most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
55 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
46 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-24-2010, 12:55 AM         #101
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 OpeeFaSho said:
I'm guessing by the sentence this game is going to be online?
no and the wasteland is fallout 3
 07-24-2010, 12:55 AM         #102
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It starts with a box, says the developer of the follow up to the hugely successful Fallout 3. Oh, but don't call that box a post apocalyptic role-playing game. That's a pretty crappy way to describe it.

So says, Fallout: New Vegas lead creative designer John Gonzalez, the man responsible for the over-arching story in the game. Obsidian calls that "box" the "series of parameters that the story will take place in." It's a concept, a set of boundaries within to work.

Gonzalez talked about the key influences and key components of Fallout: New Vegas at Comic-Con today, saying that a Fallout game is not just about barren wastelands and mutants, but "ultimately about your experiences" in the world, how you interact with characters and how you overcome obstacles, whether through brains or brawn or stealth tactics.

Crucial to the success of Fallout 3 experience was its signature city, a decimated Washington D.C. So, how did Obsidian settle on a post-nuclear Sin City?

"We were all pretty drunk one night and we thought, not only should we go to Vegas," Gonzalez joked "we should make it the setting of the next Fallout." When Obsidian Entertainment CEO Feargus Urquhart asked Gonzalez to be the creative lead on the game, he likened it to a religious experience.

Gonzalez, who claimed he was first in line at his local GameStop for the midnight launch of Fallout 3, said "It's like God coming down to you and saying 'Hey John, I'd like you to write another chapter of the Bible, take it in any direction that you want.'"

The Fallout: New Vegas creative lead said the books that he drew inspiration from included Las Vegas: An Unconventional History and Cormac McCarthy's The Road. The "non-Brad Pitt, de-Clooneyfied Ocean's Eleven" and indie flick Six String Samurai were his noteworthy film influences. Gangster Bugsy Siegel, the Rat Pack and eccentric millionaire Howard Hughes were also influential. Gonzalez said to pay attention to characters throughout the game to see if you can spot their New Vegas counterparts and the influence of the "Giltter Gulch old style Vegas."

Gonzalez said he immersed himself in the first three Fallout games, replaying each and going on a 14-hour-long writing bender at a local coffee shop "vomiting forth the first draft of the Fallout: New Vegas story treatment."

That said, "no one can get this right on the first try," he stressed, saying that writers should "write and write and write" to perfect the story. Or, to put it more bluntly, "sit the f**k down and write."
 07-25-2010, 01:18 AM         #103
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
9:43 mark = 5 minutes of info

7 years ago '09        #104
the coolest 126 heat pts126
space
space
$4,317 | Props total: 566 566
this will be one of the best games this year no doubt
 07-26-2010, 02:21 PM         #105
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Looks like Ghost's OG post was removed by user

[video - click to view]

07-26-2010, 02:37 PM         #106
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

07-27-2010, 02:31 PM         #107
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Not so much New Vegas related but a great read none the less

7 years ago '10        #108
aka ReeSe 6 heat pts
space
space
$18,697 | Props total: 3745 3745
Damn, I've never played Fallout before but I'm definitely thinking about trading in Skate 3 and picking up Fallout 3 today.
 7 years ago '04        #109
OpeeFaSho 
space
space
$1,069 | Props total: 2 2
 aka ReeSe said:
Damn, I've never played Fallout before but I'm definitely thinking about trading in Skate 3 and picking up Fallout 3 today.
It's worth it. Buy the Game Of The Year Edition, it contains all the DLC.
 07-28-2010, 11:00 AM         #110
Shakespeare  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TriangleOffense said:
I want one of those New California Republic t-shirts
 7 years ago '10        #111
aka ReeSe 6 heat pts
space
space
$18,697 | Props total: 3745 3745
 OpeeFaSho said:
Yeah, that's the one I got. Just got back from picking it up a while ago. Starts off kinda slow though.
 7 years ago '06        #112
d4deesnuts 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,427 | Props total: 3137 3137
 OpeeFaSho said:
for xbox though, i heard the dlc on the ps3 goty version is super glitchy though, i got the original as a gift so i forked up the cash for the downloadable content which of course has some glitches but nothing bad at all.
 08-04-2010, 12:17 PM         #113
CrazyMuney  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pre-ordering mine very soon. Fallout 3 is the best game I've ever played on any system, I love the entire theme, never played 1 or 2 though.
 7 years ago '04        #114
OpeeFaSho 
space
space
$1,069 | Props total: 2 2
 d4deesnuts said:
for xbox though, i heard the dlc on the ps3 goty version is super glitchy though, i got the original as a gift so i forked up the cash for the downloadable content which of course has some glitches but nothing bad at all.
I haven't ran into any glitches, . Besides it freezing, but I think that was due to my PS3 being left on for 2 days straight.
 08-05-2010, 06:07 PM         #115
GhostDigga  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 OpeeFaSho said:
I haven't ran into any glitches, . Besides it freezing, but I think that was due to my PS3 being left on for 2 days straight.

No, that's actually just how the PS3 version works, it's incredibly glitchy, even the save files are glitched, if you overwrite a single file a few hundred times it will corrupt itself (The xbox version does this as well, but only after a thousand or so saves).
 08-10-2010, 01:00 AM         #116
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GhostDigga said:

No, that's actually just how the PS3 version works, it's incredibly glitchy, even the save files are glitched, if you overwrite a single file a few hundred times it will corrupt itself (The xbox version does this as well, but only after a thousand or so saves).
oddly enough I had almost no issues with the DLC off the network but the GOTY edition is almost unplayable in Point Lookout (my fav DLC by far)
 08-10-2010, 06:26 AM         #117
graydome  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
checkin in... can't wait for this.
 08-10-2010, 09:31 AM         #118
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
With the next Fallout game being set in Sin City, it's only natural the game would star the vocal talents or Mr. Las Vegas, Wayne Newton.

Newton is in the game as the disembodied voice of a radio DJ long dead. Which is a bit of a shame. You'd think that were an atomic apocalypse to strike, the only things that would survive in Las Vegas would be c*ckroaches and Wayne Newton. And maybe Cher,

Other actors signed to lend their vocal talents to the game include Kris Kristofferson, Felicia Day, Ron Perlman, Michael "Worf" Dorn and...Matthew Perry.

Fallout: New Vegas will be out in October on 360, PS3 and PC.

I beg of you Oblivion please for the love of god let me k!ll Chandler
 08-10-2010, 12:07 PM         #119
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Fallout 3 outsold every other game in the franchise combined, and there’s more to the series than just the first two games. That’s an impressive statistic (though also sad to learn that two of the greatest RPGs ever made didn’t sell better), but it looks like Obsidian’s upcoming Fallout: New Vegas is going to pass the records broken by its predecessor.

Sarah Seaby, European marketing and PR director for Bethesda has revealed that New Vegas’ pre-orders “are far outstripping those of Fallout 3,” which is good news if you work at Bethesda HQ, I guess.

New Vegas may well sell more than Fallout 3, but will critical and fan reception continue that trend? We’ll find out in October.
 7 years ago '04        #120
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
100 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
127 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
85 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
96 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
178 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy