Best Movies You've Seen That Nobody Heard Of..?

most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
54 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
123 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
39 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
151 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '07        #42
Chris Cassius 
space
space
$2,124 | Props total: 19 19

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '08        #43
daluckychild 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$753 | Props total: 229 229
Sunshine

[pic - click to view]

Pumpkinhead

[pic - click to view]

Kate & Leopold

[pic - click to view]

Working Girl

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by daluckychild; 02-16-2010 at 10:15 AM..
 02-16-2010, 10:52 AM         #44
Kon Vert  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Me and my friends were watching s3xy Beast the other day. Ben Kingsley as Don Logan, perhaps my favourite movie character ever.

"You've made me look a right c*nt"

I think Ben's one of our best actors.
 02-16-2010, 11:09 AM         #45
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kon Vert said:
I watched that last week (North by Northwest) since my Dad was going on about it for ages and I kept saying I'd check it later. Knew it would be great though, just one of those I'd put off.

What about The Maltese Falcon or Rear Window? Any takers?
NBNW and RW are Hitch classics, Maltese is one widely known noir.

You guys can't honestly call these unheard of, the common movie fan has seen them.

I can't think of any movies I have seen that are unheard of, every movie is known to some extent, I will think of some lesser praised ones in a sec.
 02-16-2010, 11:15 AM         #46
Kon Vert  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah, but not everyone has studied film or is inclined to do so.

Perhaps a better title would have been: films you think everyone should see that most haven't?

Of course there aren't films that nobody has heard of.

But I guarantee if I went in the Hip Hop section and said Rear Window or Wings of Desire most wouldn't have a clue.
 02-16-2010, 11:38 AM         #47
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Got Cheeve? said:
Finally saw that for the first time (rented it from the library for free, don't sleep on the library ya'll free movies for a week, f**k blockbuster, library even has a better selection, at least mine does.)

But yeah, good movie, GREAT chemistry between the two leads. For being such an old movie it kinda shocked me how forward the girl was on the train and the s3xual innuendos. But then i read how that was one of Hitchcock's goals for the film. He was purposely pushing the envelope and there was even a film rule that he had to work around (couples were only allowed to kiss for so long, stupid other s**t too like toilets weren't allowed to be shown.) The train going through the tunnel at the end (symbolism as the couple were about to obviously have s3x.) Hitchcock broke through a lot of these rules and paved the way for the future of cinema in America. Good flick.

It reminded me of James Bond movies so much and then I saw it came out before the Bond films did so there you go... a serious trendsetter. VERY important and influential movie.

Also i was laughing my a.ss off when he was drunk driving and getting away from the bad guys, classic.
It is called the Hays code, Hollywood had it set up to avoid these things and in turn it ruined many classics from the 30's to late 60's. And yes NBNW is a classic example of espionage and spy thrillers before Bond and even better IMO, check out '39 Steps' (1935) and 'Saboteur' (1942) two older classic Hitch "chase thrillers" and of course Hitch was always pushing boundaries on what could be expressed in cinema at the time.

Anyways some lesser known films that deserve more screenings:

Last Year At Marienbad (1961) - Alain Resnais classic dreamy ambiguous tale of deja vu, memory, and romance. Classic visuals and a puzzle like structure it is to me the most confusing and open movie in french cinema and worked past limits of the conventional narrative.

Rope (1948) - Hitchcock's classic psychological thriller in which two homos3xual roommates murder a former classmate for the thrill, inviting their professor and the victims parents/girl to the party, all to ensure that the perfect murder is committed and to prove their superiority over the inferior man. Hitch uses non conventional direction with long takes and no editing, no effects or scene changes just a room, people, and suspense.

Lost Highway (1997) - Lynch thriller in which a man and wife are delivered mysterious tapes showing their bedroom under surveillance. At a party the man is confronted by a mystery man who claims to be at the mans home at that same moment, he proves it and claims the man wants him there. Somehow though his wife is murdered and the blame is pinned on him, in prison he transforms into another man and lives a new life. From here on Lynch mind f**ks you in every way possible and throws the typical storyline out the window. Not as well known as Lynch's other films but all the great characteristics are there.

Koyaanisqatsi (1982) - Godfrey Reggio's documentary without dialogue, a beautiful and innovative look at the history of the world through the lens of a camera. Showing the changes from nature's landscapes to modern inventions of mankind. The cinematography is beautiful showing the patterns and textures of the ocean's, mountains, and forests. Constant movement and great editing, a movie that entrances you into its world without characters, it makes the earth the center of all attention. A really interesting film that is unlike anything I have seen.

These are all films not widely known and unconventional in comparison to those that are. I wouldn't recommend these to those who are looking for the typical Hollywood movie but if you enhoy branching out and seeking past the typical film this is a great place to start.

Last edited by smokeweed101.; 02-16-2010 at 11:41 AM..
 02-16-2010, 11:39 AM         #48
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kon Vert said:
But I guarantee if I went in the Hip Hop section and said Rear Window or Wings of Desire most wouldn't have a clue.
They only know Scarface and Dark Knight.

I would look at a site like IMDB if you want more open minds and diversity in film discussions. But my point was that RW and NBNW are popular Hitch movies (popular to those who know classic cinema), in color and with good pacing. His slower older films are lesser known by far. But I am a huge Hitch fan and movie fan so I see things differently.

Last edited by smokeweed101.; 02-16-2010 at 11:44 AM..
 02-16-2010, 11:45 AM         #49
Kon Vert  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I agree. I put The Lodger in my intial post. Have you seen that?
 02-16-2010, 12:01 PM         #50
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kon Vert said:
I agree. I put The Lodger in my intial post. Have you seen that?
Referring to the original 1927 silent by Hitch? Good movie and sign of his future genius. Caligari is a great film too, check out Fritz Lang's Metropolis, the best silent Sci-fi movie. And Nosferatu the original silent Dracula.

Last edited by smokeweed101.; 02-16-2010 at 12:04 PM..
 02-16-2010, 12:08 PM         #51
Kon Vert  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Both great films, Metropolis and Nosferatu. Had to watch Metropolis in my film studies class I believe.
 8 years ago '04        #52
apfam77 
space
space
space
$1,001 | Props total: 205 205
 BigL4Life said:
that movie bronson i thuoght is comin 2 theaters soon, i saw a trailer and cant wait 2 c it....

yo really one of the best comedys i ever seen in my life is CLIFFORD starring martin short as a 10 yr old boy... not the red dog... youtube it or find a video if u aint seen it... pure comedy gold
look at me like a normal human boy!!!! hahaha martin short playing a 10 year old is priceless..
 02-16-2010, 12:18 PM         #53
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kon Vert said:
Both great films, Metropolis and Nosferatu. Had to watch Metropolis in my film studies class I believe.
Have you seen The Passion of Joan Arc, Battleship Potemkin, or any of the Chaplin silents? I would recommend those as well. Shocked to see someone on here interested in silents.
 02-16-2010, 12:35 PM         #54
Pstax916  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sin Nobre.. movie is ill.. in spanish but ill..
 8 years ago '07        #55
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 smokeweed101. said:
Lost Highway (1997) - Lynch thriller in which a man and wife are delivered mysterious tapes showing their bedroom under surveillance. At a party the man is confronted by a mystery man who claims to be at the mans home at that same moment, he proves it and claims the man wants him there. Somehow though his wife is murdered and the blame is pinned on him, in prison he transforms into another man and lives a new life. From here on Lynch mind f**ks you in every way possible and throws the typical storyline out the window. Not as well known as Lynch's other films but all the great characteristics are there.
^^^^Pretty well known, but a good film.
 02-16-2010, 01:16 PM         #56
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thehogue... said:
^^^^Pretty well known, but a good film.
Yea but usually overlooked, don't know why.
 8 years ago '07        #57
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 smokeweed101. said:
Yea but usually overlooked, don't know why.
Me either. The movie is a mind f**k though like you said.
 8 years ago '04        #58
RICKS 7 heat pts
space
space
$1,859 | Props total: 46 46
Once Were Warriors?...

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

02-16-2010, 02:10 PM         #59
Robby Digital  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 darealness818 said:
whoever said the wanderers, you're the f**kin man dude...you know many years i been trying to figure out what it was called?
took me forever to find this s**t, I only remembered it because it was filmed in the Bronx and I remember recognizing a lot the areas they were in, etc.. Never knew the name of it until a few months ago.... Old-school gang movies like this and the Warriors >>>>>>... I wish gangs were still like that today LoL..
 8 years ago '08        #60
[Trini Yute] 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,034 | Props total: 525 525
 RICKS said:
Once Were Warriors?...

[pic - click to view]

Battle Royale is that s**t.
City of God is good too
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
171 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
264 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
62 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
91 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
170 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
52 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
115 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
20 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy