Official Fallout: New Vegas

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
209 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
136 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
52 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
50 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #41
Afekz 
space
space
$3,860 | Props total: 0 0
I hope there's something similar to GNR.

My whole first playthrough I never fixed the GNR satellite, so I didn't have GNR through like 90% of my playthrough and the whole ambience was mad depressing.

On my second though, when I fixed it, it was like I was playing a whole new game. That f**king soundtrack was the illest s**t ever, and Three Dog talking about s**t you're doing and his general tips & tricks on how to stay alive were entertaining and really made the game that much more enjoyable.
 8 years ago '07        #42
Syringe|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$16,858 | Props total: 2375 2375
 GhostDigga said:
PC Games March 2010 scans

holy f**k i can't wait. props
 8 years ago '09        #43
DJ Idol 18 heat pts18
space
space
$4,004 | Props total: 945 945
 Afekz said:

My whole first playthrough I never fixed the GNR satellite, so I didn't have GNR through like 90% of my playthrough and the whole ambience was mad depressing.

On my second though, when I fixed it, it was like I was playing a whole new game. That f**king soundtrack was the illest s**t ever, and Three Dog talking about s**t you're doing and his general tips & tricks on how to stay alive were entertaining and really made the game that much more enjoyable.
I dunno..I kinda enjoyed the silence...walking around scoping s**t out. Really made you feel like you were alone in a wasteland haha.
 03-01-2010, 02:44 AM         #44
GhostDigga  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DJ Idol said:
I dunno..I kinda enjoyed the silence...walking around scoping s**t out. Really made you feel like you were alone in a wasteland haha.

Me too, I turned the ambient music and the radio off. I always do that when I get accustomed to a shooters. It helps with the immersion.... But I remember the first time I played I turned it on as a distraction every time I was in the Metro tunnels because the ghouls creeped me the frak out.

Last edited by GhostDigga; 03-01-2010 at 02:53 AM..
 03-01-2010, 03:05 AM         #45
GhostDigga  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Afekz said:

I'd bet on it, there will be new tunes from Sinatra, and other 50's Vegas inspired songs, so there will probably be a radio station to play those and a DJ to go along with it.

One thing I do know is the Super Mutants that have fortified Black Mountain will have their own radio station. I don't know if there will be any music on it, but I know they'll be broadcasting threats to k!ll the hostages they've taken. No one really gives a f**k until you decide to do something about it though.

Last edited by GhostDigga; 03-01-2010 at 03:09 AM..
 03-03-2010, 01:35 PM         #46
GhostDigga  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
New preview from a Finnish magazine 'The Pelit', a few little features...

* Weapons have unique/individual qualities. Some cause critical hits to head, others will damage your limbs severely for example the circular saw will eat your fingers
(The translation might be off on that circular saw part)

* death animations vary depending which weapon you are using. Coupled with the unique weapon effects, this should be interesting.
(No more crappy ragdoll all the time? This looks to be a step forward.)

* Different gangs and villages might evolve during your gameplay while you are not watching. For example a certain Raider gang you encounter might find a hidden weapons cache and rise to power.

Last edited by GhostDigga; 03-03-2010 at 01:39 PM..
 03-03-2010, 01:39 PM         #47
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GhostDigga said:
New preview from a Finnish magazine 'The Pelit', a few little features...

* Different gangs and villages might evolve during your gameplay while you are not watching. For example a certain Raider gang you encounter might find a hidden weapons cache and rise to power.
 03-06-2010, 05:58 PM         #48
GhostDigga  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
New info 3/5/10 (nothing much, just random scraps)

* Character creation is virtually identical to Fallout 3, with cosmetic changes like the Gene Projector being replaced by ReflectionTM, "You're SPECIAL!" by Vit-o-Matic machine and GOAT by a psychological test

* The local super mutants are pretty tough and will keep you from wandering aimlessly in the early portions of the game - they tend to even be tougher than deathclaws at early levels

* The Varmint Rifle is a low-power .22 that does significant damage to limbs and has a high critical bonus

* If your Barter skill is high enough, Chet the shopkeeper give you the 9-Iron golf club and some weapon mods

* Every skill will have use in conversations at various points

* Each firearm has a maximum of three modification slots. Once you affix a mod to a gun, it's permanent.

* Temporary followers, like the Goodsprings folks that can help you defeat the Powder Gangers, will also be controlled through the companion wheel

* Concept art of Hoover Dam and screenshots of the Black Mountain radio tower and the character standing inside the mouth of Dinky the Dinosaur shown

* With a high reputation at Goodsprings, you'll get a free bed to sleep in and a discount at the stores

* Neil, a super mutant who hates Tabitha, can help you storm the mountain

* "Skill magazines" you find in New Vegas will only temporarily boost your skills

* There will be a rollercoaster in Primm

* The gameplay has been tweaked a bit to make the combat feel more like a proper shooter rather than an RPG with guns.

* There is a mention of an abandoned school in the starting town as a training dungeon area.

* You can solve the Powder Gangers problem by convincing Mayor Trudi to help you using stealth or small arms skills, or make the local trader give you dynamite using explosives skill. Also, you can use barter to convince the trader to arm the locals.

* The robot seen in the intro is described as having a southern cowboy accent and talking very Ned Flander-ish.

* There's a saloon called Prospector Saloon. It is inspired by the real-world saloon. It is run by Trudy.

* There will be a new sniper rifle. (my guess is a PSG-1 based on glimpses from screenshots)

* You will be able to operate Helios One as long as the sun is shining.

* The location with dinosaur statue is called Cabazon.

* There is a town built around an old hotel which is called Novac after it's broken "No Vacancy" sign.

* There's a location called Air Conditioned Apartments, it consists of three men and a baby.

Last edited by GhostDigga; 03-06-2010 at 06:08 PM..
 03-06-2010, 06:31 PM         #49
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GhostDigga said:
New info 3/5/10 (nothing much, just random scraps)

* "Skill magazines" you find in New Vegas will only temporarily boost your skills

* The gameplay has been tweaked a bit to make the combat feel more like a proper shooter rather than an RPG with guns.
for #1

for #2
 03-06-2010, 08:33 PM         #50
GhostDigga  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TriangleOffense said:

for #2
Yeah, they worded that one wrong, the gameplay is the same, what they meant was Obsidian is trying to make the combat feel more like a top notch shooter than just an RPG with shooting elements. Just things like adding a quick melee button, or adding an Aim Down the Sights view for better shots (just an example) so the combat will feel more satisfying.

Believe me, Obsidian won't be shiesty when it comes to good RPG elements, with all the people who made the original Fallouts on the staff they can't go wrong. Besides if the new SPECIAL and Reputation systems aren't enough, the new dialogue system will do it for you.

Last edited by GhostDigga; 03-06-2010 at 08:37 PM..
 03-07-2010, 08:25 AM         #51
Kuchiki_Byakuya  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TriangleOffense said:
Canada was annexed
:(

But then again....
 03-07-2010, 09:55 AM         #52
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 03-07-2010, 08:34 PM         #53
GhostDigga  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TriangleOffense said:

Damn, I was expecting something other than the magazine press kits...

On the upside, now they're higher quality so I can use one as my desktop background...
 8 years ago '05        #54
Afekz 
space
space
$3,860 | Props total: 0 0
Awwwwww, they made 0 improvements to graphics? Weak.

At least change peoples faces come on.

I'd hate for this to feel like a huge Fallout 3 DLC.
 03-07-2010, 09:19 PM         #55
GhostDigga  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Afekz said:
Awwwwww, they made 0 improvements to graphics? Weak.

At least change peoples faces come on.

I'd hate for this to feel like a huge Fallout 3 DLC.
They've re skinned some things and added some other things, but it's the same engine. I'm perfectly fine with what it is, major improvements will push the game into Fall 2011 territory.
 8 years ago '04        #56
glennrobinson31 
space
space
space
$893 | Props total: 2 2
cant WAIT
 03-17-2010, 10:32 PM         #57
DaRealMrLRP  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lets get it NEW VEGAS ... imma have to break out fallout and run through it for a 4th time doing everything detailed ... here goes 100+ hours to my Xbox 360
 04-30-2010, 10:16 PM         #58
GhostDigga  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
IGN Preview 4/28/10
At first glance it might be possible to look at Fallout: New Vegas and think of it as nothing more than an expansion to Fallout 3. It uses the same engine and the core gameplay has largely been kept intact, so it does share some resemblance with its uncle. But it only takes a second look to see that Obsidian Entertainment is placing its own unmistakable mark on the Fallout franchise. A new Hardcore mode, tweaked combat, weapon mods, gambling, and a game world as big as Fallout 3 are just a few of the things fans will be raving about up to and beyond the release of this next entrant into the much-loved game series. Obsidian, a development studio founded by some of the same people that created the original Fallout games, is back on the scene in a big way.

First, a little background info for those that perhaps don't follow Fallout as closely as others. These games take place in an alternate universe where Earth has gone through nuclear Armageddon, crushing society and splintering the survivors into warring factions desperate to scrape together an existence from the barren wasteland. The catch is that this alternate future is based upon the sci-fi comics of the '50s and '60s, filled with atomic cars and talking robots. Add in some dark humor, deep role-playing mechanics, and a wide open world to explore and you've got a recipe for Fallout.

[pic - click to view]

Another clever take on character customization.

New Vegas picks up three years after the events of Fallout 3, but don't expect the story to continue in a linear fashion. This is its own self-contained tale with its own original characters -- it stands alone. This time the setting is in the remnants of Las Vegas, aptly named New Vegas. The nuclear war didn't destroy everything out here in the desert, though there wasn't much to begin with. Things have held together relatively well all things considered, leaving plenty of places to explore from downtown New Vegas and the Hoover Dam to the towns and settlements of the surrounding Mojave Wasteland.

Fallout: New Vegas starts off with a bang. From a gun. Firing a bullet. Into your head. It seems that some people didn't want the package in your possession to make its scheduled delivery. These crooks leave you to die in the desert outside of New Vegas, but a strange robot with a cowboy personality who goes by Victor rescues you and brings you to a genial man named Doc Mitchell to get you all fixed up.

It's with Doc Mitchell that you'll go through the streamlined character creation and customization setup. Those who played Fallout 3 will be right at home here -- all of the same options exist for creating the look and feel of your character, plus a new age slider has been added -- but the entire process goes by much faster than the protracted childhood of the last game. In a break from tradition, the main character is not a vault dweller raised in a protective fallout shelter that many fled to as the war began. This allowed the developers to get you right into the action should you already be a veteran. After a few questions about your personality, adjustments to the SPECIAL (Strength, Perception, Endurance, Charisma, Intelligence, Agility, and Luck) base stats, tagging a few skills, and receiving a new Pip-Boy 3000 arm mounted computer, you're set free to run off into the wild blue yonder.

[pic - click to view]

Why can't all robots just be friendly?

Adjustments to the structure of the opening moments have been made for both newcomers and experts alike. Rookies might want to settle in for some Rorschach tests, word a.ssociations and grim humor at the hands of Doc Mitchell while the game decides how to craft your base stats before heading outside for a series of tutorial missions.

Pros, on the other hand, can blast through the opening, pick their own stats, and skip the tutorial quests. They can even select the brand new Hardcore mode for some added difficulty. Be warned: Hardcore mode lives up to its name. Taking that option will make the game much more realistic by -- among other things -- adding weight to even little things like bullets, forcing the player to regularly eat and drink water to stay alive, requiring a doctor visit to heal broken bones, and making Stimpaks heal over time instead of instantly. Not for the weak willed, but Obsidian is promising a treat for those that make it through to the end.

Like most role-playing games, New Vegas starts off with a relatively straightforward task -- find out who left you to die in the desert. Along the way, you'll run into various factions and groups vying for control of the region and it won't be long before you get sucked up into the biggest confrontation of them all. The bureaucratic New California Republic is looking to move in and take over the Hoover Dam, a miraculously operational facility. The slaver crew known as Caesar's Legions has other plans.

But before you can get caught up in that war, you'll have to take your first steps towards revenge. That adventure begins in a town called Goodsprings, which is where many of the new features of Fallout: New Vegas begin to show their faces. The biggest of these are related to combat.

[pic - click to view]

The new companion wheel makes friends friendlier.

New Vegas is still an open world role-playing game and the combination of real-time shooting and VATS (a targeting system that pauses the game and allows for a more classically RPG style of combat) has not changed. Newly added is the ability to find and equip weapon mods and specialty ammo, further tweaking and improving an arsenal that already contains twice as many weapons as Fallout 3. If that Grenade Machine Gun isn't good enough, you can always add an extra mod on it to make its rate of fire even faster. Scopes, extra clips, special ammo and more can be found for most weapons, and every change you make to the gun is reflected in its look in the game.

Some additions have been made to the flow of combat as well, making New Vegas a much more flexible and fluid looking experience. During real-time combat, new camera options have been added and the mechanics have been tweaked. You can now aim down the sights like most standard first-person shooters, and the game options can be tweaked to add in the cinematic, slow-mo k!ll cam previously only available through VATS. If you do bring up VATS, you'll find new options for melee targeting including special moves. No matter your battle preferences, prepare for a similar gore fest to Fallout 3. During the demo I watched as the player took an uppercut swing with a 9 Iron golf club to the face of an enemy. His head flew off in a stream of blood.

[pic - click to view]

A look from within Dinky the Dinosaur.

Another major addition to the flow of combat is the new companion wheel. This is a single-player RPG and you directly control only one main character, but along the way you will come across numerous companions who might be persuaded to join up and help you out. With the companion wheel, you'll be able to quickly dish out basic commands to let your helper know whether to f!ght or flee. You'll also be able to much more easily manage their health and equipment. And if you make a dumb decision by giving a trained sniper a shotgun, the companion will let you know it.

There's lots of new firepower, for sure. But you'll need it when facing off against some of monsters that inhabit the area around New Vegas. As Obsidian has a history with the Fallout franchise, it is making sure that the longtime fans see things that make them get all nostalgic. New beasts like the mutant Big Horner are joined by some old foes. The Gecko (normal, Fire, and Golden variants) and the elite Supter Mutant Nightkin are back, the latter of which can switch on some active camo to make things extra tricky. While the Nightkin is invisible, you won't be able to target them in VATS.

Things get trickier yet when you add in the new armored defense some elite enemies can present. When targeting some of the stronger units in New Vegas, you might see a red shield appear on the screen. That would be your indication to switch weapons to something more effective. Perhaps a Plasma Caster would be called for.

If you haven't figured it out by now, my first look at Fallout: New Vegas was rather extensive, and it did a great job of showing off just how massive the game is. In addition to the opening town of Goodsprings, I also got a look at Primm (a real-life town that includes a roller-coaster), Novak, Black Mountain and the Helios 1 Power Plant. Along the way I got a look at several quests that ranged in complexity from simple Gecko hunts, to sniper defenses inside the mouth of a huge Dinky the Dinosaur statue, to giant set pieces that involved turning solar plants into massive solar weapons.

The most interesting part of the watching the quests play out came in the explanation of the extended system of notoriety and karma. Once again, you're free to be as nice or nasty as you please and your overall karma level will reflect it. At the same time, each faction or town you come across will react to your reputation you have with it. Help out the Brotherhood of the Steel and they might give you some protection or let you inside a locked down training camp. p!ss off Caesar's Legion and they might send a hitman your way. Smaller towns might simply give you discounts…or tribute. With this system you're free to be both good and evil, shaping the way the world reacts to you along the way and ultimately affecting the outcome of your game.

[pic - click to view]

The demo closed with this massive super weapon being activated at Helios 1.

I'm quite impressed with all that has been added and tweaked – Obsidian clearly did its homework and thought long and hard about what aspects of Fallout 3 could be improved upon without changing the formula too drastically. I've listed a lot of the new features here, but still haven't even gotten to all of them. Even the conversation system has been tweaked to better integrate all skills and better let you know the odds of succeeding in a persuasion option. And I didn't get to see the main strip in New Vegas at all – a place promised to hold surprises for those that can survive the treacherous road in.

If there was any disappointment with my first look at Fallout: New Vegas, it came with the look. Though work has been done on the engine to improve the flow of combat and conversations, little if any was done to make it more visually appealing. It will have been two years since Fallout 3 came out by the time New Vegas hits store shelves and the animations and character models are beginning to show their age.

For me, that's a small concession. All of the additions to the gameplay sound exciting and the core of what made Fallout 3 so fantastic is completely intact. Want more of a great thing with plenty of new additions to make it feel fresh all over again? New Vegas has your back.

Keep an eye out for Fallout: New Vegas this fall on Xbox 360, PS3 and Games for Windows PC. And stay tuned to IGN for much more leading up to then.
Source:

Last edited by GhostDigga; 04-30-2010 at 10:26 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #59
D. Norman 6 heat pts
space
space
$14,847 | Props total: 1986 1986
never played 3...

But think ill buy this when it comese out... matters what the season is when it comes out, winter, late fall = buy
 04-30-2010, 10:28 PM         #60
GhostDigga  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 D. Norman said:
never played 3...

But think ill buy this when it comese out... matters what the season is when it comes out, winter, late fall = buy
Comes out October 10th I believe, dates are always subject to change though.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
15 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
15 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
50 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Rossí Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
47 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy