If Eminem drops Relapse2 and it sounds like MMLP and TheEminem Show will it secure his spot as GOAT?

most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
68 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
42 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
15 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Yes or No
Yes 58 56.86%
No 44 43.14%
Voters: 102. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '09        #41
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,087 | Props total: 8878 8878
 BabyBatterBoy said:
man u little kids need to grow up and do some hip hop research. em is good at what he does but he will never be GOAT. his s**t just sounds better these days cause everyone else sucks. his s**t wouldn't be relevant back in the day when hip hop was worth listening to. none of em's albums will compete with reasonable doubt, illmatic, chronic, ready to die, life after death, me against the world, makaveli 7 day theory, all eyes on me, doggystyle, etc.
 8 years ago '05        #42
SyDuck 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,347 | Props total: 347 347
yea he will be up there.

after he dies though, his catalog will be classic though. guaranteed.

if he dies tomorrow, he will be up there with Pac and Big as the some of the greatest

Last edited by SyDuck; 02-17-2010 at 02:38 PM..
 8 years ago '09        #43
BrooklynStiles 82 heat pts82
space
space
$10,455 | Props total: 8561 8561
 Maroon_Tiger said:
im sorry, but em's catalog is not close to jay-z or nas's catalog... hes top 10
 8 years ago '04        #44
BackBlock_OG 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,959 | Props total: 1094 1094
 Smiff_Beats said:
Eminem can never be the GOAT. He doesnt touch the rap culture the way others do. He will never be remembered for classic hip hop songs like "Juicy", "Hardknock Life," "Dead Presidents," "Gin & Juice," "Life's a b**ch" etc. The closet song he has is "Stan." I'm sorry yall...this guy is very talented, he can rhyme his a.ss off but he will never be considered the greatest to the hip hop community.
:iagree:

Well if you dont like it it must suck(forget the general consensus that it is one of hip hops few accepted classics)
What "general consensus" are you talking about? When I leave boxden, I've never hear the words, Eminem and classic or GOAT from anybody. Only white Em fans who came into rap with/after Em think his s**t is classic. When people I know talk about classics, we talk about "The Infamous", "Illmatic and It was Written", "36 Chambers", "Ready to Die", "Life After death", "Reasonable Doubt", "Doggystyle"................ "The Marshall Mathers LP"???

and not to take away anything from Em as a lyricist cause he just might be the best with wordplay, but NONE of his albums were anywhere near classic status like those I mentioned above. Eminem has mastered the wordplay aspect of rap music but that's all he can do. He doesn't make songs that impact the culture of hip hop. Stan was a great song, but compare its impact to "shook ones pt 2" or "Gin & Juice" or "Juicy". It almost seems like it didn't have one at all.
 8 years ago '04        #45
space
space
A lot of white people think black people discriminate against Em b/c he's white and maybe they're right but the best way I can describe it is this:

Lets say I was a black actor that studied samurai's. When I say studied, I mean it was my passion, what I loved. Then after years and years of studying samurai and their swordplay, I become good, and then great. Eventually, I can walk, talk, and move just like the samurai's I've been studying. So then I hookup w/ a big time movie director because he sees my talent and recognizes that I can bring a whole new audience into samurai movies. So my first movie is a great success and now young black kids all over are into samurai culture and wanting to be like me. My movies go on to sell more then any kung-fu/samurai movies that came before it. I become the new face of samurai movies. Now let me ask you this, even if I get 20 oscars and pop culture considers me the greatest samurai movie actor ever, do you think the people of Japan and China are going to consider me the GOAT... or even close? Hell no! That's b/c they know I'm just imitating their culture. I'm just introducing what I learned from them to a new audience. Being a samurai is not in me, its not what I am. I'm just a black actor, acting like a japanese or chinese samurai. Well if you can understand that analogy, you can understand why Eminem will never be mentioned amongst the GOAT's in the black communtity.
 8 years ago '10        #46
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
$21,528 | Props total: 9907 9907
he could never be goat...never
 8 years ago '09        #47
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,731 | Props total: 6245 6245
^^The black community probably want rappers to be rapping about issues that effect them which is fair enough but Eminem aint in a position to rap about that stuff.

Doesnt matter what you are rapping about your lyricism and flow can be judged and he is as good as anyone in both departments.When it comes to making hooks no other GOAT candidate gets near him and personally i think hooks can make or break a song.

f**k all this black and white jibber jabber he is dope,anyone who denies it is lying.Even if you dont appreciate his content there is no doubting his versatility,flow and lyricism.

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 02-17-2010 at 04:13 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #48
space
space
 ShadyVsEminem said:
^^The black community probably want rappers to be rapping about issues that effect them which is fair enough but Eminem aint in a position to rap about that stuff.

Doesnt matter what you are rapping about your lyricism and flow can be judged and he is as good as anyone in both departments.When it comes to making hooks no other GOAT candidate gets near him and personally i think hooks can make or break a song.

f**k all this black and white jibber jabber he is dope,anyone who denies it is lying.Even if you dont appreciate his content there is no doubting his versatility,flow and lyricism.
Blk people don't necessarily want him to address issues that affect them, just issues that will make them like his songs for more then just a hot line. There's no denying his lryical ability, but that doens't make you the GOAT or equate to classic songs/albums. It just means you spit hot verses. I'll just use Life After death as an example b/c I think that album is a masterpiece. B.I.G. went everywhere with that album and he succeeded each time: The Streets, the girls/clubs, stories, deep songs... whatever. There's no Em material that I can say is like that.
 8 years ago '09        #49
space
space
 BackBlock_OG said:
Blk people don't necessarily want him to address issues that affect them, just issues that will make them like his songs for more then just a hot line. There's no denying his lryical ability, but that doens't make you the GOAT or equate to classic songs/albums. It just means you spit hot verses. I'll just use Life After death as an example b/c I think that album is a masterpiece. B.I.G. went everywhere with that album and he succeeded each time: The Streets, the girls/clubs, stories, deep songs... whatever. There's no Em material that I can say is like that.

Eminem show is my favorite album because its so varied if he had of replaced Drips with Stimulate it would of been that little bit better(id say he felt it was a bit to like Sing for the moment though).

Its all about personal preferecnce,i mean i prefer 50`s music over rappers i know could rap whirlwinds around him.Eminems goofy songs will always hold him back in a lot of peoples eyes which is fair enough.

I dont care what color someone is at doing anything as long as they entertain me and impress me the most i will say they are the best, eg. it breaks my heart to say it Wayne Rooney is the best footballer in the world right now(thats tough coming from a Liverpool fan).

Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 02-17-2010 at 04:30 PM..
 02-17-2010, 04:32 PM         #50
Galaxy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ShadyVsEminem said:

I dont care what color someone is at doing anything as long as they entertain me and impress me the most i will say they are the best, eg. it breaks my heart to say it Wayne Rooney is the best footballer in the world right now(thats tough coming from a Liverpool fan).

[pic - click to view]

You are dead to me
 8 years ago '09        #51
space
space
 Galaxy said:

[pic - click to view]

You are dead to me
Gerrard is having his worst season in ages just look where we are in the league and out of all the cups(cant blame him with the players around him,Lucas??????????????).To much mediocre players Benitez needs to tip the f**k on.
 02-17-2010, 04:47 PM         #52
Galaxy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ShadyVsEminem said:
Gerrard is having his worst season in ages just look where we are in the league and out of all the cups(cant blame him with the players around him,Lucas??????????????).To much mediocre players Benitez needs to tip the f**k on.
Yeah but its not Gerrards fault, he literally carries the whole team and always has done, he pushes everyone to do better, you can see his passion, hes a world class player who couldve gone on to bigger and better things (any team he wanted - he even refused to go to Man U JUST because they are rivals) and stuck with his home team, Rooney is a braindead ogre like creature who has a knack for scoring goals, hes like the Budden if goal scoring was lyrics (he cant do anything else), the last time Rooney really impressed me was in his very first game for Man U, when he scored 3 goals or something under all that pressure. Gerrard does so much more than simply goal scoring and is imo the best Midfielder ever.

Last edited by Galaxy; 02-17-2010 at 04:53 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #53
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,990 | Props total: 4020 4020
 BackBlock_OG said:
A lot of white people think black people discriminate against Em b/c he's white and maybe they're right (nuff said) but the best way I can describe it is this:

Lets say I was a black actor that studied samurai's. When I say studied, I mean it was my passion, what I loved. Then after years and years of studying samurai and their swordplay, I become good, and then great. Eventually, I can walk, talk, and move just like the samurai's I've been studying. So then I hookup w/ a big time movie director because he sees my talent and recognizes that I can bring a whole new audience into samurai movies. So my first movie is a great success and now young black kids all over are into samurai culture and wanting to be like me. My movies go on to sell more then any kung-fu/samurai movies that came before it. I become the new face of samurai movies. Now let me ask you this, even if I get 20 oscars and pop culture considers me the greatest samurai movie actor ever, do you think the people of Japan and China are going to consider me the GOAT... or even close? Hell no! That's b/c they know I'm just imitating their culture. I'm just introducing what I learned from them to a new audience. Being a samurai is not in me, its not what I am. I'm just a black actor, acting like a japanese or chinese samurai. Well if you can understand that analogy, you can understand why Eminem will never be mentioned amongst the GOAT's in the black communtity.
So by your analogy, he's imitating a culture and he's not a rapper?

[video - click to view]

He didn't "study" s**t. You know who "studied" hip hop/songwriting? 50 Cent. Em along with Proof wanted to become rappers since they were little kids and that's how they grew up. They're not imitating s**t, it's what they are. It's what Em is. He's not a white rapper, he's just a rapper who happens to be white. I'm sick of f**kin black people saying someone's NOT something because they're not a certain skin color, which is basically what you're doing; look at your last sentence. When will you dips**ts understand that for the most part the "white" struggle is not the same as the "black" struggle? How can he make a song like Gin and Juice, for example? He didn't grow up that way. You gave him credit only for Stan but conveniently overlooked Lose Yourself, Rock Bottom, 8 Mile, and Sing For The Moment to name a few. Hip hop for the most part is BLACK, and if (I stress, IF) any of those tracks seemingly didn't have much appeal as those other tracks you listed is because they weren't embraced by black hip hop... Doesn't mean they're not THERE. How can he write about a story that's not his? You were better off saying you can't relate to his s**t.

Look at the man's range.
 8 years ago '06        #54
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,990 | Props total: 4020 4020
 Fly or Die said:
at ya'll discussing soccer

THIS IS FOOTBALL

[pic - click to view]

Funny since feet only make contact with the ball on kickoffs/field goals.
 8 years ago '06        #55
Yung Dilla 1479 heat pts1479
space
space
$54,917 | Props total: 25868 25868
No because em is already GOAT
 8 years ago '09        #56
space
space
 Fly or Die said:
at ya'll discussing soccer

THIS IS FOOTBALL

[pic - click to view]

American football is of no interest to me.If the sport has to be rough this is football.

[video - click to view]

without the padding(pity Ireland got k!lled).I was at this and iv never seen anything like it,the amount of sly digs off the ball and all was crazy,they k!lled each other.

Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 02-17-2010 at 05:19 PM..
 02-17-2010, 05:16 PM         #57
Galaxy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ShadyVsEminem said:
American football is of no interest to me.If the sport has to be rough this is football.

without the padding(pity Ireland got k!lled).

Waaaaaaay ahead of you as usual
 8 years ago '09        #58
space
space
 Galaxy said:

Waaaaaaay ahead of you as usual
I dont see any Aussie rules in that thread? Just stay behind me and dont get carried away with yourself.

Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 02-17-2010 at 05:27 PM..
 02-17-2010, 05:25 PM         #59
lyonsm316 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 fly or die said:
At ya'll discussing soccer

this is football

[pic - click to view]

wrong!
 02-17-2010, 05:26 PM         #60
Galaxy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ShadyVsEminem said:
I dont see any Aussie rules in that thread? Just stay behind me and dont get carried away with yourself.
Pause!

Nah i meant with the rugby vs american football debate, im half english, half american, in sports my english side talks i guess.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
129 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
104 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
61 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
91 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
181 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy