Sources: Cavs inching closer to deal with Stoudemire...

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
68 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #1
6865 pageviews
249 comments

JordanMPM 7 heat pts
space
space
$5,011 | Props total: 226 226
Sources: Cavs inching closer to deal with Stoudemire...

[pic - click to view]

Sources: Cavs inching closer to deal for Amare Stoudemire - ESPN

Sources: Hickson, Ilgauskas to Suns
Comment Email Print Share
By Chris Broussard
ESPN The Magaazine
Archive

The Cleveland Cavaliers and Phoenix Suns are closing in on a deal that would send All-Star forward Amare Stoudemire to Cleveland, according to sources with knowledge of the negotiations.

Stoudemire
Stoudemire

The Cavaliers would send Zydrunas Ilgauskas and J.J. Hickson to Phoenix in exchange for Stoudemire, one of the league's most dominant big man.

While Cleveland remains in talks with several other teams, the club, from management down to the players, has settled on Stoudemire as its first choice.

The ball is in Phoenix's court. The Suns are mulling whether the financial relief provided by Ilgauskas's $12 million contract and the young and talented Hickson are enough for them to part with Stoudemire.

Cleveland believes the addition of Stoudemire would all but seal LeBron James' re-signing with the team when he becomes a free agent this summer. The Cavaliers are also prepared to sign Stoudemire, who has one year and $17 million remaining on his contract, to a long-term contract extension once the season ends.

The Suns will likely waive Ilgauskas, which would allow him to be re-signed by Cleveland after 30 days.

Cleveland is also talking with Washington about acquiring Antawn Jamison, as well as Indiana about Troy Murphy. Meanwhile, Golden State is trying to entice the Cavs into taking Corey Maggette for Ilgauskas.

Chris Broussard is a senior writer for ESPN The Magazine.

Hot diggy dog... wrap the NBA title up with a big bow baby... if this happens.. we can possibly get Z back... I hate to lose Hickson.. but your getting a bonafied All-Star now... I'm very excited.. of course the CAVS have to create a buzz during the break...image

249 comments for "Sources: Cavs inching closer to deal with Stoudemire..."

02-14-2010, 03:13 AM         #2
mattnesss 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Him and Shaq aren't going to mesh. Too many bigs in the lane now, especially with LeBron always driving.
 8 years ago '04        #3
JordanMPM 7 heat pts OP
space
space

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

There only Laker failures in this thread!! And to anyone who b**ches that this trade might go down, especially Lakers fans.. You stole Gasol a few years ago.. now its our turn!! to buy a championship!!
 8 years ago '04        #4
JordanMPM 7 heat pts OP
space
space
Lebron will be throwing so many alley oops to Amare, it won't even be funny... Lebron will get him involved.. just like he does with Shaq, and everyone else!!
 8 years ago '07        #5
kidmakaveli 
space
space
$4,711 | Props total: 917 917
i dont agree with the Cavs getting Amare but if its just a straight up Amare for Hickson after Z gets waived then do it ASAP be4 Kerr changes his mind
 8 years ago '04        #6
JordanMPM 7 heat pts OP
space
space
Kerr and Ferry are boys... I don't think they would give Z up.. if they weren't gonna get him back honestly.. he's ment so much to our team.. he deserves to have a chance to win a title!
 8 years ago '04        #7
JordanMPM 7 heat pts OP
space
space
He def won't be getting all those easy dunks anymore... Nash will still set him up well though... but not like Lebron has..
 8 years ago '05        #8
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,735 | Props total: 12560 12560
I'm not sure anyone can score 20ppg playing along side of LeBron thats how much he dominates the ball..
 8 years ago '09        #9
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,183 | Props total: 24 24
 The Bully said:
j.j. hickson's gonna morph back into a scrub after he leaves lebron
He's already a scrub

You think he's good?
 8 years ago '09        #10
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
 Hold That said:
I'm not sure anyone can score 20ppg playing along side of LeBron thats how much he dominates the ball..
Exactly

:agreement6:

Amare is going to want shots, either Lebrons scoring numbers will go down or Amare will be unhappy, but thats what happens when you get more talent on your team. Your numbers go down, if they dont, then that means your dominating the ball too much and the other player(s) arent getting the touches they should.
 8 years ago '06        #11
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
 JordanMPM said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

There only Laker failures in this thread!! And to anyone who b**ches that this trade might go down, especially Lakers fans.. You stole Gasol a few years ago.. now its our turn!! to buy a championship!!
Chill out bro...I'm far from a Lakers fan but you better have some respect considering your boy Lebron got zero titles and calls himself the King
 8 years ago '07        #12
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
steve kerr top 5 worst GMs in all of sports
 02-14-2010, 10:00 AM         #13
Rynoh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is bad. This is all bad. I sure as f**k hope this doesn't go thtough. Don't get me wrong, Amare is one of my favorite players in the league, top ten easy, but the Cavs have everything they f**king need. Ferry is going to catch hell for this because it's going to f**k EVERYTHING UP... damn.
 8 years ago '08        #14
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
space
$39,314 | Props total: 13691 13691
Hickson should still get buckets tho playing with nash
 02-14-2010, 10:02 AM         #15
Rynoh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hold That said:
When you win games at will, what's wrong with dominating the ball? I'd give it to the best player on the team everytime and sit there and watch him... which is pretty much what the Cavs do now... This is one of the 1st seasons where other players are stepping up and getting involved.
 02-14-2010, 10:02 AM         #16
Rynoh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dj ac said:
Hickson should still get buckets tho playing with nash
Excellent point.
 8 years ago '09        #17
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
 WilliamHBonnie said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is bad. This is all bad. I sure as f**k hope this doesn't go thtough. Don't get me wrong, Amare is one of my favorite players in the league, top ten easy, but the Cavs have everything they f**king need. Ferry is going to catch hell for this because it's going to f**k EVERYTHING UP... damn.
Well if they don't get Amare I'ma remember this saying that Lebron has all the help he needs!

Lebron will have more help than Kobe after this!
 8 years ago '08        #18
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,731 | Props total: 11627 11627
Not happenin
 8 years ago '05        #19
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,883 | Props total: 8407 8407
 WilliamHBonnie said:
When you win games at will, what's wrong with dominating the ball? I'd give it to the best player on the team everytime and sit there and watch him... which is pretty much what the Cavs do now... This is one of the 1st seasons where other players are stepping up and getting involved.
well some people criticize you know who for dominating the ball too much and now their dumbasses are saying that they are actually better without him
 02-14-2010, 10:14 AM         #20
Rynoh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
well some people criticize you know who for dominating the ball too much and now their dumbasses are saying that they are actually better without him
You're right. The difference is LeBron gets more than 8 dimes a game. He just dominates more than the ball, he dominates the game.

I'm really not trying to beat a dead horse here.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
112 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
139 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
167 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
130 comments
2 days ago