manny and he heard some of the guys with Yuri were getting really upset that he was coming in, and that's not true at all. As recent as the Klitschko f!ght [with Eddie Chambers], he said 'I can't wait to see you in New York.' Who knows at this point. You can't read another guy's mind," Murray told BoxingScene.com.

If Steward decides to go with Cotto, Murray is not worried. Foreman is trained by Joe Grier, who Murray views as one of the best trainers in the business. Murray plans to sort out the situation with Steward before the week is out.

"He was only coming in for two to three weeks. It's not life and death, but I still want use Manny in camp. Joe Grier may not be as known, but he is one of the best around, and he treats Yuri like he's his own son. The real f!ght happens in the ring, not outside of the ring," Murray said.
 8 years ago '09        #12
ThatDudeJ 
space
space
space
$361 | Props total: 10 10
Cotto is gonna take Foremans belt in the middle weight division, and then Pacquiao will move up to middle weight and f!ght Cotto to be the middle weight champ!
 8 years ago '07        #13
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 ThatDudeJ said:
Cotto is gonna take Foremans belt in the middle weight division, and then Pacquiao will move up to middle weight and f!ght Cotto to be the middle weight champ!
Jr Middleweight (154), not middleweight (160)
 8 years ago '06        #14
space
space
Miguel Cotto today finally made public what was coming long been rumored that the famous trainer Emanuel Steward will be responsible for his corner facing the f!ght against Yuri Foreman.

Cotto, like many well-known figures have made recently, using alternative media, Twitter and the radio program ""La Perrera Senior Vto publicize the news that had been brought earlier today by El Nuevo Dia

In the social network, the boxer wrote, "Good morning, today officially I informed that Mr. Emanuel Steward will be my new coach. And will join my corner with Joe Santiago, Joe Chavez and my brother Jose. On June 5 we will make history again. Thanks for your support!. "

While on the radio program, hosted by Ali Warrington, Eric Valcourt and Yamaris Latorre, said the boxer who made the approach to Steward following the wishes of his deceased father, Miguel Cotto. "Before the old man died, that was one of hid desires, one of the moves he wanted to do, so we gave it a try to what he wanted."

He added that the search for a new coach, in addition to meeting with Stewart, also spoke with Buddy McGirt.

As for the expectations that he and his team are working on contributions of Steward, Cotto said he expects steward to bring experience and knowledge. "Not only is a change for Miguel Cotto, but for the entire group," he said.

Bryan Perez, director of operations for Cotto and had the opportunity to talk with the famous trainer during the journey from the airport to Humacao on Wednesday night, he said he "did not come to make changes, but to add and work with what Miguel has, to refresh his skills. " Perez described the trainer of boxers like Oscar de la Hoya, Wladimir Klitschko and Tommy Hearns, among others, as "super nice person" and "well nice."

Without revealing numbers, as he joked with the animators, Cotto said he reached a good agreement with Steward. "Agreements are beneficial to him and beneficial to us. He aint didnt came for free, he came to do a job and I'm here to do my job and do my part to get my career back on track. "

The f!ghter accepted that during the last years of his career he was not comfortable and that he had lost the love for boxing. He added that if the love comes back, he could delay his retirement a year or two.

"Miguel Cotto in the last three, four years have not worked in the most comfortable way, before the break with Evangelista ... Courage, always working under pressure and I lost some love, some love to this that has given me so much that it is boxing and we will try to regain that lost love ... If the passion comes back, Miguel Cotto will continue ... one, two years, "he said.

8 years ago '06        #15
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,519 | Props total: 6738 6738
might f**k around and walk the few blocks to yankee stadium and watch this
 8 years ago '06        #16
space
space

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Last edited by STILL.DETOX; 04-29-2010 at 02:16 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #17
1MikE 9 heat pts
space
space
$7,010 | Props total: 1572 1572
i am not hype for this in the least bit

it would be eventful to see what, if any, change mechanics Cotto develops under Steward, but he's going to 'look good' against Foreman regardless. so, blah. glad its on regular HBO at least
 8 years ago '09        #19
Gonzilla 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,485 | Props total: 57 57
Why does Cotto sound familiar?

Is he the one that had that match with Mayweather back in November 09?

I know Cotto went up against Mayweather or Pacquiao, but I forgot who and when. I know he sounds familiar though.
...unless I'm confusing him with Vasquez.
 8 years ago '07        #20
Welsh! 
space
space
$5,541 | Props total: 39 39
^Yeah he faced Pac.

Anyway, as always I'll be rooting for Cotto.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
47 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
62 comments
22 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
100 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy